Not Quite an Office Sitcom (Accepting!)

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Not Quite an Office Sitcom (Accepting!)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:53 pm

Plot

You work at Peraza Industries' head office, a company that sells high-quality office supplies. Every day (except Sunday), you see the same people, working the same way... but what if something changes? Something to make things a bit more... exciting?

Enter your new co-workers, two siblings that start out seemingly friendly, but it soon becomes clear that they are far from that after a few months. They want to reach the position of 'top employee' and get the boss's attention. So how do they do that? By trying to bring down the other employees, of course. Things sometimes get out of hand, but somehow, the boss never seems to be aware of any of this going on. It doesn't help that he also likes to plan out 'employee bonding days', which tend to become a disaster until the last minute.

Things take a turn when, after one particularly dangerous scheme by the siblings that almost goes horribly wrong, one of the siblings has a moment of realisation makes a complete turn around. Righting their wrongs is just one string of events that runs alongside several other events that the other employees are involved with... and when the boss announces that everyone will be taking a holiday together - himself included - things are just going to get crazier, right?

AssassinPerson is co-owner.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:49 am, edited 8 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character List

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:54 pm

You may have up to two characters. Please PM either AssassinPerson or myself to reserve characters - or mark a post on the discussion thread. Reservations last 24 hours, and if you have not posted your character's form on the discussion thread, then the place will be opened up again.
If you're not sure about what each role may involve, then check the discussion thread for character role summaries.
Note: Some roles are gender-specific. Check the parenthesis next to each role name.

*Protagonist - Derek Martin|33|Male|Queer (nwah).
*Love Interest - Theodore Locke|26|Male|Bisexual (Consulting_Angel).
*Boss - Enrique Peraza|38|Male|Asexual-Panromantic (Consulting_Angel).
WLW 1 - Janet Wood|28|Female|Lesbian (nwah).
WLW 2 - Taighlaré Lanos|27|Female|Pansexual (foxx,).
Gamer - Elizabeth Griffiths|27|Female|Ace (Bisylizzie).
Coffee Shop Worker - Harvey Corrigan|26|Male|Bisexual (AssassinPerson).
The Stoic - Cassandra Fischer|37|Female|Bisexual (nwah).
Boss's Secretary - Claire Waters|25|Female|Straight (IDontRegretThis).
*Antagonist - Tamiko Akiyama|27|Female|Bisexual (Feeling★Lucky).
*Antagonist's Sibling - Tewaku Akiyama|25|Female|Biromantic-Asexual (kyū).
Head of Office Security - Jessa Clarke|36|Female|Bisexual (Maenerva).
Boss's Relative - Amelia Peraza|25|Female|Pansexual (Feeling★Lucky).
The 'Cool Girl' - Wolfie Grant|24|Female|Straight (sniper;).
Intern - Daniel Ashcroft|18|Male|Straight (Bisylizzie)

Characters with a '*' by them means that role must be filled before the roleplay begins.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Form and Rules

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:54 pm

You may use your own form, as long as everything below is included in some way.

Full Name:
Nickname (if any):
Sexuality:
Nationality/Ethncity:
Appearance (description or realistic photo):
Personality:
Role:
Other:

Rules
- No Mary Sues/Gary Stus/God modding.
- Please only join if you're going to actually be active and not forget about the roleplay after joining.
- Reservations last 24 hours. After that, I'll open the place back up.
- If you want to reserve a place, then please PM me or AssassinPerson.
- Interact with other characters and don't leave anyone out! That said, don't just wait around for someone to interact with you.
- Every post should be about a paragraph of 4-5 sentences for each character. Writers block is understandable, but constant one- or two- liners will be not acceptable. Character forms must be able to reflect this. (However, if I know you well enough as a roleplayer, then some exceptions may be made).
- LGBT+ characters are always accepted in my roleplays, as are such relationships. Any sort of hate or discrimination about this (along with race, religion, etc.), then you will not be allowed to join the roleplay.
- Please create diverse characters! I'm fed up of seeing roleplays filled with characters that are just cis, white and straight girls. Seriously. Overall limit is 2.
- Characters should be around their mid-late twenties, but for some characters, preferably older - with the exception of the intern.
- No OOC drama. Sort it between yourselves via PM.
- When the roleplay starts, you have 48 hours to also begin, or I will assume that you are no longer interested. (I'm tired of having to wait around for people that don't actually join in with the roleplay).
- Absolutely no romance between the intern (who should be about 17/18) and any of the other characters. No exceptions.
- Keep chat and character forms to the discussion thread.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Updates & Events

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:31 am

Check back here occasionally for any announcements or upcoming events.

Now accepting reservations!

The roleplay will start before the dangerous almost-goes-horribly-wrong scheme, and then the holiday outing will begin to take place around page 10/15, depending on how many characters we have and what happens.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Not Quite an Office Sitcom (Accepting!)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:00 am

We'll start now! It's a Tuesday morning, about an hour before the lunch break.

Theodore Locke
26|Male
Love Interest
Tagged: Open.
Theo was sat at his desk, writing up a sales report based on a new product that had been released the previous month - a new range of fancy highlighters in 'unusual' colours (light purple, sky blue, red, and grey) that also had part of the nib transparent, so the user could see clearly where the end of the sentence or part that they're highlighting is. Occasionally, he would glance up very briefly, as if to see what someone else that was sat in his eyeline was doing, but he did mainly focus on the screen of his computer. While he was writing the report, he was also humming, under his breath, 'You'll Be Back' (from Hamilton), resisting the temptation to just outright singing it aloud.

