foxes of the forest {not accepting} V.2

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

foxes of the forest {not accepting} V.2

Postby Chamomiled » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:58 am

2014-08-20-11-01-15.jpg
2014-08-20-11-01-15.jpg (49.27 KiB) Viewed 788 times
HELLO AND WELCOME :D

"Hello my name is percy i am the leader and who might you be?WHAT ALONE?!?!you are welcome to stay with us"

RULES
Tesses rules apply
Fade when needed
Please use " " when your character(s) are talking
Use ( ) when occ
PLEASE dont mention any other animals without my permission

FOURM
name:
Gende:

Fox's Life
Foxes are a very territorial animal. They will defend their dens especially in the spring or summer when fox kits are born. Often cats and foxes will cross eacthother's path, sometimes there is a confrontation. Usually urban foxes will retreat from the cats knowing that a human in nearby and probably will defend the cat. Foxes are usually injure by cats, and rarely is it the other way around.

Mating

Foxes find a mate and will usually only mate with that one. They'll share a territory and will live near eachother only durning mating season and when there are new born kits. Othe times of the year, they'll live seperately and hunt alone. During late winter and early spring, they'll start to live closer and prepare for the mating season. Though nature only allows a breif window for the foxes to mate, usually it's only a three day period. The vixen will decide when the time is right and if she does not feel that the time is right, she'll force the male fox off. The male fox may attempt many times before the vixen will finally decide to mate.

Fox Kits

Fox kits are born sometime through Febuary to April, depends on the climate. The kits are born blind and deaf and the vixen will care stay at their side for two days. She will cannot hunt during those days while she's caring for the ktis, so her mate will bring back food to the den.

After two weeks of birth, the kits will open their eyes. They start to walk and crawl around the den to explore. They usually won't go outside of the den when they are this young. If they do, they'll usually stop and cry out for their mother to come get them and bring them back.

At anytime, if one of the fox kits get some kinda of disease or infection, the vixen will take the kit away from the rest and leave it there so that no other kit get sick. This case is rare, usually if you find an abadoned kit, the parents could have been killed or it has wondered too far away from the den for the vixen to hear the calls.if another vixen claimed to be the mother the real mother would snap and take back the kit

After about a month of age, the kits will be introduced to outside of the den by the vixen. They'll explore and start to use their noses and ears. Again, if they go to far, they'll cry out for the vixen. They'll stop feeding of the vixen's milk and start to eat solid food, though they still can't hunt. The male fox will bring food back to the den like when he did for the vixen but this time it'll be for the kits.

The kits will learn how to hunt by playing games with eachother, pouncing, biting, scratching, crounching, jumping, etc. At five weeks of age, the vixen stops nursing them and she'll lay on her stomach when the kits approach so that they learn to find their own food and take solid food more seriously.

In the second month, a social class is built among the kits. They'll play more aggresivily and start to fight over food. They'll fight, push and scream at eachother for a long time, sometimes it can last up to ten days to solve the matter. At the end, the alpha kit will take over the kits and get first meals from the male fox. Though, for their survival, the vixen will usually seperate the food so that all kits get to eat.

After the ten days of fighting with eachother, they'll become friends again and start playing and practicing their hunting skills. They'll start to explore further away from the den but won't go outside of the family's territory, the know to avoid other foxes and predators that might linger outside of the territory.

During the summer, the fox kits start to hunt for themselves. They have learned much from the games and start hunting bugs, birds, mice and eat berries. As the summer comes to an end, they will be chased off by the parents so that they can seek their own territory. In this time of their life, most do not survive.

Territory Searching

Most foxes don't survive while searching for a new territory. They'll look for a long time, sniffing the ground to see if the territiory is already occupied or not. Fights will break out between foxes over territory. During a fight over a territory, the two foxes will go on their hind legs, put their front paws on eachothers shoulders and try to push the other one over. If the previous owner of the territory has a mate nearby, the mate might be called to help chase of the newcomer.

The fights usually end when the other one has fallen over, usually the fox that's looking for a territory will lose to the one that is guarding its terrirtory. Then the fox will continue on its way to find a territory.

When the fox finally finds its territory, it will start to look for a mate. When another fox is found to be a possible mate, the male fox will chase the vixen in a game, sort of a date if you wish to call it that. And if the vixen chooses that this is the right male, they will become life partners.

