Clayton Ridge Equestrian Academy | Semi-Lit+ | Closed

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: Clayton Ridge Equestrian Academy | Semi-Lit+ | Open

Postby Popcorns » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:10 pm

Username-
Popcorns
Name-
Dakota Flynn
Nickname?-
Dakota
Age-
Gender-
Male
Discipline-
Steeplechasing(Today) and Endurance racing(Savannah)
Personality-
Dakota is overall a nice guy- he tries to be the nice person in the group. He can come off at rude when he's annoyed, but truthfully there won't be a horrible bone in dakota's body if he can help it. He's up to being friends with everyone and is open to most ideas, except he's not a big fan for dumb ideas that may sound funny at the time to most, but end up being hurtful. He rather do something boring and have people be mad, than something that will get someone hurt in the end.So he's mostly a cautious person and rather stick to what he knows then trying the bumpy road.
No matter how hard he tries, Dakota isn't all nice. One of the negative quirks about him though is that he's not someone that talks often. Anti-social? No, he's not one to stray from talking, but instead talks when he truthfully feels the need too. Exceptions for this is his small kint group that has which he talks a bit more with. If you want to be his friend and get his trust, you have to work for it, show him that he'll be able to talk with you.
History-
Dakota's family grew up in the more rural, countryside of Oregon. Beavercreek wasn't too far from the closest city, perhaps only an hour from the bustling Portland on a good day, but the scenery made it look like it was hours away. He grew up as the only boy in his family besides his father. He had two older sisters and one younger sister, thus him being the middle child. His sisters closely resembled their father, while Dakota got his father's hair, but his mother's features and brown eyes.
His interest in horses began when his father came home one day with a old shire and a five year old filly. This was the first time his family had ever owned horses in their own home. His sisters instantly took a liking to the horses, making it hard for their mother to say no. It wasn't like they didn't have the space or anything. Later on Dakota joined his father when he went out to the horse auctions where he met his grandpa. The trio just looked at the horses, well mainly Dakota did while he listened to his father and his father discuss the positives and negatives of each horse. This intrigued him; knowing the backstory of each horse and their bloodlines started to become more important then just the horses' gender and looks. As he grew older, Dakota's grandfather helped him better understand the horse's important information.
One day, him and his grandfather went to their usual horse auction that they go to once every month#Dakota's father had stopped going to the past few as he needed to work overtime#. His grandfather listened to Dakota as he eyed the horse then stated the horse's weaknesses and strengths- this was a game for the pair, you see- and suddenly struck Dakota with an idea. "Dakota, my kid," His grandpa said after a moment of silence, "I never thought you would take a liking to this so much." As he placed a hand on the fifteen year old's shoulder, "You know what, you earned it. If you are interested in a horse, and can tell me the correct information, the horse is yours." This was a simple task for Dakota as he had been eyeing a nine year old mare since he had gotten there. He made no hesitation as he made his way over to the Quarab mare. "That one." He said to his grandfather as he rambled off her flaws and strengths that could be seen. His grandfather was satisfied with his grandson's choice and thus held up his end of the bargain.
African Desire was the only horse Dakota has picked out at an auction. What about Breath Today though? Breath Today was a horse his grandfather had given him when Savannah was only twelve. After seeing how carefully Dakota had handled the mare, his grandfather thought that Dakota could do the same for Today. Breath Today's story is very simple. Dakota grandfather's neighbor was moving, and didn't want to take the pesky 12 year old horse with him. His neighbor had said that his wife had "fallen in love with he horse", but she couldn't get though with him and then gave up. So he gave Breath Today to Dakota's grandfather for a small sum. Then Dakota's grandfather gave the gelding to Dakota. Simple as that.
Strengths/Weaknesses-
-Strength 1: He has a steady hand(i.e not clumsy with his hands and gentle hands)
-Strength 2: He can see some of the strengths and weaknesses of a horse, he also has a pretty good guess of their breed aswell.

~Weakness 1: He doesn't have really have much patience when it comes to humans but he doesn't have that much more then horses, causing him to give up more quickly when a horse is being stubburn
~Weakness 2: He's a sucker for those in pain and looking for other to give them pity. He's usualy the first one to give into someone's crying.

