โ€” โœง ๐‚๐Ž๐”๐‘๐“ ๐Ž๐… ๐†๐€๐‹๐‹๐€๐•๐€๐ โ™” medieval rp โ™” O&A

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

โ€” โ™  โ™  โ™  ๐‘๐Ž๐๐„๐‘๐“ ๐–๐Ž๐‹๐…๐„; 003

Postby cKy » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:09 am

๐‘๐Ž๐๐„๐‘๐“ ๐–๐Ž๐‹๐…๐„ โ™ xxxxโ™  butler โ™  he/him โ™  location: outside; the woods โ™  tagged; bero โ™ 
    Relevant history. It was a murky term, and Robert could see the knight was at least a little bit perplexed. It was a murky term, meaning fuzzy and unclear, and Robert liked it that way. His mother's demise wasn't a secret, but it wasn't like he went around parading it to anyone who would listen; it made him uncomfortable, and cagey. The words were a strange choice, maybe, but it felt better to distance himself in a way he could control from her death; he loathed the way his shoulders would raise and his face would scrunch up when a conversation about her went any other way than he wanted it to. If he said 'relevant history', he could pretend he was past it; he had mourned, and moved on. Had he, though? He couldn't tell; his feelings were as meek and slippery as his words.

Robert smiled softly as they fell into step. He recalls, as a child, asking for his mother and his friends or peers to walk in step with him, it was nice. Musical, almost.
    On that thought, he took a moment to think of the sounds around him; footfalls, in unison; the wind, softly, and the leaves brushing against each other as trees swayed. And, what was that? A third set of footfalls...? Robert shook the thought away; must be a rabbit, or something.

"Yes, easy on me;" Robert laughed. "I might be able to... defame you, I s'pose, but you get one good nick in, and that's me done!" Robert spoke with his hands, crossing them over to accentuate his final word, grinning as he spoke.
    An epic, the Bear and the Poet. Robert briefly pondered what it might be about. Maybe a bear, in the literal sense? And the poet who shows a softer side to the cruel reign of humans, and pens pretty words describing the thing's fur, and it's eyes, and the way it grabs from the river so easily-- and how many months it took for the bear to perfect the way it angled its great big paws to the river.
    Maybe, like now, the title of Bear was a metaphor, for a grizzled, jaded warrior, soul hardened by years of fighting in a coliseum for the wealthy elite. The Poet, maybe, someone who was not poisoned with contempt, who saw the little details and is fascinated by the Bear's scars.
    Perhaps the epic of the Bear and the Poet simply didn't exist; and it was up to Robert to grab his pen and try his hand at prose once more.

"I'm not wrong," Robert smiled. He was half-aware that the way he saw the world was different at best, but he had no other choice; he had always seen man as another animal, perhaps only even briefly disconnected from the rest due to, what, apposable thumbs and the ability to communicate with one another.
    Given enough time, Robert thinks, any animal could have taken the role of the human.
    Ants and bees, especially, have wonderful infrastructure; a social hierarchy, and not even one that leaves those at the bottom without food or necessities. All members of a hive or nest had their roles; their jobs, and they all worked for the good of the collective. Not only could they have filled the role of humans, had they enough time, Robert also guessed they could surpass humans easily enough.
    Robert loved to observe insects; had ever since he was young. He found it easy to draw connections between the structured society of the critters and the one he himself lived in, and found it fascinated. He began to seek out books about them, to learn as much as he possibly could.
    As he grew, he began to notice the differences, big and small. It had definitely shaped the way he looked at the world.

Robert was slightly taken aback at Bero's statement. He... well, he certainly wasn't a liar when he said that. Robert was unusual. He just thought at length about how the society of ants and bees and how it compares and contrasts to human society.
    Robert listened intently as he elaborated.
    Brainpower, philosophy. Maybe he could just spout out the craziest theories about life and consciousness that Bero would simply cease to be, or something. Robert grinned.
    "I suppose it is. The great behemoth of nature is, maybe, the final authority on all that happens in this world." Maybe, he pondered, we as human beings are taking some of that power that nature holds. Maybe we should give it back, he thought. Maybe it's not rightfully ours.

