( TEARS BECOME A SEA ✩ ── higgle/nunavik

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

( TEARS BECOME A SEA ✩ ── higgle/nunavik

Postby Nunavik » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:50 pm

res
Nunavik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ( TEARS BECOME A SEA ✩ ── higgle/nunavik

Postby Nunavik » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:51 pm

fill___________________________________
fillxxImage
fillanimagus form: elk
filllother several ear piercings; tattoo of a
filllunicorn on shoulder blade,
filllreflected on animagus form

fillhereImage
x
xImage
x
name everett alonzo
gender male
age 17 years
dob october 12th
sexuality straight
nationality scottish
x
blood status pureblood
house hufflepuff
patrounus elk
wand 9 ½ rigid hawthorn wood
with unicorn hair core

filler
everett was born to aisling worth and kit alonzo.his father a
descendant of a distinct, pureblood wizarding family from
scotland and his mother from an equally distinct wizarding
linage but with no magical properties of her own, everett
grew up around the principles and capabilities of magic, but
often suppressed to keep his mother sane from knowing
magic had skipped only her generation. perhaps destined for
a series of unfortunate events, everett learned early on that
he seemed also to be cursed for at the age of 10, he learned
he was an animagus: a genetic condition frowned upon in the
wizarding world. his mother often dotted on discovering this,
but his father hated it. as a result, the family elected to hide
the condition from the world and thus, everett grew up
worried the family secret would eventually be discovered.

typically kind and outgoing from his youth, everett grew
into a withdrawn and fragile individual. introverted and quiet,
he learned to keep to himself and become more observant
of his friends and those around him instead of expressing
himself too much and too quickly. he struggles with his secret,
finding himself hating to pretend he is somebody that he is not.
everett finds solace in his work at hogwarts, spending countless
hours in the castle's library or exploring the forest where he
finds himself most at home.
Nunavik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby higgle » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:56 am

dahlia hawthorne​
she/her x 17 x seventh year slytherin x straight x pureblood x english
────────────────────────────────────────
patronus; black mamba
wand; english oak wood with a phoenix feather core, 13 and unbending flexibility

zodiac; sagittarius
nicknames; lia
birthday; december second

the hawthorne family was once one of the most powerful pureblood lineages in england. their blood purity slowly trickled away as more and more of the family disowned the ideals of the prestigious purebloods, however one small line of the family upheld the traditions throughout the years. while they are looked down upon by most of the influential pureblood family, they still believe themselves to be as important as they once were. dahlia is the most recent heir to come of this, the only child of valentine hawthorne and beatrice hawthorne. the surviving members of her family do not speak of their disgraced family tree. all expectations are upon dahlia to continue their lineage and bring pride to the hawthorne family name.

raised up in such a manner, dahlia does not know much else. she was surrounded with other magical pureblood children as a child, and only told of the nasty ways of muggles and their magical children. dahlia expects to get her way, and will do anything in her power to achieve what she wants. her parents bestowed upon her the ideals that she is more important than most, and it is not a secret that she feels that way. she will do whatever she must to please her family, as she does not know anything else. she is a favorite of professor slughorn, the slytherin head of house, excelling in potions, and as such, he turns a blind eye to most wrongdoing she may cause. dahlia has an affinity for any sort of creature, perhaps the only thing about her that could be considered "soft." she keeps a silver cat, named sylvie.

physical traits; dahlia stands a bit taller than most of the girls her age, at 5'9. her eyes are a light hazel and her skin is dusted with freckles, covering most parts of her body. she keeps her blonde hair magically curled at her shoulders at almost all times.
other; she wears a silver ring on her left hand bearing the hawthorne family crest.
a pathological people pleaser

rea / she/her / taylor swift <3

───────
higgle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby higgle » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:30 am

