the sanctuary ♞ open

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

the sanctuary ♞ open

Postby unnamed » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:36 am

═════════════════════════

╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗
welcome one and all, big and small to your new home, the sanctuary.
started years ago after a great fire swept the california wilds it was a
way of creating a home for those horses which were either hurt or dis
placed by the mighty fires. now some odd forty years later it has gro
wn to be a haven for any horse, some rescued from the wild, some re
scued from inhumane living conditions, and some brought when their
previous owners could no longer care for them. no matter how one has
come to this place there is one thing that can be certain, it's a model
living space for the horses that inhabit it. covering a vast acreage of l
and it allows the horses to either roam free and away from the huma
ns or allows them to live closer to the barns where they can be cared
for daily. regardless of how one chooses to live here is your warm wel
come to your brand new home, welcome to the sanctuary.

╚═══════════════════════════════════════╝
Last edited by unnamed on Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
unnamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unnamed » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:56 am

one. so clearly this isn't a typical wild horse roleplay, while the herd
dynamic will be allowed it won't be the focus of the roleplay and is up
to the individual roleplayer if they wish to participate in it.
two. all site rules apply of course and you are expected to follow them
accordingly. any breaking of them will see you banned.
three. remain respectful to all roleplayers in the roleplay, this
includes no arguing with each other as well as no powerplay or
attempting to control another player's characters. breaking this rule
will also get you banned from the roleplay.
four. as always you are allowed as many characters as you feel
that you are capable of handling but all must be active in the roleplay.
if one is not being used it will be removed. also, please attempt at
keeping the gender ratio somewhat even.
five. you must be able to write at least one good sized paragraph
for each of your characters, this means at least four lines for every
single one of your characters.
six. all breeds of horses are allowed but please keep in mind this
is considered a realistic roleplay so everything from their looks to
their actions should act as such.

unnamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unnamed » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:31 am

the sanctuary exists approximately fifteen miles from the nearest town
and is settled upon forty acres of open fields and trees. it exists tucked
behind rolling hills of long grasses and appears to be the perfect paradi
se for a horse. it is surrounded on all sides by a sturdy fence to prevent
any horses from attempting to escape into the wilds. while most of the
area inside of the fence is flat grassland out towards the northern side o
f the fence the hills begin, more than once there has been a breach in th
e fence on this side but they are quickly fixed. towards the east side the
re is a small gathering of trees that creates a small mock forest although
it doesn't extend very far. cutting through almost the middle of the sanct
uary is a stream, although thin, shallow, and easily crossable it provides a
good source of water for the hourses and is used readily for those who do
not desire trekking back to the stables for a drink. in the southwestern co
rner of the sanctuary sits the main house and not far from it is the stables.
a vast and multi building structure they have enough room to safely house
close to forty horses, some stalls are meant as singles while others are use
d as doubles for mares and their foals. along with the stalls it also boasts a
large covered area for those without stalls as well as a line of both feed an
d water troughs for horses to choose from.

unnamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unnamed » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:09 am

Stallions
hermes - eight years -clydesdale - omnipotence_
rowan - six years -mustang - omnipotence_
alastair - nine years - irish draught x mustang - danny boi.
dust devil - eight years - american quarter horse - crows.
glass heart - six years - appaloosa x quarter - crows.
king of the sea - thirteen years - mixed draft - rose gold,
Mares
dipped in gold - six years - lusitano - omnipotence_
alighted butterfly - five years - shetland pony - crows.
queen of the east - seven years - arabian - crows.
cave paintings- seven years - quarter horse - baby blue
painted ballerina- five years - azteca horse - baby blue
songbird's lullaby - ten years - akhal teke - rose gold,
poppy seed - ten years -unknown breed - rose gold,
Last edited by unnamed on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.
unnamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unnamed » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:02 am

╔════════════════════════════════╗
crushes
none

mates
none

family
none

herds
none

╚═══════════════════════════════╝
unnamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unnamed » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:02 am

unnamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the sanctuary ♞ open

Postby petridish » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:24 am

Luna - TB - Mare - 4 y.o - Bay with a star

Luna was grazing among the small river. It was a beautiful day, the birds were singing and the sun was shining. Suddlenly she heard hoofbeats in the distance. She looked up and pricked her ears. A grullo stallion was in the distance. What was his name again?, she thought. The horses had quickly introduced themselves when she arrived a few weeks back, she had been on stall rest since then.. Ah, Rowan! that was his name. She watched the stallion slowly walk towards her... or was he just walking in her direction? Either way, she was too nervous to find out and backed up a few steps to continue grazing. She did not however, swish her tail or whinny to him. Her ears were still pricked.

This writing and form okay or are there rules as to how to design a post?
petridish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[hermes - one] [rowan - one] [goldie - one]

Postby unnamed » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:50 pm

H E R M E S
[stallion] [clydesdale] [tagged; none]
              His hooves fell gently as they possibly could on the ground as the brown Clydesdale chewed the grass below him. A light wind pushed his mane from in front of his eyes and slowly he raised his head back up to view the area around him. Thus far the day had been quiet for him; since he was no longer used as a working horse on the farm he spent most of his days either lounging about or conversing with Addeline, one of the few horses he actually considered a friend as he found most were more keen roaming the fields. Hermes enjoyed occasionally roaming the vast plains they occupied but typically he was the type to stick closer to the stables and occupy his time there, he'd been in them for so long that he found it uncomfortable to travel to other places. Turning his heavy head suddenly the stallion set off in a trot towards the small stream that ran not twenty yards from him - he'd ventured a bit further on this particular day. As he went his eyes scanned from side to side, looking for any other horses who may be around him.