It was something to think about as he crushed leaves beneath his feet, something to think about as the tree they hailed from reached far above his head and into the sky.
cKy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: โ€” โœง ๐‚๐Ž๐”๐‘๐“ ๐Ž๐… ๐†๐€๐‹๐‹๐€๐•๐€๐ โ™” medieval rp โ™” O&A

Postby enby » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:14 pm

โ™›๐‘€๐ผ๐‘…๐ด๐ต๐ธ๐ฟ ยป ๐‘ โ„Ž๐‘’/โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ
    โ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒ
    xxโ™• 19 | princess | tagged; Diana โ™•

Mirabel held her hands together happily and raised her shoulders a bit into her cheeks ''I have a bit of friend's outside of the court and such! I love making friends with people! And I'm friends with a lot of the workers here!'' She laughed a bit and played her dress a tad ''Sometimes, people come from far away to visit here, and I'm friends with them as well... I'm friends with really anyone! If they'll allow me to become friends!'' She laughed a bit and frowned her eyebrows gently.

''I love the stable hands though! They're all so kind and friendly, and I share my love for horses with them a lot!!'' She put her hands on her cheeks gently and smiled a bit more, her cheeks flushing with joy ''I do spoil my horses often! I love them dearly, they're like my babies!'' She added and laugh a bit, her head tipping as she tucked some of her hair out of her face behind her ear. ''Do you have any pets at all? Or do you want a pet someday?'' She asked with a curious expression across her face.

She swayed a bit from side to side, the heels of her shoes twisting into the floor as she watched the kitchen workers gently and waited for Diana to reply and for the twos food to be done- mentioning once and a while to the workers to be careful and to not work themselves too hard, she cared for everyone in the kingdom no matter how big or small their job was she would always look out for their safety and make sure they weren't tiring themselves out despite it being their job to work hard, she didn't want them to work themself to exhaustion.

''The food should be done soon! They work quickly, I hate how they seem to push themself all so hard, but I can't do much about it sadly... If my father knew they weren't working as he intended he'd probably get upset with them.'' She shook her head a bit gently and crossed her arms a bit, she loved her family deeply of course but didn't agree much on the ways they felt about workers sometimes, and often wished they'd treat the people that were doing everything for them more kindly.
enby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: โ€” โœง ๐‚๐Ž๐”๐‘๐“ ๐Ž๐… ๐†๐€๐‹๐‹๐€๐•๐€๐ โ™” medieval rp โ™” O&A

Postby sunhorsestar » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:22 am

Shawn Robin | Stablehand | Tagging: Desmond

Shawn was quiet for a while, trying to read Desmond's face, with nothing in the way of luck. So he only nodded in response. He couldโ€™ve insisted, but he didnโ€™t see the point. It would only push further than was fair. The last thing he wanted to do was put pressure on anyone. All he could do was extend the offer, and he genuinely wouldnโ€™t mind if his coworker had wanted to take him up on it. He shot Desmond a smile. "Well, I hope you feel better sooner rather than later, and if you change your mind, hey, the offer is still open."

Karter Zael | Knight | Tagging: Effie

"Wait wait wait, really? Youโ€™ve never seen a waterfall? Oh my god, then I have to show you! C'mon!" Karter gently tugged on Effie's hand and started to half pull them towards the waterfall, with its sparkling pool and grove of flowers surrounding it. And the sound of rushing water had been pleasant, drowning out his worries last Karter had been there, which was saying a lot when it came to him. "Itโ€™s so amazin' there I canโ€™t not show ya! I dunno how many other peopleโ€™ve been there, but for meโ€ฆit was the most beautiful place on earth," he remembered.