dahlia awoke to the cold chill drafting off the stone of her bedroom walls. to any other student, the small stone room might seem like a prison cell, but to the slytherins, it was home. sylvie, the silver cat, was lying at dahlia's feet, but was awoken by the girl stirring. blinking the dreariness of sleep out of her eyes, dahlia brushed away the warm blankets of her bed and stood, bare feet on the cold cobblestone floor. she moved sleepily towards her wardrobe, grabbing her usual school robes and laying them across the foot of the plush bed. "good morning, syvlie.", she spoke quietly to the cat, who had now jumped down from the bed and was twirling around her ankles. dahlia slipped out of her nightdress and into her clothes for the day, leaving the heavy robe to sit on the bed until she was ready to leave. she moved to the ornate silver mirror hanging from the stone wall, whispering into it the charm she used every morning to keep her hair delicately curled at her collarbone. dahlia was nothing if not one to keep up appearances, as had been drilled into her from such a young age. any imperfections could not be shown, her mother had told her at the measly age of five yeas old. desperate to live up to her parents expectations, dahlia awoke each morning and upheld the standards of a picture perfect pureblood girl.

dahlia exited her bedroom, but not before slipping on her billowing black and green school robe and lacing her heavy black boots onto her feet. in the common room, muttered greetings were exchanged between the girl and some of the other older students. one first year looked at her cautiously, before catching her eye and turning back to their studies quickly, as if they had never looked at all. sylvie had followed her out of the room, but had wandered off somewhere into the common room, probably finding a spot beside the dwindiling fire that filled the marble fireplace. dahlia followed the passageway out of the common room and into the halls of hogwarts castle, making her way up the staircases from the dungeons to the great hall, just in time for breakfast.

───────
higgle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nunavik » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:56 am

the morning had been rough for everett. dawn had just begun to break when he had snuck back into the castle, shifting quietly from his animagus form back into his hogwarts robes before any student or professor could see him. most nights, everett could sleep soundly in his bed up in the hufflepuff dormitories; however, recently, sleep seemed to be alluding him. he still did not understand why. every night when sleep finally claimed him, his dreams would be filled of smells and scents of the dark forest that cloaked hogwarts in the scottish highlands. he knew he was not human in his dreams, always an elk. the itch of his horns upon his head, the feeling of grass and moss pressed beneath his hooves. and he was always running from something unseen in the dark. for weeks now, it had forced everett to sneak from the dormitories to search the forest for the answers in his dreams, but every night had become more useless than the other and only left him sore, hungry, and tired beyond recognition well before breakfast.

his secret had in recent years become much heavier. he had yet to determine if it was the weight of his secret or the idea that he would soon be graduating from hogwarts and his secret would become even harder to hide. everett — despite the near decade he had lived knowing he was an animagus had slowly begun to revert back in his control. with his recent dreams, he felt an impeding sense of doom that he was slowly losing control, and losing control meant exposure.

but he knew he could not dwell on these facts. atleast, not now. it was almost time for classes and he had only a matter of minutes to prepare himself for his day before the senior hufflepuff students made their way down to the dining hall. already dressed when he had returned to the castle, everett made a show of wiping his face quickly in the mirror of his dorm. sleep still embroidered his eyes and bits of grime covered his ears and nose no doubt from his midnight trek. large bags made his normal, bright golden-brown eyes appear dull and lifeless. had there been more time, he may have opted for a bit of makeup to cover the blemishes. alas, he did not.

somewhere behind him, a student called his name. "huh?" everett hummed in response, turning his gaze from the mirror. he was greeted by the sound of the door closing in the boy's dormitories. left alone, everett gave himself one last onceover before determining he would not be satisfied with his appearance but had to move right along. he picked up his bag from beside his nightstand and emerged from the shelter of the hufflepuff common room.

x

everett knew the hogwarts castle like the back of his hand. he recalled all the stories of mischief some of the students would get into in their earlier years. he recalled some students charting maps of all the hidden entrances in and out of the castle; casting spells to compel others from following suit; losing many points to professors for sheer, dumb luck in getting caught. everett, in his early days, always seemed to be involved in some type of mischief that came with exploring. naturally, as he grew up and the control of his power lessen, everett had settled into a safer mode of exploration with less prying eyes. nonetheless, he had developed a knack for finding his way around.

