HighRidge West Horse Center - FRESHLY OPEN! JOIN NOW!

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Should I make a discussion thread?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:14 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Whatever
No votes

Total votes : 6

HighRidge West Horse Center - FRESHLY OPEN! JOIN NOW!

Postby Scottish9 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:32 am

↠↠↠↠Welcome to HighRidge West Horse Center
Dear Applicant -
Congratulations on your acceptance to HighRidge West Horse Center!
As you know, HRWHC is the leading facility for training and showing in the Western ring.
We pride in having winning horses and riders in reining, barrel racing, gymkhana, and much more.
Upon your arrival, you will be placed into a bunkhouse based on your application type.
You will be allowed to bring two horses, as well as a dog or cat provided it is well-behaved.
You have a week to reply, and two weeks to arrive on the premises.
We anticipate your arrival and look forward to seeing you thrive here.

↠↠↠↠The Best Place on Earth for Western Riders

HighRidge West Horse Center is exactly as it sounds in the letter, and more. Big barns for the students' and teachers' horses, rustic-yet-cozy bunkhouses, wide fields and arenas, and acres and acres of wild places to ride and explore. The atmosphere is generally laid-back, but there are a few rules.

↠Don't board stallions and mares in the same barn/arena/pasture. Geldings with mares are fine.
↠Two horses per rider, unless you are a teacher/other employee
↠Only well-behaved dogs and cats are allowed
↠Don't wander alone, or make sure someone knows where you are going.
↠No guys in girls' bunks, and vice verse.

↠↠↠↠But Paradise is Overcast

The bunks are not just stratified by gender, but by application process as well.

↠The Legacies: These riders have connections or money that got them in, usually both. Either one of their parents/grandparents attended, or said persons donated to the Center. Maybe not the best riders or people, but their stuff and horses are top-notch

↠The Elites: these guys got in on skill. They've been riding since birth and are at the top of their game. They tend to stay in a tight clique.

↠The Charities: ok, their official name is the scholarship recipients, but everyone calls them the charities. They may not have cash, connections, or a ton of skills, but they've got the will to persevere and succeed. They're the most likely to use school horses.

These groups tend to compete, and sometimes that competition grows a bit sour.....

The horses and other animals tend to band together as well, but based on their own rules.
Last edited by Scottish9 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: HighRidge West Horse Center - DNP - PM IF YOU'D LIKE TO

Postby Scottish9 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:02 am

Welcome to this Western-themed horse RP! There will be drama, romance, danger, and much more! However, for things to go smoothly, there needs to be a few ground rules.

1. Dogs and cats are not actual RP characters. They are just pets. Everything they do needs to be RP'ed from the horse/person's POV.
2. Yes, horses are RPable. Yay!
3. Please follow all CS rules in regard to violence/language/intimacy
3. If your human is going to use a barn horse, PM the teacher who owns that horse
4. Feel free to chat OOC. Just use parentheses or the like
5. No godmodding

↠↠↠↠New Discussion Thread!
Thread found here!
Last edited by Scottish9 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: HighRidge West Horse Center - DNP - PM IF YOU'D LIKE TO

Postby Scottish9 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:07 am

↠↠↠↠The Map and Members

↠↠Bunkhouses

↠↠Main House
This is where the teachers bunk. It's big and cabin-like, and it has a mess hall and kitchen attached where everybody eats. teachers share a room and bathroom with someone of their gender.

Female wing:
Blaine Walter
Pets: Malcolm (male Scottish terrier of Blaine)

Male wing:
Pets:

↠↠Legacy house
This is where the Legacies bunk. Rooms hold a pair of like-gender students, and there's a commons/rec room between the two wings. The nicest cabin.

Female wing:
Pets:

Male wing:
Pets:

↠↠Elite house
This is where the Elites bunk. Rooms hold a pair of like-gender students, and there's a fireside room between the two wings.

Female wing:
Maybell Lockland
Pets: Carlo (male pitbull of May's)

Male wing:
Ash Lacroix
Ryan Scott
Avery Kim Jeong
Pets:
Kiowa (male Aussie of Avery's)

↠↠Charity house
This is where the Charities bunk. Rooms hold a trio of like-gender students, and there's a foyer between the two wings. The biggest and least nice cabin (but still nice).

