nepenthe - new and accepting

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

you wanted fire? sorry, my specialty is ice. // post 003

Postby `kosmic » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:48 pm

( ) // HEYENNE IVERS!!
      ─────────────────────────── ( YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME? )
      xxxxx[ female & 19 ] [ loc. luna cafe ] [ tags. dustin ]
      upon hearing his response, she nodded slowly. "I suppose having a job as a barista isn't so bad. well,
      let me rephrase, it could be worse
      ," she responded, a light smirk crossing her lips. she figured his j
      ob, just like others, had it's ups and downs. rude customers being one point; in which he had menti
      oned. "rude customers, I can relate. there's just no escaping that," she commented with a light laugh.

cheyenne couldn't help but scoff at his mention of the bridal shop and the fact that it was bridal sea
      son. just remembering the havoc going on back at the shop gave her the shivers. "oh god, dustin. you
      don't even know
      ," she sighed deeply, shaking her head. "like, I know I'm usually overdramatic all the
      time, but this is no joke. I have never ever met so many bridezillas
      ," she confessed. to this day, chey
      would never uunderstand why her parents' dream was to open up their own bridal shop - it was a nigh
      tmare, sometimes. and she was often dragged into the mess of it.

looking up, chey caught anastasia's look of dismay toward dustin's choice of labor. she chewed on the
      bottom of her lip for a small before turning her blue eyes back to him, "not that I'm not enjoying our
      conversation. but aren't you on the clock
      ?" she asked, tilting her head to the side slightly. "I hate to d
      istraction you from work
      ," she added on, offering a weak smile.
`kosmic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: nepenthe - new and accepting

Postby darcy_jensen » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:50 pm

✦ C H A R L I E ✦
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    twenty ✧ owns roll-a-way skate rink ✧ location; cafe ✧ tags; dustin, cheyenne, aubrey

after setting aside the earlier portion of her morning to tend to the skate rink, charlie was absolutely in need of a coffee. with a sleepy smile and a wave goodbye to the receptionist, the young adult made her way down the familiar streets of the town she adored. there was something comforting about knowing each and every person who lived in nepenthe. the mere sight of luna cafe brought a sparkle to charlie's pale blue eyes, and a gentle sigh escaped her lips as she entered the shop. "good morning," she greeted dustin and cheyenne, throwing a smile to the pair. charlie was grateful she got along with practically everyone her age, it meant there was always someone to talk to or go to for advice. bouncing up to the counter, the blonde placed her purse on the counter and waited patiently for a barista to serve her. as she waited, she glanced around her surroundings until her gaze fell upon aubrey who was sitting by herself. charlie frowned slightly, and made a mental note to sit wit the girl when she received her order.
darcy_jensen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToxicHeaven » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:14 pm

Jessie
She thought for a moment she really didn't know what she was looking for it seemed every week she changed obsession topics to read about. Finally picking a topic she said "Mystery... do you have any good ones?" she asked hopefully glancing over at him walking down the bookshelves scanning the titles. Her shift at the skating rink started in an hour or two she hoped to be able to keep herself distracted until she had to go.

Dustin
he shrugged "I guess so," he said and laughed a little "seems crazy can be found anywhere tho the crazy of a bridezilla even I couldn't face that," he said. looking out the window he sighed "I suppose my mother would probably beat me if she found me slacking." he admitted. Looking up at the girl who had walked in he smiled and waved at Charlie a small heat burning his cheeks slightly one more deep breath he smiled at Cheyenne "Let me know if you want a refill okay? enjoy the tart" he said and walked back to the coffee machine to help pick up the slack.
ToxicHeaven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ✗ - Levi & Katrina ) Two

Postby .KeithKogane » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:43 am

Lᴇᴠɪ Bʟᴀᴄᴋᴡᴏᴏᴅ
      ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
      [ male ] [ twenty-four years ] [ bisexual - ___ ] [ lone wolf tattoo ] [ tagged with Phoenix ] [ feelings; tired yet calm ]

Once the bike was properly locked up, Levi walked into the establishment behind Katrina. The light chime filled the air while his eyes scanned the bright colors and beautiful designs along the wall. This was definitely one of his favorite places to be. It's a generally nice place to spend your time, even if someone wasn't being tattooed themselves. Groups will often come to support a friend or family member getting tattooed and will often sit in the main room going through portfolios and asking questions about what they do. Hell, many will just sit and relax listening to the store music. A little smile rested on the man's features thinking of the old memories of this place, flipping the hanging sign on the door to say 'open' rather than 'closed'.
      Katrina took her ritualistic sweep of the building while he went into one of the first rooms in the hallway, which happens to be the piercing room. At the moment it was just the two of them running this place; meaning the work load does get hefty. His sister has learned the ways of piercings which helps take the load off him when needed, but he does majority of physical contact. It would be really nice to get at least two additional professionals to do the ink work and piercings rather than someone randomly off the side of the street. Or even an apprentice. But for now, it's just inventory time. Mainly taking notes on if any machinery needs repair or replacement, and then stock on the jewelry. They mainly served with just plain starters since people should focus on taking care of the new hole in their body rather than the style. But those who really wish to try or are completely aware of the procedure are open to a rang of choices. Some simple colors and designs, or ones holding a fake crystal. They all were pretty in their own way, fitting a range of peoples taste.

