Updates to the pound!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Updates to the pound!

Postby GatheringRosesInSnow » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 am

please increase the pool - expected the pound to move fast today but seriously saw TWO wishlist pets (one a 2009 on pound opening NO chance of getting because the snatch didn't take again) and a 2022 rat I'm still hunting - pound was empty in five refreshes
GatheringRosesInSnow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keith-Kogane » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 am

I have tried for pound pets during events before and it wasn't nearly as laggy as it is now. Even if it is just event stuff, there is no way for anyone with a slow connection to get anything- even with the update. At least from my experiences, the only way to get something good are have a super fast computer or be on at weird times. I feel like there is no way to get anything good otherwise.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx"Never limit yourself because
xxof others’ limited imagination;
xxnever limit others because of
xxyour own limited imagination."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxAlways open for trades
xxxxxxxxLibramasculine
xxxHe/him, maybe they/them
xxxxxx♡♡ Space, nature ♡♡
xxxxxxDMs always open~xxx
Keith-Kogane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonbeam.bite » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 am

this update made things SO Much worst and just made the site lag more. Seriously frustrating.
SEND ME TRADES !!!!! Im new started 2023 in october! first time playing
Pet's name: Gollum
moonbeam.bite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HanzoShimada » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:23 am

Can someone tell me why the pound just opened and when I was only about a minute late there were only 23 pets available? There used to be hundreds to choose from. Now my choice of WL pets is Extremely limited. This isn’t a fix to the pound, imo. If anything this seems to cater MORE towards the “first come, first serve” bc if you miss the pound, you miss it entirely with no chance to adopt?
I'm a Ox!

Oxen are smart, calm, patient, inspiring, modest, dependable, hard-working, born leader
Sometimes they can be stubborn, narrow-minded, demanding, rigid.
HanzoShimada

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nicnova » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 am

Simon wrote:
    Like a couple of people have pointed out a lot of the issues mentioned here over the past few days are just typical symptoms of having pound openings during a busy event. More people online = pound emptying out faster and greater chance of lag. We will look into ways to try and support lag during high traffic events but I wouldn't make any conclusions on the specific updates outlined in this thread based on pound openings during the event!

As someone who is here every event, it is significantly worse. Please look into ways to support the lag overall, not just during events, because it's insane.

Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4950928
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
───────────────────────────────
❝This world is made of...love and peace!❞
█████████████████████
┌────────────── [ ✰ ] ─┐
Hi! I'm Nico, feel free to message me
if you have any CS questions.
FR - Auction - trade? - ©
└─ [ ✰ ] ──────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

────────────────────────────
⤷. WANTED: VASH THE STAMPEDE
────────────────────────────
DEAD or ALIVE
𝟞𝟘,𝟘𝟘𝟘,𝟘𝟘𝟘,𝟘𝟘𝟘.𝟘𝟘 $$

━━━━━━━━━━━--━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┈┈┈ ┈ ┈ ⤴︎
████████████████████████████████
Nicnova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupernaturalJem » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 am

HanzoShimada wrote:Can someone tell me why the pound just opened and when I was only about a minute late there were only 23 pets available? There used to be hundreds to choose from. Now my choice of WL pets is Extremely limited. This isn’t a fix to the pound, imo. If anything this seems to cater MORE towards the “first come, first serve” bc if you miss the pound, you miss it entirely with no chance to adopt?

That would be an improvement for me because when I've been a minute or two late, it's already closed. I don't know if it's because my internet is slow or because I'm in central time zone or what. I only know it never happened before the update. Before the update, if I was a minute or two late, there would at least still be 100+ pets left in the pound.
My clickable adopts All on my LJ rather than putting all in my sig.

Please do NOT send trades for my event tokens. I rarely trade tokens before I get all of the event items/pets that I want. When my tokens are for trade, I will put that in my trade posts on the trade threads. Thank you.
SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MishaChu » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 am

Simon wrote:
    Like a couple of people have pointed out a lot of the issues mentioned here over the past few days are just typical symptoms of having pound openings during a busy event. More people online = pound emptying out faster and greater chance of lag. We will look into ways to try and support lag during high traffic events but I wouldn't make any conclusions on the specific updates outlined in this thread based on pound openings during the event!

I’m no expert on internet traffic/data by any means at all, but I do not recall the pound lag being as bad as it is right now during last year’s Halloween and Xmas events. Although some other users have pointed out that recent pound openings have been happening at around rollover could also be a factor as to why the lag is so bad.
"𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖎𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕳𝖊𝖗𝖒𝖊𝖘 𝖎𝖘 𝖒𝖞 𝖓𝖆𝖒𝖊..."
ImageImageImageImage
MishaChu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cady55again » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 am

Pound has been significantly worse recently honestly- I used to get a few rares and wishlists before the update, but literally seconds after it opens now almost every good pet had been taken much faster than it normally does, and even the loading time to open the pound and get a pet was MUCH slower, and feels like there’s less higher rarity pets than normal, or they’ve been getting snagged even faster
Last edited by Cady55again on Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
▶◊Cady55again◊◀

Cady55again

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pallastronomy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 am

Simon wrote:

Multiple people have said this already, but I haven’t seen the pound lag this badly and this consistently, even during an event, in my almost five years on the site. The lag has been apparent since the update rolled out, the event has just made it worse, so please just be transparent and address it as is: a snag in the new system that needs to be ironed out, nothing more, nothing less
My TFO LabMy Magistream ScrollMy Protochroma Profile

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageMeowdy!ImageImage
ImageImageYou can call me Azure, Celeste, Elijah, or Koshka, and I’m an artist, animator, writer, and government certified moron. Feel free to drop in and say hi! I don't bite!ImageImage

Signature decor by Martith, Crasty-For-Life, King-Lulu-Deer, mairu-doggy, stardust-palace, RenIrako, Drawn-Mario, and peachkonpeito on DeviantArt! Go check em' out!
Pallastronomy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kennethan » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

Pallastronomy wrote:
Simon wrote:

Multiple people have said this already, but I haven’t seen the pound lag this badly and this consistently, even during an event, in my almost five years on the site. The lag has been apparent since the update rolled out, the event has just made it worse, so please just be transparent and address it as is: a snag in the new system that needs to be ironed out, nothing more, nothing less

yeah same ive never had to wait 20+ seconds for the page to load even during an event in the past. in the past during events i could refresh the page, load almost instantly and still get something decent but now everything i click on is consistently already taken :')

hi im kennethan
he/they ☆ adult ☆ audhd
art shop
the boyf-riend
kennethan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me