Female wing:
Olivia Wells
Pets:

Male wing:
Pets:

↠↠Equine facilities
Each stable has an outdoor paddock, as well as bathing and vetting areas.
Please note: to save space, I will not be listing pastures. Each barn has an assigned pasture.

↠↠Stallion barn
Where the stallions and some of the geldings are kept. Very sturdy.

Stallions:
Pharaoh's Cursed Land
Nashashuka
Riders:
Ash Lacroix (Pharaoh)
Avery Kim Jeong (Nasha)

Geldings:
Riders:

↠↠Mare barn
Where the stallions and most of the geldings are kept. A very large barn.

Mares:
Zahara
A Dream Within a Dream "Aurora"
Riders:
Ash Lacroix (Zahara)
Olivia Wells (Aurora)

Geldings:
Zebulon
Ricochet
Riders:
Blaine Walter (Zebulon)
Ryan Scott (Ricochet)

↠↠Training barn
Where the untrained colts and fillies are kept (moved at about 3 years). Nursing mares are also kept here, as well as a few buddy geldings.

Colts:
Owners:

Fillies:
Owners:

Nursing mares:
Owners:

Buddies:
Riders:

↠↠Indoor arena
An undercover arena for all purposes. More basic rides are conducted here.

↠↠Reining arena
A more basic outdoor arena, often used for reining

↠↠Barrel arena
An outdoor arena always set up for barrel racing

↠↠Breaking arena
Where horses are tamed. They live here in a kind of hostile herd.

Mares:
Aero
Kandi
Stallions:
Pluto
Last edited by Scottish9 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:54 am, edited 7 times in total.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: HighRidge West Horse Center - FRESHLY OPEN! JOIN NOW!

Postby xXLuciferXx » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:25 am

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXAshley "Ash" Lacroix
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX19 Years old
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXMale
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXStudent
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXElite
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXPharaoh's Cursed Land (Pharaoh) and Zahara
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXAsh is very bubbly and generally a happy person. As long as the people
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXaround him are chill he gives the same in return. However,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXsometimes he can fall into a day or two of sour moodiness. Those days
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXit's best to stay clear of him and his sharp tongue, as everyone becomes
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXhis victim. Luckily those days are rare, and he usually is just a big ball of
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXhappiness. Though, even with his personality this way, he isolates himself
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXfrom the other Elites and hangs around the Legacies. (Wealthy family,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXand is wealthy himself)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX✔Chatting, Parties, Animals
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX✗Hate, Rain, Judgemental people
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXFears; Judgement, Reptiles, Failure
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXAsh grew up in a wealthy home, always getting everything he could ever
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXwant. This lead into his equine addiction. He started out with the best
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXEnglish instructors money could buy. He learned and excelled in Dressage and
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXEventing til he grew bored. He then picked up western, and began his
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXwinning streak there. He owns many, many horses back home. While here,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXthe rest of his horses are leased out or used for lessons at his barn. Oh, was it
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXmentioned his parents bought him his own Equestrian Center? Cause they
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXdid. He is an only child and gets everything he asks for. His center is mainly
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXEnglish, and competes as such. He left to be around more people whom enjoy
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXWestern like he currently is. A sweet, Spoiled boy.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXConnections: Find Them Here!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOther notes:

Pharoah's Cursed Land (Pharaoh)
8 Years old
Stallion
16 Hand ;; Qh X Warmblood
Ash Lacroix
Reiner // Trail // Gymkhana
Pharaoh is very spirited under saddle, and competes as if his life depends on it. But other than that he's a very dead horse. Nothing excites him, and he just wants to stand alone away from everything. No event lead to this, he was just born this way. It's as if his spark hasn't been ignited, leading to his disconnection with every one/thing.
✔Being Alone, Winning, Quiet
✗Any treats, Being in a crowd

