Unknown etiquette?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Unknown etiquette?

Postby therealmoonlace » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:31 am

Hi, I don’t usually interact with other users except for the free adoption forums or monthly swap threads but is cancelling an unwanted trade that I didn’t start without leaving a message rude?
therealmoonlace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Unknown etiquette?

Postby Celozon » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:48 am

Personally I don't think its rude to cancel a trade without a message, other users may disagree though. I will usually just cancel ones I'm not interested in with a 'no thanks' or 'sorry, not interested' etc. But you aren't obligated to respond or anything if you don't want to. If a user does start bothering you about cancelling their trades, we do have rules against harassment and that can be reported to the moderators if you feel that applies to your situation.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby therealmoonlace » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:54 am

@Celozon

It was a trade where I didn’t need the pet and I felt the trade itself was unfair, so I cancelled. Then they sent a message to me that cancelled trades without messages get blocked?
therealmoonlace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:53 am

therealmoonlace wrote:@Celozon

It was a trade where I didn’t need the pet and I felt the trade itself was unfair, so I cancelled. Then they sent a message to me that cancelled trades without messages get blocked?

That means they dislike cancelled trades without messages and they will add you to their personal block list for it. It's just people's personal preferences, no need to worry about official action against you :)

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist