★ Dream Yourself Awake ★

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

★ Dream Yourself Awake ★

Postby Lacuna » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:22 am

Setting and Plot Overview

In a not-too-distant future, humans have lost the ability to dream as a result of brain-damaging pollution. All children are born without the ability to dream, and seem to have no chance of developing it. Unfotunately for the dreamless humans, several corrupt government officials saw the situation as an opportunity to control the population, and funded the creation of a serum that restores the ability to dream. Though this government is controlling politically, it is important to note that the citizens still receive basic education, and those who have kept their rights are working members of society who earn money. Life is not good, but it is not completely dismal, either, as the government's main concern is its own internal power struggles. One of their most important concerns are those people who can no longer care for themselves due to the effects of the serum. They are taken care of by the government, because if they die their votes are lost.

This serum returns the ability to dream (and the added benefits of total dream recall, vivid dreams, and lucid dreaming), but any citizen who chooses to take it permanently loses their right to vote, and their votes count as the government decrees. Approximately 2/3 of adults who were once able to dream have chosen to take the serum, despite the fact that there are also a few possible side effects. The most fearsome is the fact that a small number of people are affected differently, having a continuous waking nightmare after taking the serum. Much more commonly, though, they become addicted to the pleasure that their dreams can offer in a world that is dying.

It has now been approximately twenty years since the creation of the serum, and many young adults who were born without the ability to dream, or who lost it when they were too young to remember, are turning eighteen and becoming eligible to take the serum and relinquish their right to vote. They have until their twenty-third birthday to decide, or lose both their chance at the serum and their right to vote. If they could change the system, it might be possible to clean the air and restore natural dreams, as well as save loved ones who have not yet decided their fate from the clutches of the serum. The choice is a difficult one: do they believe that they can gather forces with great enough numbers to usurp the government, or will the lure of dreams be stronger than a rebellion?

We will be roleplaying starting with a protest march that is being run, in a very disorganized manner, by NPCs. All of our characters should have some desire to join the rebellion, even if they are conflicted, and they are watching the march. Afterwards they will meet slowly and begin to discuss the happenings. From there, it's up to you. They can form one group, separate groups that work together, or some can even join the other side to take the serum.

Rules and Regulations

THE USUAL:
    Follow all roleplay board rules as well as the forum rules. This includes no cursing, even if you star it out. Also, please do not decorate your roleplay posts with pictures, because this is considered spam.
POSTING:
    This is a high semi-literate roleplay. I expect at least one good paragraph per character, per post. Writer's block is not an excuse. If I think you are not literate enough, I will not accept you. I also expect posts to be in third person, and I do not care if you decorate them or not, but please head the post with the character's name. You may not post more than two pages without me.
FORMS:
    There are no reservations. Please PM forms to me to join this roleplay. I will approve them or deny them. If I approve, post on the thread. If I deny you, it's not personal. If a form is posted on the thread without my approval, it will be denied no matter what. I would prefer you use your own form, as this roleplay doesn't have a specialized form. If you do not have one to use, PM me and I can help you. Your form doesn't have to be incredibly detailed, and I will look at your posts. If you think I won't find anything there, feel free to link me to a better example when you PM your form.
CHARACTERS:
    Only real pictures are allowed, and you may make either one or two characters. If you make two, they must be opposite genders. Characters should be between the ages of 18 - 22. There is only space for 5 males and 5 females. No exceptions.
OTHER:
    If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me and ask them. I'm a lot nicer than these rules seem; I just want to make everything run smoothly. I hope to hear from you guys soon!

[P.S. The plot above and the forms for my characters are mine. Please do not use, abuse, or modify without my permission.]
Last edited by Lacuna on Fri May 11, 2012 7:01 am, edited 8 times in total.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Characters

Characters

Males:
Reagan Kane Maguire - 18 - Liddi - link
Jake Brenden Soul - 20 - my Lalia - link
Todd Darkot - 22 - Jetta - link
Everett Damion Fernsby - 22 - Study in Scarlet - link

