Bumping up trades - a suggestion by catfight

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Would having a "bump trade" feature would be a good idea?

Yes, I think this would be a great idea!
60%
No, I would rather not.
32%
I'm not sure which option to choose. Please make the rules and guidelines more clear; tweaking it a bit would make it great.
9%

Total votes : 117

Re: Bumping up trades - a suggestion by catfight

Postby Hekomi » Thu May 10, 2012 7:00 am

Guys cut the arguing and let Catfight explain herself properly.
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jasmine; » Thu May 10, 2012 6:48 pm

Hekomi wrote:Guys cut the arguing and let Catfight explain herself properly.

This. It's slightly hard to answer when being bombarded with questions. To clear this up, could you guys maybe have one post of questions so she can reply to them all at once, not having to catch up with the rest? ^^" Not to be pesky or anything, just thought it'd be nice.
jasmine;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Thu May 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Audra Dark wrote:

This. It's slightly hard to answer when being bombarded with questions. To clear this up, could you guys maybe have one post of questions so she can reply to them all at once, not having to catch up with the rest? ^^" Not to be pesky or anything, just thought it'd be nice.

Then maybe the person on her account shouldn't try to answer the question as if it were her.

I think this is more what everyone is frustrated about: "catfight" is on the forums and posting half-answers to the questions. It's very hard to *not* get excited when you ask a question and see the user you called on has posted only to find out the post was simply "I'm not this person, but I'm on their account answering your questions."
Last edited by Shian on Thu May 10, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jasmine; » Thu May 10, 2012 7:00 pm

-Firestar- wrote:
Audra Dark wrote:

Then maybe the person on her account shouldn't try to answer the question as if it were her.

I think this is more what everyone is frustrated about: "catfight" is on the forums and posting half-answers to the questions. It's very hard to *not* get excited when you ask a question and see the user you called on has posted only to find out the post was simply "I'm not this person, but I'm on their account answering your questions."

That is very disappointing, but maybe wait for a while, see if Catfight logs on and answers your questions fully, and if not, just leave a private message including your questions. If they don't get the time to answer, they are obviously inactive, can't answer at the moment or are avoiding questions.
jasmine;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Thu May 10, 2012 7:03 pm

Then maybe the thread should be locked since it's from an inactive user:

catfight wrote: My account-sitter should’ve answered it; I don’t know why she didn’t.

Clearly even the account sitter doesn't know what's going on and catfight had told us the account sitter was supposed to clear up the confusion. She's stated a couple times that she's not even on a lot so I'm not sure why this thread keeps on getting bumped.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jasmine; » Thu May 10, 2012 7:08 pm

-Firestar- wrote:Then maybe the thread should be locked since it's from an inactive user:

catfight wrote: My account-sitter should’ve answered it; I don’t know why she didn’t.

Clearly even the account sitter doesn't know what's going on and catfight had told us the account sitter was supposed to clear up the confusion. She's stated a couple times that she's not even on a lot so I'm not sure why this thread keeps on getting bumped.

I believe that is true, as, coming from her user and statements, she is clearly not going to answer for herself, and is inactive.

But now, as you guys now she is now inactive and not going to respond clearly, there is no need to say "Why isn't she answering?" or composing other questions.
jasmine;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Fri May 11, 2012 12:16 am

Guys, guys, can't we just stop arguing? Catfight will get on when she gets on and answer your questions. If you really want an answer or want to argue with her, why don't you just send a pm and do it there in private and leave this thread for people who actually want to comment on the idea itself?

I'm trying to be nice when I say this, but really, it's getting annoying to see all these posts that have hardly anything to do with the actual idea and what you think about it, they're just an argument about whether Catfight is inactive, why isn't she answering questions, etc. Again, you should do that in private with a pm and you're probably more likely to get a response that way. You've already made your point that you think this suggestion would cause spam and annoy everyone.

I don't know about the other people who come to this thread, but I personally am genuinely interested in what people on CS think about this suggestion and if it should happen. I don't really want to hear about your arguing and I would guess that the other people would feel the same. It distracts from the purpose that this thread was created for and what we're supposed to be discussing here; our opinions on whether or not trades should be bumped. So please, can't we just stop? Is it really that important?
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hekomi » Fri May 11, 2012 3:02 am

When Catfight is ready to explain her idea, she can PM me and I'll unlock this thread. All I see are exasperated people on both sides who are getting more and more frustrated with each other because a clear answer cannot be given. Please, do not take this to PMs and bother each other further. Catfight, when you're back here, please send me a PM and perhaps I can help you work through your idea.
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me