Our Last Summer (Accepting)

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Our Last Summer (Accepting)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon May 22, 2017 5:07 am

Plot

After three years of studying at Oak Ridge University, eight close friends have just graduated together, ready to go into the next part of their life. They all met during their first year, at a student meet up event that had been organised by the university, and despite their vast differences, they all mostly clicked together well. While they - as most friendship groups do - had their ups and downs, they managed to stick through it all. However, now that they've graduated, things are likely going to start changing, and soon. With job offers and plans for the future being made, it seems that they are going to soon be going their separate ways. But they aren't willing to let each other go without something for them to make more memories and really make it a farewell to remember. So, together, they decide to rent a beach house in a coastal town called Seacrest for two whole months, and have a long holiday together.

When they arrive, they soon find that the locals (who are used to having students renting one of the large beach houses every summer) - for the most part - are friendly, and they quickly become acquainted with the locals as they start to settle in. Indeed, it's not long before invitations are being extended to the group to attend a series of barbecues on the beach, and other parties and events that are being hosted during the summer. Including the Captain's Ball, which is always situated on the deck of a cruise ship for the night - and this year, it's being held on the night before the group is due to leave Seacrest, making it what will hopefully be the perfect end to the two months. Soon, though, previously undiscovered feelings within the group - both positive and negative - begin to arise. Arguments, confessions and more are set to occur, and these next two months look as though they're going to be an interesting experience for everyone!
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Mon May 22, 2017 10:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Characters

Your character can either be one of the eight friends, or one of the locals to Seacrest. You may have up to three characters, but only one of them can be one of the friends. PM me to reserve a place, and post character forms to the discussion thread.

University Friends
Socialite - Theodore Locke|21|Male|Bisexual (Consulting_Angel).
Athlete - Jason Klein|22|Male|Bisexual (pica99).
Artist - Ariel Devito|22|Male|Pansexual (dazzled)
Musician - Rachel Blakely|22|Female|Heterosexual (velvet melodies).
Rebel - Bella Calaway|22|Female|Straight (plantetfun).
Player - Jaydan Sant|21|Male|Straight (--Emma--)
Bookworm - Milly St.Charles|22|Female|Het (stitch)
Slacker - Elijah Renault|21|Male|Bisexual (Akazrael).

Seacrest Locals (unlimited)
- Rose Novak|22|Female|Bisexual (Consulting_Angel).
- Ezekiel Novak|22|Male|Homosexual (Consulting_Angel).
- Aaro Grey|23|Male|Homoflexible (Horse)
- Lillia White|21|Female|Straight (plantetfun)
- Alexis Carmilla|22|Female|Bisexual (Wolves4life21)
- Mariah Evans|21|Female|Questioning (dazzled)
- Seth Dawson|23|Male|Het (velvet melodies)
- Lea Szarvas|21|Female|Bisexual (pica99)
-
-

Background Information
All eight of the friends have attended Oak Ridge University in the South of England for a full three years. They first met as a whole group during the second week of their first year, at a meet-and-greet event, but some of them could have met beforehand as well. By the end of that day, they all became fairly close, and only were firm friends after another week or two of arranging for them all to meet up in various places together. Naturally, each person may be closer to one or two of the others, or might even secretly dislike someone in the group.

The locals, of course, have lived in the town of Seacrest for pretty much all of their lives (at least a good few years so they know their way around). They tend to hold a beach barbecue every other Saturday evening, if the weather permits such a thing, and it involves beach games - including a mini volleyball tournament. It is one regular event that really brings the townspeople together, both old and young. They also host other events throughout the summer, such as karaoke nights, and the famous Captain's Ball on a cruise ship. They usually get holidaymakers renting out one of the three large beach houses there, and most of them like to introduce themselves to the holidaymakers and show them around.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Fri May 26, 2017 3:56 am, edited 12 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Seacrest Town

Seacrest has three large beach houses that are all owned by the same landlord, who is usually a very laid-back person, and always has groups of students or other holidaymakers renting one of them from him for any amount of time. He's also a very fair person, and as he lives away from Seacrest, he doesn't drop in unannounced - he knows that people don't want to be interrupted during their time, but he does inspect the place after each renter has moved out, just to make sure nothing is damaged.

The rest of the town has around two thousand people living there, making it quite small, but it does get popular during the summer. There's quite a few hotels around, and small apartment blocks, as well as houses. The beachfront is lined with ice cream, doughnut, fish and chip, beach supplies, and more stalls, and a pier that extends out to the sea has a large arcade attached to it. Most of the locals also have their own beach-hut. Further inland, there's a small shopping mall, and many high-street shops, along with a few smaller arcades as well. Seacrest also has a hospital, a primary school, a secondary school, police station, two grocery stores, and a sports centre.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Mon May 22, 2017 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character Form and Rules

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon May 22, 2017 5:08 am

You may use your own form, just as long as everything below is included in some way.

