Shining Sun and Moonless Night Herds

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

Re: Shining Sun and Moonless Night Herds

Postby Drogon <3 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:17 am

i must apologize for no sending a reply. i have not been doing well mentally and been distracted but i will get one up soon. hopefully.)
Drogon <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of flames » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:03 am

Vanille | Shining Sun | mare | foal: Alpine | tags: Juliet

~~ don't know what to post for her...

Alpine | Shining Sun | male foal | tags: Juliet

~~ same with him...

Caramello | Shining Sun | mare | foal: Thunder | tags: Skylar, Zesiro

~~ She looked at the new mare and then shook her head from side to side "...fine then...I hope you do get over with that harsh behavior" she said. She flicked her tail as she turned to walk away to the new mare.

Thunder | Shining Sun |female foal | tags: Juliet, Zesiro

~~ She shook her head rather annoyed "Fine fine, answer whenever you have the time or interest" she said sighing. She looked at Juliet and then at her mother standing almost behind her "Now what? What do we do now then? Are we just going to wait for the night to come?" she asked her rather curiously.

Coconut | Shining Sun | mare | tags: Romeo, others

~~
She nosed him as well, for a moment, before shaking her mane a little bit. She looked up to the mares and the foals there, she did see Skylar leaving the herd earlier too, but didn't say anything to Romeo. She thought about how large the herd was beginning to be, it meant a lot of stress to the band stallion.

___

Chocolat | Bachelor | Stallion | tags: Serena, Blaze, Dreamer, Silvia, Winter

~~ He looked at the gelding rather annoyed for a moment "Yes that's what I meant, you seem to know more about them than a horse could even get to understand them...or are you a half-human-horse hybrid, where you can speak to humans the way you speak to us horses?" he asked them. He shook his head "I don't mind sticking around you or you stick around me, at least I don't need to impress anyone in here, or protect you for bachelor...or for anyone..." he said.

Bluebell | loner | mare | tags: Marine, Flotsam

~~ (I don't know what to post for her actually)

Majesty Beauty "Bea" | mare | loner | Tags: Atlantic

~~ She gave one last look to the three horses down the hill, moving forward. She shook her tail a little bit as she turned to look at the stallion in front of her and started to move after him. She had not been wild for that long yet, so going to the mountains was pretty much a new thing to her "So are you being there before? Mountains I mean?" she asked the stallion.

Wildfire "Blaze" | gelding | loner | Tags: Dreamer, Chocolat, Serena, Silvia, Winter

~~ He looked at the fixed mare, he didn't really understand the point why could the humans do that for a mare and then let it go wild? For stallions, he kind of understood why though. Of course, he didn't know if something happened to the mare in the past that's why she needed to be fixed. He decided not to ask about it either and hoped that any of the others would point it out as he felt that it could be something the mare could not want to talk about. He shook his head "Well I don't personally mind if we travel together or not, but I could not say us a herd, we're just horses walking together nothing less" he said.

Mystic "Dreamer" | gelding | loner | Tags:, Blaze, chocolat, Serena, Silvia, Winter

~~ He shook his head a little bit, his ears perking toward the others as they were speaking "I don't mind either, but this is not head as there are no leaders, or at least I am not interested in the job..." he said flicking his tail. He looked at Winter speaking to the stallion "I think he meant how you understand how they live and said, I am being with humans too, but I can't understand their language, I only can sense their emotions, are they calm, scared or something else...but their language is...kind of annoying" he said to the gelding.

Secret Serenade "Serena" | fixed mare | loner | Tags: Dreamer, Blaze, Chocolat, Silvia, Winter

~~ She looked elsewhere "I am not so sure if I wanted to join an original herd, as I am not like a gelding, a former stallion, who can still protect the mare and foals, but as a fixed mare, I feel like I could only be a burden to them and likely the mares could see me as an inferior because I can't give the herd what it really needs," she said with a sight.

___

Coral | Nightless Night | mare | foal: Tiramisu, Stardust (adoptive) | tags: herd, Deekia

~~ She took a mouthful to the grass near the water, her eyes looked after the Snowfall and the new mare there. She eyed another mare on there as well, keeping her distance. Shaking her head a little bit she approved the loner to the side "Hello there, have you been there for long? Who are you?" she started to question the rather shy-looking mare.

Stardust | Nightless Night |colt | tags: herd, open

~~ He looked at the conversations between the Snowfall and Feline for a moment, then he also took a look at the other conversations between the two strangers and the herd geldings. Flicking his ears he turned to look after his adoptive mother, when she suddenly started to walk away, and that's when he also noticed the mare there 'another mare? Why could the stallions even ned to fight, when the mares just keep coming' he thought to himself as he kept eating.