Females:
Auralee Evette Vossen - 21 - Liddi - link
Eden Elizabeth Warsaw - 22 - Second_Choey - link
Emma Lockewald - 19 - Artesian - link
Willow Figsby - 20 - MBRShorse - link
Last edited by Lacuna on Fri May 11, 2012 7:00 am, edited 10 times in total.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dream Yourself Awake | Semi-Lit to Lit | Dystopia | WIP

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Oɴᴇ

Name: Auralee Evette Vossen
            Nickname: Lee
            Birthday: January 3rd

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tᴡᴏ

Height: 5' 1"
            Weight: 105 lbs
            Hair: mouse brown
            Eyes: chocolate brown
            Complexion: light tan with freckles
            Body Mods: none

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tʜʀᴇᴇ

Personality:
              Throughout her life, people have viewed Lee as "that shy kid" and it was uncommon that people knew her name. She does not readily introduce herself or take part in conversations, preferring to spend time with a few close friends or alone. Through the combination of her short stature and her introverted personality, she has been basically invisible her entire life, and she cannot say that she is opposed to that. The quiet is her solace, and she prefers activities that one does alone, such as reading or listening to music.

When Lee makes a decision, she will stick to what she has chosen. However, while she is reaching her decision she is easily influenced by the opinions of others. Though reserved, she likes to please those she respects and is friendly with, and will often take their views into account before her own. This leads her to make choices that she will be unhappy with in the future, but her spark of determination keeps her from going back on her word to continue the path she has chosen. If there is something that is important to her, she will not give up and pursues the task with a single-mindedness that can be seen as borderline obsessive.

A characteristic that Lee tends to hide from most, even more than usual, is her artistry. Her talent is rare and almost dream-like, and those who have experienced it are immediately drawn to her fantasy and imagination in a world where there is precious little of either. She prefers to keep her talents under wraps because exposure would draw too much attention. However she can, and will, make a healthy profit from selling her work if it is necessary. She will spend much of her time alone painting or drawing.

Lee's personality culminates in an archetype that can be referred to as the true friend. She is honorable and loyal above all, and refuses to abandon or mistreat those she has let into her inner circle. Though many who are not close to her will view her as distant and cold, it is just her lack of interpersonal skills. Those who are close to her immediately understand that she is rare, and either protect her or, rarely, seek to exploit her innocence and candor.

History:
              Lee grew up in a fairly normal household, where both of her parents had chosen not to take the dream serum. Her father often seemed to regret his decision, but did not push his children, Lee and her younger brother, in their choices. Her parents encouraged her artistic talents, and are still very near to her heart, though she has lost touch with them.

When she was seventeen, Lee met Jordan, who seemed to be her perfect match. He was sweet and caring in addition to being Lee's protector. The main difference between them was that he had grown up basically orphaned, as his parents had him young, and then chose to take the dream serum and became addicted. He was amazed by Lee's artistic talent, and her ability to paint things that she was unable to dream. Eventually, though he loved her, he chose to take the serum because he secretly envied her talent, and wanted to be able to experience the same thing. Though he promised that he would still be with her afterwards, he was one of the unlucky few who experienced the side effect of waking nightmares associated with the serum, and Lee has been without him since.

She does not want to love again, because she no longer trusts it, and is internally torn between her desire to take the serum and join Jordan and the others in addiction or madness and the understanding that she might be able to help society change for the better if she releases her art on a larger scale.

Dislikes: Crowds, loud noises, love, lies, vegetables.
            Fears: Falling in love again, the dark.
            Quirks: She keeps a pencil behind her ear at all times.
            Medical Problems: none

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fᴏᴜʀ

Orientation: heterosexual
            Relationship Status: single
            View on Love: She has been hurt in the past, and is not interested in another relationship.

Eᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

Username: Liddi
            Activeness: One post per day.
            Literacy Level: Literate [two paragraphs or more]
Last edited by Lacuna on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dream Yourself Awake | Semi-Lit to Lit | Dystopia | WIP

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Oɴᴇ

Name: Reagan Kane Maguire
            Nickname: Kane
            Birthday: October 10th

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tᴡᴏ

Height: 5' 11"
            Weight: 164 lbs
            Hair: brown with gold highlights
            Eyes: jasper green
            Complexion: pale with several small birthmarks
            Body Mods: none

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tʜʀᴇᴇ

Personality:
              The first thing that people notice about Kane is his awkwardness. He grew into his body too fast, it's true, but the clumsiness is not only there. He is hopeless with girls, often blurting out things that he has not thought through or didn't want to say in the first place. Most people view him as a geek or younger than he is because he seems to be missing some key social skills, but plows ahead in spite of his deficiency. If one was to ask him, Kane would say that he is not embarrassed about his common missteps, and he is the first to laugh at himself.

