Make Pets Non-Tradeable After A Certain Period of Time

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Make Pets Non-Tradeable After A Certain Period of Time

Postby Attic » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:48 pm

Take this scenario:
In July, Mr. B adopt 15 pets, which has three variants.

8 of them grow into Variant 1 (common),
5 of them grow into Variant 2 (uncommon), and
2 of them grown into Variant 3 (rare).

Time passes, and it's now November. All of the Julys variants are now rare. Mr B. have traded 6 of V1 and 3 of V2 in the earlier months, Mr. B is left with all three variants, with a duplicate each.

Everyday, Mr. B receive trades from new members, offering to trade (or sometimes, hoping that he'll give them) his Julys for newer pets. Mr. B had made it clear that he won't trade them unless it's a fair trade, but the offers still persist. It's getting really annoying.

That why I suggest that we should make pets non-tradeable after a certain period of time (say, 100 days/3 months after you adopted the pet). After that period, the pets won't be tradeable, they'll stay in the account, though they can still be deleted.

Also, when the pets are fast approaching that period, and the owners still have duplicates (and he/she won't want them in his/her account any more), he/she could trade them off to newer members (Julys for Novembers). Thus the newer members could have old pets, and the original owner will be assured that the new members won't trade them away.

It is possible?
Attic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Make Pets Non-Tradeable After A Certain Period of Time

Postby Shian » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:10 pm

You can do that right now. Make a new folder put pets in the folder that you do not want traded and at the bottom of that folder go to trade settings then check the box that makes them not tradable.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:11 pm

Just put the pets that you don't want to trade into a group which has trade offers disabled for it. You can still trade the pets, but you have to be the one to send the trade.

We're considering making some changes so that newbies can tell if their trade is fair or not.

EDIT: Looks like Shian bet me to it :)
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:15 pm

;) Hehe.
ImageImage
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Attic » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:19 pm

What I meant to say it, the suggestion makes them Non-Tradeable for both sides. When the pets are approaching the said period, the owner could trade them out for newer pets so he won't have duplicates left.

The old pets could just be a memento for older members to say "I'm here since July and I can prove it".

The newer members won't crave for the old pets then, and there won't be ridiculous wishlists.
Attic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stephiesp » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:23 pm

I don't think there should be a time limit of when you can trade your pets. What if Mr. B had a friend that joined the site after the 100 days had past and Mr. B had wanted to help out his friend by giving the friend a whole set of all the old ones?
My Favorites
ImageImageImage
stephiesp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Attic » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:35 pm

stephiesp wrote:I don't think there should be a time limit of when you can trade your pets. What if Mr. B had a friend that joined the site after the 100 days had past and Mr. B had wanted to help out his friend by giving the friend a whole set of all the old ones?

When the Julys go non-tradeable, they'll be just left as a memento for older members, Mr. B's friend will understand that he couldn't collect the old pets, and maybe just regret that he didn't join CS earlier.

What I say is, when Julys are tradeable, people will want them, they offer, they failed. When this suggestion is put, people will understand that they're like the September Specials/Halloween/Advert Calender (or, if you've been on Valenth, the Kumos), they're never coming back. They won't get them.
Attic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:37 pm

What if he decided at day 101 that he really wanted a certain advent but only had dogs that were 100 days old? He couldn't trade any!

No, limiting options is a bad idea. Best leave the decision up to the user. I'd be upset if suddenly all my dogs became non tradable!
ImageImage
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Speckaroo » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:41 pm

Theres also the fact that most july and august pets would be nontradeable and basicly no hope in getting past pups.
Speckaroo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:54 pm

I hate that idea. :lol:

I know a forum called flashbunny and there are some items which become nontradeable after some time. It's so stupid. Newer people can't get them and if someone want to leave, he/she can't give it away and it rots on the account... Or will be deleted with the account.
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me