Faults and Victories [Consulting_Angel X G.L'S]

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Faults and Victories [Consulting_Angel X G.L'S]

Postby G.L'S » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:12 pm

The A Circuit isn't for the Faint of Heart

The ascent to the top takes drive and precision. Only those willing to give 100% will get there astride the best steeds. Sometimes though, things change and challenges arise. Only the greatest truly rise above in adversity. Maybe that will be someone true.

Last edited by G.L'S on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

╔═════════════╗

We Played Hide and

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sage | They | Bae
Sup y'all. I'm just a person
stumbling through life and
trying to adult as best I can.
Feel free to say hello.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WMEs-DAMs-Chrys-GSAs-SMWs-Thread

╚═════════════╝
G.L'S

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

My Characters

Postby G.L'S » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:12 pm

Name;; Reid McHannon
Age;; 19
Sex;; male
Gender;; cis
Sexual Orientation;; gay
Appearance;; 5'10", gaelic knot tattoo on left upper arm.
Personality;; Reid is the laid-back jokester-type who always looks like he's got it together. He tends to appear cocky and generally flippant to some but he really does care a lot about what is important to him. Because of the way he is, he'd much rather smile through the pain than draw any attention to himself that isn't positive. Despite being the life of the party, he's often spending his time by himself reading, daydreaming, or training and caring for his horses.
History;; Reid grew up as the youngest of 5 boys in an inner-city neighbourhood. With only his mom around, they boys had to step up a bit and be independent. Their only solace came when visiting their grandparents on their farm in the summertime and tending to their animals. Being the more impressionable one, his mother wanted to make sure he didn't end up getting into trouble and sent him out to live with his grandparents at fourteen when they began to ail. He ran the farm and began to ride constantly when he moved out there.

Show Name;; Right in Flight
Barn Name;; Fae
Sex;; female
Breed;; Dutch Warmblood
Age;; 8 years
Height;; 16.1hh
Training;; Eventing
Personality;; The apple of Reid's eye...and everyone else's. The mare is a socialite, loving to visit people and other horses. She often tends to manipulate the coos for scratches, treats, and sweet tones. She's lively and sometimes this can be a bit challenging in the ring, but their best is all that matters in the long run.
Last edited by G.L'S on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

╔═════════════╗

We Played Hide and

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sage | They | Bae
Feel free to say hello.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

╚═════════════╝
G.L'S

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Faults and Victories [Consulting_Angel X G.L'S]

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:09 pm

Full Name: Logan Sage.
Nickname: Logan.
Sexuality: Bisexual (male preference).
Nationality: Half-Brazilian, half-English (British).
Appearance: Logan has short, black hair, and dark brown eyes. He stands at 5' 10'', and he has an athletic build. He has a scar on his left forearm, and a dark birthmark just behind his right ear.

Personality: Quiet, and somewhat cold towards other people. He doesn't like to talk about himself all that much, and is definitely a closed-off, secretive person. He can get irritated fairly easily, but he doesn't shout - especially if around horses. He seems to not particularly care much about other people. Logan does not take criticism well, even if it is light/friendly, and it will always go to heart, as he is definitely something of a perfectionist. There is, however, a far gentler side to Logan, which is only shown if he is alone and around horses. Only those that are patient enough will see his kinder side that he has deep down.

Discipline: Dressage.
Horses: Jetstar & Jupiter.
Bio: He grew up around horses, his father owning a ranch and having several horses of his own. He started learning how to ride at the age of 5, and then how to properly care for the horses at the age of 9. His father bought him Jetstar when Logan was 10. However, his father died around five years ago from brain cancer, and his mother made the decision to sell the ranch and horses - with the exception of Jetstar - and then they moved to another place, which had a couple of decent paddocks and stable, etc. for Jetstar. Around six months after this, his mother bought him Jupiter. He has owned Jetstar for 8 years, and Jupiter for 4 years.
Other: He's allergic to stinging nettles, and is a vegetarian. He is also secretly terrified of jumping.

Stable Name: Jetstar.
Show Name: Midnight Elegance.
Breed: Friesian.
Height: 16.3hh.
Discipline: Dressage.

Personality: Although she can get easily moody - especially when she does not get her way - she has grown rather attached to her owner, Logan. She dislikes other people coming too close to her, unless they have a never-ending supply of treats - which she isn't really allowed to have anyway. When she's in a good mood, though, she is a sweet, hardworking mare that is willing to impress absolutely anyone who looks her way, regardless of whether they are human, horse, male or female. She loves to perform for a crowd. She does not like being given affection, though, unless she demands it by pushing her head against Logan.

Other: N/A.

Stable Name: Jupiter.
Show Name: Jupiter Rising.
Breed: Anglo-Arabian.
Height: 15.3hh.
Discipline: Dressage. Has the potential to become an Eventer.

Personality: While he can be a little unpredictable and headstrong, Jupiter is a dedicated stallion that puts in the effort (almost) every time. He has quite a bit of energy, but is able to rein it in while being trained in Dressage - though he does have occasional bursts of being somewhat naughty, to let out some of this pent-up energy, and would probably benefit from training in something other than flat work. He loves affection from anyone, but he doesn't like to be hand-fed treats, though he does like to give 'kisses'. He might be a bit wary around new, strange horses and people, but will warm up to them faster if he sees that Logan seems okay around them.

