Will there ever be improvements to UI / QoL?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Will there ever be improvements to UI / QoL?

Postby polerberr » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:01 am

I promise - this is coming from a place of love.

I used to be quite active for a few years after joining (a little over a decade ago now) and then stopped when real life and other interests took over. I love being back and seeing all the new pets and general improvements on pet design, seeing the artistic growth as I look through the archives is so cool. The only thing that's come as a disappointment is that, as far as I can tell, there have been virtually no improvements made to pet group management/organization?

Is this something that will ever be updated?

To give some specific examples:
- The ability to move every pet in a group into another group rather than having to go page by page (very tedious when your collection has several years worth of pets :'3)
- The ability to select every pet of a specific species/artist in a group, like how you can sort for them in the archive
- Options for seeing a greater or lesser number of pets per page
- General UI customization options, like scaling UI to our preference, to improve visual accessibility
polerberr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Will there ever be improvements to UI / QoL?

Postby incognito! » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:05 am

So I totally agree with this, and I don't know the answer as to when changes would be implemented directly to the site itself.

However, if you use Google Chrome (and possibly other browsers), there is an extension called Chicken Smoothie Helper that solves 3/4 points you raised. You can adjust the settings to see as many pets per page as you would like, and then select them all and move them. You can also sort by rarity.

There is also a manual way to see more pets per page, for example my link here:
    accounts/viewgroup.php?groupid=5895373&userid=343975&pageSize=50

adding the &pagesize=(your number here) allows you to make the page as large as you want.
      ImageImageImage

avatar art by my wonderful sister Cygnus,
      check out her gallery!

she/her | adult | med student
incognito!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Will there ever be improvements to UI / QoL?

Postby polerberr » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:06 am

Don't mind me just immediately installing that. c':

I hope CS gets a QoL update one day, but at least we have some tools we can use. Thank you for the tips!
polerberr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me