Snowy mountain Brumbies - open and accepting

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

Re: Snowy mountain Brumbies - open and accepting

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:32 pm

[XD you put foxes twice. Anyway! Sorry. I forgot this was set in Australia, I'll try to remember. Are there Tasmanian Devils or like...things like that? I don't think Tasmian devil is actually what I'm thinking of...

Also, we need to fade to black for animals, just like for humans, but we can like do the tiniest little skip, as in we can post them again straight away but make it be after everything is said and done. I'm saying this since Yarramen and Lucifer are currently on their mission with the ladies (don't ask why I called it that...)]

Dinozzo- Di- stallion- 10 y- Brumby (55%) x Standardbred (45%)- 16 hands- brown with snip and three socks, blue eyes- mares: open (likes Charlie)- foals- stallion x mare- Tags: Charlie

The handsome stallion made a happy little sound when she gently nosed him back. He shook his head back and forth a couple times. He then said "That's a very lovely name, Charlie." He scented the air a bit, noticing something about her. He smelled she was ready, in a way. She might not want a mate just yet, might not want to potentially have a baby. He watched as she jumped sideways then pranced around him. He reached out to nuzzle her a bit. "It's okay, it's just a kangaroo. Though I've heard they'll kick and box...but I think that's mostly towards humans or a predator." He shook his head a couple times more. He then watched as the kangaroos moved off towards water. He looked at the mare once more, and nosed at her a couple times. He began to cover her with his scent, hoping she didn't mind. Even if she didn't want to be with him, at least this might do something. This might ward off other stallions for a bit. He hoped she'd like him, though. He hoped she'd want to actually be in his herd he was trying to start. He nosed at her tail a bit to see what she'd do. He then politely said "If you don't like that, you can tell me to back off."

Neo- stallion- 8 y- Brumby (52%) x Australian Stock horse (48%)- 16 hands- brown with blaze and coronet and two socks, brown eyes- mares: open- foals- stallion x mare- Tags: open

-also grazing in a field, feel free to tag him-

Chocolate- Choco- mare- 8 y- Brumby (60%) x Warmblood (40%)- 16 hands- brown with brown eyes- stallion: open- foals: Cookie Pie, wants more- Brumby stallion x Brumby Warmblood mare- Tags: Cookie/ open

-she's just grazing in a field if anyone wants to tag-

Cookie Pie- Cookie- filly/mare- 2 y- Brumby x AQH- Warmblood- 15.2 hands- dun with brown eyes- stallion: open- foals: not until she's four probably- stallion (55% Brumby 45% AQH) x Chocolate- Tags: Choco/ open

-grazing in the same field-

Sugar Cookie- Sugar- mare- 10 y- Brumby (60%) x TB (40%)- 16.2 hands- brown eyed palomino with star, snip, socks, and white or very light blonde mane and tail- stallion: Yarramen- foals- Brumby stallion x Brumby TB mare- Tags: Yarramen

The pretty mare watched him as he looked at her. She wondered what he could possibly be thinking right at the moment. Her thoughts then turned to whether he'd had other mares before. She didn't see any with him, but that didn't mean he hadn't had some. She let another puff of air escape her nostrils. She kicked her hoof as she felt an itch...She then made a worried little sound, worried he might think she was annoyed. She quickly said "Sorry, I wasn't kicking at you. I felt a bit of an itch, and it's annoying." She shook her head back and forth a couple times. She let him groom her, and when he got to the back she let him. She made a small sound but didn't stop him and (fade to black).