now, he was positive he could find his way into the dining hall even if he was not following behind a group of loud, boisterous gryffindor students who had merged with his own house as they led the way to breakfast. he was the last of the hufflepuff students to make it. his shoulders tense from sleep deprivation and sore from the weight of his student material. as he turned to enter the hall, everett turned his attention from in front of him to his shoulder bag to readjust the weight only to collide with someone. nearly the same height compared to him, but with perfect curls always set against her collarbone and a sneer that only she could produce that always managed to get under his skin with. dahlia.
Nunavik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby higgle » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:20 am

dahlia had stopped briefly inside the massive doors of the great hall, scanning the slytherin table to decide where to sit that morning. just as she had decided to accompany another seventh year girl, she was jolted from her graceful stance by the weight of another's body crashing into her back. she yelped, stumbling forward to balance herself. she snapped her neck around with a sneer on her face, looking to see who had dared to do such a thing to her. everett. of course it was him, she thought. the seventh year hufflepuff she had despised she she arrived at hogwarts at the age of eleven. she had ridden on the train which him, the very first time they ever boarded. of course, not by choice. however, she had arrived late and every other carriage was full, save for the one that the little boy had occupied. when he told her of his last name, she knew his family, of course. she knew of the fact that his mother was a squib, a disgrace upon the wizarding world. despite being set in separate houses, dahlia ran into everett more than she would ever prefer. if she had to be around him, she thought, she'd at least have fun. all seven years they had attended the school, she had teased the boy relentlessly. never going so far as to curse him, as some might, of course, but he would never get away from her without some sort of snide comment, if she could chose.

"you!" she sneered, a look of pure anger crossing her face. "you just can't keep away, can you? pitiful! it's almost like you choose to follow me around- like a little rat!" she smirked, satisfied with her own choice of insults. she felt enjoyment in insulting the boy, the power that she got from making him feel bad made her feel even better about herself. perhaps that made her a bad person, but that's how she'd been taught by her family and by her own house, the older purebloods that had taken her in as a first year and taught her they were superior to everyone else in the massive school. "i can't seem to go one day without seeing your sniveling face around, can i?" her shrill voice let out, no doubt gathering the attention of any student within earshot. dahlia was not a quiet girl.

───────
higgle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nunavik » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:40 am

it was instinct for everett to reach out and make a grab to help stabilize the girl he had accidentally ran into. once he realized who it was, everett immediately reeled back, his hands in the air as if he had been caught doing something illegal. dahlia was, in the kindest words he could muster, difficult. since they had first met nearly seven years ago, the pair had never gotten along. he suspected it had alot to do with not only his bloodline, but the fact her family had such high opinions of themselves. when they had been sorted in their houses, it had not surprised everett she had been immediately sorted into slytherin. she was as equal to a slytherin heir as he could ever imagine.

now, everett did his best to not associate with her although that was beginning to become difficult especially considering this year, hufflepuff house would share numerous classes with slytherin. he anticipated he'd be seeing dahlia alot more. seeing the sneer plastered across her face, everett tensed, bracing himself for the tongue lashing he knew he was about to receive.

his ears grew hot beneath his short, dirty-blond hair as dahlia spew venom. in the beginning of his hogwarts attendance, everett had done his best to rise to the occasion and retort just as hotly to her as she did to him. over the years, everett had become much more tame and his retorts were practically non-existent. he simply allowed her to continue to berate him before walking away. everett scoffed, rolling his eyes. "bite me, lia" he replied, his voice quiet as if he did not want all the lingering eyes in the dining hall to also hear his response.

not that it mattered. dahlia was always the loudest in the hall anyway and he was sure she'd make a scene just to prove a point. "not everything is about you", he added, his accent briefly dusting his words. his golden-brown eyes narrowed upon her own briefly as he bent down to retrieve his shoulder bag that he had dropped in the chaos. he quickly shouldered the bag again, this time pulling it over his head to distribute the weight a bit better. "i'd be glad not to see your sniveling face anymore today so feel free to skip our classes together if you don't mind." everett didn't know where his sudden voice came from, but it felt good to suddenly have a bit of bite to return to her. perhaps it was the lack of sleep.
" said your friends didn't
want ya but i swear i do "