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX---- (Zahara)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX7 years old
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXMare
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX17 hand; Crossbred // QH X
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXAsh Lacroix
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXTrail // Gymkhana
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXShe serves mostly as Ash's mess around horse. She doesn't really compete,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXand isn't fully trained. She is an angel, despite coming from an auction as
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXskin and bones. She's thick built she can be a bit slow and clunky to ride,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXbut isn't too bad when her mind is focused. Otherwise she'll knock all
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXobstacles down cause if they're down she can't do them. Also, if bored she
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXcan be VERY destructive.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX✔ Food, Attention, Socializing
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX✗ Being told No, Work, Carrots

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXPluto
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX10 Years old
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXStallion
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX16 Hand; Nokota
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUnowned
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXWILD
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXPlu tends to be very dopey in personality. He can be dangerous if provoked.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXBut otherwise he's pretty relaxed and doesn't mind much. He doesn't stay
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXamong the herd, and keeps to himself on the outskirts, making him an easy
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXto find equine. Until stressed he's a wild saint, but once you push past his
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXcomfort zone, be ready to fight. He will seek to injure and fight off any human
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXtrying to push him to face his fears, and he becomes a big ol' grump.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX✔ Apples, Playing
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX✗ Provokation, learning, bagged horse treats

Removed Cause Copyright or whatever, Can't be bugged to find a new photo. Beautiful Brown/white paint. Black Tail and White Mane, Mostly white, Brown over back(Overo I guess?)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXKandi
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX4 years old
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXMare
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX15.2 Hand; Paint X QH
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUnowned
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXWILD
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXShe is extremely grumpy in personality. She doesn't even get along with
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXother horses. When rounded up she was put into a separate pen by herself
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXbecause she was running other horses around and severely injuring many
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXof them. She is often mistaken for a stud from afar due to this attitude. The
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXonly reason she wasn't put back out in the wild was because they didn't want her
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXto reproduce and create more extremely aggressive equines.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX✔Running Wild, Rolling in Dirt
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX✗People, Horses, Confinement
Last edited by xXLuciferXx on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:18 am, edited 9 times in total.
xXLuciferXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ƨκʋℓℓcнιc » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:45 am

(Ima just do my thing here...)

Username: Øekoia
Image (optional; replace with words if no image): Link
Name: Aero
Breed: Clydesdale
Owner and rider: None Yet
Specialty (ie reining): N/A
Personality: Aggressive
Likes/dislikes: L: N/A DL: Saddles, Reins, Most Humans.
Backstory: Aero was always wild. Born wild, runs wild, lives wild. Until, one day, a human lassoed her and pulled her to HighRidge. Now, she lived in an enclosed pen.
Other notes: Not yet tamed, trusts Blaine and Maybelle.

Username: Øekoia
Image (optional; replace with words if no image): Link
Name: Maybelle “May” Lockland
Student or teacher: Student
If student, what app process: The Elites
Horses (names only): None Yet (Soon : Aero)
Pet name, gender, and breed: Carlo : Male : Black Pitbull
Personality: Funny, Slightly Flirty, Sweet, (Can Be) Protective (Over Pets & Horses)
Likes/dislikes: L: Drawing, Horse Taming, etc. DL: Animal Abuse, Selling Horses, Cats.
Fears: Cats, Spiders, (Large) Snakes.
Backstory: May’s family moved to a small mansion near HighRidge, and own their own ranch. She rode horses tons, and accidentally rode her horse into HighRidge. She ended up coming here to become a student, and been here ever since. Yes, her parents know she goes here.
Connections (friends, enemies, etc): None.
Other notes: Occasionally breaks rules and sneaks out at night to see Aero, usually caught (If Not, She Stays Half The Night)
Last edited by Ƨκʋℓℓcнιc on Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:01 am, edited 8 times in total.
ImageI Have Quit CS. Sorry For Any Inconveniences Caused By My Departure.Image

Ƨκʋℓℓcнιc

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:11 am

Yep, you stick your charries here!

