We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Should we have bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:26 am

Yes - increase pound size to 1800 pets and open 1.7 times per day
35%
No - keep pound size at 1300 pets and open 2.4 times per day
65%

Total votes : 3234

Re: We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openi

Postby Buster2918 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:26 am

Briar-n'-stuff wrote:If there's anything that could help new players, it's probably making the number of pets on our page smaller so they only have to focus on recognizing a select few, not a high number of options taken away but just enough that it's not overwhelming. I think that would help ALL players, not just the new, old or experienced.

I love this idea!
x
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
╔═════╗
xxxxxx𝚜𝚑𝚎/𝚑𝚎𝚛
Imagexxxxx𝚊𝚍𝚞𝚕𝚝xxxxImage
xxxxxx𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊
╚═════╝x

x
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
x▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxx.𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘! 𝙸'𝚖 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐
xx𝚌𝚢𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚢𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊
xxxx𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚂.𝙾. 💜

x▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxxxxxxxxImagexx©xxImage
Buster2918

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toxic_love » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:51 am

I see lots of ideas I hope they don't implement in this forum. Showing a row less of pets or even not having them in order of date sound like practical changes that would work. Making them silhouettes or randomly giving a pet sound terrible.
ascension

Toxic_love

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lemon Bark » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:51 pm

Toxic_love wrote:I see lots of ideas I hope they don't implement in this forum. Showing a row less of pets or even not having them in order of date sound like practical changes that would work. Making them silhouettes or randomly giving a pet sound terrible.

Seconding, I think that randomizing the dates would effectively nullify any bots that may exist as well as encourage players to memorize the appearance of / wishlist pets that they want instead of only clicking pets on the top row. I also think that it would be good to reduce the pound page's size by one row so that players can see all of the avaliable pets on a page without the need to scroll.
Lemon Bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dogish » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:19 pm

I have been following this thread for the last week now and I have read every single reply. I personally wanted to wait until I have caught a good handful of openings and given the new implements a fair try. I have been thoroughly enjoying the debate and I think the fact that the pound is as hot of a topic as it is goes to show how passionate this community is about this game.

I started way back in 2012, and I played religiously back then. I was on 24/7. After a couple years I had to take a long break, I came back in 2021 and have been as active as I can be since. I am on at least once a day. With that, I personally LOVE the pound, I catch probably 90% of the openings ( against my better mental well-being, lol), and I can say you will always win some and always lose some. I manage to catch a lot of rares, but I catch even more pets that are less than rare. That’s just rng. It can be good or bad just like any other game. Of course it can always be a bummer missing a valuable or a dreamie, but it’s also really cool logging into the pound pets you got thread and seeing someone rave over getting their first rare ever, or first store pet, or even their own dreamie! - we have to celebrate each other too, I think.

In regards to new players being at a disadvantage, I think that’s actually a great way for them to learn and memorize the more valuable pets- all of us started somewhere and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. I know when I started out I picked what I thought was cute. Even after returning it took me a while to learn every pet that was rare or higher, and that was before the rarity update! Forget it now lol, I 100% miss pets that I do not know are rare now, and that’s on me to learn.

I also do believe people need to start utilizing two big tools that are given to you- your wishlist and the upcoming adoptions page. I personally look through the current opening, and if there are really any pets I want to try to catch, I simply wishlist them. It’s a lot easier to recognize a good pet on your wishlist than not (imo). I don’t see the problem in that, and over time you will learn who has what value.

As for pound “fixes”, I do not agree in hiding the adoptions page (partly for the reason mentioned above), nor do I agree with getting a random blind pick of a pet. I dont think rng is the bad guy here at all, and people blaming it need to realize a LOT of games utilize rng and that is the most fair system to base the pound off of. Plus, personally I don’t see how it’s much different than the blind grab opinion (that’s still rng, lol), except if you miss something you want you wont be able to pick a random wl to knock off or even nonwl, but a design you like. I think a lot of people would complain about getting rats and ponies (refer to dec 18th where they at least have a little value to the right collector haha).

I think rng should stay, that’s a given. I do believe the pets should be randomized, and honestly since I have come back I have always felt that way. Yes, people who have taken the time to learn the designs after years and years of playing will still probably notice the rare pets much quicker than someone who’s only been on for a week, but everybody will have to take a moment, be able to breathe and look on the whole page for a potential rare than auto-pilot mash clicking the first row of pets, where any valuables (unless rr) will most definitely be. I’m honestly surprised not more people have been in favor of that idea, as I feel that would be *the* most fair solution to this. But, I also don’t know the correct solution.

I will say, at first I immediately voted on wanting bigger, but less frequent pounds. After catching a bunch of pounds and seeing the different opinions I’m on the fence. I would not mind bigger pound pool, as I do feel the pound is hard to even grab a wl right now, but I understand they have their own site numbers to maintain ans while to us it might look frustrating they have almost 800k pets in the pool, unfortunately we don’t know how certain things will affect the site. Although, I do love the addition of the “already taken” in real time, it makes it farrr less disappointing to miss something cool imo.

Also, not fully on this topic but I have also always agreed with another, even if smaller, Dec 18th mid-year. The economy desperately needs it. I do understand people use the pound for rares (we all do I think, when we can), as trading is BRUTAL right now. I personally make a lot more progress on my collections through the pound than trading.