Tiramisu | Nightless Night | filly | tags: Ettore, others

~~ She shook her head a little bit "But in winter times the herds stick together as one large group? my mother once told me? of course the stallion only protects his mares and likely does not even try to steal from other herds...that big group gets separated at the end of the winter before the chaos of the year starts again..." she said to them.

Snowrunner | Nightless Night| Gelding | tags: Risk, Jetsam, the herd

~~ They flicked their tail "I thought the band stallion is only the protector and father to the foals, the lead mare is the one who decides if the herd moves or not, the stallion only follows whenever the mares go at" they said.

Albino | Nightless Night| mare | tags: Risk, Jetsam, the herd

~~
She sighed "Well that's why we could move somewhere with more trees, as trees mean leaves and usually there is more grass in forests... " she said. She then shook her head a little bit "Anyway that's the herd's decision to make, and the winter is not there yet, we still have some time left to enjoy the green grass" she said.

Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:54 am

[Drogon: oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear that.
Please take your time.]

Atlantic- stallion- 20 y- Mustang- loner still technically- bi- Bea is now his mare- Marine (daughter), wants more- sixteen hand high blue roan with blue eyes- Tags: Bea

The blue roan stallion watched the other stallion, with the two mares. He nodded his head up and down a couple times, seemingly to himself. He then nodded as he looked to the mare. "I've only been up there once, but I was a much younger horse back then. A young mountain lion came after me...but I gave a few swift kicks in his direction. He decided it wasn't worth the risk, and ran off."

Marine- mare- 10 y- Mustang Kiger Mustang Morab- pan- Flotsam- pregnant with Ocean (May due date)- traveling with her dad right now- fifteen point one hand high lighter blue roan with blue eyes and white socks- Tags: Bluebell, Flotsam/ Atlantic, Bea

The lighter blue roan mare -shoot, I didn't meant to delete this...-

Winter Nights; Winter- gelding- 10 y- APH Appy- loner- Demi; Blaze one day- SO open once bonded- might adopt- white with black spots, black ears, one blue and one brown eye, pink muzzle and hooves, hooves have stripes and muzzle has dotting- Tags: Silvia, Chocolat and others

The gelding rolled his eyes and said "It really isn't that hard to understand some things they say. Why are you getting annoyed with me anyway?" He turned away with a snort, and looked at the others. He nodded as he looked at Blaze, saying "Yeah, it'll be nice having a group." He sighed as he nodded to Dreamer, saying "I know we can't understand everything...We can understand some things they say. Such as, we are horses, or you two and I are geldings, or Serena and Silvia are fixed mares. Words like those we can understand. They're language is...annoying I guess, especially the kids...The young kids are so loud and wild, I didn't like that."

A Silver Tree/ Silvia- fixed mare- 14 y- Quarter pony- loner- demi; open to bond- SO open once bonded- had a foal or two- 13 or 14 hand high silver bay with black eye skin and hooves and blue eyes- Tags: Winter, Chocolat and others

The mare let out a breath, shaking her head at the stallion and gelding. "Stop arguing...you don't need to be annoyed over talking." She then nodded and said "Okay...I think I'll stick around you then." He was right, he didn't need to impress or defend her since she was fixed anyway. Noticing Blaze looking at her, she said "They fixed me since we were at a barn. There was a stallion there they didn't want going wild over all the mares...So they fixed a bunch of the mares. They only wanted to breed certain ones to that stallion they had."

Jaden- mare- 6 y- Mustang cross- loner for now- Demi- Elias could become her crush- no stallion yet- pregnant with Juni (June due date)- traveling with friend Joro- fifteen hand high black with brown eyes and white coronets, gray looking hooves- Tags: Joro/Elias

The darkly colored mare said "Its fine, its fine...I don't know why he asked that...Well, I can guess its because its just sexuality, he wasn't asking if you've ever been in love. Though..you've just now made it sound like you have. Okay...we won't ask you anymore questions. You can just ask all the questions, if you...have anymore to ask." She assumed Elias would have more questions for them, hopefully, as she didn't like long silences.

Joro- gelding- 4 y- Japanese Sport horse cross- loner for now- Homoromantic, poly open (if he ends up with Elias)- Elias- SO open- Offspring: will adopt Jemini- traveling with friend Jaden- fifteen hand high black with star and snip, brown eyes- Tags: Jaden/Elias

The cute and pretty darkly colored gelding looked down at the ground. The other had sort of answered, though Joro wasn't sure why he'd spoke of love. He'd asked about sexuality, not romance. Shaking his head, he sighed and said "Sorry...I didn't mean to upset you." He put his ears back, flicking his tail back and forth a couple times. He finally lifted his head again, nodding to what Jaden said to Elias.

Romeo- stallion- 18 y- Mustang TB- leader of Shining Sun- Heterosexual- mares: Juliet, Coconut, Vanille, Caramello, Zesiro- foals: Four with Juliet, Alpine, Thunder- 16.2 hand high brown with white socks and brown eyes- Tags: herd (Coconut)

The all brown stallion made a happy little sound as he looked at the mare. He.lipped at her mane a bit, and flicked his tail back and forth. He then stopped his tail from flicking, and looked to the herd as well. He asked "Are you ready to go back to them, or do you want to rest a bit more?"

Juliet- mare- 12 y- Kiger Mustang- Shining Sun herd member- heterosexual- stallion: Romeo- offspring: Maxim, Ria, Rone, Tessa- sixteen hand high golden palomino with lighter mane and tail, pink hooves, blue eyes, and a snip and odd white forehead streaking- Tags: herd (foals and Zesiro)

The Kiger mustang mare looked to Zesiro, nodding back at her and saying "Good, good. We can start tomorrow, or the next day or just... whenever you're ready. Just tell me when you're ready to start learning, but it needs to be soon. For now...you probably want to eat and rest."

She sighed as the filly got annoyed at the other mare...but she supposed Thunder just couldn't understand. The other mare had just arrived. She clearly wanted to eat and rest, and get used to the others. Juliet now noticed Skylar wasn't there anymore...and must have followed Tessa. She looked to Thunder, saying "There's nothing else to do. I don't know if we'll move, but we aren't going to do it today, if so."

Tessa- mare- 3 y- Mustang TB Kiger Mustang- Shining Sun herd member- Pan- Salem but probably isn't coming back so Grey Ghost- stallion: open- offspring- 16.1 hand high golden with brown points, mane and tail, blue eyes, white snip and odd forehead streak- Tags: Grey Ghost and Skylar

The dun filly/mare snorted and rolled her eyes a bit as she looked at the stallion. "Yes, you'll heal, but if you run into trouble you could get hurt worse..." Not that she could do much, but she would. If she and Skylar needed to fight something, they'd do so. They might not win...or they might get hurt too, but...two of them should be able to scare things off. The problem was if it was another stallion...Then, he'd likely fight Grey Ghost to get to Tessa. She shook her head, not wanting to think about it, and said "Yes, I'm from a herd, but its my father's herd...I can't stay there forever," she said. "Also, why would I not want to help or at least try to help a fellow equine that's hurt?"

Skylar- gelding- 6 y- Mustang AQH (mostly mustang)- Shining Sun subordinate/gelding- Panromantic, poly open- So open- has to adopt or have surrogate- handsome and cute buckskin with medium blue eyes- Tags: Tessa and Grey Ghost

The blue eyed gelding nodded along to what the filly/mare said to the stallion. He could also tell the stallion was older than the two of them. He twitched then perked his ears, looking around a moment. He was checking that no other stallions were sneaking up on them. Also making sure there weren't bears anywhere nearby. A horse could try and fight a bear but they weren't likely to win...or even survive it. He also made sure there were no wolves or coyotes. He then said "Yeah, and I'm just a gelding there, so I'm allowed to leave if I want to."

Jezibel- mare- 16 y- APH (mustang)- lead mare Moonless Night- Demi pan- stallion: Jetsam- open for romances with mares too- offspring: Ettore, Risk, pregnant with Josephine (March due date)- 16 hand high red mare with star, snip, stockings, minimal tobiano, brown eyes- Tags: herd

The chestnut Tobiano mare with the star and snip said "Well...we decide where to go for water and grass. That's really all I've ever done. He's definitely the protector, but anyway...there's never been much reason to move. We'd move around this area here, but there's always been water and good grass here. I guess we could move towards the mountains. I don't think there's much grass on mountains though, since a mountain is rock."

(Queen: I tried finding a Google answer about herds moving, but it didn't give one. It legit just told me the older mare decides where to go for water and the best grass)

Ettore (Guardian)- gelding- 10 y- Appy APH- Moonless night subordinate/gelding- Homoromantic, poly open maybe- Dreamer likely- SO: open- offspring: will adopt Apache- 16 hand high bay beauty with blue brown heterochromia and minimal tobiano (neck/shoulders, back/rump), star, black and white mane and white tail- Tags: herd

The gelding nodded as he said "Of course a herd sticks together in the winter. Its really cold and not fun at all...so you have to all huddle for warmth. I guess some herds could get separated... but that's usually young horses. A very young leader could lose his mares to another stallion. If the mares don't want to go with the newcomer, chaos could ensue. Then the herd could all get separated. Jetsam is at an age where he can defend all of us, though. We won't get separated... are you worried about us all getting separated?" he asked Tiramisu.

Risk- gelding- 8 y- Appy APH- Moonless Night subordinate/gelding- homoromantic, maybe poly open- Snowrunner highly likely- SO: open- offspring: will adopt Cherokee- 16 hand high handsome beauty with brown eyes, dark coat, snip and stockings, pink hooves with black striping- Tags: herd (Snowrunner and Albino and Jezi)

The gelding nodded along to what his mother said, and looked around a moment. He said "Mom and dad were equals, they decided they wanted to be equal. Which is probably a bit odd...but yeah. They'd make decisions together, but he'd let her lead the way to water and grass still." He then looked to Albino as she spoke to them. "A forest could work if we don't go too deep in, but...there's bears and stuff in there. It could also be dark if we go too far in. I think in forests, maybe just big ones, the light wouldn't reach as far in, but..the trees won't have leaves in winter anyway."

Snowfall- mare- 12 y- unknown (maybe Lippizaner and Appy)- Moonless Night herd member- bi- stallion: Jetsam- open to relations with mares too- offspring: pregnant with Nightlight (April due date), will have Flight, Blizzard and Breeze- 15.2 hand high white with very very pale light mane and tail, silver very light spotting maybe, blue eyes- Tags: herd, Felina

The blue eyed white and possibly very, very light silver spotted mare put her ears back. It wasn't unsureness or aggression, it seemed to be shyness. She nodded at the other mare, saying "Oh, good, good. I'm glad I got it right," then looking to Jetsam a moment herself. Her ears stayed back in that shy seeming way. She flicked her tail back and forth a couple times, then shook her head back and forth twice.

If she were a human, she might have giggled by now, and or covered her mouth in a cute/endearing way. She couldn't giggle, and didn't have hands. She did make a little horse sound that may be akin to a giggle. "What does...Hermosa mean?" she asked, figuring it had a broader term. She couldn't guess just by the words. It could mean darling, hon, girl, lady, any number of things.

She then said "Oh, um...technically, all the mares are Jetsam's mates. I mean...would you call it that?" she asked, not sure, but in a herd it was usually one stallion and all the mares.

"I don't mind the flirting though," she said.

"I'm sure Jetsam also wouldn't mind, since I'm not going to another stallion."

( :thumbup:
Feel free to have her flirt with Jezi too, once they work/talk things out. Anyway! Don't stop flirting, Felina...I don't know if she would just because of Jetsam)
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Comett » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:08 pm

Deekia | Loner | Mare | Straight | Tags: Coral, herd

Deekia eyes the herd mare for a moment. "My name is Deekia...and you?"
Her ears alert and nostrils flared to investigate the mares scent.
Comett

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kierbear » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:01 am

[ Felina ] Tags: Snowfall

Felina's dirt colored hues assessed the mare in front of her, amusement flashing on her features at Snowfall's reaction. "It means beautiful. As are you." She dipped her crown, her grin still evident as her tone gave off some genuine sense of devotion and teasing. Her audits perked at the explanation. Felina nodded, "I see. Yes, I'm sure Jetsam wouldn't mind at all." The maiden purred suggestively.

(sorry for taking so long to make a reply!)
kierbear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:04 pm

[Drogon: oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear that.
Please take your time.]

Atlantic- stallion- 20 y- Mustang- loner still technically- bi- Bea is now his mare- Marine (daughter), wants more- sixteen hand high blue roan with blue eyes- Tags: Bea

The blue roan stallion watched the other stallion, with the two mares. He nodded his head up and down a couple times, seemingly to himself. He then nodded as he looked to the mare. "I've only been up there once, but I was a much younger horse back then. A young mountain lion came after me...but I gave a few swift kicks in his direction. He decided it wasn't worth the risk, and ran off."