This leads, of course, to his fun-loving nature. He loves playing games of both luck and skill, and for the most part is a model participant. After all, he would say, they're just games. He enjoys sports because they allow him to be social and make friends, even if his awkwardness keeps him from being the best player. Jokes are another hobby of Kane's, though many do not consider it a hobby. He loves the reactions that he gets from people when he tells a good joke, and despite the awkwardness he has quite a few friends and a large circle of acquaintances as a result of playing it off as cool.

Beneath the exterior of the gregarious young adult lies an intensely analytical mind. Kane is always calculating, and if a situation is important he will carefully consider the outcomes before he acts, even if he often makes errors in judgement. He enjoys numbers and is actually quite intelligent, not to mention the fact that everything that happens around him is stored easily in his mind, though he does not have a photographic memory. This gives him a hard edge to his soft side, because he does not easily forgive, let alone forget. If someone has done him wrong, he takes careful note of it.

One cannot be interested in the numerical aspect of life without being competitive, and Kane is no exception to that rule. Though he is not worried about winning when playing games or sports, he keeps track of more important things, such as how well liked he is and how intelligent those around him are. He has the makings of a great leader within his personality, but he is too young to realize that he has yet to reach his full potential.

History:
              Kane's family is very interesting. He has two siblings, a brother that is a year older, and a sister who is a year younger. His parents, however, are the point of interest. His father [who had chosen not to take the serum] was nearing thirty when he married Kane's mother, who was barely eighteen soon after the ability to dream was lost. They were much in love, and had three children in quick succession. However, his mother soon came to realize that she could not deal with the stress of three young children, and elected to take the serum shortly after Kane turned three. His father takes care of her, and there are times when she is functioning. Kane loves his mother, and her ability to remain outside of the serum's complete control gives him hope.

He did well in school, played sports, and had many friends, though he has never had a girlfriend. He turned eighteen recently, and is now faced with the choice of taking the serum or not. He wants to wait, because he feels like he has plenty of time to decide. However, his world has been shaken by his older brother's recent decision to take the serum, and his younger sister's insistence that it will be her choice as well. Though it has occurred to him that it is the easier path, he is still convinced that he will wait to make his decision, and it is possible that his true potential as a leader with be brought to the surface.

Likes: Friends, sports, junk food, pretty girls, sunny days.
            Dislikes: Down time, milk, cats, snobs, quitters.
            Fears: Being alone, heights.
            Quirks: His hair cannot be tamed.
            Medical Problems: nut allergy [moderate]

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fᴏᴜʀ

Orientation: heterosexual
            Relationship Status: single
            View on Love: He looks forward to a relationship.

Eᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

Username: Liddi
            Activeness: One post per day.
            Literacy Level: Literate [two paragraphs or more]
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dream Yourself Awake | Semi-Lit to Lit | Dystopia | ★ OP

Postby Lacuna » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eden . » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:10 pm

-----------------------------------------//I'M SORRY, DO I KNOW YOU?
"I don't
have any idea who
you are.
"

Eden Elizabeth Warsaw is her name, and caution is her game. Eden prefers animosity wherever possible. While her name is rather biblical Eden [nor her family in particular] is not religious, although she does believe in a god of some sort. Not just "the" god. Elizabeth comes from her great grandmother's name, who was in Russia when the Warsaw Pact was created during the Cold War. While her last name has little relation to the Soviet Union's equivalent of the NATO organization, it was an interesting connection that her parents decided to play on.

"Twenty - Two.
I'm getting old.
"
At twenty - two years of age, Eden was born about two months earlier than she should've, her predicted birth date being the 3rd of May. However, she was born on March 2nd. Her mother, completely off guard, tried to contact the hospital, who were skeptical of her claims that she had gone into labor two months early. They asked the nearby husband to make sure Eden wasn't born until they came. When they did, her mother insisted that she really couldn't move, but the paramedics were adamant. Eden was born while her mother was traversing down the stairs. You can bet that Eden is quite entertained by her surprise visit to the world.

