can't find a specific pet i own..

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

can't find a specific pet i own..

Postby kaylin540 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:10 am

is there a way that pets sometimes get "eaten" so to speak by the server? and is there a way to find a specific pet you own without knowing its name, to go to a specific pet through the WL or something? because i had this rainbow maned horse and i cant find it in any of my folders, and i checked all of my trades and i didnt pound it or trade it but its not in my folders and im freaking out a little XD.
kaylin540

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: can't find a specific pet i own..

Postby Aaron✦ » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:36 am

Heya! There's no specific way to find a pet, but we can try and help you if we know what pet it was. Was it this one?

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaylin540 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:15 am

Irisidium wrote:
    Heya! There's no specific way to find a pet, but we can try and help you if we know what pet it was. Was it this one?

yes its that one :)
kaylin540

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PikaPerfect » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:57 am

I just checked all your groups and I can't find it either ^^" Would you mind quickly going to the archives and looking at the Rainbow Mane's page to see if it says you own it? If it does, then you have it somewhere, if it doesn't, I'd recommend checking your trades again to see who has it.

Edit: Here's the link to its archive page - http://www.chickensmoothie.com/archive/2009/August/Horse
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:58 am

PikaPerfect wrote:I just checked all your groups and I can't find it either ^^" Would you mind quickly going to the archives and looking at the Rainbow Mane's page to see if it says you own it? If it does, then you have it somewhere, if it doesn't, I'd recommend checking your trades again to see who has it.

It's from august 2009!

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:05 am

The server doesn't get rid of pets, you will have to do it yourself.

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:14 am

I looked through your pet groups and couldn't find it either; there are a couple things you can do.

If you're fairly sure you didn't trade the pet (either by checking your trades, which it sounds like you've done, or by checking the archive the way PikaPerfect described), you can look for the pet if you can get to the pets' profile page. This is most easily done if you know of a trading transaction that involved the pet - it can be the trade you got the pet in (if you got it in a trade) or an offer/suggestion that was presumably later declined. If you can find one of these transactions with the pet in it, you can click on the pet and it will then bring you to the pet's profile. From there, if you look at the top of the page (under where the pageheader and menu are) you will see a line of links that say "Home < [username] < [group name] < Adopted pet" and you can determine which group the pet is in from there. For example, I know that this pet is in my group named "Cool Patrol" after using this method. Once you know the group a pet is in, it's much easier to find said pet.
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/HIM ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    MEDIA: Hollow Knight - Sonicxxiiii
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaylin540 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:17 pm

Kayoubi wrote:
    I looked through your pet groups and couldn't find it either; there are a couple things you can do.

If you're fairly sure you didn't trade the pet (either by checking your trades, which it sounds like you've done, or by checking the archive the way PikaPerfect described), you can look for the pet if you can get to the pets' profile page. This is most easily done if you know of a trading transaction that involved the pet - it can be the trade you got the pet in (if you got it in a trade) or an offer/suggestion that was presumably later declined. If you can find one of these transactions with the pet in it, you can click on the pet and it will then bring you to the pet's profile. From there, if you look at the top of the page (under where the pageheader and menu are) you will see a line of links that say "Home < [username] < [group name] < Adopted pet" and you can determine which group the pet is in from there. For example, I know that this pet is in my group named "Cool Patrol" after using this method. Once you know the group a pet is in, it's much easier to find said pet.

yeah thats the thing thats really bothering me. i've checked every page of every group, every trade, edited declined or accepted, even pound stuff from the last year and a half and i cant find it, and i went to the end and went from 2012-2014 and i cant find it there so im checking 2014-2015 even though i know that i had it as recent as last week. and its not showing on the list as one i own but i also know that the one i had was not a "very rare" so im wondering if theres some glitch. because i would have noticed it as a very rare since im trying to shuffle my pets to get ready to offer on a lion i like. it was if i remember correctly either uncommon or rare. and i remember it specifically as a white horse with a rainbow mane and nothing else, because i made an equimagine group that had that horse and one other in it, and it used to look different but it got changed and i still kept it because it was rainbow maned so its odd that i know i had it and i declined a trade for it last week and yet no trade declined edited or otherwise shows on my history, the horse is gone and yet i KNOW i had it.
kaylin540

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:23 pm

Could it have possibly been one of these horses? I'm not sure how long the other one has been a very rare, but if you don't remember it being one, it's possible you're actually thinking of a different pet.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaylin540 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:42 pm

Aliria wrote:Could it have possibly been one of these horses? I'm not sure how long the other one has been a very rare, but if you don't remember it being one, it's possible you're actually thinking of a different pet.

i thought that too but i dont have any of those either, and i went through the entire archive of horses and nothing else exists thats a plain white with a rainbow mane. and the reason i know it had to be that set of traits is because i called it the "rainbow brite" horse because it looks identical to that except for the forehead star XD. and i even know what i said in the decline message too, which was "sorry im only looking for trades with WL lions in them" and so i know it had to be in the last few days to the last week because i started my wl lions only response on the 16th and ive only been back since the 11th, and i said it so much that i have it copy pasted XD. and i think i might be missing some trades because i deleted a buuunch of messages with notes in them so im thinking since im only at 100 pages of trades and theres a "mark all as read" button, im wondering if i ever hit that and it just erased everything or something. idk but its really strange that i had a pet and its suddenly gone when i know i didnt trade it thats why i thought maybe the server "ate it", because i know in looking at my older trades there are a few that have replaced the pets in them with little error squares.
kaylin540

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me