Marine- mare- 10 y- Mustang Kiger Mustang Morab- pan- Flotsam- pregnant with Ocean (May due date)- traveling with her dad right now- fifteen point one hand high lighter blue roan with blue eyes and white socks- Tags: Bluebell, Flotsam/ Atlantic, Bea

The lighter blue roan mare -shoot, I didn't meant to delete this...-

Winter Nights; Winter- gelding- 10 y- APH Appy- loner- Demi; Blaze one day- SO open once bonded- might adopt- white with black spots, black ears, one blue and one brown eye, pink muzzle and hooves, hooves have stripes and muzzle has dotting- Tags: Silvia, Chocolat and others

The gelding rolled his eyes and said "It really isn't that hard to understand some things they say. Why are you getting annoyed with me anyway?" He turned away with a snort, and looked at the others. He nodded as he looked at Blaze, saying "Yeah, it'll be nice having a group." He sighed as he nodded to Dreamer, saying "I know we can't understand everything...We can understand some things they say. Such as, we are horses, or you two and I are geldings, or Serena and Silvia are fixed mares. Words like those we can understand. They're language is...annoying I guess, especially the kids...The young kids are so loud and wild, I didn't like that."

A Silver Tree/ Silvia- fixed mare- 14 y- Quarter pony- loner- demi; open to bond- SO open once bonded- had a foal or two- 13 or 14 hand high silver bay with black eye skin and hooves and blue eyes- Tags: Winter, Chocolat and others

The mare let out a breath, shaking her head at the stallion and gelding. "Stop arguing...you don't need to be annoyed over talking." She then nodded and said "Okay...I think I'll stick around you then." He was right, he didn't need to impress or defend her since she was fixed anyway. Noticing Blaze looking at her, she said "They fixed me since we were at a barn. There was a stallion there they didn't want going wild over all the mares...So they fixed a bunch of the mares. They only wanted to breed certain ones to that stallion they had."

Jaden- mare- 6 y- Mustang cross- loner for now- Demi- Elias could become her crush- no stallion yet- pregnant with Juni (June due date)- traveling with friend Joro- fifteen hand high black with brown eyes and white coronets, gray looking hooves- Tags: Joro/Elias

The darkly colored mare said "Its fine, its fine...I don't know why he asked that...Well, I can guess its because its just sexuality, he wasn't asking if you've ever been in love. Though..you've just now made it sound like you have. Okay...we won't ask you anymore questions. You can just ask all the questions, if you...have anymore to ask." She assumed Elias would have more questions for them, hopefully, as she didn't like long silences.

Joro- gelding- 4 y- Japanese Sport horse cross- loner for now- Homoromantic, poly open (if he ends up with Elias)- Elias- SO open- Offspring: will adopt Jemini- traveling with friend Jaden- fifteen hand high black with star and snip, brown eyes- Tags: Jaden/Elias

The cute and pretty darkly colored gelding looked down at the ground. The other had sort of answered, though Joro wasn't sure why he'd spoke of love. He'd asked about sexuality, not romance. Shaking his head, he sighed and said "Sorry...I didn't mean to upset you." He put his ears back, flicking his tail back and forth a couple times. He finally lifted his head again, nodding to what Jaden said to Elias.

Romeo- stallion- 18 y- Mustang TB- leader of Shining Sun- Heterosexual- mares: Juliet, Coconut, Vanille, Caramello, Zesiro- foals: Four with Juliet, Alpine, Thunder- 16.2 hand high brown with white socks and brown eyes- Tags: herd (Coconut)

The all brown stallion made a happy little sound as he looked at the mare. He.lipped at her mane a bit, and flicked his tail back and forth. He then stopped his tail from flicking, and looked to the herd as well. He asked "Are you ready to go back to them, or do you want to rest a bit more?"

Juliet- mare- 12 y- Kiger Mustang- Shining Sun herd member- heterosexual- stallion: Romeo- offspring: Maxim, Ria, Rone, Tessa- sixteen hand high golden palomino with lighter mane and tail, pink hooves, blue eyes, and a snip and odd white forehead streaking- Tags: herd (foals and Zesiro)

The Kiger mustang mare looked to Zesiro, nodding back at her and saying "Good, good. We can start tomorrow, or the next day or just... whenever you're ready. Just tell me when you're ready to start learning, but it needs to be soon. For now...you probably want to eat and rest."

She sighed as the filly got annoyed at the other mare...but she supposed Thunder just couldn't understand. The other mare had just arrived. She clearly wanted to eat and rest, and get used to the others. Juliet now noticed Skylar wasn't there anymore...and must have followed Tessa. She looked to Thunder, saying "There's nothing else to do. I don't know if we'll move, but we aren't going to do it today, if so."

