Harmony stables (OPEN)

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

Drama idea

Poll ended at Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:22 pm

A mustang herd shows up
36%
Massive thunder storm
No votes
Trail ride
No votes
Massive thunderstorm during a trail ride
18%
Riders get lost in the woods
9%
Riders get lost in the woods, during a trail rider, in a thunderstorm
No votes
A cavein, trapping riders in the cave
18%
A fire
18%

Total votes : 11

Re: Harmony stables (OPEN)

Postby Lady_Lycana » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:22 am

"Well, take your time. With a horse like him, rushing can make things worse." She said looking at the Black. He was a curious stallion and probably came from either a wild background or was trained wrong. Eventually, she knew he would be able to be worked with but not any time soon

Grimm snorted and watched the stallion. After a few minutes, he began to graze on the little bit of grass at the fence, his eyes never leaving the Black
Join my giveaways!
Lycana's Giveaways - April 2009 Very Rare
══════════════════════
Image/ Lycana / She/Her / Libra / Image

I see the gutter,
Feed on the foolish,
Outrun and kill the strong.
At daybreak, I roam,
Awake to who follows me.
I roam, I roam,
I am the hungry wolf.
(By: John Doe & Exene Cervenka)
©

Image/ Name / Pronoun / Image
══════════════════════
Lady_Lycana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lexa-the-wolf » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:55 pm

(sorry for short and horrible posts. Something happened on a website I'm management on, and its just got me all riled)

Lexa

Lexa chuckled, as her crystal blue eyes fell upon her horse. She had to admit, the horse was beautiful. She didn't mind looking at the horses, she just didn't want to be to close to them.

Adam

Adam nodded, as he watched the horse kick and buck. It was like he was putting on a show for everyone to see. "If you don't mind, I may ask you to help every now and then. My father doesn't want me going in his pen alone, so I would have to have someone with me."
I'm a dog musher, in the United States. I mostly do sprint but plan on doing a few mid-distance races.
Lexa-the-wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady_Lycana » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:41 pm

"Thats fine. I can help you with him." She smiled. This young boy had as much spunk as the stallion did. He really cared for this horse and she wondered about the equines background
Join my giveaways!
══════════════════════

I see the gutter,
Feed on the foolish,
At daybreak, I roam,
Awake to who follows me.
I roam, I roam,
I am the hungry wolf.
©

══════════════════════
Lady_Lycana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Piper Scott ☘ Manager/Instructor | Pragmatic • Honor

Postby OutFoxed » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:05 pm

Piper Scott

Full Name: Piper Scott

Eyes: Hazel
    Hair Color: Brown
    Hair Style: Mid-Back Length, naturally wavy, often kept up.
    Skin: Tanned and freckly
    Height: 5'4
    Weight: 145 lbs.
    Build: Medium Petite
    Modifications: Ears pierced

Horses: Pragmatic; Huntsman
    Discipline: English; Huntseat; Hunters/Jumpers, Cross Country, Dressage
    Training: Up to 4'9" Fences, Prix St George, Pre-lim
    Colors: Purple, Lavender, Silver, White, Black
    Position: Barn Manager & Riding Instructor

Personality: Quiet, Calm, Observant, Hardworking, Strict, Comforting, Kind, Caring,
    History: Piper grew up around horses; she was riding before walking and started showing competitively when she was just six years old. Her main focus in her early years was in the English Pleasure ring, then branched out to the Hunter ring. She made it to the Maclay Finals during her sophomore year in High School. During her gap year after high school, she went to England and found a new love in the field - she started competing in Cross Country and would join Hunt Clubs occasionally. Coming back to the States for a bachelor's degree in Business Management with a minor in Equine Science. She met her husband in her senior year of university when he stumbled upon an Equestrian Team meeting. He kept cropping up at different equine events and offered to help at multiple shows as her personal groom. Martin courted her and two years later proposed to her with the horse she had been training - buying it for her and presenting it to her. They married a year later. She joined Harmony Stables in it's early years and has been happily managing and teaching lessons ever since.
    Dislikes: Thunderstorms, Dirty Tack, Unruly Children, Naughty Ponies
    Secrets: She is pregnant with her first child - 4 Months
    Goals: To train the next generation of riders to be the best horseman possible.

