The Bitter Snows (v 1.2)

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

The Bitter Snows (v 1.2)

Postby munchqueen » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:24 pm

The legend of the SnowStar mountain tells of a mystical place near the peak that is, as many say, a heaven on earth.
A great many of your kind believe it is an old fairy tale, but you, fancying yourself as a traveler, have come to put
the matter at rest for yourself. After a long and exhausting day, you finally reach the base of of the mountain. As
you settle down for the night, you swear that you hear the whispers of a tattered voice echoing from the peak.
Just as you lay your head down on your paws, a lonely, cold howl flows up from the dark and ominous valley below.
As you slowly fall asleep, still profoundly disturbed by the howl, two voices ring through your head softly...

The bitter snows are no place to be when the dead of winter does come. Choose your fate before the sounds
of war begin to drum.

So, will you seek out the mysterious whispers and the place of legend, or does the sound of a real wolf's howl appeal
more than some dumb story? Whatever your fate may be, decide quickly...
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

This roleplay is a continuation of The Bitter Snows version 1 (which reached 900 pages and was remade) and version 1.1 (which became inactive and is being remade here).
v.1 | v. 1.1
discussion thread
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

The original owner and creator of this roleplay is Ammy2-56. Ammy2-56 wrote the intro and rules, and designed the thread and forms of the previous threads (and some of this one, as several patterns were reused).

When Ammy gave news of their leaving CS, they left the roleplay to these users;
♥ mira ♥, AthenasArtz, la baguette, Bℓυ ωιитєя, ~Misty, MyFairLady, and myself.
Last edited by munchqueen on Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules (v 1.2)

Postby munchqueen » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:53 pm

1. Tess' rules apply, obviously! Brush up on them here if you need to.

2. Be as active as possible, and notify me via the discussion thread if you will be away from more than a week or two.

3. No Mary/Gary Sue characters, and no power-playing or god-modding.

4. A character is allowed to attack only twice per post if he/she is in a fight. Make these realistic attacks, as power-playing takes the fun out of RPing for everyone involved!

5. Do not kill/mate with another person's character or characters without their permission.

6. Do not be your own mate/crush, and do not join the RP as a pregnant female character.

7. All wolves are straight (heterosexual). This is not an LGBT+ supportive roleplay.

8. Keep genders relatively even in the packs, if possible.

9. Keep cursing to a minimum! I will only tolerate "hell", "damn", and "crap", but please try to use these sparingly, if at all.

10. Write at least three full sentences per post, and use proper grammar. I understand writer's block, but three sentences isn't that hard to manage.

11. Post all forms and OOC on the discussion thread!

Last edited by munchqueen on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Characters

Postby munchqueen » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:47 am

D A R K S T O R M xP A C K

Alpha Female - Kali (munchqueen)
Alpha Male - [url=here]closed[/url]

Beta Female - [url=here]here (player)[/url]
Beta Male - Ajax (pills)

Healer - Koda (munchqueen)

Lead Hunter - [url=here]here (player)[/url]
Hunters - Alaska (pills)

Lead Fighter - Blaire (munchqueen)
Fighters - Ragnar (Athenasartz)
Bjorn (♛ Mist ♛)
Kecia (Athenasartz)

Lead Scout - [url=here]here (player)[/url]
Scouts - Rayne (♛ Mist ♛)

Pups - Minerva (Athenasartz)
Vandi (TheSatoDog)

Elders - [url=here]here (player)[/url]

Omegas - Spruce (_Minnow_)
S N O W S T A R xP A C K

Alpha Female - [url=here]closed[/url]
Alpha Male - [url=here]Hann (AthenasArtz)[/url]

Beta Female - [url=here]here (player)[/url]
Beta Male - [url=here]here (player)[/url]

Healer - Basil (g.oatmeal)

Lead Hunter - [url=here]here (player)[/url]
Hunters - Cherokee (♥ mira ♥)
Fresa (♥ mira ♥)
Spirit (Athenasartz)
Zelda (g.oatmeal)
Illiax (♛ Mist ♛)