After the first room, Levi proceeded to wander through the other two rooms and taking short notes. Their specific type of paper used for transferring the design would need to be bought; the roll was down to perhaps it's last two layers. As well as another shipment on ink, all are running rather low besides a few colors such as white and the neon orange. This was all written on a post-it note and stuck to the front side of the door to be grabbed before the end of the day to place the orders. Just as he was to check the bathroom and a small supply closet, the door chime caught his attention along with a voice. It was quite familiar before it was responded by his sister. He shook his head at her greeting before walking out to greet the new arrival.
      His gaze caught sight of a young man scanning the walls filled with his and Katrina's work. His eyes looked as if they were sparkling with his mouth slightly hanging open. A little chuckle erupted from his throat that would probably catch the attention of the man, realizing who he was after a few moments. "Like what you see Phoenix?" Levi raised an eyebrow while walking toward to his sister's desk, leaning on the side of it while crossing his arms. "I don't remember a time your parents would have ever loved you coming in here. I can sure remember when they complained about my tattoos, that's for certain." He had met the young man's family shortly after moving here, bumping into them at a grocery store. They had asked who he was since he looked unfamiliar, and apparently everyone knew everyone in this town. That's how their conversation started, though due to it being hot in the store, Levi had shed his sweater in the cart to reveal his short-sleeved t-shirt. Equally revealing his tattoos. Now that was an interesting time. Not to mention their facial expressions.

( Words; 662 )

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Kᴀᴛʀɪɴᴀ Bʟᴀᴄᴋᴡᴏᴏᴅ
      ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
      [ female ] [ twenty-two years ] [ bisexual - ___ ] [ lone wolf tattoo ] [ tagged with Phoenix ] [ feelings; gradually cheerful ]

While Levi locked up the bike, the woman took out the shop keys from her pocket and walking toward the front door. It was a tall door with a window cut out in the center with a sign flipped to say closed hanging in the center. Once the door was opened from a key turning the two locks a little chime sounded around the store, bringing a small smile to her face. Sure Katrina wasn't like most people who worked inside a tattoo parlor. Many covered in tattoos or piercings, probably and usually both. While the young woman on the other hand was usually told she was way too cute and innocent for a "dark" place like this. But hey, she loved art. Both her and her brother drew from kids to now, their styles becoming easily recognizable and better over the years. Now she didn't tattoo her designs on people, but she did create some. She has a portfolio that customers could look at and if they request a design from her personally; she'll draw it and the customer will be explaining to both siblings. Levi does all of the actual ink-to-skin work. But the siblings work well together, both taking a risk and opening up the shop. The space was originally a music store owned by their parents. It was something the couple owned together shortly after they were married yet sadly lost just a few years after Katrina was born, leaving them with their mother's sister in another state. It wasn't until a few years ago, just after the girl graduated highschool, did they head back to their old home after finding out the history there. The space had been cleaned out and was just looking for someone to use the space. So the Blackwood kids took a risk with their art to open the tattoo parlor, using a combination of their parents favorite animal and decoration style to open the shop they love today.
      Katrina flipped the light switch and wandered around the rest of the shop to make sure everything was in order. Just turning on the lights in each additional room before starting up her computer at the front desk. It was a pretty good size establishment, with the main room that's often used for waiting and discussing tattoo ideas and pricing. There are two additional rooms in the back, separated from the main room with a hallway used for tattoos as well as one room for piercing specifically. Then a specific additional office the pair uses for their items and house keeping of paperwork and such and two single-restrooms. The entire place it decked out in art the pair has printed or other painting and prints off of other artists that they loved and paid for. Not to mention comfortable couches to wait and chairs and modified tables to be tattooed on. They take great care of their customers, which results in a steady flow of business.

