1X1 with arvanien

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: 1X1 with arvanien

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:48 am

Juniper

“Kyran is really nice, isn’t he?” Juniper agreed cheerfully. He sincerely hoped that Kyran wouldn’t be fired because of him. The nurse was really a very sweet guy; he didn’t deserve to get in trouble for helping out a friend. Juniper promised himself that he’d visit Kyran sometime to thank him and maybe even bring him some pastries. Of course, that would probably have to wait a little while until he got some baking supplies. Juniper had almost forgotten about losing his home in the Howler village, but as he looked back at Celeste his heart felt warm and content. It was totally worth it. I’d give up anything to be with her

“Absolutely! There’s no one I’d rather spend eternity with than you, honey bunny” Juniper gave a soft laugh, gently running his thumb across the back of her hand. He loved how Celeste’s small, soft hand fit perfectly in his. Their hands were so different, but that made Juniper adore every detail about her hands even more, from the delicate way her fingers tapered to the shapeliness of her nails. Juniper’s hands were a bit rough from callouses in comparison to hers, but his touch was caring and gentler than a surgeon’s. “I know we’ll be together in this life and the next one” He said, wrapping his arms around her cozily. He loved holding Celeste close like this; her comforting warmth and faintly floral scent made Juniper’s heart melt. My stars, how is she so perfect? I’ve never met anyone remotely like her before. Celeste’s so beautiful and kind-hearted and just perfect.

“It wasn’t your fault I was hurt, darling. Don’t worry about it” He insisted, giving her a gentle squeeze. Truthfully, his was afraid that it was his fault that Celeste was hurt. After all none of this would have happened if he hadn’t taken her to the Howler village. Juniper grinned crookedly as Celeste playfully slapped his arm. “You’ll never make me tell! A Howler can’t reveal all his secrets” He laughed warmly, his eyes glittering with a playful mischief. “But, I think I can trust you, bunny.” Juniper lowered his voice as if it were some big secret, “I trailed you and your brother’s scents in my hyena form. Your brother smells like the stuff you use to wash laundry in and a bit like smoke.” Juniper gave a warm laugh, “It really wasn’t too difficult. But, how do you Quell find each other’s houses? You don’t have symbols on your doors like Howlers do. And some of your houses look almost the same!” He asked thoughtfully. It still perplexed him how Quell found their houses when most looked pretty much the same to him, not to mention there was easily a few hundred houses in Solodin. Juniper was used to living in the Howler village, which was much was much smaller than that.

Juniper smiled softly at Celeste, his eyes filled with a fondness he only had for her, “I love you so much Celeste. You’re the most beautiful person inside and out that I have ever met. I don’t even know how to explain how much you mean to me. I want to spend my whole life making you happy, darling.” He gave her an affectionate squeeze, feeling content, “I know I’ll never be sad again when my whole world fits in my arms.” Juniper grinned crookedly as Celeste sweetly kissed his jaw. He adored Celeste’s kisses- they never failed to make his heart pound in his chest. A faint blushed crossed his cheeks as he found himself meeting Celeste’s lovely blue-eyed gaze. Very gently, Juniper cupped his hand to her cheek and pressed his lips softly to hers. Perhaps in was a bit impulsive, but he didn’t know what had over taken him. As he pulled away slowly, Juniper’s face was bright red. Oh my stars, Arion is probably going to kill me... but it was worth it.

Lyra

Lyra smiled back, thankful for his confidence in her. “Thank you, I appreciate that, Endymion” The alpha said sincerely. Her coffee colored eyes sparkled with a bit with their usual determined glint. Though, she wasn’t completely convinced that she could still effectively lead the pack while she was wounded, Lyra was still grateful for Endymion’s loyal support. Besides, now that the war was over her responsibilities to the pack had lessened a bit. She didn’t have to worry every minute that the village would be attacked by Quell, which was a huge relief. The pack couldn’t really run itself, but Lyra was a little more confident that things would be fine while she took the time to heal a bit. She just hoped that the pack would remain loyal to her while she was weakened. Juniper’s betrayal had very obviously shaken her. What if more Howlers turned against her?

The cool breeze from outside snapped Lyra out of her negative thoughts. It was quite refreshing to feel the fresh air against her face. The alpha looked over at Endymion as he spoke, relieved that he didn’t think badly of her asking for his help. “Thank you,” She said sincerely. Lyra glanced at her leg, debating on whether she could walk with his help or not. Deep down she knew she couldn’t do it, but her stubborn pride kept her from admitting it, even to herself. Carefully, she shifted her leg to see if she could put any weight on it. Before she even put any pressure on it, Lyra winced visibly, resisting the urge to let out a frustrated curse. D*mn it, why do I have to be this helpless? She gave a soft sigh, looking anywhere but Endymion “Would it be any trouble for you to carry me?” Lyra asked humbly. She hated having to show any weakness, but there was no way she could walk on her injured leg. If she tried, it would most likely only make things worse. Humbly asking for help was hard enough for Lyra but passing out from pain on top of Endymion was an even less desirable option.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:25 pm

Arion

Celeste

"He's the perfect example of how to treat everyone equally. It's good to see those kinds of people working in our hospital!" Celeste commented, clasping Juniper's hand in both of hers. She smiled up at him lovingly as he wrapped his arms around her. Oh my goodness...those purple eyes are even more gorgeous up close. That warm, soft look in them is enough to melt an iceberg, she thought contentedly, enamored. Juniper was quite strong from the strenuous life he led in the Howler village, but it obviously hadn't made him rough in any way. Celeste put her arms around his neck as he hugged her, warm and careful as she was mindful of his bruises he'd taken for her. Juniper was so comforting in every way, his scent reminded her of the lush, beautiful forest - the home she'd known even before Solodin.

