A WANT Board?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: A WANT Board?

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:57 pm

Shian's idea is very good, however if that cannot be implimented why don't we just have a 'Want' thread?
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:08 pm

Fiery Gatoh wrote:Shian's idea is very good, however if that cannot be implimented why don't we just have a 'Want' thread?

How is this different from the trade board?

Would you have a different thread topic for each pet on CS? Maybe have it's picture as the first post.

Then users could post behind it and post what they are willing to trade for it. Other users who have this pet can browse each thread for the pet they have and look to see which offer they want to take. That might work.

The problem with this is, it then becomes more like an auction/monopoly. As everyone can see everyone else's offers, someone that has dog A and would under normal circumstances take dog D in trade, they take a different offer because another user is trading dogs E F and D. Not very good for the new people that don't have a lot of new pets to begin with, but it would work. Seems to be a more organized system than everyone listing what they have and what they want all at once.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:34 pm

-Firestar- wrote:
Fiery Gatoh wrote:Shian's idea is very good, however if that cannot be implimented why don't we just have a 'Want' thread?

Would you have a different thread topic for each pet on CS? Maybe have it's picture as the first post.

Then users could post behind it and post what they are willing to trade for it. Other users who have this pet can browse each thread for the pet they have and look to see which offer they want to take. That might work.

The problem with this is, it then becomes more like an auction/monopoly. As everyone can see everyone else's offers, someone that has dog A and would under normal circumstances take dog D in trade, they take a different offer because another user is trading dogs E F and D. Not very good for the new people that don't have a lot of new pets to begin with, but it would work. Seems to be a more organized system than everyone listing what they have and what they want all at once.

I was meaning more of a single thread where people could post the pets their currently looking for, and people who PM them if they are interested in trading.
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trish the Stalker » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:34 pm

Fiery Gatoh wrote:
-Firestar- wrote:

I was meaning more of a single thread where people could post the pets their currently looking for, and people who PM them if they are interested in trading.

I think the other one is actually a better idea almost.
Trish the Stalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:03 pm

I have to say I dislike this idea.

2 types of people will post in it:
- People that want to trade for the pet
- People that want the pet for free

Those people belong in the Trades and Adoptions forums respectively.
Many people that are trading have wishlists in their threads anyway.

If a want board was created, it would be filled with people begging for older and rarer pets, and to be honest I think this is unfair - give those pets to people that have made an effort to collect pets to trade (or art etc), not the beggars who just want them for free and make no effort beyond making a thread. A want board would encourage begging and there's enough of that already even though its against the rules.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:14 pm

The Solloby has spoken ;)
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:29 pm

Sorren Fey wrote:But if you're searching a specific pet, you'll trade for it. So it belongs to the trades.
And no one wants to trade, if s/he's not wanting anything.

I completely agree. Plus--that's what the search function is for!
ImageImageImageImage
Lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me