nepenthe - new and accepting

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: nepenthe - new and accepting

Postby onion » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:00 pm

effie jo / 18 / photographer
tags: juniper

effie bounced out of her apartment with a jolt to her step. she was clothed in a baggy sweatshirt and old ripped jeans, making her look less than fashionable, but she was sure nobody would care. after all, she was new to the town, and it seemed small enough that people wouldnt be judging her by her looks.
with her nikon camera hung around her neck, effie made her way into town. the place was so quaint with floral beds scattered around downtown, surely she could find a nice place to take pictures. or maybe a local store? she stopped once she was a ways in and looked up towards a hanging sign. rita's diner, it read.
effie smiled and looked in, seeing it wasnt very busy. but still, it was only polite to ask to take photos first. so she opened the doir and walked in, the little bells jingling to alert the workers that someone was there.
"hello?" effie called, not seeing anyone at first.
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ✗ - Levi & Katrina ) Two

Postby .KeithKogane » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:08 pm

Lᴇᴠɪ Bʟᴀᴄᴋᴡᴏᴏᴅ
      ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
      [ male ] [ twenty-four years ] [ bisexual - ___ ] [ lone wolf tattoo ] [ tagged with Phoenix ] [ feelings; tired yet calm ]

It was slightly shocking to see such a respectful responses from the young man due to what has been said about him. The rebellious snotty teenager. Apparently. Yet to Levi, he was just another kid to young-adult figuring out where he placed. By far as a teenager, he was much worse than what this town considered 'rebellious'. But due to his soft and pleasant words, a smile remained rested on his features. Though he wasn't oblivious to the anxiousness that set in over the other male. The rocking of his legs to settle back onto his heels were an obvious sign but it wasn't his place to comment. Not to mention he isn't the greatest at comforting. Leaving that to Katrina is the better idea. "Mm control maybe not, but respect is always pleasant. Of course I'm not one to lecture, I'm sure you can prove yourself to them. And possibly tattoos as well; I mean I don't worship Satan or anything to ink them onto people," A soft chuckle erupted from the back of his throat as he reached down onto his sister's desk and pulled out both portfolios to place down on the countertop. His rough fingertips flipped each to some random page before setting it down.
      Once Levi's attention was flipped back up to Phoenix, he looked much more anxious and shy than before. His fingers fiddled with his ebony locks of hair while the other hand remained inside his pocket. He was unsure as to what could be making the other so anxious. Perhaps it was generally meeting new people? The older man wasn't sure if he and his sister met/had a conversation before today. There was that possibility of course, but the best he could do was not scare him or something.

"Depends on what you'd like to do. Technically I'd love to have another artist, though I doubt you've had training on how to tattoo people. I wouldn't be opposed to taking an apprentice. We need a piercer, or just an extra hand to clean up the place," Levi listed off the top of his head with a slight laugh at his sister's suggestion. It was nice to see her brightening up this morning than last night. But even while being aware of his sister, Phoenix's gaze seemed to burn into his skin. He must have been looking over his tattoos. Three out of the four tattoos he had were visible; the wolf with a skull and a forest scene on the same arm, and the pink roses on the other. There couldn't be any way of his tattoos making the younger one uncomfortable, as he is obviously wishing for a job at the parlor. "You do realize you're not required to have tattoos right? If it makes you that uncomfortable about working here without one, I'll just give you one for half the price." He offered gesturing a hand toward the two portfolios. Some of the artwork that was on the walls were in there as well; ranging from different animals or even human face designs. There were simple designs and scenes as well, such as the forest on his wrist or a city skyline, or a group of roses. Literally anything and everything were in the two portfolios combined.

( Words; 548 )

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Kᴀᴛʀɪɴᴀ Bʟᴀᴄᴋᴡᴏᴏᴅ
      ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
      [ female ] [ twenty-two years ] [ bisexual - ___ ] [ lone wolf tattoo ] [ tagged with Phoenix ] [ feelings; cheerful and concerned ]

Katrina remained silent through the conversation, pulling up the calendar to reveal there was a three o'clock appointment with a woman named Leslie. Otherwise they had a free day, besides the occasional walk ins. So instead she stood up from her chair and moved to sit on the counter top, making herself slightly involved in the conversation as if she wasn't before. A hand messed around with her hair from her slight anxious nerves before throwing it to the side and tilting her head to lean on her left arm that stretched out to hold herself up on the counter. The blue sweater she was swearing shifted slightly but rested perfectly and comfortably around her torso. "Or I can train you for my desk job while I do piercings," A slight giggle made its ways past the young woman's lips while sending a little smile and soft gaze toward Phoenix. He looked rather anxious and uncomfortable just standing there. Not that she could blame him, it was like a job interview. No matter how unprofessional this 'interview' was.
      Her attention was shifted due to the sudden movement beside her. Her brother brought out the portfolios that the each of them had, both holding different cover arts. Both were flipped to some random page, but hers brought a pink flush to her cheeks. It wasn't anything provocative. Well kind of. It was a mermaid who happened to be half-naked, though she was fully covered by proper placement of her hair and arms. She remember when a gentleman named Chris came in asking for something like that, and even though it wasn't her style, the design came out really well. What was more shocking, two other people wanted something similar after seeing that design. Even with the logical matter, it didn't stop the faint color rising to her cheeks. Katrina just reached over to grab the black binder and pulled it into her lap, flipping through some of her old work. ( WB - open for other people to wander into the shop )
      ( Words; 330 )
.KeithKogane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToxicHeaven » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:47 am