Sexual Orientation-
Straight
Crush-
None
Other-
N/A

Username-
Popcorns
Show Name-
Breath Today
Barn Name-
Today
Age-
15 years
Breed-
Throughbred x Morgan
Gender-
Gelding
Owner-
Dakota
Personality-
Breathe Today is a sharp Stallion. He's not fond of dogs, as you can see. And if one gets within five feet of him, his strong teeth go snapping. It's easy to tell what he's thinking as he lets his ears and legs do the talking for him such as laying his ears back or rearing on his hind legs. He's not normaly happy when he's couped up in a stall for longer then three hours, and often gives his rider a hard time when it's time to mount and ride and stays that way. He often doesn't do when told thus his rider must carry a riding crop in order to give extra enforcment. You can say Today isn't worth the effort, but once you get him going there's no stopping him.

Username-
Popcorns
Show Name-
African Desire
Barn Name-
Savannah
Age-
12 years
Breed-
Arabian x Quater (AKA a Quarab)
Gender-
Mare
Owner-
Dakota
Personality-
Savannah is a hard working girl. Her breed lines allows her to be an intellegent animal which makes working with her easy- she's often used when her rider wants a break from Today. She's easy to read and it's easy for her to read others. She has a motherly compassion that she shows by rubbing her muzzle against another animal's shoulders or even a human, wanting to provide comfert for those that are down. She's a smooth ride with an even smoother gait. One would say it's like riding a sofa when she canter's. She's mainly just a gentle giant and tries her best to be the surrogate mother for everyone.
Last edited by Popcorns on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf
tumblr

•roleplay one

characters
Popcorns

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spare » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:52 am

{ Ok, sorry about that. I get carried away sometimes x3 }

Leigh looked around with excitement as she brought her Jeep to a halt. She could hear Sensation snorting and kicking the trailer door, hoping to be let out to run free. Grabbing her suitcases and rushing out of the car, she gazed at the beautiful sight. Leigh couldn't wait any longer, and so couldn't Sensation! "It's alright, boy. Let me just put these suitcases to the side," she beamed, unlocking the trailer and pulling the Irish Hunter out as he reared up and trotted in circles. "Calm down, calm down, Sen," she whispered in his ear, giving him a nice slappy pat and making him stand still. "Now, how am I going to do this..." Leigh told herself, looking at the bay and her suitcases. "I've got your tack in one, my clothes in one, and the last one has my laptop and stuff like that in it."
Spare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AbbeyDawn » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:17 am

Xnia slowly and carefully stopped her black jeep, and heard Pasha, her loyal Australian dog, jump off the passenger-seat and bark happily. The teenager smiled exitedly, and heard Rousa and her young colt, Spirit neighing in the background and she opened the door to let herself and Pasha out. Xnia walked around to the trailer after locking her car, and pulled the door open to reveal her two horses.
Rousa snorted, as if to say, 'finally' and trotted out happily when her owner reached to put he headcollar on, even though she didn't need it. Rousa would have followed Xnia quitr happily, but the girl had other plans. Spirit followed his mother expectantly, shaking his mane. Spirit would have run onto the fields if Rousa and Xnia didn't start walking towards the stables and trotted close behind.
"є ν є я у т н ι и g in life is тємρσяαяу, because everything ¢ н α и g є ѕ. That's why it takes great ¢συяαgє to l σ ν є, knowing it might є и ∂ anytime but having the fαιтн it will last f σ я є ν є я

Life is an Illusion,
Don't waste it.

аббатство рассвет
AbbeyDawn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RedRose. » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:00 am

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ovc3-5r7M-s/TU3FXmHwBQI/AAAAAAAAAEc/_-w8ioP71_Q/s1600/1001-dianna-agron.preview.jpg/img]

Username- RedRose.
Name- Ava Grace Bennett
Nickname?- Ava
Age- 17
Gender-female
Discipline- dressage, show jumping
Personality- She is very cool, friendly, sensitive but they also like to say their opinion.
History- Their parents have earned by a company selling a lot of money. But she is not spoiled.
/b]
[b]Strengths/Weaknesses- Ava is very god at riding and singing.