"Maybe so," she agreed uncertainly. "I thought it was downright noble of you, being so quick to defend me. Juniper, you're so wonderful to me," she said softly, stroking the back of his hand. Celeste knew that if she'd left the village more quickly, none of these things would have happened. Neither of them would have been hurt at all, Arion and Basil wouldn't have to lose a night of sleep, and most importantly, Juniper wouldn't have lost his home. She still was in awe of the fact that he'd chosen her, someone he'd just met, over his loyalty to the pack. Celeste loved Juniper even more for that, but it had cost him dearly. Perhaps if we are careful, Juniper could reclaim his place in the pack? she wondered dubiously. It wasn't fair for Juniper to be left homeless because of her. Arion certainly wouldn't let him live with them. Celeste closed her eyes, wishing she hadn't made such a mess of things.

All her thoughts dissipated as Juniper's bright cheerfulness lifted her spirits. Celeste grinned happily, "Really? Awesome! I remember you mentioning how sharp Howlers' senses are. That's amazing!" She laughed as Juniper's described Arion's scent. "That makes sense. Yesterday he was raving about how he couldn't get bloodstains out of his clothes. But really, I think our washing machine is broken now." She gave a small giggle.

Celeste was amused at how innocent Juniper's question was. She must have seemed the same to him when she was asking him about Howler culture. "You're right, some of the houses can look identical. But we have addresses! Street names, house numbers, and city districts all tell where a certain person lives." In this particular neighborhood, however, nearly all of the houses had their own beautifully unique style, as each was built by a specially commissioned architect. "I liked how you had symbols painted on each door, though. Do they have any particular meaning for the family they represent?"

Celeste beamed with joy, feeling a kind of contentment that only a dearly loved one could bring. The way Juniper looked at her made her absolutely radiant. No one had ever looked at her quite like that before, and it made her heart speed up and her face warm. She laughed sunnily, "You'll always have me, then. There's no way I could feel down when I'm with you. And you give the best hugs!" She smiled up at him, hugging him closer. "I knew you were special ever since I saw you sitting surrounded by so many books! And you've only proved it the more I get to know you. You're the perfect combination of handsome, reliable, charming, fierce, and fluffy." Her eyes twinkled as she gently ran her fingers through his hair. Celeste stopped still as Juniper kissed her softly, too stunned to react for a second. Her eyes closed as he pressed his lips to hers, leaning into him just a little. As he pulled away, her heart sped up wildly and she blushed hard, her sky blue eyes sparkling with pleasure. Celeste buried her face in his chest, giggling. Oh my goodness! He really just...! she was too flustered to think straight.

Arion chose that moment to come up behind Juniper, crossing his arms. "How dare you violate my sister." He said flatly, but made no move to separate them. Celeste looked up, "Arion! Have some shame!" She threw a couch cushion at him, blushing harder. "I will not," he sniffed, catching the cushion, "Not while he's kissing you like that." His tone was strange; it was hard to predict whether Arion would let them be or kick Juniper out after delivering a death threat.

Endymion

He only nodded in reply, then glanced briefly at Lyra's wounded leg as well. Even if she leaned on his shoulder or something, it looked like it would hurt terribly to put any weight on it. Endymion didn't feel exactly sorry for Lyra - she didn't need his pity - but he sympathized for once with her. Helplessness was one of the worst feelings there was. "No," he answered calmly. "I was sure you'd deem that the best way, anyhow." Endymion knelt close to Lyra and, with utmost care, picked her up bridal style, somehow in a wholly asexual way. The first thing he noticed was how feverishly warm she was. It would be necessary to go to the stream, anyway. "Are you comfortable?"
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:32 am