Full Name:
Nickname (if any):
Sexuality:
Nationality/Ethnicity:
Appearance (realistic image or description):
Personality:
Role:
Other:

Rules
- No Mary Sues/Gary Stus/God modding.
- Please only join if you're going to actually be active and not forget about the roleplay after joining.
- Reservations last 24 hours. After that, I'll open the place back up.
- If you want to reserve a place, then please PM me.
- Interact with other characters and don't leave anyone out! That said, don't just wait around for someone to interact with you.
- Every post should be about a paragraph of 4-5 sentences for each character. Writers block is understandable, but constant one- or two- liners will be not acceptable.
- LGBT+ characters are always accepted in my roleplays, as are such relationships. Any sort of hate or discrimination about this (along with race, religion, etc.), then you will not be allowed to join the roleplay.
- No OOC drama. Sort it between yourselves via PM.
- When the roleplay starts, you have 48 hours to also begin, or I will assume that you are no longer interested. (I'm tired of having to wait around for people that don't actually join in with the roleplay).
- As the eight friends have just graduated University, their ages must be around 21-23.
- Keep chat and character forms to the discussion thread.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Updates & Events

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu May 25, 2017 7:36 am

Be sure to check back occasionally for any updates and events that are coming up for the roleplay.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Our Last Summer (Accepting)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Fri May 26, 2017 8:24 am

We will now begin! Everyone has already arrived at the beach house, or are just about to arrive, and it's about mid-afternoon.
Seacrest locals can either be just going about their daily business, or looking forward to greeting the temporary occupants of the beach house.

Theodore Locke
21|Male|Bisexual
The Socialite
Tagged: Open
Theodore had been one of the first to arrive, his car parked in the spacious parking area just outside of the beach house that they were renting for two months. Most of the costs had been covered by his family - something that he had thought very little about - which, considering the size of the building, the cost of bills and the amount of time they were staying for, he knew not everyone would be able to afford to spend quite so much, just as long as they chipped in with something. He had already chosen his room and almost finished unpacking - he decided to leave the rest until later on, so that he could spend some time looking around the rest of the house.
Now, currently, he was in the kitchen, squeezing some lemons and pouring the juice into a jug. He was surprised to find that the house had been stocked with food for them, but it wouldn't last the entire two months, of course. He hummed under his breath, obviously in a very good mood.

Rose Novak
22|Female|Bisexual
Seacrest Local
Tagged: Open.
Rose walked down the street, resisting the urge to go faster. She was looking forward to meeting whoever was staying at one of the beach houses, knowing that they were moving in today. Hopefully, they would be nice people, though she wasn't too worried about that, as it was usually good people that came every year anyway. She also hoped that she could extend the invitation for tonight's beach party - the first one of the summer for the town - and maybe talk about what else the town could offer them. Or maybe, she thought, they could be return visitors - it sometimes happened, and it was always exciting to catch up with those that they remembered. Soon, she came to the driveway, and she glanced back for a moment, as if to see if her brother had stayed with her.

Ezekiel Novak
22|Male|Homosexual
Seacrest Local
Tagged: Open.
Ezekiel was following his sister, albeit very reluctantly. He honestly didn't really see what was so exciting about meeting and greeting the new tenants of the beach houses each summer, but since he and Rose did that every year since they had arrived in Seacrest, he felt that he was obliged to go. As long as he wasn't expected to do much talking. He told himself that he only went to make sure that no one dodgy was taking up residence in the beach houses, so that he could make sure that his sister was safe. He knew that he'd rather be at home, reading a new book that he had bought a few days ago, but that would have been pretty much impossible.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

AARO - 1

Postby Horse » Fri May 26, 2017 9:41 am

AARO

where: sidewalk; with: rose & ezekiel

xxxxxIt was hot in the afternoon when Aaro pedaled his way down a street running parallel to the ocean, his shoulder-length hair that stuck out of his pony-tail fluttering around in the wind he drew up behind him. He wore faded blue skinny jeans and a boxy white sleeveless ribbed top that rippled a bit from the air that traveled through it as he biked. On his feet he wore grey converse sneakers as well as a braided neon yellow anklet that matched the color of the small, sporty backpack he slung behind his back. His backpack only held his phone as he left the rest of the space in it free for the fresh fish he planned to buy at a fish market for his dinner. Although the market had recently opened and he didn't know exactly where it was- he knew it was somewhere on one of the roads near the shore, though- he decided to find it anyway, even if it would take him a bit to find it. He was up for some adventure, anyway- he always was.

xxxxxA few minutes had passed when he reached a nicer part of the road, or where the rental beach houses were. They were quite large and some were whimsical, always making him enjoy looking at them whenever he biked past them. He did wonder who happened to rent the houses that year; he generally greeted new renters of the houses and sometimes made friends out of them although they didn't stick around for so long.

xxxxxHowever, his curiosity was soon put to rest when he spotted both what appeared to be a young man and woman near the sidewalk facing in his direction. He didn't exactly know that the two were locals and decided they had to be renters, so he slowed his pace while biking towards the sidewalk near them before hopping off, not exactly wearing a helmet like he should have done being the crazy, daredevil-ish spitfire he was. The bicycle he rode still moved forward at a slow pace when he landed on his feet and while he still held a hand on it, controlling it as not to go too fast as he caught up to its front. Now walking it down the sidewalk, Aaro raised his free hand up and waved it with a bright smile to the two people a short distance away.