Sexual Orientation-Heterosexual
Crush- none
Other- none

[img]http://www.horsesandsports.de/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/trakhengstm09_jahressiegerstutegaensebluemchen_stlafrentz_trakverb.jpg/img]

Username- RedRose.
Show Name- Dolce Vita
Barn Name- Ginger
Age- 4
Breed- Trakehner
Gender- Mare
Owner- Ava Grace Bennett
Personality- She is very temperamental but would never let Ava in random.
RedRose.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spare » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:11 am

Leigh saw another rider appear. From what she could see was a mare and a foal with her. She decided to wave and say hello, just because she was going to burst with excitement within a second. "Hello there!" Leigh shouted and waved, closing the trailer's door. "You have a pretty bright mare and cute foal down there," she added, smiling widely and taking hold of her suitcases. She pulled Sensation along and headed towards the Academy. "Excited, aren't you Sen?" The stallion replied with a slight buck and a soft neigh.
Spare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby burnham » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:10 am

-Popcorn, you are accepted. You may start roleplaying. RedRose, you are not accepted. You do not look Semi-Literate enough for what I am looking for. Also, all riders should report to the barn before taking bags to the house and horses to stalls. I will have a post up soon.-

████████████████████████████████
click here for my tumblr! I used to be fortris-
╔══════════════════════════════╗
tell me princess, when did you last let your heart decide?
╚══════════════════════════════╝

xx credit xx
██████
╔═════════════════════════╗
hello! You can call me burnham.
female | equestrian | photographer
future special educator | roleplayer
history buff | dear evan hansen <3

╚═════════════════════════╝

burnham

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jones. » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:22 am

~((Edited my form, am I accepted? I will edit Instincts personality a little later once some more muse comes.))~
Jones.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby burnham » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:34 am

Jodi saw a few workers arrive on the property and she smiled. Getting up from the haybale, she stepped out of the barn and to the driveway, her eyes scanning the new teenagers. There were a few that caught her eye immediately, both in good ways and bad ways. “Everyone needs to report to the tack room before you unload horses or get settled!” she yelled down the driveway, hoping the teens would hear her and that they would listen to her firm voice. She then made her way into the tack room, sitting down at the little table and waiting for the first person to arrive.

Jersey watched the teens, rolling her eyes at some of them, especially one girl that expected someone to take her bags. She was going to have fun training that one. The girl sighed, smiling as the farm dog Baxter ran over to her. He sat his head on her lap and she smiled, patting the lab on the head. “You’re such a good boy,” she cooed, her eyes going back to the driveway.

-Jones, you are accepted. Thanks for joining. (:-

████████████████████████████████
click here for my tumblr! I used to be fortris-
╔══════════════════════════════╗
tell me princess, when did you last let your heart decide?
╚══════════════════════════════╝

xx credit xx
██████
╔═════════════════════════╗
hello! You can call me burnham.
female | equestrian | photographer
future special educator | roleplayer
history buff | dear evan hansen <3

╚═════════════════════════╝

burnham

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spare » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:44 am

Leigh looked up and saw to who she thought was 'Queen Jodi'. "Oh great, just great," she mumbled to herself, turning around and walking back lazily. "Well, Sen, I guess you just have to wait a little longer." She opened up the trailer box and loaded the stallion in, undoing his lead-rope from his headcollar. You could see by his behavior that he was going to be whining and snorting until he gets to be let out. Leigh rolled her eyes and gave him an extra polo, just to keep his mouth shut. "Now, a word from you and no carrots for a week," she shot at him, but in a kind way. The teen then walked up to the jeep, shoved her suitcases in, and skipped back wondering what it will be like for the next following weeks at the academy.
Spare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ET4252 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:48 am

(is it alright if Maya's mare is already pregnant?)

Maya looked over at the woman who had called all the kids over. It was obvious that she was incharge, and that she knew that she was incharge. Grabbing the small folder that their mom had given them, containing all of their papers and forms, Maya steered Alex forcefully towards the barn, and once inside, towards the tack room. Stepping inside she looked catiously at the lady perched behind the desk. Maya was still trying to gage her personality and she didn't want to start out on her bad side. Alex however was just looking around in a mildly interested manner, content to let his sister take care of the formalities.

ET4252

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me