Rants, Raves and Wishlists.

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Rants, Raves and Wishlists.

Postby Maykie » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:44 am

These are three boards that I think would be majorly helpful. Let me explain why:

Rants- If theres one solid board that people go too where they can rant (appropritely) it will cut back on some, if not all of the rants spread throughout CS Forums. Its a way for people to connect through experiance, and maybe get alittle help to make it through.

Raves- Something good happpened to you? AWESOME. I bet someone else wishes it happened to them. A joker? Finished your royal set? You know what? Congrats Man, you earned it. Cause everyone needs to showoff a little.

Wishlists- Tired of hunting through the Trades forum for the one pet you really want? If there all on one thread, the people with the pets can find YOU. Every user can have one board in this thread, and insted of a WANT thread, where people beg, its a Wishlist, so you can update it later when you've found something.

Just putting the ideas out there. Anyone like em'?
my fursona :)
Maykie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rants, Raves and Wishlists.

Postby bloonfroot » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:52 am

Wishlists and trades generally go hand in hand, for the chances of you getting a pet on your wish list without trading a different pet for it is very, very low. And I highly doubt that people would want to find and check a different thread on a different board among a sea of other threads to find out if the person they're looking to trade with actually wants any of the pets they can offer.
bloonfroot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RarityClarity » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:21 pm

The Rants board would certainly unclog the CS Suggestions/Problems/Voting Polls board, because I've seen plenty of threads since the opening of the new trading system, ranting about how newbies ask for ridiculous trades, which certainly would be a suggestion, or a voting poll, and not really a problem, since there is really not a realistic way to fix this. But back on subject, I think a rants board would be a good idea.

Raves, also, would be a good addition. In the Chicken Smoothie Chat board, there are threads like, 'Post Decorated Pets Here!!1!,' which are fine for Chicken Smoothie Chat, but things like 'OMG I got a Joker!!1!' don't really have much for discussion, which is really what this board is about. A Raves would be good, about just things like completing a collection and such.

As for Wishlists, this is also a good idea. Some people don't really make trade threads, but go around posting on others', like I do. It's just nice to keep a list of all the pets you would like or want to collect, as opposed to making an image you must always edit and re-save all the time. A thread you could just easily edit. Some people put wishlists on their trading threads, but some don't have those, so it's always nice to have a board for that. You could always browse through this board to see if anyone is looking for that duplicate toxic dog you have, etc.
RarityClarity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SolMiMi » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:29 pm

I remember there was already a suggestion about a 'Want' board before (where you could post your wishlists), although if I remember correctly it was not really approved of because it might come across as 'begging', because you could easily put your wishlist on your trades or post a link to it from there.

Regarding the 'Rant' board, I'm not really up for the idea - or for 'ranting' anywhere on the site in general XD - might spread too much of a negative vibe... xP
dead account.. :3 hello RL...
SolMiMi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Icesky » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:56 pm

But, it is better to have your rants on a seperate board then making everyone elses posts miserable x3 (I am in dire need of a rant board. I havnt been spreading the most happyness ever)
(The rants wouldnt be about the site, about about things that happened on it or somthing....)
And, a rant board would also be a place to let out your feelings and nobody can judge them. They could only post agreeing with you or understanding you. People need to get things out without being judged, when its all opinons or events that made you angry, etc.
So, I agree with the Rant board.

Raves and Wishlists.
For those, there should be a certain topic that says "Somthing good happened, post here!"(Would go in the 'Site Disscusion' Board)
Or.........................................................."Want somthing certain? Post your wishlist here!" (Would go in the 'Adoptions' Board)
And on the Wishlist thread, there can be a list of gifters who gave someone a wolf.
Yes, Im thinking of the DragCave Forums. It was a good idea x3

Or, a vent topic, like on the DragCave. I just think a topic board would be good for that so people could disscus the rant, which can prove usefull for things and help inforce some problems.
x
x

x
"𝚠𝚎 πš‹πš•πš˜πš˜πš– πšžπš—πšπš’πš• 𝚠𝚎 πšŠπšŒπš‘πšŽ"

α΄€Κ€α΄› ꜱʜᴏᴘ
☾ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ☾
ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ α΄›ΚœΚ€α΄‡α΄€α΄…
☽ ⋆ ☽ ⋆ ☽

manga panel from witch hate atelier
Icesky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:05 pm

Honestly I don't think that there is a high enough volume of posts to justify creating these groups. We don't want to end up with 100 different groups with 10 posts each.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mumble » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:01 am

Rants and Raves, I think, are good ideas. Wishlists, not so much. People can just put a little block of text in their trading threads or make an image if they're feeling spiffy. x3
[ immense kudos to inari for making my avvie. <3 ]
[ *flashes grin* ]

[ yes, sirree, i take 2nd-gens! :B ]

[ visit my CS pets ] [ see my other pets ] [ read my story ]

Mumble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toastberg » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:25 am

Rants and raves... yeah. It would probably get all the junk out of other sections. Put it all in one. But wishlists would just be a waste of time. What you want doesn't come to you, you have to go out and get it, before other people do. Same thing with adoptions.
~RESUME INDEFINITE PROBABLY-PERMANENT HIATUS~
My work here is done.
Thanks again to those who entered in my competition. I'll be off now. Have a nice life out there.
Toastberg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:52 am

I don't see a point in the rants section either, because the mods have enough to deal with without having a forum specifically for people to complain about every little thing and every one that has ever done something they don't like.

Think about it: Would you want to moderate all that drama? I don't think anyone does.
ImageImageImageImage
Lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grand Chapion » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:27 pm

I think they are all great.....

Rants-Well sometimes you have to burst not in messages to well not get reported..haha!

Raves-Oh yeah I got this and that how about you man?..defintly a good idea!

Wishlists-Good idea but a little more complex you have it..lol :lol:
I AM an equestrian. I DO show/train/and ride horses. And horse riding IS a sport. xD
ImageImageImage
Grand Chapion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me