─────────────────────
cze 🌿 she/her 🌵 adult
Nunavik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby higgle » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:48 pm

dahlia held an air of satisfaction at getting the boy to retort to her. it was no fun when he simply tucked tail and ran away, she reasoned. seeing the fiery side of him brought out a joy in her that was evident in the sly smirk that graced her lips. "ah! snippy this morning, are we, alonzo?" she teased, having quickly recovered her grace from the stumble and had regained her confident stance, arms crossed across her chest. sure, she hated the nickname lia. the only other person who called her that was her own mother, and it made her feel like a child. of course, everett had discovered this. this morning, she was simply entertained by the boy, and had decided to overlook it. "i'm positive you'd miss me too much.", she replied at the other's comments about her missing class.

at the opening ceremony, dumbledore had rattled on some gibberish about house sizes and how slytherin and gryffindor had grown too large to share classes, as they had always done. instead, the headmaster had dumped the hufflepuffs in with the slytherins. dahlia wondered every day why they couldn't just have the ravenclaws. surely, the hufflepuffs would get along quite well with the thick-skulled gryffindors, she'd reasoned. but alas, what was done is done, and dahlia was lovingly stuck with everett alonzo in almost every single class she had, even including her favorite, care of magical creatures, disappointingly enough.

dahlia watched the fair-haired boy struggle to bring his bag off the ground, noticing the dark circles that blotted his skin underneath his eyes. "rough night, eh, love? not losing sleep over me, are you?" dahlia, of course, was quite conceited. while she didn't really think that it had anything to do with her, she couldn't imagine what the boy must have been doing to look as rough as he did.

───────
higgle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nunavik » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:23 pm

alonzo. everett was by no means embarrassed or ashamed of his family nor the name it represented. but the way she spat it in his face made him see red. his family was of noble birth, the family name only what many wizarding families would consider spoiled when he married everett's mother. even then, it had been no fault of anyone that his mother had not been blessed with the gift of magic despite her own family being so. he was not ashamed, he kept telling himself even as that thought begun to waver. he would have to repeat this to himself, a dozen times, over and over again until the bite of her words no longer stung.

itching to leave her presence, he shrugged his shoulders. it was a cool gesture, one to show her words did not affect him even when his face said differently. "I surely wouldn't." he clarified, "there are others i much rather spend my time entertaining than you."

the day had barely began and already, it was too long. his belly rumbled with hunger as he stared dahlia down. the bags beneath his eyes only added to the fire that had begun to show. he really did not like her. somewhere behind him, he heard someone clear their throat as if to announce their arrival. still reeling from their banter, everett was ready to tell them off as well when he glanced behind him and noticed it was not another student but professor dumbledore. immediately, everett felt shame. had he heard their entire conversation? how long had he been standing there?

everett tightened his grip on his bag as he backed away from the elder a few steps. somehow, he found himself behind dahlia, sinking closer to a spot at the hufflepuff table where his fellow dormmates were already eating and no doubt gossiping. everett offered a sheepish smile to the headmaster, "professor dumbledore. good morning." he said, "we- we were just.." he seemed to lose all the fire in his body and his voice as he was stared down upon. without another word, everett tossed dahlia a hateful look before he took his seat at the hufflepuff table. class started in thirty minutes and he knew he would still be hating himself for allowing dahlia to get under his skin and rile his feathers.
" said your friends didn't
want ya but i swear i do "

─────────────────────
cze 🌿 she/her 🌵 adult
Nunavik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby higgle » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:48 pm

dahlia grinned with satisfaction at seeing the boy's facial expressions. of course, she barely even saw him as a pureblood. she was taught the way of every influential pureblood family at a young age, and while, of course, her family was not seen as the best standing, they still held the ideals. as such, she knew all about the alonzo's, and how everett's father had chosen to marry a squib. she simply couldn't imagine how one could do that.

"unfortunately for you, darling, you're stuck with me all year." of course, if dahlia had her way, she wouldn't have classes with him, but since she was forced to be with the boy, might as well have her fun with it. at the appearance of dumbledore, she quickly put on a polite smile. not sure how much she had heard, but confident in her abilities to get away with most anything, she nodded a quick, "hello, headmaster." and hurried along to join one of her house friends at the slytherin table, eager to get along to potions, one of the classes she excelled in.

───────
higgle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me