Forum Games

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Forum Games

Postby Mausoleum » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:27 am

Personally, Forum Games make me gag anyway, but I was just wondering if the admins could set it so that Forum Game posts no longer up your post count? They do it this way on the DCF, and I think it's really quite good.
Kii Project + Lox Recolours + House of Snarkiness + Lackless Deviantart + Art competition = My Stuff.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock myself in the pantry and drown my sorrows in bottled water and granola bars.
"I am an artist, not a printer" Remember that and heck yes, I said it first :U

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Forum Games

Postby Shian » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:17 am

Why bother? Post count doesn't mean anything in here anyways as tons of threads are deleted daily.

What about the posts in the trade/freebie/art section? Those shouldn't count either?
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mausoleum » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:45 am

Posts in the trade/art/freebies section are mostly meaningful, aside from BUMPs, but the posts in Forum games are useless, really.

I'm not sure what effect it would have, but quite a few people are trying to suggest having features pertaining to a person's post count, so spamming in the Forum Games forum might not be such a great idea.

I'm not trying to get this implemented right now, I'm simply wondering if it's possible on this type of forum (the code is different from my own) and how outraged people would be.
Kii Project + Lox Recolours + House of Snarkiness + Lackless Deviantart + Art competition = My Stuff.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock myself in the pantry and drown my sorrows in bottled water and granola bars.

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A-train » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:56 am

Hmm.... maybe.... you're right. :)

Because on Frosted Dragonfly, my FORMER best friend, who is now acting really mean and not talking to me just because I was talking to a person she hates, but we won't get into that now, made a topic called "<BUMP!>" and she said that you can bump as much as you want. Well, anyway, I go in and see a LOT of posts, all made at the same time and there's, like, 40 of them, really, and I know that she's just been cheating.... :(

....So, yeah. But on here, people would get BANNED for constantly bumping like that! :D (Or something. :| )
Feeling a bit down? Want a free pet? You may pick one pet from this group here :>)

Howling ghosts they reappear
In mountains that are stacked with fear
But you're a king and I'm a lionheart

And in the sea that's painted black,
Creatures lurk below the deck
But you're the king and I'm a lionheart
A-train

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:03 am

Personally, I don't think that anything that depends on post count should be implemented at all. It's not healthy for the board if people are solely concentrating on post count instead of content.

For example,
Those that follow the rules will naturally have less posts than those who don't.

Did you know that when you are done with a trading thread, you are supposed to have it deleted? Meaning you have to go back and flag it. A lot of people don't do this and forget about it once they have their shiny new puppy. The thread itself is meaningful and shouldn't count against post count as it has a lot to do with CS and the health of it's own economy.

So people will have a tendency to not follow the rules. I know I would certainly start forgetting to go back and mark my posts for deletion if post count mattered.

What if trades didn't count for post count either? That leaves the general chat, creativity and CS chatter.

Pretty easy to just put one pet per post on the "CS adoptables thread" but it would no doubt not look as good and be a bit annoying to the reader. If one is trying to get their first 10 posts or even 100 posts till their next 'rank' this would be an easy way to do it.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mausoleum » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:08 am

I'm also against anything with post count being implemented, but I'm just saying that if it IS implemented, anything that encourages spam should no longer reflect on your post count.

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:25 pm

I don't think it really matters. People shouldn't be judged by post count, and the games board isn't spam.
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:38 pm

People do think that post count is important, or haven't some of your noticed the "I have 1000 post!" or "I had 500 post by the first week!"?

I suggested this when the forum games was added, but nothing's happened yet. :(

As for bumping topics.. The only place I allow that to slide is in the trades. Sometimes people will post and no one will get to see it as it's slipped into the other pages. (Newbies don't tend to look through all of the pages.) So, I don't have too much of a problem with people bumping their threads back to the front page, but if they are just bumping to keep it on top I ask them to stop and if they don't I delete their topic.
ImageImageImageImage
Lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:02 pm

Post counts are sooooo~ unimportant. We should disable it completly. XD
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:05 pm

How do I say this without offending anybody...

I think that people need to find a new hobby if they care that much about post counts ^_^;;
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me