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
    Relationship Status: Married
    Significant Other: Martin Scott DVM
    Sister: Abby
    Hometown: Richmond VA

Show Name: Pragmatic
Barn Name: Pragmatic - Prag, Problematic
Breed: Thoroughbred

Coat Color: Bay
Markings: Two Hind Socks, Full Blaze
Eye Color: Coffee
Height: 16.2 HH

Personality: A total goofball and attention hog. Prag is photogenic and will do anything for a treat. He doesn't have a mean bone in his body, but is spirited and playful. Under saddle, he is businesslike and will buckle down to work hard - even on things he doesn't love like dressage. He loves when the students take him out and love on him, or let him free lunge. Carrots, Peppermints, Carrot Cake, and Chocolate Chip Cookies are among his favorite foods - and straight sugar cubes.
History: Piper acquired Prag through her husband's practice at a time when she didn't realize she needed another horse. She had just graduated university and was trying to make a name for herself in the industry. The gangly five year old of course was in need of love and attention. He was an unfinished, untested thoroughbred, who didn't quite make it on the race track. He was in desperate need of a new home and a new job. With a lot of TLC, Piper brought the gelding to working condition and then worked him through his paces. She found out what a wonderful horse he was, full of personality, and talent. He is her young competition horse.
Dislikes: Dressage; Collection; Coffin Jumps; Stall Rest

Discipline: Eventing; Jumpers
Training: Up to Training level Eventing; 4'6 Jumps;
Strengths: Jumpers - Bold, Bascule, Scope
Weaknesses: Dressage - Collection, Passage, Piaffe

Tack: Leather Halter, Lead, Jumping Saddle, Dressage Saddle, Working Saddle Pad, Cross Country Saddle Pad, Half Pad, Girth, Belly Guard, Dressage Girth, Jumping Bridle, Dressage Bridle, Pelham Bit, Full Cheek Bit, Three Ring Bit, Running Martingale, Breastplate, Tendon Boots - front & hind, Galloping boots, Bell Boots, Stable Blanket, Cooler.

Show Name: Huntsman
Barn Name: Honor
Breed: British Warmblood

Coat Color: Seal Black
Markings: Left Hind Fetlock
Eye Color: Mocha
Height: 16 HH

Personality: Stoic, Sweet, Gentle, Wise, Schoolmaster
History: Hunter was Piper's one-in-a-lifetime horse. He's been with her through everything from high school, university, boyfriends and her husband. He was even in her wedding! He taught her so much about life and riding. He was her competition horse when she rode through the Medal Finals, and also her trusted mount in parades and on overnight trail rides. He's a true schoolmaster.
Dislikes: Thunderstorms, Young Foals, Ignorant Riders

Discipline: Hunters/Jumpers - Although just about everything
Training: Advanced Dressage, Jumping (3'6), Side Saddle, Field Hunting, Cow Work
Strengths: Schoolmaster - dressage and field work
Weaknesses: Jumping - he's getting older and can't do the tall jumps or wide spreads, Arthritis in his legs
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lexa-the-wolf » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:23 am

(Accepted, thank you for joining)

Adam

He rubbed the back of his neck, the hot sun was starting to make him sweat. "I think I may work him after lunch. I don't know about you, but I'm getting a bit hungry. I was thinking of making some tuna sandwiches and some lemonade for everyone."
I'm a dog musher, in the United States. I mostly do sprint but plan on doing a few mid-distance races.
Lexa-the-wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady_Lycana » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:28 am

"I have to go turn him out to pasture for a bit then I may take him out for a run." She looked at him. Though, she wanted to help with the Black, she thought it would be better to get to know the horse and find out where his boundaries were

The stallion shifted his weight and watched the jet black before dipping his head to graze
Join my giveaways!
══════════════════════

I see the gutter,
Feed on the foolish,
At daybreak, I roam,
Awake to who follows me.
I roam, I roam,
I am the hungry wolf.
©

══════════════════════
Lady_Lycana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lexa-the-wolf » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:37 am

Adam

Adam nodded, "okay, sounds good. I'll be up at the house, making some food if you need to find me. If you haven't eaten by the time everyone is done, I can bring you a sandwich... that is if, I'm able to find you." He glanced over to where his sister was at, "LEXA!" He yelled, causing both the poor girl and The Black to jump in surprise. "Food," he said make to her, getting a nod in response.
Lexa-the-wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady_Lycana » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:41 am

She smiled and led Grimm to a paddock next to the Black. The moment the halter came off, he was like a wild horse, bolting into the paddock. She watched him for a few minutes before looking at The Black.