Haven't felt safe much in general. That sent a pang through the brunette, making his skin prickle. Largely because rather unfortunately, that was something Karter could honestly say he understood. It was why he had trained to be a knight, so that when it came down to it, he had a sense of security. "Same. Ahhh the woes of life, huh? Donโ€™t worry, as long as we're together, neither of us have anythin' to be afraid of." Was that cheesy? Maybe. Did he care? No, not really.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โ™ฅ โ”€ iii

Postby eldritch hound » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:19 am

๐œ๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐š ๐ค๐š๐ญ๐ณ
      โ™ฅ โ€” female โ€” baroness โ€” location: inside court gallavan โ€” mentions: xx โ€” tags: astoria, scylla
      โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€

she found herself surprised to find that she did actually agree with the duchess, a scone and jam sounded delightful, especially with the headache still blooming it's way behind her eyes with a soft throb that she has since become adjusted to, if not finding it a little uncomfortable but she figured a little food, and arguably, a little less conversation with a certain 'lady of the court', may help with that matter. she nodded in acknowledgement of Astoria's mother and the fond memories that her companion had, despite her own, albeit fuzzy memories, of the late queen sent a smile to her face as she gently squeezed the princesses' hand that was now in her own. she held her head up high as the trio made their way down the winding corridors of the vast castle, past the many servants that were now busying themselves with their daily duties all while scurrying out of the way of the three women making their way through the stone walls.

she scrunched her nose up at the offer that was extended to the royal beside her but kept her stride, simply listening to the conversation of the two women. it was unusual for her to be so quite, especially around astoria but she couldn't bring herself to interrupt the conversation the duchess was having with her cousin, not because she didn't care, but exactly because she did. she got the sneaking suspicion that scylla most definitely knew about the dislike that had glued itself between the pair and, giving the reputation that surround her like a bad smoke, she definitely wouldn't let it rest either. thoughts swirled around her head as to how she would get back at the brunette and consolidate her place at astorias side, and in court, and, if she pushed the other woman out (which she highly doubted was an option) she would take it. being a cousin was one thing, but trying to take her away from her...best friend...was a completely different thing.

she only tuned back into the conversation when she was addressed and dipped her head in a soft nod, a soft pink blooming across her cheeks as if she had been caught in a precarious position "of course, you're majesty" she purred gave a mock huff "I know what you mean, I've had the unfortunate experience of being rather rudely schooled in how I interact with a certain person." she rounded don the princess in jest "she doesn't appreciate that I give her so much freedom when I'm supposed to be controlling her and advising her" she smiled, digging her elbow gently into the others ribs.

she felt compelled to agree but given that she did just get an ear full not a few days earlier from said maid, she probably shouldn't indulge in astorias escapades, though she did sympathise with the fact that it did get dreadfully boring around the castle, especially when there was nothing really happening outwith regular daily duties.
eldritch hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โ™  - iii

Postby eldritch hound » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:51 am

๐ฐ๐ž๐ฌ๐ค๐ž๐ซ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ž
      โ™  โ€” male โ€” duke โ€” location: three sirens โ€” mentions: nikolaus โ€” tags: xx
      โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€

he pretty much let the horse guide herself through the forest as she pleased, she knew where to go and how to get back as it wasn't a route that was rare to them. it was not only his favourite trail to ride, but he had a sneaking suspicion that, even if she gave an attitude, his steed also thoroughly enjoyed the forested trails as well as him. as they moved he got the sneaking suspicion that the black horse had gotten the idea into her mind that, if she needed to amuse herself at any point, she could dip under one of the low hanging branches, that were in plentiful supply, and try and slap him in the face with them, if she lined herself up just right and was quick enough with her riders frequent eyes opening just to check their surroundings to ensure the pair didn't get too dreadfully lost in the winding trees. he shifted in his saddle and moved into a trot as they moved deeper into the forest.

he raised his eyes to the sky and tried to judge what time it roughly was. it was still morning, he knew that much, maybe around 10? 11? he crinkled his nose briefly in thought. he wondered at what time he should return the horse to the stables or at the very least, make his presence know to nikolaus that he was finally back in lanercost, freshly returned from his gallivanting in a kingdom a two days ride south, at full canter, and ready to take on his missed duties again. he rolled the thought over his tongue before he tsked and steeled himself before returning. at least, he thought to himself, he wouldn't need to deal with much, as far as he knew, everything was very much quiet in terms of trouble but that likely wouldn't last too long.

he patted the colpach's neck "what do you think, chica? you ready to go back to court?" he asked the horse and was responded with a whiny as she slowed to a quick trot and neighed, turning her head slightly behind her "yea, me too girl. but it's probably about time. he just doesn't need to know where went." he paused for a few seconds before adding "besides, it's been a while, aren't you excited to see achilles? he probably misses you, nessie" he smiled at the affectionate nickname he had come to calling the mare, although he only ever called her that when they were pretty much alone, he didn't exactly know why he did but he didn't mind it, it was pretty much habit at this point.

