Paint Shop Pro 8 Text format error

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Paint Shop Pro 8 Text format error

Postby Shian » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:24 am

Okay, I'm really at my wit's end on what I did to screw up my text, but no matter what I do, every text I try to enter keeps coming in as "bubble" text even if it's a normal font.

I've checked my line width, line type but I don't see anything that would put this special "feature" on the text. If I try to make the line width even smaller, the formatting remains and you cannot read the text at all.

What's worse is, there is no "reset to default" button that I can find. I've unchecked the "remember text" button but that did nothing. Seems like an easy fix, but for the life of me, I just can't find it.

ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Paint Shop Pro 8 Text format error

Postby Nick » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:38 am

By "bubble" text, do you mean that the text is outlined? You have a stroke or line style turned on, I don't have PSP, but try playing with that "line style" dropdown at the top.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Paint Shop Pro 8 Text format error

Postby Shian » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:52 am

Tried that, but I think I may have found my problem. I was trying to change "stroke width" to 0.5, 0.2, 1.2 to see if it would make the text smaller/normal. Turns out just "0" may have been the answer.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me