Juniper

“Noble? I don’t know if attacking my alpha was that noble.” Juniper gave a soft laugh, though there wasn’t any hint of scorn behind it. “But, I’d do it again in a heartbeat for you, darling. I promise, I’ll always defend you.” He said sincerely. He had already proved that he’d lay down his life to protect Celeste. They may not have known each other for very long, but Juniper was devotedly loyal to her. If he had to, he wouldn’t hesitate to lay down his life for hers. Juniper grinned crookedly as Celeste complimented his abilities. “Thank you, bunny!” He gave a bubbly laugh as she mentioned Arion and their washing machine. Truthfully, he had no idea how to use a washing machine, though he did know what they looked like and what they were used for. Juniper was used to washing clothes with a washboard ((lol which is hard to do XD)). Quell’s technology and way of life still baffled him sometimes, though he found it interesting. “Really?” Juniper said, trying to grasp addresses,” So that’s what the numbers on your houses are for.” He shrugged, pushing the thought aside. Family symbols still seemed to be an easier way to mark houses in his opinion. Juniper nodded at her question, a bit surprised that she liked the Howler custom. “Yeah! Every Howler has to earn their symbol when they come of age. Its sort of like a right of passage you have to go through before you can be "accepted" into the pack.” He explained, " A teen Howler has to prove their bravery or intelligence or some special skill to the pack. Then, our Alpha or healer will give that Howler a special symbol based on that. It sort of becomes like a signature and how you're known to the pack. When a Howler builds their own house, the head of the house hold will put his- or her, symbol over the door. It used to be for good luck, but now it's more of a tradition than anything else ".

Juniper’s face was a bright red as he smiled softly at Celeste. The fondness in his sparkling purple eyes was unmistakable. His heart pounded wildly in his chest as he was momentarily lost in Celeste’s stunning blue-eyed gaze. How is she so beautiful? Juniper wondered just a bit breathlessly, I never want to be apart from her, ever. He held her close to his chest, loving her comfortable weight and warmth against him. Juniper closed his eyes, very gently resting his chin on the top of her head. The sweet smell of Celeste’s shampoo made him feel slightly intoxicated. My stars, she even smells pretty He thought absentmindedly, giving a soft laugh.

But, the sound of Arion’s voice snapped Juniper out of his dreamy thoughts. “V-violate?” He repeated, obviously confused, “I’d didn’t….?”. A hurt look crossed his face as if Arion had called him a mutt. Why does he hate me so much? Is it because he doesn’t want his sister to fall in love with a Howler? He glanced at Celeste before looking back at Arion. He didn’t know what to make of Arion’s expression, but he thought it was probably best if he left them alone. Juniper felt as if his heart would shatter from sorrow. “I guess my ‘few minutes’ is up, huh?” He joked a bit, looking up at Arion. He did say I could only stay a few minutes… with her it barely felt as if any time went by at all. Juniper hesitantly unwrapped his arms from around Celeste, “I’m sorry bunny… maybe I should go-“He stopped about to say ‘home’ but he suddenly realized he had no where to go. And Juniper was sure he couldn’t even be with Celeste because of Arion. “Never mind, it doesn’t matter. I’m awfully sorry for interrupting your lunch.” Juniper’s eyes were filled with a bittersweet sorrow that made him look like a sad, lost puppy. Though, he managed to muster up his cheerful smile as he looked down at Celeste, still in his arms. Very gently, he pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. “I love you so much, darling. I promise we’ll be together, no matter what.” He murmured softly, just so that she would hear.

Lyra

“I’m fine, thank you” Lyra said, her voice not giving away any readable emotion as usual. Of course, the alpha was very grateful for all Endymion’s assistance, but it just wasn’t in her nature to be overly expressive. Truthfully, she didn’t really get along well with people who were overly sensitive or emotional. Maybe that was why she was so thankful for the warrior’s impassive attitude that was similar to her own. Somehow it made it easier for Lyra to trust him completely- there wasn’t any other Howler that she could rely on more than Endymion. Without a doubt, they had trusted each other with their lives on more than one occasion. Lyra hadn’t forgotten all the times during the war they had fought back-to-back. The alpha knew she could trust Endymion with anything and she was sure that he wouldn’t think badly of her if she slipped up and accidentally revealed her vulnerability. Still, Lyra didn’t want anyone to know how weakened she had been from the fight, not even Endymion. Usually, she was very good at hiding how she was truly feeling, though it was becoming harder to suppress it. What is wrong with me? Ach, I have to pull myself together she thought frustratedly, wishing she didn’t feel so unsteady, Maybe the fresh air with clear my head
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:04 pm

Celeste

"Oh, well, she attacked first." Celeste pointed out. She wondered whether Lyra had lived or not, though it wasn't likely that the alpha hadn't survived. "Aww, thank you, darling. I knew I'd always be safe when I'm with you. Everyday with you is going to be perfect in some way no matter what." Her eyes twinkled merrily at his laugh, thinking it was the purest sound she'd ever heard. Celeste nodded, "I first learned about addresses in the human city. Theirs is slightly different than ours, but it was helpful."

She listened, her expression exactly like that of yesterday. Involuntarily, that attentive, quiet look always came on her face whenever Juniper was explaining something. "Interesting! I should have asked about that earlier when we were still in the village," she said thoughtfully. Celeste's memories of the Howler village were still relatively intact, but rather fuzzy due to the poison's effects. She could recall only a few of the symbols she saw. "What did you do for your rite of passage?"