Lead Fighter - Wilde (♥ mira ♥)
Fighters - Link (g.oatmeal)

Lead Scout - [url=here]here (player)[/url]
Scouts - Fille (♥ mira ♥)

Pups - Persephone (Athenasartz)
Zaavan (g.oatmeal)

Elders - [url=here]here (player)[/url]

Omegas - [url=here]here (player)[/url]

L O N E R S

Aiko (g.oatmeal)
Luna (StellaPup)
Sia (~ Misty)
Fang (~ Misty)
Last edited by munchqueen on Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:21 am, edited 12 times in total.
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Relationships

Postby munchqueen » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:03 am

P O S I T I V E xR E L A T I O N S
_______ and _______ are littermates (siblings of the same age).
_______ and _______ are siblings (siblings of different ages).
_______ and _______ are related (aunt/uncle, cousins, parents, etc.).
_______ is crushing on _______ (one way; may or may not be known by others).
_______ and _______ are crushing on each other (mutual; may or may not be known by others).
_______ and _______ are/were mates (together/broken-up since <page #/amount of time>).

Ragnar and Minerva are related (father/daughter).
Blaire and Koda are littermates.
Reaper and Kali are related (uncle/niece)
Wilde and Hann are crushing on each other.

N E G A T I V E xR E L A T I O N S
_______ dislikes _______ (one way; may or may not be known by others).
_______ and _______ dislike each other (mutual; may or may know be known by others).
_______ and _______ are enemies (mutual, intense hatred; generally known by others).
_______ is responsible for the death of _______ (<cause of death>, may or may not be known by others).

Hann and Kali are enemies.
Last edited by munchqueen on Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Map

Postby munchqueen » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:15 am

SnowStar mountain & valley
Snowstar camp
DarkStorm camp
River (boundary between both territories)
The areas in between are up to your imagination, but the above photos can be used as reference for the territories.
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Setting and Plot

Postby munchqueen » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:53 am

S E A S O N
It is currently Spring. The snow has melted in most places, prey is becoming more common, and the trees grow more green by the day. Aside from the spruce trees, of course; they're always green.

W E A T H E R
Most days, clouds are scattered across the skies, light grey and fluffy, and the sun shines warmly down on the mountain and valley. However, it rains often during the spring, and the sky has been grey and gloomy for several days now. It has begun to rain viciously, and although the Snowstars are safe in their homes lining the side of the mountain, the Darkstorms are threatened by the chance of a devastating flood.

C U R R E N T xE V E N T S
Hann and Kali are bitter enemies, and have been for quite some time. Driven out of the Snowstorm pack when she was young, after her father was murdered in front of her, Kali knows nothing but rage for Hann and his pack. In her plotting to exact her revenge and destroy the Snowstar pack for good, Kali has recruited one of her trusted pack members to infiltrate her enemy pack and learn as much as she can about the territory and it's weaknesses; her lead fighter, Blaire. After entering Snowstar territory injured and afraid, Hann took pity on the supposedly exiled wolf, and welcomed her into the Snowstar camp (although not unwarily). Blaire is working to earn their trust and become as close as she can to the pack, so she can gather the right intel without arousing suspicion.

I N xT H E xF U T U R E
After spending several months with the Snowstars (and accidentally falling for Hann in the process), Blaire's purpose for being in Snowstar territory is discovered and she is forced to flee. Blaire's return sparks preparation for the long-anticipated war between the packs, and tension builds as the Darkstorms rush to organize an invasion into enemy territory and the Snowstars scramble to prepare for the inevitable.
The battle finally happens in late Autumn, only a day after the first snowfall, whose pristine beauty is quickly soaked with blood. Although the Snowstars are the more ancient pack and have always had great advantages over the newly-formed Darkstorms, the determination and rage of Kali leaks into her pack and gives them strength. The tides quickly turn in Darkstorm favour, and Kali is finally close to her revenge; the death of Hann will witnessed by the spirits of their ancestors and be forever remembered. However, the mission that Blaire returned from only days earlier and the things she had discovered while amidst her enemies had the potential to lean the course of the war in either direction; in a moment of resolve, as she finally comes to accept what truly happened to her during the mission, Blaire strikes Kali down just as she is about to make the finishing move and end Hann's life forever. The two of them topple over the edge of a cliff, and after witnessing the unexpected event, the fighting wolves come to a sudden stop. As Hann rushes down the mountainside, Kali, delirious in her quickly fading state, mistakes Blaire for Hann and apologizes for everything she has done, a fleeting moment of clarity before she lets go of life. Blaire, however, whose injuries were more minimal than Kali's before the fall, lay unable to move in the bloodied snow as Hann arrives. Blaire passes on Kali's apology and forgiveness to Hann, knowing that is must be done in order to make peace between the packs, before finally passing away as the rest of the wolves arrive at the base of the cliff.

This will conclude version one of The Bitter Snows, and after wrapping up any interactions and the characters have grieved for their fallen comrades, it will lead into version two.
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Bitter Snows (v 1.2)

Postby munchqueen » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:21 am

bump
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sugarkitza » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:20 am

Hann
"Stay Firm. You'll Be Alright."
Male || 4 Years || SnowStar Alpha
Tagged;

Hann made his way around the camp, his tail feeling heavy as it dragged against the floor. The Alpha raised his head briefly and glanced around the spacious place. It was still quite early in the morning, and most wolves were either asleep, or dead, due to the sickness that seemed to have ravaged the forest. It was faded now, and very few wolves even had a cough yet, but many were lost.
He kept silent, releasing a calm sigh before his gaze broke away from the camp walls, and he trotted towards the entrance, slipping outside and into the chilly morning air.

Spirit
"Life Breaks You, So Stay Strong, My Dear"
Shewolf || 3 Years || SnowStar Huntress
Tagged;

Spirit sat up in her den, shaking out her overgrown fur coat. It wasn't messy, but the fur was long. Her muzzle trailed through the soft white pelt, and it wasn't long before the fae was pulling out any knots, or biting at them with her front teeth to loosen them up. Hearing a bird call, Spirit's snow white ears perked upwards, and her head tilted slightly. Her eyes felt heavy, despite having slept fairly well, all night long.
The Fae's head turned to the side, glancing at the seemingly forever empty space beside her. Shasta, her only sibling, had ocupied it breifly, but since his dispearance and concluded death, she was alone once again.

Persephone
"Rest, My Sweet. Mother Loves You."
Shewolf || 4 Months || SnowStar Pup
Tagged;

The young shepup shifted over, turning on her side. She slept peacefully, her tail curling and flicking gently against a few sprouting fronds of grass. Persephone turned over, belly up as she nestled close to the nearest shewolf.

Ragnar
"If You Poke The Beast, Be Prepared To Loose Something."
Male || 3.5 Years || DarkStorm
Tagged;

Ragnar laid near the center of camp, his maw around the hind leg of deer. It was a bone, and it had already been cleaned a few minutes before of any meat, and yet he kept gnawing on it to waste time. The large male shifted his weight, ignoring any wolf that neared or at least giving them a crooked glance. It was early, and he didn't need to get bothered, unless it was important.

Minerva
"Something Will Always Try To Stop You. Don't Let It."
Shewolf || 6 Months || DarkStorm Pup/Apprentice
Tagged;

Minerva was up a bit earlier than usual, carrying a stick in her jaws. She shook her head back and forth, amusement in her eyes. The young female wouldnt have been up just yet, if it hadnt been for her desire to practice. Seeing that she was a bit older, the Fae was able to begin practicing, learning to hunt and fight for the pack
She turned her head quickly, almost slapping a near by female in the leg. At the growl, her ears flattened and she was stunned briefly, before turning and running away in the oposite direction, playing just like before.