Tessa- mare- 3 y- Mustang TB Kiger Mustang- Shining Sun herd member- Pan- Salem but probably isn't coming back so Grey Ghost- stallion: open- offspring- 16.1 hand high golden with brown points, mane and tail, blue eyes, white snip and odd forehead streak- Tags: Grey Ghost and Skylar

The dun filly/mare snorted and rolled her eyes a bit as she looked at the stallion. "Yes, you'll heal, but if you run into trouble you could get hurt worse..." Not that she could do much, but she would. If she and Skylar needed to fight something, they'd do so. They might not win...or they might get hurt too, but...two of them should be able to scare things off. The problem was if it was another stallion...Then, he'd likely fight Grey Ghost to get to Tessa. She shook her head, not wanting to think about it, and said "Yes, I'm from a herd, but its my father's herd...I can't stay there forever," she said. "Also, why would I not want to help or at least try to help a fellow equine that's hurt?"

Skylar- gelding- 6 y- Mustang AQH (mostly mustang)- Shining Sun subordinate/gelding- Panromantic, poly open- So open- has to adopt or have surrogate- handsome and cute buckskin with medium blue eyes- Tags: Tessa and Grey Ghost

The blue eyed gelding nodded along to what the filly/mare said to the stallion. He could also tell the stallion was older than the two of them. He twitched then perked his ears, looking around a moment. He was checking that no other stallions were sneaking up on them. Also making sure there weren't bears anywhere nearby. A horse could try and fight a bear but they weren't likely to win...or even survive it. He also made sure there were no wolves or coyotes. He then said "Yeah, and I'm just a gelding there, so I'm allowed to leave if I want to."

Jezibel- mare- 16 y- APH (mustang)- lead mare Moonless Night- Demi pan- stallion: Jetsam- open for romances with mares too- offspring: Ettore, Risk, pregnant with Josephine (March due date)- 16 hand high red mare with star, snip, stockings, minimal tobiano, brown eyes- Tags: herd

The chestnut Tobiano mare with the star and snip said "Well...we decide where to go for water and grass. That's really all I've ever done. He's definitely the protector, but anyway...there's never been much reason to move. We'd move around this area here, but there's always been water and good grass here. I guess we could move towards the mountains. I don't think there's much grass on mountains though, since a mountain is rock."

(Queen: I tried finding a Google answer about herds moving, but it didn't give one. It legit just told me the older mare decides where to go for water and the best grass)

Ettore (Guardian)- gelding- 10 y- Appy APH- Moonless night subordinate/gelding- Homoromantic, poly open maybe- Dreamer likely- SO: open- offspring: will adopt Apache- 16 hand high bay beauty with blue brown heterochromia and minimal tobiano (neck/shoulders, back/rump), star, black and white mane and white tail- Tags: herd

The gelding nodded as he said "Of course a herd sticks together in the winter. Its really cold and not fun at all...so you have to all huddle for warmth. I guess some herds could get separated... but that's usually young horses. A very young leader could lose his mares to another stallion. If the mares don't want to go with the newcomer, chaos could ensue. Then the herd could all get separated. Jetsam is at an age where he can defend all of us, though. We won't get separated... are you worried about us all getting separated?" he asked Tiramisu.

Risk- gelding- 8 y- Appy APH- Moonless Night subordinate/gelding- homoromantic, maybe poly open- Snowrunner highly likely- SO: open- offspring: will adopt Cherokee- 16 hand high handsome beauty with brown eyes, dark coat, snip and stockings, pink hooves with black striping- Tags: herd (Snowrunner and Albino and Jezi)

The gelding nodded along to what his mother said, and looked around a moment. He said "Mom and dad were equals, they decided they wanted to be equal. Which is probably a bit odd...but yeah. They'd make decisions together, but he'd let her lead the way to water and grass still." He then looked to Albino as she spoke to them. "A forest could work if we don't go too deep in, but...there's bears and stuff in there. It could also be dark if we go too far in. I think in forests, maybe just big ones, the light wouldn't reach as far in, but..the trees won't have leaves in winter anyway."

