under the northern lights | a wolf roleplay | accepting

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

under the northern lights | a wolf roleplay | accepting

Postby tyjodunseph » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:47 pm

WIP

discussion thread & forms

PLEASE DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD

Last edited by tyjodunseph on Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.
tyjodunseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

plot

Postby tyjodunseph » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:51 pm

After years of the packs living in peace, the time has abruptly come to an end. A sudden wildfire raged through both Sundown Pack as well as Brokenridge packs territories. The engulfing flames showed no mercy for anyone nor anything. Quickly eating up the high towering conifer trees and beautiful landscape. Prey scattered, running for their lives or taken down with the flames. There was little to no warning for the wolves to escape the horrific embers. At the rate it was spreading, it was on them almost as soon as it was smelled. The pack's scattered, yelping in terror, trying to look after their loved ones; hoping they'd all survive. It's been almost a week since the fire started, and it's just now finally come to an end. The wolves are growing hungry, no prey in sight. Now that the fire has stopped, it's time to try and find their packs. With heavy smoke and burning lungs, they search and search to hopefully find their packmates alive. Tensions are high, and many lives have been lost.

Battles will break loose as the packs fight for prey, pack members, and territory. They're even resorting to capturing the oppositions packmates and keeping them prisoner. But when will enough be enough?

Though a war will break out, they will have to learn to come together as the realization that they need to find a new home sets in. Will they be able to set aside their differences in order to survive?
Last edited by tyjodunseph on Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:15 pm, edited 7 times in total.
tyjodunseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules

Postby tyjodunseph » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:54 pm

The Roleplay Rules

1. All CS rules apply, RP forum rules, etc.

2. Only talk out of character on the discussion and form thread

3. No being your own mate or crush

4. Only reserve beta if you can be active at least once every 3 days preferably

5. No major events, side plots, killing off characters without informing me first please

6. You may kill off your own characters, but please also pass that by me first.

7. No super powers/wings/etc. realistic characters only please (:

8. Please reply with at least 5 sentences

9. Must be active at least on the discussion thread preferably once a week. If you won't be able to post for a certain period of time please let me know and I can inform everyone as to not hold up the roleplay. If you don't post for 10 days and no response to my pm's your character will be removed. You can rejoin at any time when you're back as long as you let me know/may have to repost forms

10. Last but not least, everyone please be kind and have fun!

The Pack Rules

Quick side note, I want a lot of this roleplay to be chosen as a group, so pack rules can change as well as the pack positions and traditions, etc. Each pack can have different rules, etc. We can discuss this more once we get more characters joined (:

1. Alpha's word is law

2. Protect your pack at the cost of your life

3. Always respect higher ranked wolves

4. Mating outside of the pack is forbidden

5. Mothers, elders and pups eat first. Then Alpha, beta, fighters/hunters. Omegas always eat last

6. Check borders for threats at least once a day

7. For a lone wolf to join the pack, they must battle ____ to show they are worthy

8. Always help any pup, no matter where they came from

9. If it's found that a healer has a mate, they will be exiled

10. Disobedience of the pack laws result in punishment

Last edited by tyjodunseph on Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:09 pm, edited 8 times in total.
tyjodunseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tyjodunseph » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:57 pm

The packs are located in the Boreal Forest of Northern to central Alaska, where the northern lights are easily seen September through April.

Their territories are turned to burned wood and ash after the devastating fire.

**will update territory more specifically**
Last edited by tyjodunseph on Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
tyjodunseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ranks

Postby tyjodunseph » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:59 pm

Alphas: the alpha male leads the pack along with his mate, the alpha female or vice versa. They will lead the pack until their deaths or choose to retire. If one alpha dies, the other can choose to continue leading the pack alone or choose another mate. They may also step down from their position. When the alpha's die or retire, their heir or the Beta will then become Alpha.

Heir: the heir is the pup of the Alphas choice, who will lead the pack after them. This would be their offspring. The heir would be trained as a fighter as well as taught the ways of leading the pack.