Jessika- Jess- mare- 6 y- Brumby (53%) x APH (47%)- 16 hands- red tobiano with brown eyes, red and white mane and tail- stallion: open (wants Lucifer)- foals- stallion x mare- Tags: Lucifer

The beauty of a red tobiano mare shook her head a couple times. She continued to stare at the handsome stallion with those brown, brown eyes. Her eyes, her eyes were very brown in color. His might be too, for all she knew, though. She watched as he stood up when she whinnied. This seemed to delight her, as she let out another different type of call. She let her ears go forward as he called to her again. She then watched as he cantered towards him. She would have giggled if she were human, but she wasn't. Instead, she let out an amused little nicker. She blinked as he bumped her with his nose, but didn't seem to care quite so much. She was a young mare, after all. The only males she'd ever really known were her father and brother. She shook the thought of them away. They'd been taken by humans...or rather kept. She'd managed to escape humans, when she was three or four. She snorted and nipped back at him, just to see what happened. She then took his scent in, and let him put his scent on her. When he nosed at her tail, she squealed. However, she was ready for anything, so she let him do what he wanted (and fade again).
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eventer » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:00 pm

{ I’ll reply tomorrow, nah, tazzies only really live in the wild in well Tasmania. }

{ yes I know haha, I didn’t include it incase you wanted your mares to reject them c: }
eventer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:08 pm

Kay kay. So just dingoes then? Foxes wouldn't really be a threat and a kangaroo isn't a predator but I've heard Kangaroos can do serious damage with their legs.

Lol, yeah, it's fine. They weren't going to reject them, so now we just need to skip to after

Ugh, I hate being sick...at least I won't be on this antibiotic much longer. I'm kind of worried though, because I may have had this infection since October or Novemeber last year...

Anyway, I will wait for you to post again]
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Post 3

Postby eventer » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:12 pm

{ dingo's would a big threat to foals. however they would also be able to threaten older horses. kangaroo's are not a threat, that being said if a foal got to curious a kangaroo could potentially break bones and if a foal follows a kangaroo into a river or dam or lake where the water is at the roos hip or higher level, if the roo feels threatened they will hold the foal down to drown it like they do with dingoes. feral pigs can get massive and could pose a threat to new born or young foals. injured horses would also be threatened by them as the pigs can start eating them if they are unable to get up. foxes would be an extremely minor threat, and only during labour where the mare would be tired and the fox may attack the newborn or while still half in the mare. crows would be a big threat to new borns during labour as they tend to come down and will try to peck at the foals eyes and the mums bum. wedge tail eagles can be a threat to new foals/mares in labour }

{ sorry to hear that hun }

Y A R R A M E N
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────
gender stallion age fourteen years description a 15"2 chestnut brumby x thoroughbred
mares sugar
tagged sugar, juniper (when she's posted for)

- fade -

yarramen landed with a thud, he twitched his nostrils and wiggled his top lip again before nibbling her rump gently continuing grooming again before he glanced around curiously before lowering his head to graze. he twitched his ears and nibbled at the grass around his feet. with a soft sigh, the stallion licked his dry lips before listening to his surroundings watching a few deer come out from the scrub, he watched them curiously before nudging sugar softly towards the creek that ran through the scrub and further into the bush. he twitched his ears and lifted his legs high over some of the prickly poking bushes avoiding the painfully spiky parrot bushes before walked towards the creek stepping his two front feet to the bank, both gently sinking into the mud as he lowered his mouth to drink the water. it was running a lot more than it would be by summer as the ice had melted, there was still some reminance of snow in the scrub and bush where the warmth of spring hadn't touched yet. he flicked his tail and lifted his head to ensure that sugar had followed him.

LUCIFER
gender stallion age eight years description a 15"1 dapple grey brumby x thoroughbred
mares jessika
tagged jessika

- fade -

the stallion stepped off and with a sharp snort he flared his nostrils and stepped towards the mare, nibbling gently at her coat pulling off some loose dead fur, flicking his tongue out of his mouth to spit the fur off from his tongue and lips as he stepped towards the mares shoulder. a gentle nicker escaping his lips as he spoke "lucifer... my name that is" he murmured gently and shook his dark grey mane, keeping an eye on his surroundings. he knew there was a few animals hear and there, a wombat or two in the distance in their burrows, rabbits kept popping out from their burrows. he watched the mare curiously and lowered his head to graze, before lifting his head and speaking up, having realised he forgot to ask the mares name "and what is the name of a pretty mare like you?" he offered a smile and bumped his nose against her own.