Khee
"Seek Truth and Peace. It Alone Will Sustain You."
Male || 3.5 || Loner/Rouge
Tagged;

Khee had jus returned to his den as the sun began to rise. His green eyes flashed as he glanced around the clearing, checking for any nearby wolves. After determining there were none, he slipped inside the old badger den with a fish hanging from his jaws. Khee laid in his sleeping place, taking a look at the two large piles of antlers he had. With a small shrug, he tore into his meal, only going to sleep when nothing edible remained.
My lovely son <3 Image
Mind clicking on my child Feraligator? He could use some love and it
would be much appreciated.

I have an Art Shop too!
Sugarkitza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waggy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:16 am

LINK
''le lupus sait''
❝death doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints.❞
brute / 3 years old / snowstar fighter
Link layed in his den,lost in thought as he stared into a blank wall.His eyes seemed intense and uneasy and before a few seconds,he growled at himself,eyes teary ''Sierra..Prince..'' Link whispered to himself.The quiet wolf snapped back to reality before walking out his den.

ROMEO
''El Diablo disfrazado''
❝she was beautiful in the way a forest fire is beautiful.❞
brute / 4 years old / rogue
Waking up with a harsh turn,Diablo heard a noise.It was coming from a bush near an oak tree.He growled and snarled slightly at the creature disturbing his silence,ready to put up a fight before realizing who it was.He saw a cream and ginger wolf gently come out her hiding spot with the softest smile to ever see,Romeo's face automatically softened,ears pierced down with a saddened expression,it was his sister.Kato was always the only one in this world who could calm Romeo down.The black as charcoal brute's legs moved swiftly but slowly through the snow before whispering ''where were you?'' with a nearly crying voice.

OAKLEY
'íogair'''
❝kiss it all better,i'm not ready to go.❞
brute / 2 years & 8 months / rogue
Oakley looked out his den to see beautiful snow covered mountains and evergreen forests.He decided to go fishing down the lake.

HAMILTON
''buntownik''
❝Missing you comes in waves,tonight i'm drowning.❞
fae / 2 years & 8 months / rogue
Ham was on the outskirts of the snowstar territory,she felt lonely and annoying people was the only way to socialize,atleast inher mind.She stepped inside and sat down next to a den,before yawning.

ZELDA

❝❞
wip
waggy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby munchqueen » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:22 am

Koda
|Fᴏᴜʀ ʏᴇᴀʀs ᴏʟᴅ|Mᴀᴛᴇ: None|Tᴀɢɢᴇᴅ: Ragnar

"Blaire, please..."

Koda hadn't seen his sister in several weeks. Perhaps it didn't seem long, to outsiders, but to Koda, it felt like forever. Despite the fact that Blaire wanted nothing to do with him, Koda missed her a lot; she had been the only wolf that meant anything to him for two and a half years of his life, and even after joining the Darkstorms, she still was. He didn't know what he would do without her, and she was slipping out of his grasp. Koda closed his eyes briefly, letting out a long, stressed breath. He then stood, emerging from his den.
"Good morning, Ragnar," he greeted as he trotted past the large brute. However, Koda didn't wait for a reply; Ragnar wasn't very social anyway, and he had only said it as a kind gesture. Among the wolves of the Darkstorm pack, excluding the pups, Koda was probably the warmest.

"You know that this isn't right!"

Blaire
| Fᴏᴜʀ ʏᴇᴀʀs ᴏʟᴅ|Cʀᴜsʜ: None|Tᴀɢɢᴇᴅ: None

"Shut up, Koda!"

Blaire rarely left the Snowstar camp, since she was sure she would raise suspicion if she left too often. After all, being an ex-Darkstorm, she wasn't very well liked; a few wolves had warmed up to her a bit, but the most they offered her was respect. The others seemed to prefer apathy, and, with some, hatred. Blaire had expected this, of course; she wasn't exactly a low ranked wolf when she was with the Darkstorms. It's easier to believe when a low-rank wolf was exiled, rather than a high-ranked one.
"Just shut up!"
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me