When a mate is found, the two foxes will share the territory, help fight off other foxes but won't live near eachother. They'll hunt independantly until the mating season comes. Mating calls can be heard around the spring time and is often mistaken for a scream. The foxes will mate and kit's will be born again and the life cycle goes around again.

Behavior
Foxes are generally a peaceful creature. They tend to avoid confrontations with other animals or pets.

Foxes have been believed to kill chickens and livestock for pleasure and sport. That's completelly untrue. If they are able to get into a hen house, they kill the chickens, eat what it needs and will go cache the rest for later use. But I did say if they get in. Foxes will not ruin a chicken fence nor dig under it to get in because they usually don't know what is inside the hen house nor have they seen a hen before. The only way a fox can get inside the perimeter fence around your hen house, is if you are not taking care of it properely. The fault does not fall upon the fox, but it falls upon yourself.

Foxes are also believed to kill livestock like sheep. Foxes are also scavengers, they will eat any food that they can come across. If they come across a dead lamb, then they will be eating lamb chops for that day. The lamb was most likely killed by a disease, injury or by another animal and the fox is just eating whatever it can to stay alive.

Foxes are ominvores and will eat fruit and vegetables. If you're growing something in your garden, then be sure to put up a fence around it. There are many ways to keep a fox out of your garden other than the easy way out, poison.

Personality:

THANKS FOR JOINING
Last edited by Chamomiled on Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:40 am, edited 8 times in total.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
╔═══════════════╗

xxx【𝟙𝟠+】❀【𝕊𝕙𝕖/𝕙𝕖𝕣】
Hi there! Back on cs after a few
years. Super into video games,
shows & music! Always willing
to make new friends & trade c:

x𝔸𝕦𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤】 ❀【𝕔𝕠𝕕𝕖𝕣

╚═══════════════╝

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
Chamomiled

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: foxes of the forest {new and accepting} please join V.2

Postby Chamomiled » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:16 am

Percy looked around and looked for luna and the pups

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
╔═══════════════╗

xxx【𝟙𝟠+】❀【𝕊𝕙𝕖/𝕙𝕖𝕣】

x𝔸𝕦𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤】 ❀【𝕔𝕠𝕕𝕖𝕣

╚═══════════════╝

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
Chamomiled

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby northerenhowl » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:58 am

Luna ran to Percy and licked him all over his face... "I missed you!"
This is my first orb cat done by ❄️Snowstar❄️. My orb cats name is Jade.
northerenhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chamomiled » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:59 am

"i was wondering where you where!"he licked her face

lilly nuzzled her mom with jade

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
╔═══════════════╗

xxx【𝟙𝟠+】❀【𝕊𝕙𝕖/𝕙𝕖𝕣】

x𝔸𝕦𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤】 ❀【𝕔𝕠𝕕𝕖𝕣

╚═══════════════╝

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
Chamomiled

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby northerenhowl » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:04 am

Luna smiled. "Owe well."

Jade barked a cheerful bark, and started to hop around.
northerenhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chamomiled » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:06 am

"the kits where starving...and they...well drank from rocky"he looked away hoping she would be ok "i love you honey..." he nuzzled her

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
╔═══════════════╗

xxx【𝟙𝟠+】❀【𝕊𝕙𝕖/𝕙𝕖𝕣】

x𝔸𝕦𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤】 ❀【𝕔𝕠𝕕𝕖𝕣

╚═══════════════╝

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
Chamomiled

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chamomiled » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:13 am

ajalisaiscool wrote:"the kits where starving...and they...well drank from rocky"he looked away hoping she would be ok "i love you honey..." he nuzzled her

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
╔═══════════════╗

xxx【𝟙𝟠+】❀【𝕊𝕙𝕖/𝕙𝕖𝕣】

x𝔸𝕦𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤】 ❀【𝕔𝕠𝕕𝕖𝕣

╚═══════════════╝

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
Chamomiled

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby northerenhowl » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:14 am

Luna nuzzled him baxk. "I love you too." She then lay down and the pups began to suckle.
northerenhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chamomiled » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:18 am

lilly suckled and accedently bit her with her only two teeth

percy watched the pups suckle

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
╔═══════════════╗

xxx【𝟙𝟠+】❀【𝕊𝕙𝕖/𝕙𝕖𝕣】

x𝔸𝕦𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤】 ❀【𝕔𝕠𝕕𝕖𝕣

╚═══════════════╝

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
Chamomiled

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby northerenhowl » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:26 am

Luna smiled with joy. "I can't wait to have more."
Jade tail was thumping hard.
northerenhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me