We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Should we have bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:26 am

Yes - increase pound size to 1800 pets and open 1.7 times per day
35%
No - keep pound size at 1300 pets and open 2.4 times per day
65%

Total votes : 3234

Re: We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openi

Postby Nicnova » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:48 pm

Elm wrote:
Elm wrote:I think abandoned accounts that have been left for 7+ years should be donated to the pound. There are accounts that started in 2008/2009 that have been left to rot since then. Maybe send out emails to them and if they dont log in within a 6 month period have them be sent to the pound. Just a thought, that way no ones making more pets for the pound (although i do think there should be another dec 18th 6th months from that date to produce more activity but thats another topic)

Quoting myself, i would love to hear your opinions on this!

Edit// the numbers can be changed too i just threw some out there as a reference

I would disagree. I logged into Webkinz after like 7 years and was upset my account was deleted, because they delete your account and your pets after a certain amount of time. I think that should honestly be illegal, cause those pets were paid for.
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
───────────────────────────────
❝This world is made of...love and peace!❞
█████████████████████
┌────────────── [ ✰ ] ─┐
Hi! I'm Nico, feel free to message me
if you have any CS questions.
FR - Auction - trade? - ©
└─ [ ✰ ] ──────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

────────────────────────────
⤷. WANTED: VASH THE STAMPEDE
────────────────────────────
DEAD or ALIVE
𝟞𝟘,𝟘𝟘𝟘,𝟘𝟘𝟘,𝟘𝟘𝟘.𝟘𝟘 $$

━━━━━━━━━━━--━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┈┈┈ ┈ ┈ ⤴︎
████████████████████████████████
Nicnova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunstonePhoenix » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:49 pm

Elm wrote:
Elm wrote:I think abandoned accounts that have been left for 7+ years should be donated to the pound. There are accounts that started in 2008/2009 that have been left to rot since then. Maybe send out emails to them and if they dont log in within a 6 month period have them be sent to the pound. Just a thought, that way no ones making more pets for the pound (although i do think there should be another dec 18th 6th months from that date to produce more activity but thats another topic)

Edit// the numbers can be changed too i just threw some out there as a reference

Second 18th? Sure, I'm cool with it. I'm not cool taking pets from anyone who hasn't been banned/donated though. Their pets don't contribute to rarity metrics and I just don't like that precedent being set in any way. Granted, I would also add old store pets/items to the 18th rounds to make up for dead accounts.
SunstonePhoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Squeeing_Onion » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:50 pm

I already miss the pound opening so dang often despite trying to catch it, the idea of it appearing even less often is not appealing at all.
“If a black cat crosses your path, it signifies that the animal is going somewhere.”
― Groucho Marx

~* I accept Art Requests for WL pets, Dreamies, and CS$ *~

Formerly known as *Fire_Heart*
Squeeing_Onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ruby-Love » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:51 pm

Elm wrote:

I disagree with taking from accounts even if inactive. You never know if they will return. Also what if that happened to you? Not trying to be aggressive with that question, but take into consideration.
Ruby-Love

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:52 pm

Fully in favor of a 'Christmas in July' secondary Dec 18th adopt sort of thing. Also we definitely need more pets in those re-adopt boxes.

Not so keen on people losing their accounts even if they have been warned. It would be nice if there was a way to bring people back, that way maybe they would start playing again or donate their pets themselves... But maybe not this way. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
уσυ αяє ωнαт уσυ ℓσνє, ησт ωнσ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ruby-Love » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:55 pm

Ruby-Love wrote:Is it possible to just do a free adoption to people online during pound opening so anyone online during a opening is guaranteed a pet and it's random on rarities and everyone is happy to receive a free pet?

Deleting the pound scares me because that may entail deleting all the pets inside. And that's kind of a waste.

Thoughts?
Ruby-Love

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunstonePhoenix » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:59 pm

Ruby-Love wrote:
Ruby-Love wrote:Is it possible to just do a free adoption to people online during pound opening so anyone online during a opening is guaranteed a pet and it's random on rarities and everyone is happy to receive a free pet?

Deleting the pound scares me because that may entail deleting all the pets inside. And that's kind of a waste.

Thoughts?

I'd rather have a wl common than a random common I already had tbh.
SunstonePhoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Squeeing_Onion » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:04 pm

SunstonePhoenix wrote:
Elm wrote:

Second 18th? Sure, I'm cool with it. I'm not cool taking pets from anyone who hasn't been banned/donated though. Their pets don't contribute to rarity metrics and I just don't like that precedent being set in any way. Granted, I would also add old store pets/items to the 18th rounds to make up for dead accounts.

I feel the same way; I think the second 18th surprise boxes are a cool idea, but I'd be upset at the idea of taking pets as described.

I myself was away from CS for several years, life got busy; and I was so dang delighted to discover my pets all right where I'd left them and picked right back up. I have memories attached to those pets, and I'm sure plenty of other people do to theirs, too.

As for messaging people to poke them for activity-- I don't like that idea, either. There's no way to know in those six months they aren't in the middle of a deployment for work or military, or they haven't lost their access to internet/computer for a while for some reason. There's no way to know why they haven't logged on in so long, if they've just been busy, away, if they quit, if they passed away, if they lost interest for a while or wanted to take a break.

but I do think, they'd probably feel punished to log in and find out their collection was confiscated simply for not being around to protect it from being taken.

I don't see old, 'abandoned' accounts as a rotting waste, I see them as cool snapshots of a digital history from a period of time when that person was active. And sometimes they even log back in, and decide to trade some pets out, or they keep them all and just begin building the collection again.
“If a black cat crosses your path, it signifies that the animal is going somewhere.”
― Groucho Marx

~* I accept Art Requests for WL pets, Dreamies, and CS$ *~

Formerly known as *Fire_Heart*
Squeeing_Onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elm » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:17 pm

I read everyones replies and seems like everyone has the same opinion! I just was trying to think of a way that wouldnt involve nick coding so much if the pound got emptied. I know hes trying to keep it in a way where it doesnt empty by limiting how many pets get released each opening but it still seems like theres still issues with not enough pets. When the easter event was going on he raised the limit to 2000 and that seemed to be way better.

Elm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mirenoch » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:33 pm

rats! wrote:
Mirenoch wrote:
rats! wrote:I think we should get rid of the pound

Genuinely want to hear more about this..

delete pound 👍

Outstanding :thumbup:

On another note, I would not agree with having 'abandoned' accounts sent to the pound, becuase you never know when someone might decide to come back. Even if they don't, those pets are theirs and if they had wanted to give them away or send to the pound before leaving, they could have done so. Definately would like to see another 'Dec 18th' event midway through the year, though. Something to build excitement during May / July ?

Edit - Wild thought but maybe there could be timed event release where new pets are given out for adoption alongside older pets ? Not creating new URs but maybe a litter that you can only adopt from finding them in the pound ?
Image Image
Mirenoch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me