"Now you
see, that's rather
uncalled for.
"

Her petite form is a dead giveaway to her gender, as well as her rather doe - ish eyes. She exudes a pixie - like aura, although perhaps it would be more like the pixie - queen instead of any old pixie. Eden has an odd authority about her that still holds a feminine quality. Her short hair might imply masculinity, but frankly as an avid feminist Eden couldn't care less about what gender haircuts imply.

WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?//-----------------------------------------------

"I'm not
a tattoo fan, but
I do have a couple
of piercings.
"

Eden is strongly against tattoos, believing that marring yourself voluntarily with spikes that literally pump ink underneath your skin is pointless and not worth the time or money. Besides, she reasons, in a few decades the tattoo won't look half as good as it did when you first got it. And Eden loves her skin as it is, thank you, without some sort of graffiti on it. Eden has two piercings on her right ear -- one on the lobe and the other more in the upper part of the ear -- and another on the lobe of her left ear.

"It's short
and it's brown. It's
actually really
easy to take care
of this way.
"

A very nice and charming shade of chestnut, Eden enjoys keeping it smooth and sleek. She dislikes the sight of dull and matted hair. It makes her skin crawl. When she was younger she had longer hair, but after a while she thought she'd go for a new look, and with the encouragement with some of her more rebellious friends Eden got a new boyish cut. They were all convinced she'd look terrible, but Eden pleasantly surprised them all, rocking the new look. She's kept it like that ever since, and she's enjoying the ease of care it's giving her.

"Brown. I honestly
don't know what else
to tell you.
"

Her eyes are rather large and doe - like, especially for someone of her age. They are a pleasant shade of warm brown, a few shades lighter than her hair. In darker light her eyes may seem nearly black, or at the very least somewhat reminiscent of dark chocolate. Her eyebrows always had a rather interesting quirk that Eden always liked. Her eyes are usually filled with a rather polite interest. Perhaps it's because of the innocence they seem to convey, but her eyes usually portray Eden as smaller than she might be.

"Unspeakable
is what it is.
"

Standing at a rather embarrassing five feet and five inches [5'5''], Eden's height has always been an area she's been self - conscious of. Typically she tries to wear wedges and heels often, but of course she's still usually quite short compared to other people. What's more frustrating is that her mother is at least 5'8'', and her father nearly topping 6'. Her younger brother is already about five inches taller than her when he's three years younger than her.

"I'm actually
really close to the
target weight.
For my height,
of course.
"

Eden weighs a healthy 129 lbs. While that might seem like a lot, in reality the media is just feeding you the wrong idealistic weight. While you can't call Eden chunky [she's still a few pounds shy on the underweight side], she does have a healthy layer of fat on her. Everyone seems to think all fat is the Antichrist, but really it's just as unhealthy not to have any fat at all, as Eden knows well. Under her fat, Eden does have some muscle. It's not like she can judo - flip you against the wall, but she can throw a good heel punch.

"I don't think
I have much to complain
about ... except
for the height thing.
"

While her height might make her seem rather meek and small, rest assured Eden makes up for it in attitude. Eden's body language most often exudes confidence, her head always held high and her strides straightforward. Perhaps it's because her hair is so short, but Eden seemingly has a rather longer neck that lets off a rather royal aura. Her shoulders are narrow, accentuating her petite form, although they're not bony. Indeed, while Eden might be thin you can't really say she looks unhealthy. She's well toned from consistent exercise. She's got a healthy look about her, really.
Everything about her seems to be mini - sized. Her hands, feet, fingers, they're all small, like a fairy. Sometimes Eden appreciates her charm, and other times she's frustrated that she doesn't have that "mature" look.

