Need help creating a virtual pet site

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Need help creating a virtual pet site

Postby MiracleOwl » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:39 pm

I wanted to make a virtual pet site, but don’t know how to code anything yet. I want to make one advanced like flight rising, but I can start a simple one like CS. I know how to do the art, but I don’t know how to code. You can PM me if you could help.
:3
MiracleOwl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Need help creating a virtual pet site

Postby lucky333123 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:44 pm

There are some useful links here! It's possible that a majority of the links no longer exist, since it's so old, but other people have posted other sites you can use.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -------------- » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:02 am

I still think it is better to first learn how to program, code websites and program applications and have experience with it, because using those prepared websites to power your pet site is pretty limited and you might get into trouble if you want to add pretty custom and unique things.

I myself am an advanced website programmer but I don't also want to help people with it because well, I am an adult and busy in real life, instead I can help you to learn programming.

Web development is pretty easy, all you need to be creative and understand how things work.
https://www.w3schools.com/ is where I learned basics from, this website teaches you things in a simplified way.
HTML, CSS and Javascript are what you have to learn for designing your website. for backend process you have multiple options, PHP is what I recommend you as it is easy can be hosted on plenty of web hosting providers.

I hope this helps.
--------------

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:19 am

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakhearted » Fri May 14, 2021 5:50 pm

BayoDino wrote:I still think it is better to first learn how to program, code websites and program applications and have experience with it, because using those prepared websites to power your pet site is pretty limited and you might get into trouble if you want to add pretty custom and unique things.

I myself am an advanced website programmer but I don't also want to help people with it because well, I am an adult and busy in real life, instead I can help you to learn programming.

Web development is pretty easy, all you need to be creative and understand how things work.
https://www.w3schools.com/ is where I learned basics from, this website teaches you things in a simplified way.
HTML, CSS and Javascript are what you have to learn for designing your website. for backend process you have multiple options, PHP is what I recommend you as it is easy can be hosted on plenty of web hosting providers.

I hope this helps.

Agreed with Bayo! They do need to update that thread though LOL :')
cheyne / adult / enfp-t / 4w5 / tritype: 495 / lawful good / sanguine [dom] / aest
carrd (main) :: carrd (cs) :: listo :: he/they :: toyhou.se :: oakhearted#8284 :: Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sig & pfp includes characters & ppl i kin | looking for new friends, hmu! | i'm in multiple fandoms ^^
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chicken Smoothie Resources: help forum > faq > site rules > wiki > contact staff
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuri_the_botfly » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:05 pm

w3schools is indeed a good place to learn how to make websites and all that.They have both more complex and more basic stuff. I use neocities for hosting my personal website. Though in your case it would probably be better to use something like wix or Squarespace, they don't require any coding knowledge. If you want to make a site that is more like a flat-out videogame, I'd recommend taking some game-making classes(there are plenty of free online coding classes centered around game-making). You might want to consider looking into construct 2 also. It's a thing that lets you make HTML5 ga,es without any programming knowledge.
I like spiders and have poor judgement. Yuri the botfly#7962

Yuri_the_botfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby southernnaturelover » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 pm

Sometimes, for more complex solutions, you need to enlist professional wordpress development services. They serve as the cornerstone of your digital presence, ensuring that your website not only boasts an attractive appearance but also operates smoothly, thus ensuring a positive user experience.
southernnaturelover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me