Celeste's eyes sparkled fiercely as she smiled breathlessly, meeting Juniper's gaze with an amused look of her own. My goodness, I can't believe how wonderfully sweet he is! Seeing that fond look in his eyes is worth everything that happened. She snuggled warmly against Juniperas he held her closer and rested his chin on her head, feeling the blissful content that had spread over her when he'd told her he loved her. Then, both of them had been poisoned and bleeding their lives out. Now, it felt like she was in paradise - sitting with him on a beautiful day where both of them were well and safe. He's so precious. I'll never value anyone the way I love him. Celeste thought, lost in Juniper's cozy embrace.

She looked up at her older brother, conflicting feelings tugging at her chest. Arion was hostile, biting, and rude to the first guy she'd ever fallen in love with, but she knew he was only getting in their way like this because he really, genuinely, cared for her, not really because he was "asserting his dominance" of something dumb. But why can't he see?! What does Arion see that's so bad about Juniper? Part of her wanted to scream as she saw how heartbroken her poor puppy looked. "No, no, it's not your fault at all," Celeste reassured Juniper, "Thank you so much for coming, darling. I'll walk you outside," she said quickly, hoping to get just a little more time with him outside. She closed her eyes briefly as he kissed her forehead, gently wrapping her fingers around his wrists in a manner that clearly wanted him to stay forever. "Yeah. It'll be alright," she agreed quietly, standing up slowly with him. Luckily, Celeste didn't feel quite as wobbly as before.

Arion

Arion gave Juniper a smile so cold, it almost looked sadistic. "What were you expecting from me?" He retorted. Turning to Celeste, Arion stopped smiling as he looked at her. "Don't take too long." He turned sharply and walked upstairs, his fists automatically clenching as soon as they were out of sight. I really don't want that Howler hanging around her. He's proven to be nothing but trouble. Sure, they adore each other, but is that a good reason for them? ...Maybe I'm the one in the wrong. Perhaps I'm blind. Arion tiredly rubbed his temples, knowing he was too wearied out to make decisions that were any good. Ever since he'd left the Maonaigh mansion, he couldn't stop thinking about Basil. Will Celeste be taken from me too? It's easy to see why she'd choose Juniper over me.

He stumbled into his room and desperately dug around in his desk drawers, pulling out a small cracked plastic bottle of capsules. They were the only way he could ever get any sleep. Arion swallowed several of them dry before collapsing on his bed and passing out, the bottle still in his hand.

Endymion

"Are you still planning for everyone to hunt tonight as usual?" Endymion asked. He knew Lyra led the hunts even though he more than often preferred going on his own. His little sister, however, loved hunting with Lyra. He carried her smoothly as he walked to the stream. It really was a beautiful day, as if nature wanted to forget last night's events. Upon reaching the edge of the forest where the limpid stream cut a swift path through the grass, Endymion slowed down. He gently set Lyra down right at the riverbank, then turned and began to walk away to give her privacy.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:53 pm

Juniper

Juniper gave a quiet nod, not feeling like talking about the fight. The pack had been his only real home; he had grown up there and he had a fierce loyalty to Lyra and his packmates, until last night that is. Deep down, he had a sickening feeling that Lyra was right- he was a traitor to his pack. But, only because his loyalty to Celeste was greater than his loyalty to his packmates. Though Juniper knew that Lyra wouldn’t even listen to his reason behind his actions. If she’s still alive Juniper thought, his stomach twisting in unhappy knots. My stars what have I done? I killed a Howler pack leader. There’s no way Lyra could have lived. I can’t go back home now, even if I wanted to. Or worse, what if the pack comes after me for revenge? Juniper ran his hand through his hair, the worry apparent on his face. Though, as he looked back at Celeste’s cheerful smile, all his worries seemed to melt away.

“Absolutely! I know I’ll always be happy when I’m with you, bunny. I couldn’t ask for anything more.” Juniper smiled back at Celeste, adoring the way her eyes sparkled merrily. Every time he met her gaze, he felt as if his heart would shatter from pure joy. Celeste’s lovely blue eyes were the first thing that had captured his attention when they had first met back in the library. Even back then Juniper knew that he wanted to spend the rest of his life waking up to those vibrant eyes. Very gently, he gave Celeste one last affectionate embrace, careful not to accidentally hurt her. Juniper didn’t want to leave, but he knew Arion was just barely tolerating his presence.

As Celeste explained about how she learned about addresses fascinated Juniper. She’s been to the human city? He wondered, impressed. Juniper had always thought that Quell avoided the human city, but then again, he seemed to have many misconceptions about Quell. He gave a warm laugh as she asked what he did for his rite of passage. “It’s not a terribly impressive story, but I earned my symbol on my first scouting mission with a couple of my friends. I was trying for a symbol for navigation- and in my defense I did do an excellent job of pathfinding on our trip. But, I actually earned my symbol after I helped to fend off a pack of feral wolves that attacked us during our mission. And then I nursed one of the dumb beasts back to health.” He gave a warm laugh, his cheeks bright red, “So I was given a symbol that stands for a balance of strength and compassion for others. It looks sort of like a symmetrical, loopy flower inside of a square.” Juniper smiled at the memory of earning his symbol, his eyes sparkling merrily. It wasn’t the most exciting rite of passage, but his symbol did mean a lot to him- no to mention he, Gilly and Lyra had all earned their symbols on the fateful trip.

