When do you consider a trade 'left to rot'?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

How long does a trade you've sent have to sit before you consider it having been 'left to rot'?

If I don't get an answer within minutes, I'm cancelling the trade!
No votes
I'll give it a few hours, max
2%
About 1 day
4%
2-3 days
14%
4-5 days
18%
6-7 days
8%
More than 1 week
27%
More than 1 month
22%
More than 1 year (Bro, who hurt you?)
6%

Total votes : 51

When do you consider a trade 'left to rot'?

Postby KaceyCat » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:57 pm

We've all been there, you send a trade offer, you can see the person's marked as being online, and yet you don't get a response. No biggie, maybe you caught them as they were closing the tab, or maybe they're writing a forum post, or working on an oekaki piece. So you wait. And wait. And maybe you'll just check back later. But then later comes and still no response. You're sitting in limbo. How long does it have to be before you'll consider a trade a lost cause and assume the other person left your offer to rot?

(And for anyone feeling guilty about leaving trades to rot, no shame here. We've all done it, whether on purpose or by accident. This isn't a callout, just a survey to gauge the general feeling and level of patience.)

I get antsy after like 2 days and idk if it's just me being impatient but I'm legit agitated about a 4 day old trade right now and I wanna know if that's a normal reaction or if I'm just used to lightning-quick trade answers.
Are you sure you know the number for 9-1-1?
~This really has been said to me. And yes, I'm sure.

ImageImage
There is no such thing as 'normal'. 'Normal' is simply the ideal perfect imperfection that society has constructed. It is the unattainable goal everyone strives for, but nobody truly reaches for the same 'normal'. Embrace your unnatural, abnormal, and imperfect qualities. They are what make you perfect in your own way.
KaceyCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: When do you consider a trade 'left to rot'?

Postby Starfalling » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:33 pm

I usually assume the person isn't answering after a week, but generally leave it sit a month or so before cancelling just in case (anyone whose traded with me beyond a simple swap knows how slow I can be with responses especially to suggestions, so I feel like I should at least give the same grace and patience to others)
If I'm not answering, I'm probably at work. I usually get on in the late evening my time (listed timezone below)

Pronouns are they/them and you can call me Starfalling, M, or Morgan. I'm in Pennsylvania which is on EST (CStime -4)

I love trading, although I'm recently back from a long hiatus so I'm not fully up to date on demand. For any current event pets, I’ll only trade them away if I have a double, and I don't trade growing pets

I use bold a lot because it's easier for me to read, since you can't change other people's font size and being zoomed in constantly is annoying

I am a holibomber!
Sig was getting long, my counts have been moved to trade rules

Starfalling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby g4rf13ld » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:34 pm

i think the general consensus is three days, but it depends on how fast you personally respond to trades so it varies
for example i usually will wait 2 days-a week for a random trade EXCEPT if it’s a trade for a pet i really want/need, i wait longer then
ImageImageImage
GARF ON CHICKENSMOOTHIE
GARF ON CHICKENSMOOTHIE
GARF ON CHICKENSMOOTHIE
GARF ON CHICKENSMOOTHIE
GARF ON CHICKENSMOOTHIE
GARF ON CHICKENSMOOTHIE
GARF ON CHICKENSMOOTHIE
GARF ON CHICKENSMOOTHIE
GARF ON CHICKENSMOOTHIE
ImageImageImage
g4rf13ld

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neeko nordestina » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:10 pm

I feel like a trade was forgotten after 3 days, but I wait for a week before sending a reminder. After I send a reminder, if there is no reply, the trade was definitely left to rot.
I try to assume people just forgot instead of jumping to conclusions, but 80% of the time the person just chose to ignore the trade .-.
Neeko nordestina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me