Updates to the pound!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Updates to the pound!

Postby RubeenHere » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:36 am

Agreeing with so many other users here in saying that less frequent pounds with more pets, giving more users the chance to be 15-20 minutes late to the pound and still be able to receive *something* would be ideal. Having fewer pets than there were people online for pound is a really harsh experience, that makes it hard for anyone to walk away with something they enjoy.
I'm a new user, just trying to get to know things! πŸ˜ŠπŸŒΊβ˜†*: .q. o(≧▽≦)o .q.:*β˜†
RubeenHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlingBling » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:42 am

Got a "deadlock" error message today which is a new one for me. With that and the far lowered pet count I feel like we're taking a step backwards and not forwards into fixing the pound :( I know it's still very much a work in progress though

Shawol - Monbebe - Carat - Insomnia
BlingBling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ACat » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:53 am

It probably doesn't help that the pet amount this pound was lowered back without any warning :<
The supply and demand is just a bit uneven again right now, it was ideal with 2000 pets in the pool.

Also this may sound stupid but like if the pound runs low on pets, can't the staff just... make more? Like more pets are added for December 18th etc so it should be possible, right?
ACat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pallastronomy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:19 am

Agreed with everything said above, the pound limit needs to be raised back up to account for the user influx, and I'm still seeing plenty of people getting errors adopting pets + deadlock errors. Thank you for at the very least saying something about working on it, but it feels like reverting the limit was a massive step backwards
My TFO Lab β˜… My Magistream Scroll β˜… My Protochroma Profile

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageMeowdy!ImageImage
ImageImageYou can call me Azure, Celeste, Elijah, or Koshka, and I’m an artist, animator, writer, and government certified moron. Feel free to drop in and say hi! I don't bite!ImageImage

Signature decor by Martith, Crasty-For-Life, King-Lulu-Deer, mairu-doggy, stardust-palace, RenIrako, Drawn-Mario, and peachkonpeito on DeviantArt! Go check em' out!
Pallastronomy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:24 am

My understanding was that the limit was raised specifically to account for the user influx of the Easter event, I assume it was lowered again because the event ended.
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/HIM ---------- ✧
    ✧ STATUS: Busy, slow to respond.xx
    ✧ SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    ✧ SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    ✧ MEDIA: Hollow Knight - Sonicxxiiii
    ✧ COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pallastronomy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:16 am

Pyromaniacal wrote:My understanding was that the limit was raised specifically to account for the user influx of the Easter event, I assume it was lowered again because the event ended.

Clearly there’s still a high enough influx users using the pound even after the end of the event to warrant keeping the raised limit, if there are this many people here who want it changed back
My TFO Lab β˜… My Magistream Scroll β˜… My Protochroma Profile

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageMeowdy!ImageImage
ImageImageYou can call me Azure, Celeste, Elijah, or Koshka, and I’m an artist, animator, writer, and government certified moron. Feel free to drop in and say hi! I don't bite!ImageImage

Signature decor by Martith, Crasty-For-Life, King-Lulu-Deer, mairu-doggy, stardust-palace, RenIrako, Drawn-Mario, and peachkonpeito on DeviantArt! Go check em' out!
Pallastronomy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pisto pesto pasta » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:36 pm

please bring back 2k pets, there is literally no point in this update of Β«pets getting rolled out consequentlyΒ» or wtv if 70% of the pets are literally gone in under a minute...

β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
my glorious trade thread
my glorious toyhouse
sig credit
β™• owuz / shalf β™•
russian / english / french
he / she / they / xd
bigender aroace
β™• falconian nationalist β™•
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
β™• imagine living β™•
like a king someday
a single night
without a ghost in the walls
we are the shadows screaming
Β«take us nowΒ»
we'd rather die
than live to rust on the ground

β™•
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
pisto pesto pasta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:30 pm

We cannot just set the number of pets in each opening arbitrarily high, it can only be set as high as the rate of pets actually being donated to the pound, or else the pound will run empty. We cannot sustain the temporary increase in the opening size to 2,000 for the Easter event.

The only way to get consistently bigger openings is to run them less frequently. We could do that if people want.

There's a fix pending now for the next pound opening which should reduce or eliminate the number of deadlock errors, or at least reveal the next piece that needs to be fixed instead. The aim is to reduce this as close to zero as possible with further updates.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:35 pm

As far as I was able to detect, on this latest Pound opening after the fix there were zero deadlock errors and zero "There was a problem adopting that pet" errors. What did you guys experience?
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ACat » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:37 pm

Nick wrote:As far as I was able to detect, on this latest Pound opening after the fix there were zero deadlock errors and zero "There was a problem adopting that pet" errors. What did you guys experience?

The opening was very smooth on my end! (on PC currently)

I do think it's partially due to morning pound's being quieter than the later ones, there's less users online usually so less traffic.

That being said I had no trouble with refreshing etc or lag myself!!
ACat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me