Jessie
Slowly she followed looking at random titles nothing really catching her interest yet she came up next to him looking at the shelves near him. Nodding "I have read a lot of Sherlock Holmes even A Study in Scarlet," she said thoughtfully her eyes picked out two titles "what about The Maltese Falcon or The Da Vinci Code?" she asked curiously. Looking up at him she waited to see if he had any opinion on the titles she had listed.

Dustin
He took a deep breath and quickly did his best to catch up on orders messing up a few and having to dumb them out he frowned. Looking back at Charlie he nodded "It has been a while tho my sister already left to the rink you just missed her" he said assuming she had come for not just coffee. He started to make her drink as she said the order to Anastasia just so it would be ready for her by the time she paid for it.
ToxicHeaven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby querencia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:16 pm

JUNIPER REZNIK
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
eighteen . owns the diner . pan . tags; effie

juniper looked up from where she had been making a milkshake, the machine drowning out most noise besides for the bell. god, she hated that bell, it had turned into the noise she hears in her nightmares and makes her hate life whenever it happens. has to be from how often she hears it. she switched the machine off before she extracted it from the blades, sliding it down the counter to one of the late-lunch patrons. with a sigh, she cleaned her hands off with the ever present towel attached to her apron as she came out from behind the counter. "hello? how are you doing today, a table for one?" she asked, her accent clipping the ends of each word as she recited her line from 'waitressing 101' as her grandmother had put it back home.

ALASKA VAN
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
twenty one . writer . bi . tags; augustus

alaska stiffened instinctively before she relaxed into the hug, her blush further darkening her cheeks as she willed her heart to stop beating so fast. she didn't quite thing everyone would be super happy to see her. she'd been, and still was, basically a hermit who stuck around the edge of crowds on a good day. not even there on a bad one. she could more often be seen with a book than another person. it took her a moment to catch up as augustus suddenly jumped forward into planning, "wait-" she stopped, there weren't any words she could use to dissuade him. at least, hopefully it would only be a celebration with people she could actually talk to. going socially awkward mute hadn't been on her to do list today.
    "well, i was on a shopping errand for the 'grands'" she began, using her term for both her grandparents, "they wanted me to pick up something but i think that can wait until later." she'd been sent on an errand to get stuff from their friend on the opposite side of town, something about her just coming back from vacation in thailand with some ingredients they'd wanted from back home. "are you sure you can delay the theater? i don't want to get you in trouble with anyone, especially the kids. i remember them being pretty feisty without their movie fix"
querencia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:24 pm

effie jo / 18 / photographer
tags: juniper

effie smiled and shook her head. "no thank you! i was actually wondering, does this diner allow photography?" she held up her chunky nikon camera as if to emphasize. "im new here and this town is really cute, so as a photographer, i was hoping to get some nice shots!" she was very nervous and her palm sweated. flash! effie accidentally clicked the shutter button, snapping a picture of the blender juniper had just been operating.
Last edited by onion on Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rats. » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:30 am

נσнαηηєѕ
|‡| 23
|‡| Male
|‡| Bisexual
|‡| Bookstore
|‡| Jessie

"I've never read The Da Vinci Code, but The Maltese Falcon has caught my eye before. Granted I haven't read all of it, just a few pages. Mystery hasn't really been my thing if I'm honest, but I do like how the Maltese Falcon is written." He stated, pulling a book down and scanning the back of it before replacing it in it's respectable spot on the shelf. Before glancing back over to Jessie to see if anything else had caught her eye.
Last edited by Rats. on Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rats.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GhoulishDes » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:42 pm

AUGUSTUS
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[Family Owns Cinema] [twenty-one] [bi] [tags: Alaska ]

xxxx Augustus shrugged, "I don't think they'll mind too much." He rocked back on his heels, "And if they do, then maybe I'll get someone else to open up for the day. Either way, It's not that big of a deal."
xxxx "I don't mind going with you to pick up stuff for your grandparents." August replied. "Maybe after we drop stuff off they'll help me plan your party!" He flashed another toothy grin as he playfully nudged her.

