Topic Glitch??

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Topic Glitch??

Postby Shooting Stars » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:40 am

About two weeks ago, I posted a dress up in the Dress Up Challenges, with the title "missing you </3" Except, whenever I went to view it, the title on the top left corner was missing the "</3" and the last quotation mark. (here) And it doesn't show the "</3" at all really except for in replies, or if viewing my dress ups page.

Someone later complimented on the dress up, and I went to reply to thank them, when the BBCode selection above (lack of a better name), turned into all one link, and if clicked, it takes me back to the dress up.

And then, when typing out a reply, the most recent posts shown at the bottom are all in caps lock (here) including the time and date of when the posts were made. Some of it is in bold too.
If you preview a post too, everything that's not supposed to be a link becomes a link that also leads me back to the dress up, including images.

Is there any possible way to fix this, or at least know what's causing it? It's never happened to me before. I've tried clearing my history and cache, and my brother viewed the page too and all the same things happening to him (on a different computer). I don't think it's the coding of my posts (I double checked though).
Thanks for any help ^_^ <3

♫ Currently living on the air in Cincinnati ♫

| xxx |
Featured Song: Take Five - Dave Brubeck Quartet
Shooting Stars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Topic Glitch??

Postby PikaPerfect » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:52 am

Well, I just went and found the dress-up you're talking about, and yep, everything you said here just happened to me. The only thing I can think of is maybe it's a coding issue in somebody's signature? No matter the cause, that's really weird ^^"
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shooting Stars » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:18 am

It also displays this in My Posts and I bookmarked it to see if it did the same thing, which it does, so I'm not sure if a coding issue could do that, but you could be right ^_^

| xxx |
Shooting Stars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shooting Stars » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:08 pm

Small bump ^_^

| xxx |
Shooting Stars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:47 pm

Did this start happening immediately after you submitted the dressup, or after one of the commenters posted on it?
    You'll probably have to send in a help ticket since I don't imagine this is something regular users can help with unfortunately! (:

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shooting Stars » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:35 pm

It started immediately after. ^_^
I didn't think to send a help ticket, oops! I guess this can be locked then. c:

| xxx |
Shooting Stars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:30 am

The only thing I can think of is that the < in the post title is messing things up, which is kinda weird to think about since I would think <s are dealt with in the title the same as <s in the post bodies... (more technically: I wonder if the < in the title wasn't escaped properly somewhere in the posting process)

Are you able to edit the < out of the title? If you post another dressup with a < does the same thing happen? I'd do it myself but I'm on mobile and don't have any dressed pets ready to be posted for the current challenges
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shooting Stars » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:50 am

It's the "/>" in the title. That's a coding symbol and the board is trying to read it as such.

I sent a help ticket, and that was the response I got. I had no idea something like that could happen, but now I know not to do it again. ^_^
I'm unable to edit the title because it also links back to the dress up, so I guess it's stuck like that forever.

| xxx |
Shooting Stars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:58 am

The quick explanation is that usually, if the < is not specially treated, then it's read as the opening bracket of an HTML tag instead of plain text. ^^ at least that's what I'm guessing happened here. Strange that this is the first time I've seen this happen... Has no one else been putting < in their thread titles? lol maybe it's something else idk I can't say more since I'm a regular user xD
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:37 am

CS does not use HTML coding though. Here's all the users with < in the title
search.php?keywords=%3C&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me