Is the pound system reinforced?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Is the pound system reinforced?

Postby Shian » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:11 pm

Seriously, I've seen 5 or 6 pets now that are in someone else's clearly marked "trade" section. When clicked on, they have "Pound" as the person that gave them to them.

I adopted mine with the full intention of keeping mine. I'm proud of the fact that I have pets with "Pound" on them and I respect the fact that these are not to be traded. Since I've collected darn near everything else, I'm now collecting Pound pets. Trouble is, I've missed the pound every time (got it only once) since changing to the website location. It makes me sad that people are getting pets just to trade them and totally ignoring the rules. Especially when that's a pup I could have gotten and given mine away.

With the pound going on at random times plus the obvious dilemma of the pound giving out so many pets that it is impossible to keep track of them, should this rule be policed or removed altogether?
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Is the pound system reinforced?

Postby Speckaroo » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:16 pm

i've wondered the same thing...i've seen a few myself, its kinda sad really, like you i've only been able to get one animal(since the change) and im pretty pround their from the pound
Speckaroo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:32 pm

Yeah... someone actually emailed me a while back and said 'what would you do if I traded one of my pound pets' and I don't think I even replied, because what could I say? I'd confiscated the pet? But if she'd traded it, that's not fair to the person who'd traded for it, so...?

the pound has over 6000 pets last time I looked, so it's a bit rough to try and keep track of individuals

maybe nick could set up a tracker or something

I'm glad some people stick to the rules, but I'm not surprised that a lot of people don't. They probably never actually read the rules anyway. Seems a lot of people on this site are incapable of reading anything I write. I can get away with saying that, cause they're not going to read this post either ;)

the reason the rule exists is to stop people from adopting heaps of pets specifically to trade them, when the idea of the pound is that its meant to give every user (newer or older) a fair chance of grabbing rarer pets, etc. If people are just adopting them to trade out, it brings the unfairness back in.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:46 pm

Tess wrote:I'm glad some people stick to the rules, but I'm not surprised that a lot of people don't. They probably never actually read the rules anyway. Seems a lot of people on this site are incapable of reading anything I write. I can get away with saying that, cause they're not going to read this post either ;)

That happens on every site ;)

I wouldn't dream of trading out any pets I got from the pound. I've only gotten one so far because of my stupid timezone (XD) but y'know, I didn't adopt Gwen just to trade her out. I adopted her because I thought she'd make a nice addition to my herd.
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:46 pm

Maybe there is a way to have the pet's name in bold if it's from the pound? Or a different color? That way at least the other end would know they are getting a possible not-supposed-to-be-traded pet so those that like following the rules will know.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Speckaroo » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:51 pm

Tess wrote: They probably never actually read the rules anyway. Seems a lot of people on this site are incapable of reading anything I write. I can get away with saying that, cause they're not going to read this post either ;)

gahh theres nothing more annoying then people who don't read rules :x
Speckaroo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Speckaroo » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:54 pm

Shian wrote:Maybe there is a way to have the pet's name in bold if it's from the pound? Or a different color? That way at least the other end would know they are getting a possible not-supposed-to-be-traded pet so those that like following the rules will know.

its a good idea, but im pretty sure in order to change the pets name(color, boldness, ect.) all you would have to do is change the code at the bottom. And people who get those pets from the pound could just change that.

Edit: but then again people are starting to put links on their trade threads to groups
Last edited by Speckaroo on Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speckaroo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toastberg » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:55 pm

Tess wrote:I'm glad some people stick to the rules, but I'm not surprised that a lot of people don't. They probably never actually read the rules anyway. Seems a lot of people on this site are incapable of reading anything I write. I can get away with saying that, cause they're not going to read this post either

Sad to say you're probably right there...
I'd never trade anything I got from the pound. I've only been on at the same time once before, and in that there were only stuff I already had :(
~RESUME INDEFINITE PROBABLY-PERMANENT HIATUS~
My work here is done.
Thanks again to those who entered in my competition. I'll be off now. Have a nice life out there.
Toastberg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:59 pm

Speckaroo wrote:its a good idea, but im pretty sure in order to change the pets name(color, boldness, ect.) all you would have to do is change the code at the bottom. And people who get those pets from the pound could just change that.

Edit: but then again people are starting to put links on their trade threads to groups

If the name was bolded/coloured on the main page though it couldn't be editted quite that easily.
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Speckaroo » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:07 pm

true, i was just thinking of people who post their pets like i do in trading threads

I think reporting the person helps too :D
Speckaroo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me