Mods, help? - I have questions?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Mods, help? - I have questions?

Postby Bernese » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:24 pm

Hello! So I make edits and I'd love to start selling them on cs! My edit examples are all on my account - removed - on Instagram (DM or PM me for examples) and I was wondering if I could sell them for CS pets and items like people do with art and coding? Not sure if there are any limits or restrictions since these are edits. Waned to check before i started selling them! Also, if they are able to be commissioned, where would i post the thread about them at? (the edits are all edits with text and background pictures, they have nothing to do with art or coloring anything in). Thank you to anyone who helps!
Last edited by Ethulai on Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information.
xxxxxxxxxxx
xx

xx
for peter, my good friend.

xx
with love, forever & always.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Bernese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mods, help? - I have questions?

Postby Bernese » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Bump :)
xxxxxxxxxxx
xx

xx

xx

xxxxxxxxxxx

Bernese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Please help me!

Postby Bernese » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:38 pm

Read the first post please :)
xxxxxxxxxxx
xx

xx

xx

xxxxxxxxxxx

Bernese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:40 pm

Edits are still considered art and you may not link to your instagram since it lists your age.

Edits depends on each site's TOS but in general, if you're just adding text, it's not considered altering anything.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bernese » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:48 pm

Shian wrote:Edits are still considered art and you may not link to your instagram since it lists your age.

Edits depends on each site's TOS but in general, if you're just adding text, it's not considered altering anything.

Thank you! And i'm not trying to sound like a ... here but Instagram lists your age?
xxxxxxxxxxx
xx

xx

xx

xxxxxxxxxxx

Bernese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:55 pm

Bernese wrote:
Shian wrote:Edits are still considered art and you may not link to your instagram since it lists your age.

Thank you! And i'm not trying to sound like a ... here but Instagram lists your age?

Yours does.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dembai » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:46 pm

from http://www.chickensmoothie.com/help/artrules

Editing/copying/re-coloring/distributing/selling or profiting from Chicken Smoothie images without proper authorization is strictly forbidden.

You are not allowed to create your own Chicken Smoothie pets by editing or copying our images.

You are not allowed to sell the designs of Chicken Smoothie pets to other artists, even if you copy our designs onto your own lineart.

We welcome Chicken Smoothie fanart! But please draw the pets in your own style rather than copying the outlines of our original images.

You are allowed to use Chicken Smoothie pet pictures as personal characters or fursonas, as long as you clearly credit Chicken Smoothie for the designs and artwork that you use.

You are allowed to create your own "fan pairings" and design "offspring" of Chicken Smoothie pets, as long as you clearly credit Chicken Smoothie for the original designs that inspired your version. You should not sell or profit from these creations, since they are made by blending copyrighted Chicken Smoothie designs.
TIP: Put pets you don't want to trade into a locked group to prevent unwanted trades!

He or She/Disabled/Artist
Dembai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bernese » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:07 pm

Dembai wrote:from http://www.chickensmoothie.com/help/artrules

Editing/copying/re-coloring/distributing/selling or profiting from Chicken Smoothie images without proper authorization is strictly forbidden.

You are not allowed to create your own Chicken Smoothie pets by editing or copying our images.

You are not allowed to sell the designs of Chicken Smoothie pets to other artists, even if you copy our designs onto your own lineart.

We welcome Chicken Smoothie fanart! But please draw the pets in your own style rather than copying the outlines of our original images.

You are allowed to use Chicken Smoothie pet pictures as personal characters or fursonas, as long as you clearly credit Chicken Smoothie for the designs and artwork that you use.

You are allowed to create your own "fan pairings" and design "offspring" of Chicken Smoothie pets, as long as you clearly credit Chicken Smoothie for the original designs that inspired your version. You should not sell or profit from these creations, since they are made by blending copyrighted Chicken Smoothie designs.

thank you however my edits do not have any of their lineart or any art in them for that matter
xxxxxxxxxxx
xx

xx

xx

xxxxxxxxxxx

Bernese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dembai » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:05 pm

You said they have pictures in them? Like it's an image with a picture and text on top? If they're not from CS - you need permission from the person who is the source of those pictures - if it's a screenshot of a game, you'd need permission from the people who created the game. Also, even if they're stock photos or things you found off of a google search, or something else like that.

So long as you have permission from the original artist/creator, you'd be fine.
TIP: Put pets you don't want to trade into a locked group to prevent unwanted trades!

He or She/Disabled/Artist
Dembai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:34 pm

Like Dembai said you'll need permission for anything you find off of google etc, but if you're using stuff that's free use (like unsplash) then yes, you can sell those edits for CS pets. (:

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]