he tightened his grip on the reigns before pulling so they were facing the way they had just come and digging his heels in to start off at a gallop and started to make his way back to lanercost, back through the trees and underbrush.
eldritch hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

D 008

Postby senna_ » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:55 am

x
    โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐ƒ๐ˆ๐€๐๐€ ๐“๐€๐˜๐‹๐Ž๐‘ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
    โ—† โ€ข maid โ€ข location: inside court (kitchen) โ€ข mentions: tag โ€ข tags: mirabel
    It didn't surprise Diana, hearing that Mirabel had connections outside of court. If anything, she'd suspect it would be more unusual if the Princess limited herself strictly to inside. Surely her father had more than just trading partners. Did royals that high up have time for easy-going social interaction? Diana could feel the tips of her ears warm at the discouraging thought, as if her curiosity just shot a dagger right at the King's forehead, even if it was innocent questioning. She didn't know the King very well, only as someone of great respect, but he didn't seem to be the type to make enemies simply for the sake of having them. That was a King's job, though, right? Diana supposed any entitled man who went about causing wars for bragging rights was a dangerous man. She didn't feel that way around their king, or even in court. Everyone tended to their own chores, went about doing their own business. If threats were evident and of great concern, Diana was living under a rock.

She clasped her hands together and kept her head down as Mirabel continued on joyfully. A light smile remained on her lips, although it wasn't enough to reach her dark eyes. She was envious of Mira. She was grateful for the opportunity and support she had received time and time again at court, but even just for a few hours, how she longed to experience the great pleasures Mirabel had. Something as simple as having the opportunity to make friends was something that piqued Diana's interest. Diana's conversations remained slim, as her duty was not to chat, but to work. "That sounds wonderful," she hummed. There was no point in digging deeper into Mirabel's private life like that. It was so different than Diana's, so much so that even if Mira explained it, Diana doubted she would be able to truly understand it. And yet, she could see Mirabel easily taking her place, or any servant's, given her eagerness. It was a semi-circle cycle, more or less.

Eventually, she forced her eyes back upward, settling on the grinning girl beside her. "No pets," she informed her. As if that was even an option for a low-class servant such as herself! "I dream of them, of course. I do quite adore animals; I suppose that's why I, too, spent a fair bit of time in the stables. Surely it gets cold, riding during the winter months? I've caught sight of you and your brother before, out in the bitter season, and I feel cold even from where I stand. Although I'm sure the company of your horse is enough to make up for the chilly weather."

Her head tilted upright as one of the kitchen servants timidly addressed them. "Thank you," Diana murmured to him, shooting him a genuine smile. She waited for Mirabel to grab her plate. The food looked delicious - the amount was something Diana only ever dreamed of eating. "It looks delicious. The kitchen staff truly doesn't get as much support as they should, do they? I can only imagine the wonders they cook up for you and your family." She clasped her hands together yet again as she held back so Mirabel could step forward first. "Do you have a location in mind, Your Majesty?"

senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โ™” elric | 03

Postby nikbowie » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:08 am

โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ ๐‘ฌ๐‘ณ๐‘น๐‘ฐ๐‘ช ! !
    โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ ๐‘ฎ๐‘จ๐‘ณ๐‘ณ๐‘จ๐‘ฝ๐‘จ๐‘ต
    x
    โ–ˆ
    xx
    โ–ˆ
    โ™› โ€ข prince โ€ข he-him โ€ข 21 โ€ข location:the secret meadow โ€ข mentions: astoria, klaus โ€ข tags: kit

Elric felt only semi-conscious. He slid off of Nelson instinctively, following Kitโ€™s voice. Nelson shifted from foot to foot but stood obediently in place. His throat felt tighten. He heard Kit, telling him to breathe. Without much thought, he wrapped his arms around Kitโ€™s neck, his hands faintly shaking. He could feel the outline of Kitโ€™s shoulder blades. His head buried into Kitโ€™s chest, Elric inhaled deeply. Kitโ€™s smell was so familiar. Hay, sort of, it was a smell impossible to describe. He smelled like their meadow. He leaned into Kit, at such an angle that for once, his head fit in the nook of the shorter boyโ€™s chin. Elricโ€™s hair ruffled under Kitโ€™s jaw. He felt some of the fear dissipate, as his taught forearms clutched to what was so familiar.