Snowfall- mare- 12 y- unknown (maybe Lippizaner and Appy)- Moonless Night herd member- bi- stallion: Jetsam- open to relations with mares too- offspring: pregnant with Nightlight (April due date), will have Flight, Blizzard and Breeze- 15.2 hand high white with very very pale light mane and tail, silver very light spotting maybe, blue eyes- Tags: herd, Felina

The blue eyed white and possibly very, very light silver spotted mare twitched her ears. They went back shyly, and she said "O-Oh. Cool, um...thank you," she said, and then let a happy little sound escape her. She glanced towards Jezibel, then over to Jetsam... then back to Felina. She nodded, saying "Yeah...yeah, he wouldn't mind." She hoped that was really true...but the slight worry it wasn't true didn't stop her from moving closer to Felina. She looked her over a bit. She made another happy little sound, and reached her muzzle out.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Drogon <3 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:20 pm

𝕵𝖊𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖒

Something similar to a snarl left the stallion's tightly clenched maws, something about Felina was irritating him. He just couldn't forget her, could he? No matter how hard he essentially tried. What was the point? She'd linger in his thoughts for however long she wished to be. A small snort left his nostrils as the stallion stalked in a pacing motion once more, head tilted upwards when he glanced towards the open land, the urge to actually run through that was a constant battle Jetsam seemed to have every single day. Perhaps if he just did one quick gallop around, it'd ease his restlessness? Yes, perfect. A side-glance towards the herd before he moved away from it, just for the few minutes he needed to gallop around. His muscular neck tilted downwards, his crown was lowered below his knees when he did a small buck, adjacent to a colt would when they were given the endless freedom and vast energy. The stallion's wild and tangled mane tossed from one side of his neck to the other when he quickly trotted around in a tight circle, flicking his tail - really it was mostly his tail wavering slightly with his energy filled motions - before he reared back, though his front hooves were only a few feet off of the ground. His abyss coloured tail splashed across the green vegetation like oil could across any given surface. The stallion reared back once more, with a little more height before he jumped forwards, his mane moving about when his canter shifted into a gallop, each few inches his speed would continue to get faster until he was able to feel the breeze against his face. The darkened brown optics were glistening with a certain livelihood that he rarely felt recently. As his legs moved swiftly across the open clearing, he slid to a stop though it looked more like he was skidding. From his paused spot, the stallion's watchful gaze shifted across the herd, making sure each herd member was accounted for. Can't have any disappearing now, could he? It wouldn't make him a good leader if he did.

𝔉𝔩𝔬𝔱𝔰𝔞𝔪

The further he was away from his familial ties, the better he'd be able to concentrate without having the constant fear of running into his dearest brother. Their elusive mother was no where to be found, just like she always happens to be whenever they get the the point that they needed some sort of guidance from her. What should she even be up to at this point? Majority of the time, she's just on the run from running into any equine from her past..What was the point of that? He didn't even understand but who was he to judge, he was running away from his brother and mother. Refusing to interact with them in any shape or form. Coward? Just maybe, though that could stay between himself and his conscious.

𝔈𝔩𝔦𝔞𝔰

A low snort left his nostrils as he followed at a further distance behind, opting for silence as his ears flicked back against his skull. Bad impressions upon the two horses already, great. Elias already made bad impressions, perhaps he should speak like that? He didn't know what to do aside from keeping his maws tightly shut. (yes, we can do that. if u rlly want to.)

ℨ𝔢𝔰𝔦𝔯𝔬

Zesiro's audits flicked back tightly against her skull, she didn't even understand herd dynamics. Not a single part of her knew how a herd worked, her family avoided them as much as they could. If they did run into a herd, they'd just move swiftly away or in the complete other direction of the herd. The mare couldn't even formulate any direct words from her seemingly lost voice so the best she could do was just slightly nod her head. Twitching her tail gently between her back limbs, that when her front limbs moved to get her into a better and more comfortable position. Lowering her neck down, her crown tilted slightly downwards when her jaws closed around a rather lushful patch of green vegetation upon the clearing. Something that she was craving for awhile now, some good food to fill her stomach up with.

𝔊𝔯𝔢𝔶 𝔊𝔥𝔬𝔰𝔱

"My answer is rather simple. I don't particularly trust herd equines." The ghostly grey coated stallion simply spat, hearing everything that the other two had to say. Grey Ghost didn't need any help, the most he wanted to do was to get Helaena and live his full life with her. Enjoying time with her whenever he got a chance, a small snort left his flaring nostrils when he gently moved his injured back leg up off the ground. The searing pain wasn't something he couldn't tolerate at these few mere moments of standing like the tough stallion he was supposed to be. The long forelock covered up the stallion's narrowed gaze, twitching his audits back against his skull for a few moments before airplanning them to the side, something told him that these equines wouldn't leave him alone until he gave in or walked off. "I'm simply asking. It doesn't hurt to inquire about one's decision of leaving the safety of a herd, yes?" The valyrian's voice was monotoned, "I don't really do travel companions. I am just searching for someone right now, I am wasting precious time in searching for her. Injuries aren't something that can prevent me from continuing on my journey. Why would you want to leave your paternal figure's herd? I am not worthy of a mare like you, I am rather a loner. Looking for a purpose in life while looking for Helaena." The valyrian name slid off the stallion's tone with a thick accented tone, though his voice was quieter then normal. As much as he knew that he shouldn't avoid these injuries, nonetheless ignore them, they'd eventually get even worse. Though, it might lure that mare back to him, if he just played his cards right. A plan soon began to ignite in this stallion's new found reverie that he seemed to have gathered after his last few sentences.
Drogon <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:19 am