Juniper gave a nod as Celeste mentioned walking him outside. He was glad to spend a little more time with her, even if it was just a couple more minutes. He put his arm around her to help her up, worried about her wobbliness. “Thank you, bunny” Juniper murmured, noticing the way she grasped his wrist. I want to stay with you forever too, darling He didn't even cast a glance at Arion as he left, hurt by the red-haired Quell's bitterness. Juniper didn't have to try to please Arion- Celeste's opinion of him was the only thing that mattered.

Lyra

“Of course, the pack still has to eat.” Lyra nodded, her tone faintly apprehensive, “Though I doubt if I could lead the hunt.” The alpha would most likely have to ask someone to lead the hunt in her place. She hated feeling so useless like this, anger bubbling up in her chest at her own weakness. Lost in her own frustration, Lyra barely noticed the beautiful day. The sun was shining warmly, casting a lovely dabbled light through the forest, the sounds of birds in the trees and the sweet scent of summer flowers in full bloom filled the air with a cheerfulness that didn’t quite lift Lyra’s mood.

As Endymion set her down by the stream and began to walk away, Lyra desperately wanted to call him back. But, she held her tounge and let him walk away; there wasn’t really a tangible reason she could give for wanting him to stay with her. Lyra turned away from him and looked back at the crystal clear of the water of the stream. Scooting a bit closer to the water, she could just barely make out her pallid, worn-out looking reflection. Lyra put her hand to her throat, which still had dark purple bruises from where Celeste had attempted to choke her. What must my pack think of me? I was nearly killed by a pup and weaponless Quell. Just look at me, I’m pathetic She clenched her jaw in anger, determined not to let uncertainty poison her mind. Lyra was undoubtedly a strong, deadly warrior. Lyra had earned the position of Alpha by pushing herself harder than anyone else in the pack; she wasn’t going to let something like this stop her. Lyra dipped her hands in the clear stream, splashing some of the cool water on her face. After washing up as best as she could without wetting the bandages around her leg and drinking a few handfuls of the refreshing water, the alpha felt much better than she had the night before. Even her mood seemed to have improved a great deal.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:01 pm

Celeste

Celeste reached up and gently brushed Juniper's cheek, wondering about the troubled look on his face. She could only guess at exactly why he looked so - there was a lot poor Juniper had to worry about. She felt a little better as he smiled, fondly cupping her palm to his cheek. Celeste rubbed his back reassuringly as he gave her what felt like one last hug, wishing he could stay longer, or forever.

She gave a warm laugh after Juniper finished his story, clearly impressed. "Wow! That must have been an adventure worth a lifetime," she said, her eyes sparkling in admiration. "I especially like how you healed one of those feral wolves, and it played a part in earning you your symbol. That's definitely my Juniper." She said fondly, loving how happy he looked as he recounted the story. Someday, we can just sit happily and tell each other stories without a care in the world. I'll make it happen.

Celeste gently wrapped her arm around Juniper's shoulders, mindful of his wound. "Thank you, Juniper," she said gratefully, feeling quite secure with his support. She opened the door and sat down with him on the nearest porch swing. The veranda had plenty of room but was quite cozy, creating an intimate feeling for those who sat within. Some porch swings and comfortable chairs were artfully arranged on the wooden floorboards, along with some quaint little tables. Several potted plants sat on the rails, the biggest one no larger than a bonsai tree. The duplex had a nice view like the neighboring houses, but Celeste only had eyes for Juniper. She took his hands again, running her thumb over his knuckles. "I'm sorry about Arion's behavior, darling. He is very bitter, but he's always particularly nasty to guys who try to approach me. But I'll talk to him; I'm sure everything will be put right. I hope you weren't too disturbed." Celeste suddenly smiled, her face lighting up, "And, there's nothing wrong with your kisses, honestly. They're so sweet! I really like them," she blushed, her eyes twinkling in spite of herself.

Arion

*still passed out*

Endymion

"Of course," he acknowledged. The pack had plenty of food stored, but skipping a nocturnal hunt wasn't the best thing to do. Endymion was largely concerned with looking after his mother and little sister, who was a little bit of an oddity in the family. She was a hawk Howler barely in her teens who had yet to earn her rite of passage. He was sure she would be up to the challenge when it came, though. But as of right now, the dark haired Howler was most preoccupied with his alpha. He held a sort of devotion for her that was even more than loyalty for a leader or respect for a comrade - though of course Lyra had won those things from him a long time ago. Endymion wasn't quite sure what "love" was, so he simply dismissed his feelings as pure reverence (though they didn't quite fit into that word either).