There was something about Kit that reassured him like no other. They could get through anything together. But Elric felt that something about this was different. He had never thought much about any of his duties as future kingโ€”his father handled all that. Lanercost was a special haven that preserved all of his childhood memories, and couldn't be touched by responsibility or danger. Would children be drafted? Would there be fighting? He felt that, if there was fighting, at twenty-one years of age, he was still unprepared to engage. In real wars, boys as young as fourteen might have to join the fight. This couldnโ€™t happen in his home.

He knew that Kit was responsible for his safety, but if war came, would Kit be killed? No, I wouldnโ€™t let him fight. Iโ€™d make my father keep him in the castle. He knew, twingely, that Kit would never abstain from fighting if the kingdom depended on it. He could pretend. Elric tightened his arms for a moment and then stepped back. He felt something new. The meadow around them, it was his family's land. He had to protect it. Terrowin may have taken his mother. They would not take sweet-smelling Kit, nor their meadow. His father would quell the threat, then they could go back to normal.

He mounted Nelson. โ€œLetโ€™s go back to the castle, find Astoria and my father. Heโ€™ll know what to do.โ€ His eyes widened as he remembered what Kit said, about the single man. โ€œUnless weโ€™re the first to know. What if weโ€™re the first to know of a war? We have to hurry.โ€ He stroked Nelsonโ€™s neck and leaned down to his ear. โ€œRide fast, Nellie-belly.โ€ He spurred her forwards, careful to keep pace with Kit, so that the two of them could ride next to each other. He felt safer, by his side.

He was still processing what was going on. Dark clouds were forming on the horizon, and it looked like it would rain in a few hours. It was ominous, he realized. One of the things he remembered about his mother was her love of clouds. She would sit Elric on her lap and point out different shapes in the sky. A rainbow was a sign of joy and wealth ahead, a wolf shaped cloud was a sign of strength for the knights of the castle, rain clouds were signs of troublesome days to come, gray skies warnings of lonely days, pink skies signs of love to come. Still now, Elric looked to the sky to judge how he should feel. He didnโ€™t like galloping towards the dark sky, and away from their sunny meadow.

But his mother was not totally correct. The sky may have been gray, but he was not alone. He had Kit. He wasnโ€™t lonely, even if he knew that more might now be expected of him. He wouldnโ€™t ever be lonely with his sisters and Kit around. Future king.. It wasnโ€™t a title he used to think of himself, but he would take it now, if it meant keeping danger away.

Below him, Nelson thundered forward, his hooves hitting the ground at the same time as Bennieโ€™s. The two horses were always in tandem. Nelsonโ€™s ears were flattened, and Elric knew his horse well enough to know that he wasnโ€™t happy. As they raced through the sharp and heavy air, Elric began to hum a lullaby. Nelsonโ€™s favourite. He looked up to Kit, who leaned over Bennie, the two of them a single being. Kitโ€™s hair was pushed backwards by the wind. He squeezed Nelsonโ€™s flanks, and increased their pace. โ€œAre you ready, Kit?โ€ He called over the wind. Mostly, it was to reassure himself. He was readyโ€”no, they were ready. The castle appeared, a small gray dot in the distance. This was his duty.