"Off the top of your head, are you aware of any clients this afternoon?" She asked once she was seated at the front desk. The computer began to restart itself while Levi shrugged, possibly still groggy with sleep. He was quite the character, holding a resting frown that often scares away people before giving him a chance to converse. But Katrina loves him anyways. With her brother wandering and the woman organizing the paperwork on her desk, the chime of the front door broke her concentration. The strong and deep emerald gaze of hers lifted up to make contact with the side of a young man's head. His eyes were filled with awe as he looked around before settling down on the woman seated. His short hair fitted his face well, showing off his angled jaw-line and not covering majority of his face. A small smile brightened up her features as her hand raised in a slight wave,"Hi there." The new man had a familiar face but she couldn't place a name to it. It was probably because she hasn't been awake for long or something.
      "Are you here for an appointment? I apologize, we just came in a few minutes ago so my computer isn't up and running fully," A sheepish chuckle escaped her lips as her fingertips hit the keyboard to log in and begin opening programs. The woman's emerald gaze flicked back up to the young man in front of her every few moments, watching his eyes scan the walls. A voice popped up behind her, signaling that Levi walked back into the room. She rolled her eyes at his greeting and allowed him to communicate with the boy while opening up their website and calendar.

( Words; 784 )
.KeithKogane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GhoulishDes » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:51 am

AUGUSTUS
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[Family Owns Cinema] [twenty-one] [bi] [tags: Alaska ]

xxxx Augustus smiled as he listened to her, "Well, I'm sure everyone is ten times happier now that you're here." He hesitated for a moment before pulling her into a hug, "We'll have to celebrate!" His mind suddenly racing into planning mode. He pulled up his sleeve to look at the Rosewholesale steel band watch on his wrist. "I was gonna open up the theater in a hour, but that doesn't really seem important now that you're here."
xxxx Augustus smiled, daring her to argue with him. "Are you headed somewhere?" If she was busy, then that was another story but if it was small stuff he could accompany her with then he was going to do it.

ANASTASIA
[employed at Luna] [twenty] [pan] [tags: ]

xxxx tag her- she's working the counter
xxxx

PHOENIX
[unemployed] [nineteen] [bi] [tags: Blackwood Family - Levi , Katrina]

xxxx Phoenix nodded his head at the girl who sat at the counter. If his memory served him correctly, this was Katrina Blackwood. Her voice was soft and welcoming; it helped to set his nerves at ease. "No, actually." Phoenix responded, "I don't have an appointment." A chuckle sounded to his right and the boy set his sights on the source. Levi Blackwood. He had made a wonderful first impression in the grocery store. Even though his parents were complete prudes, Levi kept his composure.
xxxx 'Do you like what you see?' Phoenix dipped his head in response, "It's beautiful." He shoved his hands into his pockets and rocked back on his heels. Laughter bubbled in his throat as Levi made a side comment about his parents, "Ah yes, but they don't have much control over me." Anxiety seemed to be creeping into his body movements as he could hardly keep still. His eyes darting around the place and his hands never resting for long. Phoenix wasn't sure if it was from being near such attractive siblings or the overall fear of tattoos getting to him. His nimble fingers messed with the strands of ebony hair behind his ear, twirling them between his fingertips.
xxxx Nix was growing embarrassed. This shy, anxious mess was someone he tried to push down every single day and normally did a great job of. His hard exterior and rebellious nature was who he was most proud to me. He took a deep breath and tried to refocus. "I saw the sign on the door," Phoenix stated, "I was wondering what kind of position you had open." His eyes fluttered over the tattooed man before him and suddenly he was painfully aware of how bare his skin was. He felt like a child among these two.

COLE
[college student] [nineteen] [bi] [tags: Ezra ]

xxxx Cole groaned, "Ah, it's the town's dumb festival. Dad's making some speech and suddenly he's all gun-ho about it." The annual festival was one of the more favorable events the town held. It was good place to just hang out and waste money on cheesy games and greasy food. Normally, Cole would have loved going but now that his father was involved it wasn't as appealing.
xxxx
GhoulishDes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:12 am

Ezra Price
19|Male|Bisexual
Unemployed
Tagged: Cole.
"Ohh..." Ezra nodded slightly - he'd forgotten about the annual festival, to be honest. He'd not really attended in previous years, since it got quite crowded, and could be hard to navigate with his wheelchair, but it always did seem to be quite a fun way to spend some time and money. "I'm sure he's not that bad about it," he added, with a light laugh. He quite liked Cole's father - he found him to be interesting to be around and talk to, though he decided not to mention that to Cole.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darcy_jensen » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:02 pm

✦ C H A R L I E ✦
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    twenty ✧ owns roll-a-way skate rink ✧ location; cafe ✧ tags; dustin, anastasia.

the smile that graced charlie's delicate features grew wider as she saw dustin leave his conversation with the raven haired girl to get back to brewing coffees. "hey stranger" she greeted cheerfully, observing his movements in genuine interest. charlie had known of the barista for her entire life, but they only became friends when his younger sister started working at the skate rink. realising that she hadn't actually placed her order, charlie turned her attention to anastasia who was working the counter. "good morning, may I please order a large chai latte and a cookie?" the young adult ordered politely. although she anastasia weren't close as friends, she had a significant amount of respect for the blonde. as she waited for the girl to tally up the total, charlie's gaze drifted back to dustin, smiling gently.
darcy_jensen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Everyday Morning

Postby OutFoxed » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:59 pm

Piper Fairhill
    🐾 Vet Tech
    Clinic
    // Open
The morning had started rather early - Dr. Anderson had received a frantic call in the rural outskirts of town about a colicking horse. Piper was woken up to her loud and obtrusive ringtone set up for of emergencies. It took her a few minutes to throw on jeans, a rumpled but clean scrub top, and stuff her feet into boots. Her shoulder bag was the last thing she grabbed before locking the apartment door and rushing down the steps to meet the vet by the curb. Her bag was something akin to Mary Poppin's bag; in the truck cab she used a brush to pull her hair back into a more respectable state (mid-ponytail) and then started munching on a granola bar.

The case was straightforward but took up the better part of an hour. After acessing the horse, they palpated, then put a tub through the horse's nose to try and flush the blockage. They left the horse and owner with medication to keep it comfortable and a return visit later in the day. It was a rather routine call with a positive outcome. She had less than two hours before her shift started at the clinic - not enough time to get a decent nap in, so she decided to shower and find cleaner clothes.

For the second time that morning, Piper set off to go to work. When she got to her car and tried to start it - it grumbled and clicked but wouldn't turn over. "Just great!" She huffed in frustration. Her hazel eyes drifted over to her locked bike neatly tucked under the carport. So she found herself peddling the two miles to work, coasting down the slight hill into town. The clinic was situated off the main street; she zipped past a few shops that were just opening up - and she saw the Luna Cafe was already busting out liquid wake-up concoctions. Inside the clinic, she was greeted by excited barks and a loud meow. "Cleo, I hear you darling. Good morning to you too." She called over the ruckus towards the massive white Himalayan cat demanding immediate attention. Her owner was out of town (an often occurrence) and the cat was treated like a princess at home and so insisted on the same treatment while being boarded.

Piper finished up her morning chores - the dogs had been let out to play in the large run out behind the facility; the social cats had been let out to roam the back room; everyone had been fed, watered, and the cages/kennels cleaned. Her dark hair had rebelled against being neat and tidy, baby-hairs teased loose and repeatedly swiped behind her ears. She was finally able to sit down at the company computer to update the charts and work on some outreach.
[I apologize for the run-on text. Working on getting back into writing. She's completely open if anyone wants to chat up or bring a much needed coffee c:]
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rats. » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:15 pm

נσнαηηєѕ
|‡| 23
|‡| Male
|‡| Bisexual
|‡| Bookstore
|‡| Jessie

"Well," he started, making his way a bit towards the back, "You could always go with the classics, Sherlock Holmes, Nancy Drew, things like that. Things some people read when they're younger," he said the last part with a slight shrug, his eyes trailed over what could be labeled as the 'Classic Mystery' section, but instead It was just a mere three level shelf section on the far right next to a wall. Even though there were no labels, he knew the store pretty much like the back of his hand; that is until his parents decide if they want to renovate or add more into the store. But, even then he'd adapt pretty quickly to the change of things and move on, business as usual.
Rats.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby querencia » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:16 pm

JUNIPER REZNIK
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
eighteen . owns the diner . pan . tags; open

(doing diner things, come bug her!)

ALASKA VAN
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
twenty one . writer . bi . tags; augustus

alaska stiffened instinctively before she relaxed into the hug, her blush further darkening her cheeks as she willed her heart to stop beating so fast. she didn't quite thing everyone would be super happy to see her. she'd been, and still was, basically a hermit who stuck around the edge of crowds on a good day. not even there on a bad one. she could more often be seen with a book than another person. it took her a moment to catch up as augustus suddenly jumped forward into planning, "wait-" she stopped, there weren't any words she could use to dissuade him. at least, hopefully it would only be a celebration with people she could actually talk to. going socially awkward mute hadn't been on her to do list today.
    "well, i was on a shopping errand for the 'grands'" she began, using her term for both her grandparents, "they wanted me to pick up something but i think that can wait until later." she'd been sent on an errand to get stuff from their friend on the opposite side of town, something about her just coming back from vacation in thailand with some ingredients they'd wanted from back home. "are you sure you can delay the theater? i don't want to get you in trouble with anyone, especially the kids. i remember them being pretty feisty without their movie fix"
querencia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me