xxxxx"Hi!" he called to them in a cheery tone before approaching the two, his white teeth bared in a wide grin he offered. He stopped his bike from rolling when he arrived in front of the two, still smiling as he lowered his waving hand to hold the strap of his backpack he wore on his back. To him, it was good chance to attempt to make some friends although he had them mistaken for a group of renters. "I'm Aaro," he introduced himself cheerfully, offering an extended hand towards them with nails painted a bright blue color and with a wrist full of braided bracelets that stacked up for a boho look, "Are you guys the new renters around here?"
Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby querencia » Fri May 26, 2017 11:38 am

jason klein - the athlete
(feeling : lost )(location : near the bus top) (tagged : open)
─────────────────────────────────
jason woke up as the bus came to a stop, his head comically smashing into the window at his side. a groan of pain emerged from his seat but life never waited on anyone and he just had to get up,
get his many bags and exit the empty bus. an empty bus was strange to him, for years he had been jammed into buses with sweaty, screaming jocks as they went to their meets. overall the experience had been eerie and he'd probably only passed out for about half an hour of a trip of several hours.

unlike most of his friends, jason did not own a car. he didn't even have a listen after his sister had given him a speech about those 'metal death traps.' it wasn't like he would be able to afford a car that was anything more than a death trap anyway. he leaned back ever so slightly, face tilted to the sky as he whistled while he walked down the street, listening for his phone to direct him to the location. however after a while of it not responding he finally checked it, only to find it dead. great. he wandered to a street sign and set two of his duffels down to peer at the street name, as if that would help him.

lea szarvas - local
(feeling : busy )(location : her bakery) (tagged : open)
───────────────────────────────
a huff came from the baker as she closed the trunk of her car, at long last all the supplies were on the ground beside her. for a moment, she just leaned forward to press her forehead against the cool window of the car, it was minuscule, able to fit in the alleyway turned driveway just next to the bakery. using her legs, she began to lift one box and take it inside, one at a time. she knew her leg would be unforgiving later but she wasn't the type to acknowledge that she couldn't do something.

if she had been told a few years back that she'd be running a bakery? lea would have died of laughter but now it seemed just right after what happened. as she continued to bring boxes in her mind went to the party tonight and the new people and a conflicted feeling swept over her. there was always a worry that one of the tourists would be from her old town but honestly, did it matter anymore? but if they were all different it would be great. once all the boxes were inside lea went about her work. the way the shop was set up was so if anyone came in they could immediately see her in the kitchen area due to a wall-to-wall sized window looking into it, that way she didn't usually need to hire a part-timer. but now all she had to do was get baking since she was supposed to bring treats for the party.
querencia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emma ; » Fri May 26, 2017 12:10 pm

J-A-Y-D-E-N -P-L-A-Y-E-R
I sat in the back of the bus. I didn't have a car like Jason. "Jason?" I walked to the seat behind him "Hey nice too see you buddy." I laughed and crouched to the seat next to him. I watched out the window as a plane went by, it made its own art behind it. I tapped my foot against the side of the bus. "Pretty day eh?" I said to Jason. I haven't known the kid that long but we were kind of friends. I watched as he stepped of the bus, must have not heard me I thought. I walked over to him as he got off the bus "Hey Jason?" I asked with question in my voice.
Last edited by emma ; on Fri May 26, 2017 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ooi... this isnt finished but me and my best friend match and i like stranger things.
emma ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolves4life21 » Fri May 26, 2017 12:10 pm

Alexis carmilla
Female
Bisexual
Tags: Open
Alexis walks to the back of the dog kennels, filling up buckets and drying off empty crates. For a tough girl, she has a soft heart for animals. She turns around and looks at her dogs Axel and Cleo, two black and tan doberman's who are well trained and very protective. "How's my big babies?" She says in a baby voice. Axel and Cleo start barking and jump up at the cage, knowing it was tine to go. Alexis only worked AM shift today, so her and her dogs were gonna go to the store and pick up food. "Axel... Cleo... Come on guys," She says as she opens the crates to let them out. Axel goes running for Balto, a reddish brown husky, both snapping at eachother. "Ayyy," Alexis yells as she grabs Axel by the scruff of his neck. "Leave it," She says as she pulls Axel and Cleo out of the Kennels. Greeted by Tim, Alexis nods at him and walks around the front desk, logging into the computer and clocking out. "Alright guys lets go," She says as she opens the doors for them. The two run for the white ford 150 tuscany truck, with Alexis following she opens the doors and gets in herself.

As they pull into the parking lot, the dogs start barking. "Yeah you guys know where you are," She says, as she gets out of the truck and lets them out. Knowing the people who work here, they allow the dogs inside. Cleo and Axel are known very well in this town and are very much respected... by most.... As they walk into the store, Axel starts to sniff at the dog food grabbing a can and putting it inside the basket. "Purina huh? Trying something new Axel?" She says, giggling to herself.
Wolves4life21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me