--------//I THINK THAT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS
"I think for
the most part I'm
a pretty nice
gal.
"
Eden tends to enjoy her privacy. If she has no idea who you are, she's going to be pretty guarded against you. Then again, who wouldn't be towards a complete and total stranger? She's very practical in this respect, and takes great cares and pains to think things through. People will probably say that she overthinks things, and that's also probably true. It can become rather exasperating, at times, and it takes a lot to get Eden to leave her usual method of careful planning. As such, it also takes a lot to get Eden out of her comfort zone. Rarely will she ever stretch herself to try out new things when she feels perfectly satisfied with the things she has now. As a result, her horizons tend to be a bit narrow.

Eden dislikes being asked personal questions the more she doesn't know you. However, it's not because she has something scandalous to hide more so than she finds it rude that you had the gall to ask her in the first place. If she's known you for a while, and the subject comes up, sure, she'll talk about it. But if you come up to her and offer her a cup of coffee and ask her what her entire life story is, Eden will be rather offended. She takes manners and etiquette very seriously. Because of this, she might come off as stiff and a bit too polite. It may make others believe that she's got a pole up her butt all the time, but in reality Eden is just making sure she doesn't overstep a boundary. She likes to take things slow and carefully. Thus, Eden rarely lets her hair down and talk casually and intimately with anyone. In fact, she's hardly done that with her family. Perhaps it's because she never really felt the inherent need to depend on anyone.

Her careful planning all the time usually directly links to her pessimism which she really doesn't mean to have. Eden tends to plan for the worst because she figures that if she covers the most catastrophic scenario then all the other scenarios will be fine. Still, thinking in this sort of manner comes off as depressing to others, although Eden is really trying to be thorough.

While she has the capability to take care of herself and is a full - functioning adult, she does enjoy the presence of other people. She always feels joyful and happiest when she's talking in a crowd. You can most typically find a warm smile on her face while she's at a party. Her natural charisma tends to make her easy to talk to, although one might feel a bit restrained because of, once again, her etiquette.

You're almost never going to see Eden lose her temper and start flailing her arms around. She gets stern, yes, and adopts the voice of that of a parent to a misbehaving child when she feels wronged, but she's never going to throw a punch or start screaming at you. Eden finds that unbecoming and puts her in a negative light. She doesn't want to be remembered for the girl that started shouting in your face. Eden also tends to be rather serious, although if you make a good joke she'll let slide a chuckle. She's not one to pull a punch line, though. She uses common sense and is very down to earth. She finds herself to be the cool and level - headed one in a tough situation as she sifts through the details and problems while everyone else starts freaking out.

Though you don't see her pounding on the mayor's door and throwing rocks around, Eden is an active feminist. Before you raise up your hands and say "Oh, here we go", by Eden's definition being a feminist just means treating a girl -- essentially -- like a man. Give a girl the same job opportunities, let the girl open the door, let the girl pay for the dinner bill, let the girl play American football. Eden certainly doesn't have anything against men. In fact, she'd advocate for their equal rights if women are ever favored over men. This alludes to Eden's rather annoying moral compass that gets the better of her, sometimes.

The one time that Eden will almost never stop and think [if you had to chose only one exception] is when someone is in need of her help. Eden takes pride that she won't be a bystander in any sort of situation. Think of the regret she would feel later! Her short stature feeds some nervousness in most areas, but when push comes to shove Eden is capable of letting off a commanding aura that a principal would have over a first grader. When she's in this authoritative mode Eden feels ten inches taller, and her opposition seems to feel that way, too.

Eden has a stubborn streak about her, and her stance when dug in cannot be moved. She sticks to her plans and her beliefs to the very end, although it would be a tad too much to say she's arrogant. She hasn't deluded herself into thinking she's the best thing in the world since sliced bread, and she's certainly not. Eden's still working on graciously accepting criticism, however. Her royal aura sometimes bleeds into a royal ego.

"Not like
it's one you can't hear
everyday.
"
Her parents divorced when Eden was a young child of 11, her younger brother at the time being 8. It wasn't as if the parents were completely arguing all the time, the relationship becoming abusive or what not. Her mother and father were perfectly kind, honest people that just didn't love each other anymore. When she was younger Eden didn't understand what her parents were trying to say to her, and she put up quite a fit. Of course, that did little to improve the chances of staying in a marriage, and within a year her parents had separated. Now, after a few years of maturing, Eden admires her parents for recognizing that the spark they had faded and divorced before anything worse could escalate. She believes now that it was the smart thing to do.