He shivered a little, maybe from the cold, or from the lump in his throat that would not go away. They were almost there. He closed his eyes, trusting Nelson and Kit to lead the way.
nikbowie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

k 003

Postby senna_ » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:04 am

x
    โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Š๐ˆ๐“ ๐•๐„๐‘๐๐„ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
    โ™ž โ€ข guardsman/knight โ€ข location: secret meadow --> outside court โ€ข mentions: karter, effie, tags โ€ข tags: elric, klaus
    Kit cursed himself for feeling so distracted as he struggled to get back up and settled in his saddle. It wasnโ€™t an uncommon thing for the two of them to get close โ”€ Elric was admittedly quite clingy and as friends, Kit didnโ€™t have to act so formal and stiff around him โ”€ but even now, his mind lingered on the awkward hug. Awkward, as in, Kit didnโ€™t appreciate it as much as he should have. He couldnโ€™t help it; while he was often the peacemaker of the group when it came to speaking out loud, he had a tendency to rake up all sorts of negative possibilities and stuff his skull full of them. Something about what had been said to him didnโ€™t sit right. King Ode hadnโ€™t ever been much of a fair person, Kit had been around long enough to know that. In fact, Kit knew that far before he was even given the position of Elricโ€™s guard, and official knight. The King was ruthless, cold; the tense bitterness between his family and the Gallavan family was extremely difficult to ignore. Even the common villagers knew it; he had overheard them mumbling about it far too many times when passing through. Guilt stacked like building bricks inside of him, weighing him down in his saddle, as his sharp blue eyes skitted towards Elric. His friendโ€™s face was pale; his own icy eyes, distracted. If only he could relive that moment by taking out his troubles. Elric needed comfort. It didnโ€™t matter how loose or serious the threat โ€“ could one call it that? โ€“ was, Elric had always been sensitive. The type of sensitivity where Kit felt inclined to straighten his posture and rise onto the tips of his toes to just skim past Elricโ€™s height, granting him the opportunity to bury himself against Kitโ€™s frame more easily, allowing for a further sense of comfort and protection.

โ€œIโ€™ll protect you,โ€ he had mumbled against Elricโ€™s sandy blond hair; now, in his saddle, Kit questioned whether or not the prince had heard it. Within a matter of moments, it seemed Elric had shifted into a new person. Life shone through his eyes yet again, and he was on high alert. Even despite the seriousness of the topic, Kit was unable to push back the smallest of smiles; tight-lipped, but prideful nonetheless. That was his prince. Elric was a kind soul, but he had a strong flame burning inside of him. He was a Gallavan, after all. Kit trusted that between Elric and the King, a steady plan would be formed. For now, no matter how troublesome it was, they had to keep it on the down low. The last thing they needed were rumours, or worried workers. Nothing was official until something physical actually took place.

Benedita seemed relieved they were leaving, which was something Kit would have playfully scolded her for if he wasnโ€™t feeling so rushed. The meadow was a special place, a place to escape the troubles of reality, but for his mare, the grasses werenโ€™t to her satisfaction. Of course, the second she sensed Nelsonโ€™s presence, her strides increased; it was always a race for her. Kit only tightened the reins a bit, enough to keep Elric within sight. The princeโ€™s seat was impressive; he seemed to share Nelsonโ€™s stride. He was only able to catch his name against the bite of the wind, but holding Elricโ€™s gaze for a fleeting few seconds was surely enough to reassure the prince that he was on his side. And on they went.

Much to his surprise, there were other wanderers in the forest, on foot. If Bennie hadnโ€™t been so determined to keep up with Nelson, she would have surely spooked at the sight of the two. Kit was barely able to get a good glimpse of them as he and Elric thundered by, but he didnโ€™t question they were from court. Nobody else came out here. โ€œI wonโ€™t stay unless you want me to,โ€ he eventually called back to Elric. โ€œI can always see if the messengers have received anything unusual this morning.โ€ After they found the King, that was. Kit felt odd about staying near the two, not because they were related by blood, but because it seemed like royal business that Kit had no business being a part of. His duty was to be their fighter, not their schemer.

As if on cue, Klaus Gallavan came into sight. He was a little ways away, walking one of his equines. Immediately, Kit eased Bennie down to a slower gait. โ€œYour Grace,โ€ he called out once he believed the man could hear him, dipping his head in greeting. โ€œWe have important matters to discuss with you.โ€ He slowed his mare down even more, then, glancing back at Elric. His cheeks were flushed, hair ruffled rather attractively by the ways of the wind. Kit looked back at Bennie. โ€œThis is for you to announce,โ€ he told his friend. โ€œI will be right here if you need me.โ€ Then, with a softer expression, he caught Elricโ€™s eye again; โ€œIt will be okay.โ€ Was he completely convinced that the was the right thing to say? No, not necessarily, but he knew it was far better than speaking harsh facts โ”€ especially knowing that nothing yet would be a true fact.
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:33 am

Shawn Robin | 20 | Stablehand | Tagging: Diana

Shawn offered a small nod to his fellow stablehands and slipped away, finished tending to the horses assigned to him for now. There would be more work to be done later, but heโ€™d woken late and hadnโ€™t had the chance to stop and eat yet. Maybe he could nab something now. So he headed into the kitchen area upon arriving at the main building, nodding to various folks he passed by, but his main focus was getting to the kitchen, and therefore, to food.