I really appreciate Tess and Nick taking the time to listen to us and try new changes for us. I do genuinely love this site, as do a lot of people, and I hope to see it do really well with whatever changes are decided.
Pet's name: Rhys
Pet's name: Nokk
dogish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunfyre » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:29 am

I'm for randomizing the order of Pound pets
Sunfyre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LunaLate » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:47 am

I really wish the pound could have more pets though even though most people don’t agree with me, so it probably won’t happen now. I missed the opening of the pound by a half hour and got nothing. I guess that’s my fault for not setting a timer.
LunaLate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AncientEldritch » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:48 am

The number of rare+ in each pound has dropped by over 50%, is this listed in an update somewhere? I don't see it being talked about but I've been able to prove it by pulling pound rare lists from pre-easter and as far back as October. Why the change to distribution?

AncientEldritch on Toyhou.se and Deviantart!

I love sending gifts and live for Halloween and Holibombs, though I use any holiday as an excuse to send random gifts.

Come hang out in the Chicken Smoothie Discord Server~
AncientEldritch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snocat » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:35 am

Since I work full time and also have to sleep and have a bit of away from internet life, I rarely see the pound open as is. Making it less frequent would mean I'd almost never get to experience the pound at all and I try to visit CS at least once daily.

While I like the tweak that's been made to the current pound, I think it's still quite predictable. All pets should be randomized/mixed instead of still falling in place by year/age. That would also give opportunity to those of us who can't jump the Pound as soon as it opens and enter into it a little bit later.
Snocat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toasted_Bread » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:09 am

dogish wrote:I have been following this thread for the last week now and I have read every single reply. I personally wanted to wait until I have caught a good handful of openings and given the new implements a fair try. I have been thoroughly enjoying the debate and I think the fact that the pound is as hot of a topic as it is goes to show how passionate this community is about this game.

I started way back in 2012, and I played religiously back then. I was on 24/7. After a couple years I had to take a long break, I came back in 2021 and have been as active as I can be since. I am on at least once a day. With that, I personally LOVE the pound, I catch probably 90% of the openings ( against my better mental well-being, lol), and I can say you will always win some and always lose some. I manage to catch a lot of rares, but I catch even more pets that are less than rare. That’s just rng. It can be good or bad just like any other game. Of course it can always be a bummer missing a valuable or a dreamie, but it’s also really cool logging into the pound pets you got thread and seeing someone rave over getting their first rare ever, or first store pet, or even their own dreamie! - we have to celebrate each other too, I think.

In regards to new players being at a disadvantage, I think that’s actually a great way for them to learn and memorize the more valuable pets- all of us started somewhere and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. I know when I started out I picked what I thought was cute. Even after returning it took me a while to learn every pet that was rare or higher, and that was before the rarity update! Forget it now lol, I 100% miss pets that I do not know are rare now, and that’s on me to learn.

I also do believe people need to start utilizing two big tools that are given to you- your wishlist and the upcoming adoptions page. I personally look through the current opening, and if there are really any pets I want to try to catch, I simply wishlist them. It’s a lot easier to recognize a good pet on your wishlist than not (imo). I don’t see the problem in that, and over time you will learn who has what value.

As for pound “fixes”, I do not agree in hiding the adoptions page (partly for the reason mentioned above), nor do I agree with getting a random blind pick of a pet. I dont think rng is the bad guy here at all, and people blaming it need to realize a LOT of games utilize rng and that is the most fair system to base the pound off of. Plus, personally I don’t see how it’s much different than the blind grab opinion (that’s still rng, lol), except if you miss something you want you wont be able to pick a random wl to knock off or even nonwl, but a design you like. I think a lot of people would complain about getting rats and ponies (refer to dec 18th where they at least have a little value to the right collector haha).

I think rng should stay, that’s a given. I do believe the pets should be randomized, and honestly since I have come back I have always felt that way. Yes, people who have taken the time to learn the designs after years and years of playing will still probably notice the rare pets much quicker than someone who’s only been on for a week, but everybody will have to take a moment, be able to breathe and look on the whole page for a potential rare than auto-pilot mash clicking the first row of pets, where any valuables (unless rr) will most definitely be. I’m honestly surprised not more people have been in favor of that idea, as I feel that would be *the* most fair solution to this. But, I also don’t know the correct solution.

I will say, at first I immediately voted on wanting bigger, but less frequent pounds. After catching a bunch of pounds and seeing the different opinions I’m on the fence. I would not mind bigger pound pool, as I do feel the pound is hard to even grab a wl right now, but I understand they have their own site numbers to maintain ans while to us it might look frustrating they have almost 800k pets in the pool, unfortunately we don’t know how certain things will affect the site. Although, I do love the addition of the “already taken” in real time, it makes it farrr less disappointing to miss something cool imo.

Also, not fully on this topic but I have also always agreed with another, even if smaller, Dec 18th mid-year. The economy desperately needs it. I do understand people use the pound for rares (we all do I think, when we can), as trading is BRUTAL right now. I personally make a lot more progress on my collections through the pound than trading.

I really appreciate Tess and Nick taking the time to listen to us and try new changes for us. I do genuinely love this site, as do a lot of people, and I hope to see it do really well with whatever changes are decided.

I feel as if this summaries exactly how I feel. And as a new-ish player I most definitely agree that the pound is a way that I learn to identify rare pets without having to look at dates. I don't think the rng is the "bad guy" either, it's literally a RANDOM number generator. It doesn't have pick favorites, just some people might have better luck then others. But I have been able to get plenty of rares from the pound, and if not I can normally pull something from my wishlist if I can't find a rare.
She/Her

ImageImageImageImageImage"Image"
Toasted_Bread

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby W0LF » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:25 pm

-
Last edited by W0LF on Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

W0LF

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me