He stopped near a tree some strides away, his back turned so Lyra could have her privacy. But simply having his back turned did not mean Endymion was blind to whatever was going on behind him. He was ready to move at less than a moment's notice, if some threat were to appear.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:45 am

Juniper

Juniper smiled softly and closed his eyes as Celeste gently caressed his cheek. Her caring touch always comforted him like nothing else could. All of his worries seemed to disappear whenever he was with Celeste. Everything will be okay if we’re together Juniper’s shoulders relaxed a bit as he opened his eyes and smiled fondly back at her. My stars, how is she so perfect? Her laugh is just too precious for this world! He thought, his cheerful, slightly mischievous grin returning. Juniper gave a warm laugh,” It was a pretty remarkable adventure! Or a disaster, depending on how you look at it” He chuckled fondly at the memory, “I carried that poor wolf on my back for miles- all the while he complained about everything under the sun. I have never met a more whiny wolf in my life,” He shook his head in disbelief, cracking his usual crooked grin,” I don’t know how many other Howlers who can claim to have earned their rite of passage the way I did.”. Without a doubt, a Howler’s rite of passage was one of the most important part of their teen years. Juniper could still remember the swell of happy pride in his chest he felt when he was given his symbol. Giving a warm laugh, he looked back at Celeste with a cheerful smile, “What about you, bunny? Do Quell have a rite of passage like Howlers do?” he asked, curious. Though, Juniper had a feeling a Quell’s rite of passage wouldn’t involve wrestling bears or scouting out foreign terrain like some Howlers’ coming of age stories did.

“You’re welcome, bunny” He smiled, still gently supporting Celeste. Juniper followed her out to the lovely veranda, taking everything in with an obvious fascination. He had never seen anything like the it before in his life, but he thought that it was beautiful. But, everything seemed to fade as he looked back at Celeste. He smiled softly at her with a fond look in his purple eyes“It’s alright darling,” He insisted, gently lacing his fingers through hers, “I don’t mind your brother, I’m sure it’s probably a bit difficult for him to get used to a guy like me.” A crooked grin crossed Juniper’s face, his eyes dancing with an uncontainable joy, “Really?” He nearly laughed, “Well, maybe I ought to do it more often! There’s nothing I like more than making you happy, darling.” Juniper wrapped his arms around her cozily, gently pressing a kiss to her forehead. He loved cuddling with Celeste; nothing else could give him the same warm, fuzzy feeling she did when she wrapped her arms around him.

Lyra

Lyra scooted a bit away from the stream once she finished washing up. She felt much better after collecting her thoughts, bur one thing still perplexed her. With all of her logical reasoning, the alpha still didn’t understand why Endymion was being so kind to her. Of course, Lyra was grateful for his loyalty and his strangely apathetic concern, but he didn’t have to do this for her. Endymion could have easily left her to die after the fight without a guilty conscience. But, he didn’t- in fact he had done more for her than a healer could. Glancing over her shoulder at the warrior, Lyra felt a strange tug at her chest. Why is he acting like this? Is he just being nice? Surely, he doesn’t have anything to gain by helping me. Somehow, she didn’t buy that Endymion was just helping her “for the good of the pack”. Though, maybe it wasn’t her place to question why he was acting just a bit strangely- Lyra wasn’t going to offend him by asking anyway.

“Endymion?” She called, dropping the polite “brother” before his name, though it was obvious that she held the deepest respect for him. “I’m finished, you can come back if you’d like. And thank you” Lyra said. She was thankful that he had given her a bit of privacy and time to collect herself. Lyra couldn't even begin to tell Endymion how much she appreciated his caring devotion unquestionable loyalty to her. When the warrior came back over, Lyra motioned for him to sit by her. "Do you have anything to do after this? I'd like to stay here a bit, if that's alright..?" She didn't want to stop Endymion from doing something just to look after her.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:44 pm

Celeste

Leaning comfortably against Juniper, Celeste couldn't help but smile up at him as he retold his memories. Aside from being interesting, there was just a certain charm in the way he told stories. It's because Howlers are such master storytellers, she remembered, her eyes twinkling. But his adorable grin makes it all even better. "That really sounds like quite an adventure! It must have been a hassle having to bear with a whiny wolf," she grinned. Obviously, Celeste couldn't talk to animals, so the idea of a complaining wolf amused her. It certainly didn't surprise her, though, as she used to view Howlers as talking animals. But now she could see that they were so much more than that, even ones like Lyra and perhaps Endymion.

She looked back up at Juniper, her thoughts fading at his question, "Oh, it's a sort of history-book subject now. We don't have strictly formal rites of passage anymore. But in ancient times, each young Quell had to undergo an intricate ordeal if they were to be respected as adults, to be formally recognized as part of the community. Both hair colors and personalities were key in deciding what each individual needed to accomplish. I think it showed how Quell are able to accept diversity better than humans can, honestly." It disgusted Celeste to hear how humans discriminated against skin color and sex, and assigned gender to colors. She continued, "There were a total of three trials - the challenge of the mind, the challenge of the body, and the challenge of the soul. The severity of these three challenges depended on the Quell taking on them." Celeste paused for a moment, "For example, a powerful Quell like Arion, or our captain, Hawthorne, would have very good chances of acing the challenge of the body. Therefore, the other two challenges would be longer or more difficult for that kind of Quell. Whereas, a brainy bookworm would have to start training if he or she wanted to overcome the challenge of the body." Celeste finished, smiling. "Of course, those kinds of rituals are things of the past. Ever since the Quell Guard was established, the ancient ordeals kind of faded into obsolescence. But I think the Howlers' rite of passage is incredible. I love hearing about these things from you, darling."

