New Hope (Foster Home RolePlay) O&A

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: New Hope (Foster Home RolePlay) O&A

Postby Consulting_Angel » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:26 pm

Nikolai Hale
17|Male|Foster
Tagged: Open/Various Mentions
7am. Nikolai was awake before he heard the calls of Jamie waking up everyone else in the house to alert them for breakfast. He got himself out of bed and dressed, wearing black jeans, and a black collared shirt, leaning against the bed as and when he needed, and ran a brush back through his hair, getting ready for the day ahead. He was still quite amazed that he and his sister were still at New Hope, and that Jamie and his wife hadn't gotten sick of them just yet - especially Nikolai, he didn't like feeling as though he was a burden, which is how it had felt in every other foster home. Being here for two years should count for something, though, right?
Anyway, Nikolai considered 7am to be a little too early to wake up. He'd rather get an extra two or three hours of sleep, but... given it was the rules of the house, he followed them, if grudgingly. Then, after he finished getting ready for the day, he settled into his wheelchair, and made sure he had all the stuff he needed for school, all tucked into the compartment under his seat. Finally, he left his room, grateful for the door being extra wide so he was able to fit through in his wheelchair without it being too difficult.

He made his way to the kitchen, where he saw most of the other fosters had already arrived. Nikolai glanced around, spotting his sister, but he didn't approach her just yet. They didn't need to be around each other all the time, after all, but it was more comfortable to be around actual family. "Good morning..." he had greeted Jamie quietly, before the foster father had left for the barn, and then he moved to get some breakfast, taking a plate, and having look at what had been made. Ah - biscuits and gravy. Well, he could just take the biscuits without the gravy. He took a couple, and chose to forgo the orange juice and coffee, and then went over to the dining table. It seemed most of the others were already having their own conversations among each other, so he remained silent, and ate quietly near the table instead.

Lyra Hale
17|Female|Foster
Tagged: Open/Various Mentions
Lyra was still asleep at 7:30am, long after Jamie had gone around to call everyone awake, and even sleeping through the others in the room getting themselves up and ready. She didn't like having to wake up early, and would always try and get the extra minute of sleep in for as long as she could. Sure, sometimes that meant she missed breakfast and might be a minute or two late for school or whatever, but she entirely accepted that. Anyway, after the other girls had left the bedroom, Lyra finally rolled out of bed. She got dressed, wearing dark blue jeans, an emerald green peplum top and a black and white plaid shirt she tied around her waist. Then, she brushed through her hair and tied it up in a high ponytail, and she did her makeup - shimmery dark green and matte brown eyeshadow, mascara and a light pink lipstick. She took her time, barely looking at the clock, and only when she was ready did she leave the room and make her way downstairs to the kitchen.

It seemed that breakfast was in full swing by the time she got there. She spotted her brother, Nikolai, was already eating, and most of the other fosters were also already in conversation and having their breakfast. Well, at least she hadn't missed breakfast today. Lyra walked into the kitchen, with a cheery, general, "Good morning!" and a warm smile to everyone. Taking a look at what had been made for breakfast, she grimaced a little. "Just biscuits for me, then." she commented, and took a couple of them, as well as a glass of orange juice, before going to sit down at the table. "Morning guys~" Lyra said, as she sat down.

Morgan Astra
24|Nonbinary|Staff
Tagged: Jamie
Morgan was already awake and ready, their hair tied up into a couple of space buns, and wearing a light blue polo shirt, and dark blue jodhpurs. They weren't intending to ride any of the horses, of course, but it was an outfit comfortable and flexible enough to work in while outside. Especially in this sort of weather and while working with the horses. They knew that it was very early to be up and helping, especially as Jamie wasn't at the barn yet at the time. Besides, they hadn't started anything huge, just fed the horses and made sure they all had clean, fresh drinking water, as well as ensuring the haynets were full. Given there were quite a few horses, and going back and forth to various places while doing the chores multiple times took quite a bit of time, Morgan glanced at their watch after finishing the last haynet, figuring it was around the right time for Jamie to be arriving at the barn now as well. So, they went towards the doors of the barn, taking a step back as they were opened. "Good morning, Jamie." Morgan greeted the foster father, "I've already taken the liberty of feeding the horses, refreshing their waters and haynets as well." They informed him, with a warm smile and gesturing back to the stalls.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Samantha Edgewater || post three