Enrique Peraza
38|Male
The Boss
Tagged: Open.
Sat in his office, Rico was getting increasingly bored. He had scheduled a meeting for after lunch, but other than that, he did not have much to do at all unless someone was to come to him with a request. Sure, he could go and see what his employees were up to, but he did have some faith in them that they could be unsupervised. He leaned back in his chair, and looked up at the ceiling, only to fall off his chair no more than a few seconds later because he had spotted a rather large house spider on the ceiling of his office.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chase. » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:11 am

Wolfie
╔═════════╗

'please don't break
my heart.'

n. name[s]: wolf,
role: cool girl
sexuality: straight
insta: @that.girl.wolfie
specialities: dogs, art
crush: tbd <3
form: [xXx]
Tags:
>> open

╚═════════╝

Wolfie sat down at a desk, swivelling around on her chair until she became to dizzy and was forced to stop, looking as the room around her kept spinning. Shaking her head to concentrate she held onto her desk, pulling her chair in again as she returned to her walk. Picking up her sharpened pencil she returned back to her piece of paper, brushing her hair over her shoulder so she could see. Wolfie was designing some kid's felt tips, each having the lid as an animal. Her favourite one was of course the grey wolf, followed by the blue-jay, more because she liked the sketch. Sitting forward in her chair she began sketching another pen, this time a black bear for the black marker.
chase.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:17 am

Elizabeth Griffins
27|Female
Gamer
Tagged: Open
Lizzie had been sat at her desk for a while, having been there pretty much since they were allowed into the building. Pair of headphones loosely hanging around her neck, no music playing, notebook of plain paper to one side, idly doodling. With the occasional quick glance around the office, to see whether anyone was doing much of much excitement, she quietly scrolled through their new catalog release, checking it over before it was sent to be properly printed. After a few pages of the same thing, she put down the pencil and released the mouse and, checking the boss wasn't around, stretched, almost exaggeratedly. "Guess it's almost lunchtime..." she said with a glance at the clock, not directed to anyone in particular "...We doin' the usual, getting something ordered from Harvey's?"

Daniel Ashcroft
18|Male
Intern
Tagged: Open
Daniel looked over his checklist a couple of times, having just ticked the last item off. Giving a quick glance up at the time, he wondered if it was worth seeing if there was anything else he could do, or just take it easy until the lunch break. After a moment lost in thought, conflicted between the two options, he sighed and decided to spend a little while longer proof-reading the main report he had been working on - a look at social media reception of a few products they had released recently - figuring that there'd be no harm in making sure he hadn't missed anything. When Lizzie spoke up, he paused in his work and looked over at her, giving a nod in response to her question.
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nwah » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:37 am

Janet Wood
28|Lesbian|Woman
WLW 1
Tags: Open
Janet had just wrapped up a sales call with one of the company's smaller clients. Setting her headset on her desk and stretching her arms up over her head she let out a quiet yawn. "I desperately need coffee a-sap!" Jan said in response to Elizabeth's conversation about lunch. "Or a scotch at the rate these calls are going," she joked. Janet stood up and took a walk around the office to wake herself up and see what her coworkers were up to. She took a bouncy ball from her desk and bounced it on the floor as she walked.

Cassandra Fischer
37|Bi|Woman
The Stoic
Cassandra had her headphones on almost since she arrived at the office, trying to tune out the rest of the office but letting her eyes wander from her computer screen every now and then so she could make sure whatever nonsense her coworkers were up to was harmless. She worked on her spreadsheets hoping to remain undisturbed, typing away on her keyboard and calculator. As her eyes glanced around she shook her head to herself as she noticed more than a few employees seemingly not working as hard as she believed they should.

Derek Martin
33|Queer|Man
Protagonist
Derek was sat at his desk behind a comically large stack of paperwork, almost all of which was for extra projects he had taken on believing more responsibility could land him a better position in the company. He was working feverishly trying to get as much done as possible before lunch. Pausing momentarily to check the time, he couldn't help but notice how much work everyone was getting done with only one of the siblings in the office that day. Derek took advantage of that by directing his focus back to his work, smiling to himself at Theo's quiet humming.
nwah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:10 am

Theodore Locke
26|Male
Love Interest
Tagged: Elizabeth, Anyone.
Having nearly finished the report, Theo glanced up, ceasing his humming and visually perking up at the mention of ordering something for lunch. "Oh yeah," he responded to Elizabeth, "someone should probably put in the order soon, so Harvey can get here on time..." Within a matter of seconds, he had written down his order - a honey and lemon green tea, as usual - on a Post-It note, and it was now stuck to the top of his computer screen, but not so that it was obscuring anything on the screen. He glanced across the office, and he couldn't help but raise an eyebrow in amusement at the stack of paperwork that hid Derek from view.

Enrique Peraza
38|Male
The Boss
Tagged: Anyone.
A little dazed after falling on the floor, Rico kept an eye on the spider, and he slowly got himself back up, reaching for the phone on his desk. He dialed the employee's office - it took a little longer than it probably should have, considering he did not want to look away from the spider, in case it moved, and as soon as someone picked up, he started talking, "If there's someone free, then please could you send them to my office?" he chose to not give an explanation just yet. Y'know, in case whoever picked up had put the phone on speakerphone for everyone to hear.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby encia » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:43 pm

tewaku akiyama // female // twenty-five // antagonist's sibling // tags; -
    tewaku clicked her tongue, tapping her finger on the mouse. her sibling wasn't around right now, and everyone seemed to be getting a lot more work done than when her sibling was there. she decided to not do anything, since it could end up in her being rejected by her sibling, which was pretty much opposite of what she wanted: approval. tewaku glanced at the clock, then back at the report she had been writing up. it's almost lunch time. she thought, hearing the voices of her co-workers. perhaps they're chatting about what they're getting for lunch.
Last edited by encia on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
encia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me