FREYJA & ATHENA
gender mare / filly age eleven years / one week description a 15"1 grey brumby x arabian x thoroughbred / a bay brumby x arabian x thoroughbred to mature 14"3 heat stage three
stallion none tagged open

freyja lay on a tall hill, there was about a 20m radius of flat ground before a downhill slope to get back to the plains, in the middle of the small area she lay on, stood a tall gum tree, this tree was freyja's tree, it sheltered her from most weather, and the shadows and long branches protected her from sight of most predators, it had been the tree frejya was born under, and had always been the tree that the mare had planned to birth under herself. it was the perfect place. as she flicked her tail, that stench wafted around again, but unlike some of the younger fillies, she knew the smell, it was time to breed, for one, her mother had taught her of such smell, and of course, her own body often drove her to seek out a stallion, but, she'd been through this many times before, a mare came into heat once every three to four weeks throughout spring summer and autumn, on the extreme occasion, a mare might continue through winter, her first cycle had been after her second spring through the hot summer months, it irritated her at first, but she came to like it, she knew it meant she could bear a foal, and freyja, ever since she was little, had always wanted a foal, and including the little filly she had birthed a week ago, she had birthed eight foals in total. the grey mare rolled herself upright from her laying position and hauled herself up onto all four legs, shaking her coat loose of any dirt and grass that came to stick to her glorious coat, the mare proceeded to stretch, leaning right back into a downward stretching position, before lifting herself back up and taking a step with her front leg, stretching out one hind leg followed by the other before with a soft snort, the mare looked towards the precious little filly who had been laying a few meters from her, with a gentle nicker to wake up athena, freyja proceeded in a lazy walk down to the river bed a few hundred meters from her tree, listening for athena, noting when the filly came trotting after her. her silvery ears twitched as she waded into the water, feeling the cool water felt nice over her shoulders so she stood for a few moments enjoying it before she pursed her lips to the water and with the help of her fat pink tongue, she began to drink.

ADDALINNE
gender mare age fifteen years description a 15"3 buckskin tobiano brumby x stock horse heat pregnant
stallion none tagged open

addy stood in a field of flowers, pink, white, purple and yellow scattered all around her. if standing in a field of flowers didn't tell you she was a princess, what would. truth be told, she wasn't as insensitive some might think, she was actually very sweet and loving, but she could be arrogant and stubborn and moody, but she was getting older, and she probably earned some moodiness over the years. addy nosed around the flower bushes, pulling at the green grass that grew almost in every inch of the field that the flowers did not. it wasn't the best, but she didn't feel like moving right now, it was quite cool still and the better grass was over in the shade, far to cold for her right now, no she was quite happy where she stood, it was a touch sour due to the flowers covering most of their growth, but it was more bearable then the cold. being heavily pregnant also meant she wasn't exactly in the greatest mood to move around either.

C H A R L I E
gender mare age seven years description a 16"0 chestnut overo brumby x thoroughbred heat stage two-three [covered by dinozzo]
stallion dinozzo tagged dinozzo

charlie would of kicked the stallion and squealed at him if she'd been a bit older or a bit smarter, but her thoroughbred began to show and with a flick of her tail the mare gave a gentle nicker and lifted her tail aside - fade -

when the stallion bumped himself off, she twitched her tail and bopped him her nose before looking around and with a gentle huff the mare pulled some grass and chewed quietly, occasionally taking a few steps as she grazed, one ear flicked listening towards her new stallion, wondering if he had the rest of his mares hidden away somewhere or if she was the first mare. with a soft sigh, the mare pawed at the ground and then buckled her knees and lay down, rolling onto her side and scratching her body and rolling onto her back scratching around and onto the other side repeating the process before rolling back over onto the side she started on, stretching her front legs out but not getting up just yet, her ears twitching as she grazed quietly while down.
eventer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:32 pm

[XD thank you for all that information. Most of those we wouldn't have to worry about until foals are actually being born, it seems (though we have to skip births too). Also, yeah...it sucks...the infection thing, and thank you for caring.]