ANASTASIA
[employed at Luna] [twenty] [pan] [tags: ]

xxxx Anastasia smiled slightly as she rung up the order. "We'll call your name when it's ready." She handed Charlie the receipt before turning and telling the order to the staff behind her.
[such a writer's block for her ugh ;-; ]
xxxx

PHOENIX
[unemployed] [nineteen] [bi] [tags: Blackwood Family - Levi , Katrina]

xxxx Phoenix listened quietly. He wandered closer to the counter as Levi pulled out portfolios.
He flipped over the pages as Levi spoke of job openings. "I love to draw and I can bring some stuff in for you to look out. I'm willing to be an apprentice but while I'm getting training I could do whatever needs to be done." He offered.
xxxx The pale skinned boy chuckled softly at Levi's offer for a discounted tattoo. "Er, maybe when I know what I want. Don't just want to tattoo a pumpkin on me just for the sake of having tattoos." His glanced over at Katrina and offered a soft smile.
xxxx Phoenix prayed his rebellious reputation hadn't reached the ears of the Blackwoods. They seemed to be the only cool people in town. They weren't too far in age and if he ever got over how nervous he was then maybe they could be friends. Perhaps they wouldn't even care when they learned that the only reason he didn't have tattoos was because he was afraid of them lasting forever. What if he didn't like it in a year? For now, Phoenix was terrified of any form of commitment.

COLE
[college student] [nineteen] [bi] [tags: Ezra ]

xxxx "It's not that he's bad, it just kinda takes the fun out of things when your parents are around, ya know?" Cole shifted the weight on his feet before glancing over his shoulder at his Dad. He admired his father in many ways, but the man was all business and success, leaving little to no room for social life and fun.
xxxx

[sorry for the writer's block guys ]
GhoulishDes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby querencia » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:57 pm

JUNIPER REZNIK
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
eighteen . owns the diner . pan . tags; effie

juniper didn't know whether she should be offended or complimented. on one hand it was nice- calling her family business cute, but also, cute? really? it seemed almost like a negative term in some context. small, less important, lacking in significance. she had to force herself to stop a grimace as the camera went off and swallowed her urge to fight. she'd seen enough of those online bloggers that the states was so fond of to know that it could give the diner a lot of publicity. "..sure, we wouldn't mind!
    we were new to town ourselves just a few years ago so, i know how you feel," she said and put on her best 'i'm so pleased to be talking to you' face.

ALASKA VAN
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
twenty one . writer . bi . tags; augustus

"well," alaska began, she thought for a moment about what her grandparents had said before she'd left. it didn't seem like an urgent business. besides they were having som tom tonight anyways, nothing was needed for dinner but if augustus insisted. she was pulled out of her thoughts when he nudged her and she laughed, "okay, you win but don't expect them to be super helpful! they like to do their own thing. oh! you have to tell me everything that's happened these past four years!" she continued, pushing some stray baby hairs behind her ear before she indicated for augustus to walk with her, leading the way to the damri household. honestly, she'd been too busy to come back often, usually only for holidays and sometimes for family birthdays. even during summer vacation she'd been doing internships and couldn't come back. right now she regretted that she'd missed that part of her youth.
querencia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Tempting Fate

Postby OutFoxed » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:49 pm

Trenton Eastwood
    Male
    Bookstore Assistant
    @Johannes & Jessie
    Work
The morning had started out well - walking up five minutes before his alarm, and not being upset by it; the coffee from the pot had actually tasted decent; and his cat had acknowledge his existence (albeit a hairball). Trenton pulled up to the back alley on his dark blue sports bike noticing the normal absence of his boss' vehicle. It was close to a fifteen minute ride from his apartment to the downtown area (that is at the speed limit). Shaking his hair out of its helmet flattened state, Trent shifted the dark canvas messenger bag over his shoulder and made his way to the back door of the bookstore. In the tiny but crowded store, noises tended to travel through the winding lanes, coming out a bit muffled by the thousands of pages. He figured that Johannes was speaking with a customer; curiosity always getting his better as he made his wade, still holding his motorcycle helmet and wearing his leather jacket. Overhearing the conversation about novels, Trenton couldn't help but putting in his two cents. "Have you tried Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore? It's a fun book that keeps the reader captivated till the end. Or if you want more of a thriller type - there's always Gone Girl. He leaned against a medium height bookcase that acted as a central divide between several alcoves of books. He glanced over at his boss - getting an uncomfortable feeling for possibly overstepping. Conversations about books did that to him though - he couldn't help but offer up book titles or authors. His dark eyes were hidden slightly behind square framed glasses, which glinted off the natural light coming through the store front as he gazed around assessing the books. He saw a few that needed to be resorted and a corner that desperately needed dusting.

[hope it's okay to jump in @Black Waltz @ToxicHeaven]
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rats. » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:14 pm

נσнαηηєѕ
|‡| 23
|‡| Male
|‡| Bisexual
|‡| Bookstore
|‡| Jessie + Trenton

Yawning, he rubbed his eyes before replacing his round framed glasses on the bridge of his nose. He spoke softly, "And that's why I keep you around," he gave a light laugh in response to Trent. "Keeping up with the genres I usually don't, it's quite helpful." He gave a small smile his head tilted thoughtfully, crossing his arms loosely across his chest. It was true, he did like having Trent around he seemed to be into every book genre, he was also a big help around the store, which was nice.

[You're cool!]

«Call me Kc!»
«She/Her»
«Bi»
«Previous name was Wake Up Lieutenant»
Rats.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups