When making a trade thread...

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

When making a trade thread...

Postby HERRSCHER » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:20 am

Hi! I want to finally sit down and make my trade thread, but before I do so, I just want to clarify some things so that I don't accidentally break any rules or cause inconvenience :"D

1) I see on a lot of people's trade threads that they keep the first ten posts on the first page "reserved" (filling all of those 10 posts with their own replies) so that they can create a table of contents, navigation between each post, etc... will that count as bumping? I know I would like to do the same myself, but if I post 10 things rapidly to keep the first page clear, will that be "spam?" Should I just trust that nobody else will post on the first page/write on the very first post "please don't post in this thread" :"D

2) On a similar note, I'm not confident in creating a fully-developed, proper, nice looking trade thread all in one go. Is posting a trade thread as a WIP allowed? So that I can come back to it and format it even more at a later date, so long as there is enough to be functional for the time being? :"D

Thank you for your help!
ImageImage
Current dreamie!
I'm trying to collect every Christmas pet! [ 294 / 1,836 ]

"It's my turn now. Hope you're fine with that."
HERRSCHER

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: When making a trade thread...

Postby Celozon » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:40 am

It is fine to immediately post 10 times to reserve the posts so long as you make it clear thats what you are doing. If you would rather just ask that others not post thats also fine. In my experience its pretty rare for other people to post on your trade thread. If they happen to do so even though you asked that they not post, you can just report the post and ask us to remove it for you ^^

It would also be fine to post it as a WIP, we really don't have any rules about that as long as its not spam, you'd be free to go back and edit it as much as you want later on (I've still got a trade thread going from like 2015 thats probably been edited thousands of times now).
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: When making a trade thread...

Postby HERRSCHER » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:48 pm

Thank you!!! I will get to making it soon, I will still try to space the reserved posts out a little bit to be less annoying ^-^"
ImageImage
Current dreamie!
I'm trying to collect every Christmas pet! [ 294 / 1,836 ]

"It's my turn now. Hope you're fine with that."
HERRSCHER

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me