Grimm snorted and galloped into the pasture. Freedom. At least, for a little while
Join my giveaways!
══════════════════════

I see the gutter,
Feed on the foolish,
At daybreak, I roam,
Awake to who follows me.
I roam, I roam,
I am the hungry wolf.
©

══════════════════════
Lady_Lycana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OutFoxed » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:50 am

Piper Scott
    Female
    Prag • Honor
    Barn
It was a bit later than she would have liked, the morning had been a tough one with a head ache and light nausea keeping her from wanting the day to start. It was late morning by the time the room had stopped spinning and she felt well enough to hunt through her clothes for a pair of jeans and a Harmony Stables long sleeve shirt. She paired it with a light quilted vest and comfortable clogs. Her feet ached too much to stuff them into boots and there was no way she was shimmying into breeches.

Piper walked into the barn, her oversized bag weighing down her right shoulder; she didn't see anyone as she made her way down the aisle, so she assumed they might be outside. The barn manager settled herself into the old leather desk chair and began sorting through the documents left on her notebook; some bills easily sorted, the farrier list, and the day's scheduled lessons. Nothing too serious or pressing to be handled immediately. Piper left the barn office in search of her two hooligans - whom she guessed were outside in the pastures. Unfortunately, nature called and she had to take a detour back to the barn for the restroom.

[Hi,
sorry for the wait - life is sometimes unpredictable.
I'll be on for awhile tonight - if anyone else is :]
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lexa-the-wolf » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:02 am

(It's all good, I understand fully about life being unpredictable.)

Adam

He gave the girl a goodbye nod, before walking over to where his little sister was at. He put his arm around the young girl. The girls eyes reminded him of his mother, heck the young girl looked just like their mom. The girls dirty blond hair was so close to their mothers light blond hair. Both Lexa and their mom had brown eyes. Every time he looked at Lexa, his heart ached for his mother.

"I'm about to make some lunch, I know you're bound to be hungry." He said, getting a quick nod in response. "I don't the others will be coming in to eat, so I'll be making some tuna sandwiches and I'll hand them out. While I'm' doing that, you could make some cookies." The girls face lit up like a firework. "I know you had been talking about wanting to make cookies for a long time."

Mike/27/tags: open

Mike came out of the house, with a ice cold water bottle in his left hand. He glanced up at the outdoor thermometer, it read 70 degrees F, which wasn't to bad. A light breeze caught the brim of his hat, almost knocking it off. He mumbled under his breath, as he adjusted the strap under his chin, to prevent his hat from blowing away. The sound of Adam's voice brought a small smile to his lips. Even though Adam was still a kid, he would do anything for his sister.

He have the two kids a small nod, before heading off towards the barn. His plan for today, was to find his Air Lite Synthetic Saddle. If he was able to find it, he had planned to take his palomino mustang mare, Blaze out. If finding the saddle was a no go, he would take out his Paint Gelding, Akatora. Akatora was seven years older then Blaze, and had a lot more miles under him. He was the perfect type of horse to ride bareback.

Once Mike made it into the stable, he scanned over the saddle rack in the tack room. If he didn't know any better, he would say there was fifty million saddles in this place. In his opinion some of the saddles should be thrown out. There was a old worn out brown saddle that no one used. It was just laying on the floor collecting dust. Mike had been in there last last night, while he was fumbling with the light switch, he had heard something small like a mouse running towards that old worn out saddle. Most likely that saddle was home to a mouse, maybe even more. Mike was a strong brave man, but when it came to mice, he would rather run away hen deal with it.
Lexa-the-wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me