[Okay, I decided just to post again]

Marine- mare- 10 y- Mustang Kiger Mustang Morab- pan- Flotsam- pregnant with Ocean (May due date)- traveling with her dad right now- fifteen point one hand high lighter blue roan with blue eyes and white socks- Tags: Bluebell, Flotsam

The lighter blue roan mare watched the other two a moment, just watched them. She wondered if Flotsam would eventually want to have foals with them. She wasn't so sure, he just seemed to want a job. He just seemed to want to be a protector, but...being with them might change his mind. The longer he was with them the more he might want to be their mate. Then again, maybe he wouldn't. She didn't mind either way, what she needed right now was a protector. That, as well as her new mare friend, who she looked at now.

The darkly colored mare sighed quietly when the stallion became quiet. Shaking her head, she led the way towards where they were going. She glanced around carefully as she did so, and let out a couple breaths. She then sucked in some air, nostrils flaring as she did so. She didn't notice the young mountain lion begin to stalk them as they got closer...She didn't notice until she heard a hissing, and saw him coming running at her.

The cute and pretty darkly colored gelding sighed as well...then shook his head. He glanced around as well, and followed the other two. He kept completely quiet now, though he wanted to keep quiet. He also didn't notice there was a young wild cat following them...When the thing hissed and leaped at Jaden, Joro let out a horse scream. "Jaden!" he then cried out, not close enough...but Elias was close enough to get to her.

The Kiger mustang mare sighed as the filly got annoyed at the other mare... She supposed Thunder just couldn't understand. The other mare had just arrived. She clearly wanted to eat and rest, and get used to the others. Juliet now noticed Skylar wasn't there anymore...and must have followed Tessa. She looked to Thunder, saying "There's nothing else to do. I don't know if we'll move, but we aren't going to do it today, if so."

She then looked at Zesiro, and offered a small look of encouragement. Watching her eat a good patch of grass, she nodded. "This isn't really a lesson, just a piece of...something to keep in mind. That grass you're eating...that's the kind of grass we have to watch out for. Good, lush grass that will keep everyone healthy and well fed." She then fell silent again, leaving the other mare alone now.

The dun filly/mare said "I mean...that's fine, I guess...not every horse can trust others. We technically aren't herd horses anymore anyway. I was ready to leave, I'm already three years old, I was... just trying to find the right time. You can call Skylar and I loners now." She fell silent then, and twitched her ears as he let out a breath. She shook her head a couple times, and looked to her friend a moment. She the looked to Grey Ghost, noticing he lifted his leg off the ground. He couldn't seem to ignore the pain and or discomfort for long. She tilted her head a bit, as much as a horse could. "All animals must leave their parents by a certain age... except maybe wolves. I've heard even wolves usually leave to start their own packs." She locked onto his words about wanting to find a horse. She suddenly got a thought in her head, and felt like it was quite clever. "well...why don't you let us heal you, as much as that can be done? Then, we could help you in your search for this mare of yours." She paused when he said he wasn't worthy of a mare like her. "a...mare like me...was that a compliment or something?" she asked. She glanced to her friend again, then back to the stallion.

The blue eyed gelding shook his head as he looked between the two of them. He sighed as he listened to the stallion...but he knew it was true. Some horses, people, or other animals just didn't trust easy. He'd met horses like that over the years, always lone horses though. Of course they couldn't be herd horses, if they didn't trust other horses. He always wondered how a horse could stay sane being all alone, though. "You don't trust others...but how do you not go crazy being alone?" he asked. It was a horse's instinct to want to be around others. Even if they ended up in only a small group. He shook his head a couple more times, then waited to hear the answer, if one came.

The blue eyed white and possibly very, very light silver spotted mare twitched her ears. They went back shyly, and she said "O-Oh. Cool, um...thank you," she said, and then let a happy little sound escape her. She glanced towards Jezibel, then over to Jetsam... then back to Felina. She nodded, saying "Yeah...yeah, he wouldn't mind." She hoped that was really true...but the slight worry it wasn't true didn't stop her from moving closer to Felina. She looked her over a bit. She made another happy little sound, and reached her muzzle out.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me