Her mother got custody of her younger brother, whom Eden is still in close touch with, so Eden went to live with his father. It was strange not having a mother figure in the house, but to his credit Eden's father did the best that he could. While he was little help with some of the technical aspects, he tried to be a bit more lenient about going out with boys [he was naturally overprotective] and raised her with a steady but non - smothering hand. Her father in general was a pretty chill guy, but he had a nice strong sense of what he believed in, and he thought that Eden should as well. Thus, he often attacked her with multiple different questions over dinners every once in a while. Why this, why that, why not this? When she was younger Eden thought it pointless, but again, now that she's older, Eden appreciates her father's foresight.

As a natural moralistic woman, Eden has thought that the serum taking away the right for one's vote is rather disgusting and a desperate attempt to gain votes. However, she cannot control the choices of others, and anyway it's not like she can do anything about getting dreams. But when the side effects of the serum became public, Eden was quickly adverse against the idea of ever taking the serum. Yes, of course the curiosity of dreams gnaws at her, but she figures it's no use missing something she's never had -- or remembered having. Still, she's still reluctant to throw herself into a full blown protest and revolution movement. This'll require some thought...

✔ Men [straight]
    ✔ Gummies
    ✔ Alfredo Sauce
    ✔ Dan Brown
    ✔ Oreos
    ✔ Agatha Christie
    ✔ The Fray
    ✔ Nora Jones
    ✔ Bach
    ✔ Socializing
    ✔ Planning

✖ Onions
    ✖ Pickles
    ✖ Snakes
    ✖ Spiders
    ✖ Presumptuousness
    ✖ Arrogance
    ✖ Ignorance
    ✖ Rudeness
    ✖ Foreign Experiences
    ✖ Brahms
    ✖ Beethoven

"Not singing."
Eden regretfully has little artful talents. Her drawings are pitiful [although she's improved to the point where she can draw a stick figure with limbs of equal length] and her singing is the equivalent of a dying cat. She hasn't fooled herself into thinking that she can lead any sort of life on those. Her balance and flexibility, however, are quite good. If she had gone down a different path Eden may have been a talented dancer. As it is, she typically uses it where it occurs to her. Eden is also quite good at speed reading aloud, although strangely her internal reading isn't as fast.

OKAY, NOW WHO ARE YOU?//---------------------------------------------------

Second_Choey, at your service ^^

I'm on almost everyday for at least an hour or two. If I know I'll be gone I'll most likely PM you, unless it's like catastrophic that RPs are the least of my worries. FYI, this is about as pretty as I'll ever get. XD
Last edited by eden . on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
YOU CAN FOLLOW US TO PARADISE
JUST STAY AWAKE. STAY AWAKE.

semi-lit clubspcritique cornerspstoragespmy tumblrspmy writing blogspparadise
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Image Image
eden .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:14 pm

[Accepted, of course. I think your age paragraph got messed up though, it's not been edited yet like the one you sent me. (: ]
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eden . » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:16 pm

[ ye, I noticed that too. I edited it XD sorry! ]
Image Image
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
YOU CAN FOLLOW US TO PARADISE
JUST STAY AWAKE. STAY AWAKE.

semi-lit clubspcritique cornerspstoragespmy tumblrspmy writing blogspparadise
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Image Image
eden .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:42 am

Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Artesian » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:41 am

Artesian wrote:
    Username: Artesian
    Roleplaying Level: Well, I'm a fairly new to roleplaying - just a handful of them on other sites - but I've been writing for eight years now. Altogether, on three books, I've written over two hundred thousand words. I am a literate roleplayer, but may write a post as short as a seven sentence paragraph, if that's what's needed to move the RP along.

Name: Emma Lockewald
    Called: Emmy by her father, Emily by her father's former co-workers and Emma by everyone else.

Orientation: Hetero.