Postby ~Raining Fire~ » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:36 am

samantha Edgewater

Samantha nodded as Jamie gave them instructions to finish their meal, clean up and head over to the barn. Samantha couldn't help the small smile of excitement showing on her face, any time she got to spend at the barn was amazing to her. Finishing her biscuit and the last sip of her drink, she wiped her mouth before excusing herself from the table. The plate was picked up and brought to the trash can to discard any remains of food and her napkin. Once cleaned she brought the plate to the sink, giving it a quick wash and set inside the dishwasher.

She washed her hands quickly before heading out the back door and making her way towards the barn. The warm rays of light hit her face as she walked, Samantha just couldn't help but to smile. As she watched Jamie open the barn doors, she looked to see Morgan on the other side of them as the door opened "Good morning Morgan!" Samantha greeted them warmly. She walked into the barn, taking in the smell. To some - the barn would have a horrible smell, but to Samantha it smelt amazing. All of her worries went away here.

Walking towards the stalls, she waved at the horses peeking their heads over the stall doors "Good morning everyone" she greeted the horses before stopping before her horse's stall. The plaque on the door read "Midnight's Syren" the official, unofficial show name she had given the mare. Samantha pushed the stall door open enough to fit inside and grinned at the black horse in front of her "Hello my girl!" she greeted before giving Syren a scratch behind the ears.
Last edited by ~Raining Fire~ on Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

【Syren】

Rest in greener pastures
Syren. 06.18.2023

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway."
- John Wayne.

~Raining Fire~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New Hope (Foster Home RolePlay) O&A

Postby rheia » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:14 am

-- 𝙣𝙞𝙖𝙡𝙡 '𝙘𝙖𝙡' 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙝𝙖𝙣
        xxxxxxixxiixxxxxxx [ seventeen ] [ bisexual ] [ kitchen/stables ] [ tags: jamie, samantha, morgan ]

At the comment on his lateness, Niall had simply shrugged at his foster parent. "I'm a growing boy, I need my sleep." Though the words rolled off his tongue bluntly, a cheeky grin gave him away. He began to eat from the plate in front of him, grabbing a biscuit as Jamie gave his mini-speech about the day ahead. It seemed like there was always a busy day ahead and not nearly enough hours in the day for the things he actually wanted to do, but that was life, he supposed. Still, he couldn't complain about kicking the day off with Achilles - it was always his favourite start to a morning. The teen's breakfast didn't stand a chance; he scoffed it almost as quickly as he had sat down and was quickly bouncing up out of his seat to rinse his plate.

With a spring in his step, he was hot on Samantha's heels towards the barn. "Oi, wait up!" He called after her, breaking into a light jog until he came to the girl's side just as she reached the doors. The smell of the barn washed over Niall as the doors were opened, every muscle in his body relaxing as it did so. It smelled of home, never failing to make him miss his dad a little less when he was here. As he walked in alongside Samantha, the short teen noticed that Morgan was already inside. They did a great job with the horses, triggering a slight touch of jealousy in him at times as Achilles often seemed to be picking favourites that weren't him.

"Morning, Morgan!" His greeting was beamed at them, despite his jealous touch he did greatly appreciate the time they took to look after all of the horses. As he walked through the barn towards Achilles' stall, slender fingers waggled themselves at the noses of each horse he passed by. Some nuzzled at his fingers playfully, others simply ignored him, though it did not deter him from doing it every time. After a few moments with each horse, he moved on down the barn until he reached his own stall. "G'morning Achilles, gimme a kiss!" His sentence ended with a kissy noise, to which the warmblood responded by flipping his top lip back in a 'smile'. To-date, it was the only trick he'd been successful in teaching but it always made him smile.

rheia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me