Shawn paused by the sink to wash off his hands and face, cleaning himself as much as he could from the scent of the stable, which wasnโ€™t an entirely unpleasant smell, but still unbecoming of him around others. The soap should wash the worst of it away though. Slipping away from the sink, his eye caught the form of the maid, Diana. He was familiar with her, even if they didnโ€™t get much time to spend together due to their respective jobs.

"Good morning, Diana!" He called. Shawn snatched an apple from a fruit basket and made his way over, turning the shiny fruit in his hands. "Couldnโ€™t help noticing you over here. Beautiful as always." Not unlike him to throw a compliment out there now and then, even if it wasnโ€™t his usual method of greeting. "How are you doing today?"
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

D 009

Postby senna_ » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:50 am

x
    โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐ƒ๐ˆ๐€๐๐€ ๐“๐€๐˜๐‹๐Ž๐‘ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
    โ—† โ€ข maid โ€ข location: inside court (kitchen) โ€ข mentions: tags โ€ข tags: mirabel --> shawn
    From the sidelines, Diana admired the way her princess friend tackled the verbal conversation so well. She was more than okay remaining with her back pressed up against the wall, lips zipped shut and eyes watching curiously, but it was still a joy to see the kitchen staff themselves take an extra moment to breathe and appreciate Mirabel's company. She smiled to herself, even if it was more of a twitch of her lips than anything else. It must be nice to feel appreciated. That wasn't to say that Diana disliked her place as a servant, because she did feel grateful for her position, but she knew she'd never get the reverence and fawning and gawking like Mirabel, or any of the other ladies of higher status. For Diana Taylor, that would remain strictly in her dreams. Even now, Diana tried to limit those. It was easier to do now, as winter crept in; she found it much more splendid to picture herself galloping across daisy-covered meadows. The only thing she found dreamy about the colder months was when there was a gentle snowfall, although even then, Diana didn't often get to experience the pleasures of it for herself.

She was still watching the conversation blooming before her dark eyes when a new figure popped into the picture. Until he said something, Diana hadn't even noticed that Shawn Robin, one of the many stablehand workers, had also slipped into the kitchen. Tearing her eyes away from Mirabel, allowing her friend to cherish that moment with the kitchen workers, she let her gaze settle on the blond. "Good morning, Shawn," she returned warmly. It had taken her a good bit to get past the "Mister Robin" or "Sir" stage โ”€ manners were one thing her mother always scolded her on โ”€ but they had grown into friends over the years, and she'd learned to become more comfortable with his first name. She couldn't say they were any closer than she was with Mirabel; likely less, in fact, but a friend was a friend. "It looks like you've had an exciting morning," she chaffed, reaching up to pluck out a thin strand of straw, almost identical in colour to his own hair.

Her gaze moved from his icy blue eyes down to the single apple in his hand, and she couldn't ignore the sheepish feeling that poured down her body. She had no say in the food she received, it was Mirabel's doing, but Diana couldn't help but feel rather guilty about the portion โ”€ not that she'd be able to successfully eat even half of it. She was used to going without breakfast, after all. A gentle shade of pink tinted her cheeks at his compliment, and she momentarily looked down at her plate. "There's no need for charming compliments," she told him as she glanced back up, although her tone was far from anything of a scold. "I'm doing just fine. I had a messy morning โ”€ " she moved her plate away from the fabric of her dress to reveal an unattractive damp spot near the side of her lower ribs โ”€ "but there hasn't been a day gone by where the washbin does not win. How about yourself? You and the other stablehands are always up so early to feed the animals. Surely that gets tiresome!"
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me