Dinozzo- Di- stallion- 10 y- Brumby (55%) x Standardbred (45%)- 16 hands- brown with snip and three socks, blue eyes- mares: Charlie, open- foals- stallion x mare- Tags: Charlie

-fade-

-unfade-

The handsome stallion made a happy little sound and lowered himself. He moved a bit away from her, to give her some space. He didn't know if she'd want some space now, so he moved away. He watched as she dropped to the ground and rolled. He then noticed as she seemed to be wondering something. He asked "What is it, what are you thinking?" If she wanted to know about other mares, she could always ask him. Of course, the answer was going to be she was the first. Well, he'd tell her about the two mares he'd once had. They were gone now, so she was the first mare of the new spring season. He needed to rebuild his herd once again. He twitched his ears and looked around, but was content.

Neo- stallion- 8 y- Brumby (52%) x Australian Stock horse (48%)- 16 hands- brown with blaze and coronet and two socks, brown eyes- mares: open- foals- stallion x mare- Tags: open

-also grazing in a field, feel free to tag him-

Chocolate- Choco- mare- 8 y- Brumby (60%) x Warmblood (40%)- 16 hands- brown with brown eyes- stallion: open- foals: Cookie Pie, wants more- Brumby stallion x Brumby Warmblood mare- Tags: Cookie/ open

-she's just grazing in a field if anyone wants to tag-

Cookie Pie- Cookie- filly/mare- 2 y- Brumby x AQH- Warmblood- 15.2 hands- dun with brown eyes- stallion: open- foals: not until she's four probably- stallion (55% Brumby 45% AQH) x Chocolate- Tags: Choco/ open

-grazing in the same field-

Sugar Cookie- Sugar- mare- 10 y- Brumby (60%) x TB (40%)- 16.2 hands- brown eyed palomino with star, snip, socks, and white or very light blonde mane and tail- stallion: Yarramen- foals: will likely have one in eleven or so months- Brumby stallion x Brumby TB mare- Tags: Yarramen

-fade-

-unfade-

The pretty mare shook herself after a moment of just standing there. Her new stallion seemed content, as she watched him. She let him nibble at her and continue the grooming, and she turned her head to him. She noticed a clump of fur on him, and tugged at it. She did so gently, getting it off of him. She spit it out of her mouth then. She watched Ashe moved to the water, likely to drink she figured. She followed after him, as he seemed to make sure she was doing so. She said "I hope we can have a little one. Not that that's the only reason I came to you... but I haven't ever had a foal. I'm ten years old and still have never had one. It will be nice if we can have one together." She said this then lowered her head to the water. She sank into the mud a bit as well.

Jessika- Jess- mare- 6 y- Brumby (53%) x APH (47%)- 16 hands- red tobiano with brown eyes, red and white mane and tail- stallion: Lucifer- foals: will likely have one in eleven months or so (Samhain)- stallion x mare- Tags: Lucifer

-fade-

-unfade-

The beauty of a red tobiano mare watched as he moved away from her then. She allowed the nibbling, and flicked her tail. She noticed some fur on him sticking out, so she nibbled at it. Mutual grooming was a thing that brought horses closer, after all. She pulled out the dead hair, then spat it out. She blinked when he spoke, then he explained himself. She nodded her head up and down, saying "It's a very nice name." She then watched some rabbits with amusement. Before turning her attention back to her new stallion. She said "My name is Jessika, J e s s i k a. If we have a foal, we could name them Lilith or Samhain. That or like...something like my name. I don't know what kind of name that would be, though."
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me