Celeste smiled faintly, closing her eyes as she leaned her head against Juniper's chest. "It's very nice of you to be so easygoing. If anything, Arion will warm up to you soon, I'm sure." Celeste knew that Arion still retained his view of Howlers being savage beasts. And she couldn't blame him. They had tortured him barely within an inch of his life, it wasn't hard to see why he still hated them and only tolerated the ones that came to training, or to his restaurant as customers. But Juniper was just an adorable fluffy puppy who meant no harm at all...surely Arion wouldn't hate him for long? Juniper's remark drew a bubbly giggle from Celeste, a faint blush still on her cheeks. "I wouldn't mind that at all! You're the sweetest guy ever, darling." She said sincerely, feeling blissfully comfortable in Juniper's arms. She loved it when he wrapped his arms around her like that; it felt heavenly. His hugs are like a big fluffy blanket on a cold night, Celeste thought, a tad drowsily, as she gently ran her fingers through his hair. The afternoon was just warm enough to create a slow, peaceful atmosphere. Coupled with Juniper's cozy hugs, she felt like she never wanted to get up.

Endymion

Endymion turned as Lyra called for him, coming back to her in a few strides. For some inexplicable reason, he found it strangely enjoyable when Lyra called him just by his name, even though the titles of "brother", "sister,", etc. had been used for as long as they could remember. "You're welcome. I hope you don't feel as feverish as before." He sat down by her side, watching the stream for a little. Right now, alone with Lyra, Endymion seemed a lot different than he usually was even though he wasn't doing anything - there was a sort of unspoken intimacy that he shared with her that no one else had with him. Or maybe it was because he wasn't wearing his signature black cloak. He turned his gaze back on Lyra, "No, I don't believe so. But perhaps it would be the best for me to stay, if you'd like?" Endymion sincerely enjoyed Lyra's company; she was one of the few Howlers time could be well spent with to him.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:44 pm

Juniper

"It was!" Juniper laughed warmly, his eyes dancing with pure joy, "But, I've handled worse than a whiny wolf. Our whole scouting trip was pretty much a disaster, even despite of the wolf. But, it was all worth it in the end." He said cheerfully. The memory of his rite of passage was one that'd he'd always cherish; even if it hadn't been the smoothest journey he had ever taken. Even when he was a young teen, Juniper was definitely the kind of guy who could make the best of pretty much any situation.

Fascinated, Juniper carefully listened as Celeste explained the ancient Quell's rite of passage. "Whoa... that's amazing!. So, each if the three trials were a bit different for every Quell?" He said, impressed."That's sort of like a Howler's rite of passage in a way. Each of us have to prove ourselves in something that really makes us stand out from everyone else- like bravery or strength of will or even a special skill that helps the pack. But, we don't have a formal trials like the old Quell did." He chuckled warmly, " I'm glad you don't still have those rites of passages anymore though. I'd much rather fight a pack of wolves than have to go through something like that. I'd be afraid of failing pretty much all of those challenges" His eyes sparkled merrily as he smiled back at Celeste.

Learning more about Quell culture and history always fascinated him, especially when Celeste explained it to him. Juniper genuinely loved learning about all sorts of subjects, but he had become enamored with Quell culture ever since the war had ended. There were few books on Quell in the Howler village that he could get his hands on. Even them, most books written by Howlers always told of Quell as being next to cruel, unholy monsters or about as worthless as the ground they lived in. (Though Juniper wasn't going to tell this to Celeste. He cherished her more than life itself.) Most of the historical books were written in ancient times when Quell had used captured Howlers as mere serfs to do their dirty work or even worse- fancy pets. It was understandable why Howlers had many misconceptions about Quell. Though, maybe now that the war was over and the two races were becoming more accepting of each other, Juniper hoped that these silly misconceptions would eventually be straightened out.

Juniper smiled softy to himself and closed his eyes, loving Celeste's soft, comforting warmth on his chest. He loved feeling her soft embrace as he held her. There was no other feeling in the world that could compare to the cozy feeling she always gave him. She's more cuddly than a fluffy bunny. He thought, his heart feeling as if it would melt. Juniper gave a cheerful nod in agreement, feeling to lighthearted to worry about Arion. "It's nothing really, bunny." He assured her, "Don't worry, darling, I'm sure he'll come around eventually." He gave a warm laugh, adding in a playfully teasing tone " If he doesn't, I'll be forced to use my secret weapon. No one can resist my sad puppy eyes." Juniper grinned crookedly, feeling happier than he had in a long time. He had been happy with his old life in the Howler village, but sitting here with Celeste was absolutely blissful. As Celeste ran her fingers through his hair, Juniper felt himself relax and his eyes close contentedly. There was nothing he loved more than having his head rubbed. How did I get so lucky to have someone as lovely as Celeste...? He wondered drowsily. Juniper gladly would spend forever with Celeste just like this.