Appearance:
    Emma is nineteen, but looks old for her age. She's seen some things a teenager shouldn't have to deal with, and it shows on her face in premature lines and eyes which rarely laugh. She smiles only occasionally, but when she does her entire face is transformed, and she looks her age. She keeps her hair short, but no so short that she looks boyish. She habitually wears a thin film of makeup not because she thinks it makes her attractive, but because it hides dark circles, reddish eyes, and other signs of 'weakness.' She has a good figure (a trifle thin due to not eating as much as she should) with plenty of muscle. She tends to dress in formal clothes whenever in public.
    Height: 5'1"
    Weight: 98 pounds

History: Emma was born in an unusual family. Her father wanted a child, but wasn't romantically inclined and had never found the right woman. So, he hired an egg donor and gestational mother to raise a child with his genetics. Emma's always been conflicted about this (she jokes that she was a 'virgin birth') but the love of her father replaced both parents for her in most ways.

She went to an excellent school for most of her youngest years, tagging along with her father to his work on the weekends. Emma's father worked for a scientific/philanthropic institute whose goal was to find either a better serum or to make its usage unnecessary.
    Her father, who never took the serum, was frustrated at the sheer lack of insights at the laboratories. The inability to dream severely stunted the scientists intuitive and creative minds. All they could come up with, in the years Emma was growing up, was a serum which made the waking-nightmare side-effect less-common.

Her father was convinced that the serum held the answer to its cure, that taking the serum would allow him to think out-of-the-box and fix the mess. Thankfully, he was frightened at its potential effect on his ability to care for Emma, and refrained from taking it until he had raised her up completely. He tried to imbue her with the skills and attitudes she'd need to survive without him, if necessary.

By the age of eighteen, she knew several martial arts well enough to defend herself, could drive in any conditions, talk to anyone easily, make friends, cook for herself, and live alone without fear or loneliness. She had a certificate in tax-preparation and was enrolled in a good college in the computer-science and engineering department. By Christmas of her eighteenth year, he decided that she could care for herself, and - with his daughter's reluctant but understanding approval - took the serum for the first time.

Well, it made him more creative and intuitive. He could think of solutions that all of his fellow scientists had missed. It also destroyed him. The analytical mind he had so prized just wouldn't work anymore. He had the new and unusual ideas now - in a vague, fragmentary form - but he couldn't do any of the science needed to bring them to reality. It also made him erratic in his daily life, prone to emotional fits. He was dropped from his job (with a pension that most sustains him), and returned to his home.

Emma cares for him now. Happily, he's not deteriorating, but he forgets to eat or sleep, and sometimes injures himself while on a binge of inspiration. Every night while he's asleep, she takes his scrawlings, scans them, and sends them to an old colleague back at the institute. Sometimes, they're helpful. Mostly, they're insane.

Current situation: Emma goes to college full-time, works evenings and weekends, and cares for her father in the tiny spaces she has left. She visits the institute once every two weeks, where she does small programming jobs and gives them the newest scrawling from her father.

At a glance, personality: Emma is ferociously intelligent. She's the sort, when in a regular conversation, to notice something factually inaccurate about what you said, correct you politely, pull out her phone and research it and not give up until you've acknowledged the truth. She is extremely serious and takes all of her duties seriously. She never breaks a promise, and rarely lies. She has no time for small talk, and can seem callous, harsh and rude, although most of the time she's stiffly polite.

True personality: Emma is angry. She's angry at her father for taking the serum. She's angry at the institute for firing him. She's angry at the government who controls the serum. She's angry at the serum itself. She's angry at everyone who takes the serum and abandons their life to dreams. She's angry, but doesn't know what to do that would work. She's got the engineering knowledge to blow up a building, the computer know-how to crash a government database, but what would that actually fix? Nothing. She hasn't got a plan so... it just bubbles inside her.
INSANELY BUSY!
I am moving! For the next month or so, I am going to be so very busy.
If I'm on here, it's because I'm unwinding with writing or pets or whatever.
Please do not add to my stress, if you can. Your support is appreciated.

ImageImageImageImageImage

R T E S I A N. . .__________________________________________________
      Cʀɪᴛɪǫᴜᴇ:---- Here (CS)-------------- ❝ Stories may well be lies, but they
      Wʀɪᴛɪɴɢ: ----Here (AS) ----------------are good lies that say true things. ❞
      Cʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs: -Here (AS)---------------- -----------------------― Neil Gaiman
ImageImageImage
Artesian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me