Is there anyway?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Is there anyway?

Postby acura, » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:35 pm

Is there anyway to find a person who has changed their username? I just can’t find an old friend of mines here on CS. I remember their old username but when I searched it up it wasn’t valid so I’m assuming they changed their username? I don’t have any ‘data’ or ‘record’ of them posting on any threads for me to find to see their username. Can someone help me?
███████
███████
███████
███████
let it all go let it all go let it all go let it all go
███████████████████▒▒
────────────────────────────────
┌───────────────────┐
hi! call me izzy or isabelle
i love art, weightlifting, gaming,
cars and motorcycles! my pronouns
are she / her. i love meeting
and talking to new people so
feel free to shoot over a msg!

└───────────────────┘
its called its called its called called
██████████████████████████

freefall freefall freefall freefall freefall freefall
th. comms. song. credit.──────────────
acura,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Is there anyway?

Postby Aaron✦ » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:40 pm

If you know their ID you can go to your profile and replace your ID with theirs and it'll take you to their profile. If not try searching "quote theiroldusername" on the forums, and any posts with quotes from their old username will show up if there are any, which might be a starting point in finding them.

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acura, » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:45 pm

aaron wrote:
    If you know their ID you can go to your profile and replace your ID with theirs and it'll take you to their profile. If not try searching "quote theiroldusername" on the forums, and any posts with quotes from their old username will show up if there are any, which might be a starting point in finding them.

Ah thank you. I’ll spend a bit going through forums. ^^
Edit;; I didn’t go through all the forums, but I went through most of them, and most of them said ‘no suitable matches’. I feel like I can’t find them anymore :<
███████
███████
███████
███████
███████████████████▒▒
┌───────────────────┐
and talking to new people so
feel free to shoot over a msg!

└───────────────────┘
its called its called its called called
██████████████████████████

freefall freefall freefall freefall freefall freefall
th. comms. song. credit.──────────────
acura,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:29 am

Which search function are you utilizing for this? My suggestion is that you go to the search function page, and enter your friend's old username in the 'keyword' field. Then hit search.
    full size
    Here's me entering my previous username.

Here's a post the search brought up where someone is quoting me, as you can see from my name in the quote box.

Using the "jump to post" link on the search result, I got to the post on the thread, and from there on just had to look through previous posts to find the post that was quoted - here seen with my new username.

So if your friend has posted on the forums while using the name you remember, and anyone ever quoted them during that time, you should be able to find them.
    Alternatively, if your friend filled out any forms (adoptables, giveaways, etc) that required them to input their username, you can probably find them that way as well^^
    Of course, you can look up any mention of their name and try to find out which post a person was referring to based on the context, but the above are usually the easiest.

Or maybe you have any pets that you know they gave to you? Their username should be on the pet's profile as "given to you by".
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acura, » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:36 am

ZΕL wrote:
    Which search function are you utilizing for this? My suggestion is that you go to the search function page, and enter your friend's old username in the 'keyword' field. Then hit search.
    full size
    Here's me entering my previous username.

Here's a post the search brought up where someone is quoting me, as you can see from my name in the quote box.

Using the "jump to post" link on the search result, I got to the post on the thread, and from there on just had to look through previous posts to find the post that was quoted - here seen with my new username.

So if your friend has posted on the forums while using the name you remember, and anyone ever quoted them during that time, you should be able to find them.
    Alternatively, if your friend filled out any forms (adoptables, giveaways, etc) that required them to input their username, you can probably find them that way as well^^
    Of course, you can look up any mention of their name and try to find out which post a person was referring to based on the context, but the above are usually the easiest.

Or maybe you have any pets that you know they gave to you? Their username should be on the pet's profile as "given to you by".

ahhh, thank you so much, I found them!! Aaaa. Thank you.
███████
███████
███████
███████
███████████████████▒▒
┌───────────────────┐