Weird question about rarity

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Weird question about rarity

Postby Candycrystal » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:08 am

So this is a bit weird but something I've been curious about: is rarity/number of pets distributed of a type determined ahead of time when pets are being distributed from the litters? Like say, the pink pps rat that ended up extremely rare from January--did that just happen by chance, or did whoever codes that kind of thing direct the site to only give the pink baby rat out as x% of outcomes? And if so, do we know what those percentages are (more or less) for rare, uncommon, etc? Thank you! ^^
Buying any 6 pets for 1C$ :D (please read trade rules )
They're finally all together!! <333 Thank you everyone for all your help!
Candycrystal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Weird question about rarity

Postby Celozon » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:42 am

From what I understand certain outcomes can be set to be rarer by the admins, but the way rarity is calculated is actually based on the number of that outcome there is vs the number of total active accounts. So it does change and fluctuate over time as more new accounts join that don't have the pet and older accounts that do have the pet go inactive. This is why pets from 2009-2008 are entirely rare and up now, even though when released they may have been uncommon or common.

The exact stats for rarity have not been released and I don't believe the admins have any plan to.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Weird question about rarity

Postby PheonixThunderslayer » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:34 am

Celozon wrote:From what I understand certain outcomes can be set to be rarer by the admins, but the way rarity is calculated is actually based on the number of that outcome there is vs the number of total active accounts. So it does change and fluctuate over time as more new accounts join that don't have the pet and older accounts that do have the pet go inactive. This is why pets from 2009-2008 are entirely rare and up now, even though when released they may have been uncommon or common.

The exact stats for rarity have not been released and I don't believe the admins have any plan to.

i would assume it would be like this (as an example):
OMGSC: 100,000,000 or more copies
EXC: 80,000,000 or less copies
VC: 50,000,000 or less copies
C: 45,000,000 or less copies
UC: 34,000,000 or less copies
VUC: 30,000,000 or less copies
EXC: 26,000,000 or less copies
R: 20,000,000 or less copies
VR: 15,000,000 or less copies
ER: 1,000,000 or less copies
OMGSR: 600,000 or less copies

rough estimate but here you go :)
Last edited by Zeena on Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To clarify this is an example and not real numbers; actual data has never and will not been released
ImageImageImage
im pheonix (she/her) and im back to the old sig11!!1!!! woohoo!
PheonixThunderslayer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me