Username: Scottish9
Image (optional; replace with words if no image): Blaine is of medium height and light, build. She often wears an assortment of denim, flannel, and leather. Her pixie-cut hair is a dark brown, and her hazel eyes are framed by a light smattering of freckles.
Name: Blaine Walters
Student or teacher: teacher
If student, what app process: N/A
Horses (names only): Zebulon
Pet name, gender, and breed: Malcolm the male Scottish terrier
Personality: Blaine is no-nonsense and often gruff. However, she is charismatic and people often obey her without question. Despite her toughness, she is very understanding and loves nothing more than helping someone succeed. She likes the Charities the best
Likes/dislikes: Likes Charities, horses, dogs, and nature. Dislikes cats, Legacies, and rebels.
Fears: Something happening to the ranch, or someone getting injured.
Backstory: Blaine graduated as a Charity and returned after she lost her job to work on the ranch. She was a troubled child, but horses kept her grounded.
Connections (friends, enemies, etc): None
Other notes: None

Username: Scottish9
Image (optional; replace with words if no image): The typical Fresian, but with a small star that's often covered by his forelock
Name: Zebulon
Breed: Fresian
Owner and rider: owned by Blaine, but he's ridden by any who needs a horse
Specialty (ie reining): Zebulon is a great reining horse, and also a good trail companion
Personality: Zebulon has no understanding of the concept of personal space, and he is very affectionate. However, he doesn't always like to listen and can be a bit strong-headed while under the saddle.
Likes/dislikes: Zebulon likes treats, being groomed, and getting his own way. he dislikes dogs, hills, scary noises, and being bossed around.
Backstory: Zebulon was bought by Blaine as a foal and raised as equal parts steed and pet. Blaine regrets the pet part a bit.
Other notes: He's big
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXLuciferXx » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:27 pm

{{Finished my Characters Finally~}}
xXLuciferXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ƨκʋℓℓcнιc » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:28 am

{Good for you Lucifer....}
{Ima go ahead and start}

Maybelle “May” Lockland : 18 : Tags: Aero

May snook out of her cabin, almost as silent as a mouse. She tossed herself over the fence to the Breaking Arena, right next to Aero. The huge Clydesdale neighed, spooked. “It’s fine, bud.” She whispered. “Easy.” Carlo, her pitbull, noticed his owner was gone, and began barking his muzzle off, giving her away. “Crap.” She said, and threw herself over the fence, and dashed back her cabin, barely missing everyone’s sight.
ImageI Have Quit CS. Sorry For Any Inconveniences Caused By My Departure.Image

Ƨκʋℓℓcнιc

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schmidty. » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:30 am

Username: schmidty.
Name: Ryan Scott
Nickname: Ryan, Ry
Student or teacher: Student
If student, what app process: Elite
Horses (names only): Ricochet
Pet name, gender, and breed: No pets
Personality: Ryan tends to be on the quiet side, and keeps to himself. He will strike up a conversation to be polite, but never gives more information than necessary. When he is comfortable he tends to open up more, but is still careful with who he trusts.
dislikes: being judged, loosing, extreme heat/cold, ponies
Fears: loosing something he loves
Backstory: Ryan has always been a hard worker with natural talent. He strongly relates to "The Charities" because he used to be in their shoes. His family had a small hobby farm in Utah, they owned horses and raised pigs. Ryan's father died when he was seven, and left his mom to run the farm. She sold all of their horses, and didn't buy more pigs the following year. Even after that, they still had no money. She overdosed two years after Ryan's father's death. 9 year old Ryan moved in with his aunt and uncle, who raised horses for a living. He finally got to pick up where he left off with his horsemanship skills. He got his first horse at age 14, that he trained with his uncle's help. Ricochet or "Rico" is Ryan's main horse, trained mainly in cutting but also gymkhana events. The pair finished in the Top 10 in the Utah Youth Cutting Circuit last year. He is moving to High Ridge for more opportunities in the horse industry.
Connections (friends, enemies, etc): none yet
Other notes:

--

Name: Ricochet
Nickname: Rico
Breed: American Paint
Owner and rider: Ryan Scott
Specialty (ie reining): Cutting, Gymkhana
Personality: Spunky but well behaved. He's easy to get along and fun to be around. He is still pretty young and needs more experience but is overall a well mannered horse.
Likes: Food, chasing cows, Ryan, meeting new horses, running fast
dislikes: being penned up for long periods of time, loud noises
Backstory:
Other notes:
Schmidty.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:31 pm

May hadn't been accepted when you started. Please only start if your characters have been accepted

Accepting characters now

Edit: All have been accepted! We shall begin!
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me