R O W A N
[stallion] [mustang] [tagged; none]
              Dirt and dust flew up in the air behind Rowan as he galloped across the open fields, his head thrown back in glee. He hadn't been released from the stalls but two weeks ago after healing from his injuries and the once wild stallion now took every opportunity to happily fling himself around the expanse of grass. In his joy he allowed his attention to slip and was startled when he nearly tripped over his own two legs.
              It took a few moments and flinging himself forward a few more steps before he finally slowed and regained his composure. After a moment he stopped and realizing he had been doing these things in the open turned in a complete circle to see if anyone had seen him nearly fall to the ground over his own legs. He had never exactly been the most graceful of horses.

G O L D I E
[mare] [lusitano] [tagged; none]
              The sun had been beating down on the mare's golden back since it had risen early this morning and she'd found her way towards the trees. The walk over had been slow as Goldie enjoyed the beauty of the day before her but eventually the sun had begun to become too much and she'd settled calmly beneath the cooling shade of a tree at about midday. Now laying down her tail swished behind her in an attempt to keep a few flies away from her. She found that life in this place was very different from her previous one. Things here moved at their own pace, there were no shows to prepare for or training to be done. Everything just.. went along as it pleased. She still wasn't quite sure how to feel about it, some days like this one she enjoyed being able to do nothing without there being a consequence and others she missed being in competitions and proving herself. Now that she was here she'd never do it again and even though she'd been here for several months she still found herself having to learn to adjust.
unnamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ *:・゚✦ -- alastiar. ] [ post one. ]

Postby kintsugi. » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:29 am

x

( ) x ALASTAIR !! ──
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ( name: alastair. ) xx xx ( sex: male. ) xx xx ( location: grasslands ) xx xx ( interested in: none. ) xx xx ( tags: kaida. )
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxxxxxxxShifting slowly in the cool grasses was the painted mass, muscular neck quickly allowing a jerk of motion to reflect his sudden relation that he was no longer alone - then again, was anyone ever truly alone? He supposed some liked to think so, but he imagined they were of lesser minds and younger souls. In a world like this it was a blessing to be occupied with the sounds of laughter - crying even. It gave people a reason to go out and get some air, maybe meet new people or catch a tune. He'd seen and talked to a'many people of the antisocial nature, and although the life wasn't necessarily bad, it certainly wasn't glamorous either. A little peace was good every now and then, but to bathe in it... Stark selfishness to ones health. Ugh. Yet why did he care? It wasn't as if he'd seen anyone here acting like such, but he couldn't help but think back to the 'newest' arrivals and their story; what might happen considering the recent disappearance of their owner. It had been recent, correct? He snorted, head shaking in thought as he struggled to remember the information that clearly wasn't there. Despite being carried under the wings of forgetfulness, he knew for a fact he knew little about the horses that had been dropped off here as a last resort.

But things could change.

Somewhat of a forgetful clod, he was, not stupid or ignorant, but lacking in the field of memory when it came to the little things. It made him grunt, tossing his giant mane aside to stomp with a 'humpf'. The male allowed himself to witness the herd, well, a fraction of it. There she stood, all by herself... It was such an odd phrase to process. His mismatch visionaries of sky and mud grinned at her warmheartedly, watching as she wandered around in what looked to be boredom, urm, sadness? Only one way to find out. "M'lady Kaida, if that is alright... Might I ask exactly what is the matter? You do appear to look rather... Down." There was no place like the now to make new impressions, and he wasn't too shy when it came to talking.
x
kintsugi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[hermes - two] [rowan - one] [goldie - two]

Postby unnamed » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:00 pm

H E R M E S
[stallion] [clydesdale] [tagged; shatter]
              He had completely missed the sight of Shatter, a newer stallion, as he crossed to the stream and dipped his heavy head towards it to drink. As soon as the cool water hit his tongue he felt immediately refreshed; over time Hermes had learned that anything that was even slightly cool felt wonderful among the heat of the day. Of course, this was also a lesson learned back when he was a working horse and had equipment strapped to him from the time he rose in the morning to after the sun had dipped below the sky. When he sensed another's presence he looked up quickly and once again went in search of another, it didn't take him long to find the petrified looking Shatter, motionless.
              Behind his head his ears flicked as he turned to face the other stallion, "You," his voice rumbled deeply, "why do you look so terrified?" Turning his body he took a few steps closer, empathy had never been a strong point for Hermes and he often took a single approach when dealing with any horse. Whether they rushed up to him in joy or looked how Shatter did now. Perhaps he was just so used to seeing other horses react how Shatter did that it never fazed him anymore.

G O L D I E
[mare] [lusitano] [tagged; rook]
              The mare had become involved with her own self, more specifically nipping at a scratch on her hind quarter, she disliked how rarely she was cleaned in this place.
              Back with her previous owners she was cared constantly, a brushing every day and washed down every week for one thing. However,
              she knew things here were different; she did not serve a purpose with these people. She wasn't for show anymore, all she was here for was to live and eat it seemed. Suddenly she was taken out of her thoughts by a loud whinny, her head snapped back to the front where her eyes landed on a quarter horse who she recognized as Rook from a brief introduction. She stood and walked over slowly,
              the entire time her head remained slightly lowered in case the stallion found himself in a particularly bad mood that day. She spoke softly as she approached him, "Your name is Rook, right?" Her head raised back to its normal position slowly as she continued on to her second question, "Are you okay?"
unnamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me