Other: N/A.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G.L'S » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:55 pm

- R e i d -

Today was the day. Today was the first rounds of qualifiers for the season.
      Thank goodness gran and gramps bought a trailer that he could use now hooked up to his truck. In the back, Fae didn't make a sound as she happily munched on her hay net until he came to get her.
      Being there early in the morning had it's perks. First of all, he had front row parking for his trailer and the ring to himself for the next little while. They'd been training indoors with the late snow this year so he wanted to be sure she was well limbered up and ready for the stress of today. But before they could do any of that, he backed her out of their trailer and decided to go for a walk.

((Sorry for taking so long with this! Midterms are killing me rn...

╔═════════════╗

We Played Hide and

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sage | They | Bae
Feel free to say hello.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

╚═════════════╝
G.L'S

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:42 pm

Logan was still sat in the driver's seat of his truck for around another fifteen minutes after he parked up. He was not the only one here, apparently, which surprised him. He would never admit it either, but he was a little nervous, hence his early start. He wanted to get some practice in before the qualifiers started, and the rest of his potential competition turned up.
Eventually, he did leave his truck, and went to get both of his horses from the trailer, tying one of them (Jetstar) outside of the trailer while he unlocked and opened the partition that separated the two horses, and got Jupiter out as well. Another reason to be early - to get enough time for last-minute practice for the both of them. He'd also arranged to hire out a couple of stalls of the temporary stabling, so that he didn't have to leave one horse in the trailer while he rode the other. That, he supposed, was where he would be heading to start with. One leadrope in each hand, Logan started walking.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G.L'S » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:55 pm

- R e i d -

Halfway around the grounds, Reid noticed he wasn't by himself anymore. Fae pricked her ears and gave a welcoming whicker across the flatlands to the other two horses in tow by another guy. Since his mare likely attracted the others' attention, he gave a smart wave and kept moving - to be polite. Mama didn't raise a snob.
      Once they'd made one round, he tied Fae against the trailer and began giving her a nice groom. Watching the mare happily relax made him content to go about his work even when it came to tacking up. He had to be fast if he wanted the warm-up ring to himself for at least five minutes. Grabbing a lunge line, he grabbed her again and walked her over towards the small enclosure, thanking himself as he did once he saw the other competitors start to arrive.

╔═════════════╗

We Played Hide and

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sage | They | Bae
Feel free to say hello.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

╚═════════════╝
G.L'S

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:12 pm

As he walked, he soon heard the whicker of another horse, and Logan glanced over to see that another competitor was just a short distance away. He raised a hand slightly, out of politeness, and both of his horses also snorted in greeting, with Jetstar tossing her mane as well, to which Logan sighed at, because she'd already messed it up. Oh well.
He got to the temporary stabling, and was guided by a showground hand as to the two stalls that he'd be allowed to keep his horses in for the day. He backed each horse into their respective stalls, then Logan set off back to his trailer, to get his grooming kit and the tack for Jupiter - since it would be the lower classes first - and enlisted the help of the showground hand to go with him, so he wasn't making too many trips back and forth. He noticed that there were more competitors starting to arrive, so he was fairly quick with grooming Jupiter - who was quite clean anyway, as he groomed the horses before setting off - and tacking him up. Taking hold of his reins, Logan set off again, but first gave Jetstar a hug, telling her that he'd be back soon to see to her, and he set off towards the warm-up ring.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G.L'S » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:41 am

- R e i d -

Fae had her paces around the ring for a little while before some impatient kid with a jittery thoroughbred accused him of hogging the warm-up ring. Feeling the mare was ready anyway, he caught her again and left to return to his trailer. The preliminary rounds for dressage would be first today and he had to make sure his bay mare was buffed to a high shine.
      Back at the trailer, he put on her show sheen and got their tack and clothes ready. His numbers sat on his little pop-up table and the register had him on fourth, so he knew they had to be ready soon. Giving his mare a little massage first, he put on her saddle and bridle before changing his shirt and getting his jacket on.

╔═════════════╗

We Played Hide and

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sage | They | Bae
Feel free to say hello.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

╚═════════════╝
G.L'S

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:02 am

It was just his luck that he'd have to be sharing the warm-up ring with a couple of other riders. Logan sighed, and gritted his teeth, accepting that he was just going to have to do that. He spotted the rider and the mare from earlier walking away from the warm-up ring as well, but didn't pay him so much mind.
After he'd spent a bit of time warming up Jupiter, Logan decided that it would be best to just give himself - and Jupiter - a brief tidy up, then he'd go straight down to the show area, and get ready. He would be competing third with Jupiter, and then later at a higher class with Jetstar. Admittedly, he was a bit nervous, because it had been a while since he'd competed with Jupiter, but he was looking forward to it.
He put on his show jacket, ensured that Jupiter looked pristine, and then made his way over, so that he could also get a chance to check out his competition.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G.L'S » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:48 am

- R e i d -

Perhaps it was down to him fussing too much that he blew out all his time that he could have spent scoping out his competition. When he heard he was on-deck, he swung into the saddle and walked the warmblood around. When he stopped, he had an excellent view of the ring, which also included the guy from earlier on the chestnut from this morning.

╔═════════════╗

We Played Hide and

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sage | They | Bae
Feel free to say hello.