Beta: the beta is second in command to the alphas. They will take on tasks, such as passing on messages, assigning mentors to the apprentices, etc. If an heir is not chosen at the time of the alphas death or retirement, the beta then becomes alpha. If an heir is chosen but not finished with their training, the beta steps in as a temporary alpha.

Healer: the healer is a very respected wolf. They are responsible for caring for the pack when wounded or sick. They can also interpret signs from the elements and the moon of any warnings for the pack. Healers can not have mates. If they do, they will be exiled.

Protectors: the majority of the pack. They hunt for the pack, fight, and patrol the territory. They take on apprentices to train them on how to protect and feed the camp. They instill the knowledge and skills into their apprentices that will be passed down to each generation in order for the pack to survive.

Appentices: once a pup turns 6 months old they become an apprentice. They are given a protector as their mentor to train them on how to be a proper protector. They can also be given the healer as their mentor depending on the route for them. When they've proven themselves worthy they will then progress to their higher rank. This is not possible until they are at least one year old.

Pups: pups are less than 6 months old and are kept inside of the camp for their protection.

Elders: wolves who have left their rank due to old age or injuries. They are highly respected and treated with kindness. They are not expected to hunt, patrol or fight.

Omegas: the weakest in the pack and the lowest ranking. Omegas eat last and aren't treated with much respect. Mainly treated as a scapegoat for the pack members to let their aggression out on. Often fought and picked on. Omegas are not encouraged to have mates and reproduce, but they can. Their pups would remain omegas, very slim chance they'd achieve a higher rank.

Last edited by tyjodunseph on Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.
tyjodunseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the packs

Postby tyjodunseph » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:00 pm

Alphas
    cobalt | ♂ | 5.5 years | tyjodunseph

Heir
    n/a

Beta(s)
    Kazimir | ♂ | 5.5 years | lykos brethren
    open/ n/a

Healer
    open

Lead Protectors
    open
    open

Protectors
    juneau | ♀ | 3 years | tyjodunseph
    name | ♂ | age | tyjodunseph
    astrid | ♀ | 3 years | lykos brethren
    open
    open
    open
    open
    open

Apprentices
    open
    open
    open
    open
    open
    open

Pups
    open
    open
    open
    open
    open
    open

Elders
    open
    open
    open

Omegas
    cinna | ♀ | 2 years | tyjodunseph
    open
    open
    open
    open
    open

The Brokenridge Pack

Alphas
    open
    open

Heir
    n/a

Beta(s)
    open

Healer
    open

Lead Protectors

open
    open

Protectors

open
    open
    open
    open
    open
    open

Apprentices:
    open
    open
    open
    open
    open
    open

Pups:
    open
    open
    open
    open

Elders

open
    open
    open
    open

Omegas
    open
    open
    open
    open
    open

Loners
Last edited by tyjodunseph on Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:54 pm, edited 9 times in total.
tyjodunseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

relationships

Postby tyjodunseph » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:02 pm

Key:
One-way crush →
Mutual crush (unknown) →←
Mutual crush (known) ↔
Mates ♥
Forbidden Mates /♥\
Parent ⇌ Parent ⤷ Kits
Siblings ✧
name deceased

wip relos
Last edited by tyjodunseph on Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
tyjodunseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: wolf rp wip name not chosen

Postby tyjodunseph » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:04 pm

Summer

Smokey and hot
Last edited by tyjodunseph on Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
tyjodunseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: wolf rp wip name not chosen

Postby tyjodunseph » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:05 pm

A devastating fire blew through Sundown and Brokenridge packs territory about one week ago.

The wolves are scattered and hungry, not being able to find prey.

They're extremely thirsty due to water being tainted by ash and debris.

Last edited by tyjodunseph on Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
tyjodunseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

status

Postby tyjodunseph » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:05 pm

Currently

C L O S E D