Lyra

" I do feel much better," Lyra nodded, finding herself smiling a bit at the stream," It's much nicer out here, isn't it?" Strangely, she didn't feel the need to be quite as formal with Endymion as she did the other members of the pack. Their shared bond was strange, yet close and personal- it was somehow not the familial bond that packmates shared and it wasn't exactly a romantic relationship either. Lyra wasn't sure exactly sure how to explain how she felt about Endymion. Without a doubt, she knew that she enjoyed Endymion's presence and she was thankful for his companionship, but "love" wasn't exactly the first word that came to mind when she thought about him. Then again, Lyra wasn't a touchy-feely person and she rarely even thought about such things as love or endearment.

Still, Lyra was glad for Endymion's company as they sat peacefully by the bubbling stream. The intimacy they shared was calming in a way. With the warmth on her bare shoulders, the scent of flowers in the summer air, and the cool breeze blowing through the trees, Lyra felt strangely content. "Of course i'd like you to stay," She nodded, "If you didn't have anything planned of course. It's a lovley day out and everything"
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Tue May 01, 2018 2:12 pm

Celeste

"That sounds like quite a way to earn your rite of passage! But how was it a disaster, then?" Celeste wondered. The way Juniper recounted the trip made it sound like quite an event. He definitely could brighten any situation with his irrepressible optimism; she had already seen an excellent example of that.

"Yes! Both our races know better than to rely on standardized tests like the humans do," she said, a slight disdainful note in her voice. "Since Quell and Howlers are accepting of diversity, I hope someday we will learn to accept and value each other. Quell don't discriminate against hair colors, and I'm sure you Howlers don't do the same with different types of animal species within your pack, do you?" She asked. "I love the uniqueness in your rites of passage, though! The whole symbol system is fascinating. What happens if a Howler puts off their rite of passage for too long? Can they even do that?" Celeste chuckled warmly at Juniper's comment, "You're right! Those old trials weren't bad things, but honestly they were slightly barbaric. Those who failed would have to run a gauntlet half a mile long. Usually after that, they'd be more dead than alive. Though, there are very few historically documented cases of that happening. The young Quell back then had wills of steel, and I'd say we still prove to do so." Celeste smiled back at Juniper.

Despite the bitter encounter in the village last night, her appreciation of the Howler race and their way of life had only been magnified, primarily by Juniper. Who knew they had such an incredibly rich culture? Everything she'd heard about them so far had only increased her interest. Sure, Howlers had been responsible for terrible things, like torturing prisoners and terrorizing Quell who ventured above ground, though those things happened many years ago. Quell had been just as bad during the war and perhaps even earlier - they had enslaved Howlers for both labor and entertainment. But after all the fighting, peace had finally been achieved, and Celeste was sure it was finally time for the two races to reconcile.

She fondly caressed Juniper's hair some more, loving its soft feeling and the way he closed his eyes, looking so content. Nothing made her happier to see him so blissful. Celeste giggled lightheartedly, her eyes sparkling in amusement, "Why of course! Your puppy eyes are the most adorable thing I've ever seen in my whole life. Nothing can get much cuter than my furry hyena puppy." Through the cheerful joking, however, Celeste was sure Arion would warm up to Juniper. Who couldn't? Very few things could win her stony-hearted brother over, but Celeste was confident Juniper had a very good chance of doing so. It seemed like small and fluffy was the way to go - after all Arion had fallen head over heels for Basil, who was as cute as a chipmunk.

Endymion

"It is more refreshing out here than in the healer's hut, if that is what you're trying to say." Although Endymion never meant any disrespect to Benjamin the healer, being in the cool, fresh forest appealed greatly to him even if he wasn't exactly a sunshine person. A faint smile tugged at his lips, the kind of sincere smile only Lyra or his sister could draw from him. Of course, the entire pack was one big family, but he regarded the bond between the alpha and himself to be even closer than familial. For a while now, Endymion had questioned what his feelings towards Lyra exactly were, but it was clear that he cared deeply about her, through unspoken acts. Maybe he'd just keep it that way.

"Alright," he said stolidly. "Then I'll stay." Endymion felt more relaxed than he had in a long time. Just the peace of this brief moment and of course Lyra's presence made him feel perfectly content and clearheaded. He loved the comfortableness of the silence between them, the birdsong and rustling of the tree branches far above becoming even more muted and gentle. Perhaps it was because since the two Howlers were so accustomed to communicating without words during the war, that whatever silence they shared no longer felt empty or awkward. They had once stood back to back in a battle at this same stream, both of them wounded, weary, and taking care not to be swept away by the stream's raging current swollen with dead bodies. Now something as simple as sitting peacefully at that same riverbank with Lyra felt so different, but in a pleasant way.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me