Suggestion - Snap on Clothing

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Suggestion - Snap on Clothing

Postby whoopsydaizy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:32 am

Here's a simple suggestion!

I have bad eye sight and often use mobile. Sometimes clothes are hard to get pixel perfect. So my suggestion is a little toggle besides eligible clothes: "snap on" which would automatically place the clothing where it's "supposed" to be! This would be completely optional, of course!
My trades are currently open!
I prioritize natural pets!
You may take 2 pets from any OMGS-C group a day!
whoopsydaizy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion - Snap on Clothing

Postby *JACKAL* » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:43 am

I like the idea of snap on clothing but that would stop us from using items for a wide range of purposes other than than those it's meant for.

So support for a snap on toggle switch. I don't think we'll be able to code both way though. ???

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:00 am

That would be easier, but like Jackal has said there are many purposes for items so it'll be great if it was optional if it can be coded. :)

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:08 am

This would be really helpful. Especially with clothing items that have a very specific area where it goes because of ear holes, leg holes, etc.

Dressing up 200 of these guys took forever and some of them aren't quite good enough because I'm trying to line it up with those two small tufts of hair.

It's especially difficult because when I first put the item on, it moves up a few pixels every single time. I have to remember to put the item on them, then re position it.

There's a bunch of other tricky things too like armbands.
If you're even a few pixels off, it does not look right. Lots of squinting and careful mouse movements.

These gauntlets are tricky. The capes too, especially. If they go too far up, you cover the mouth. If they go too far down, the armor or the back of the pet pokes through. I could keep going, but there's so many items I struggle with. Having a checkbox for snap like the rearrange mode we have now for these types of clothing where they have a specific place would be so nice.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:13 am

I want this too ;A; but I'm trying to imagine the coding for this and... I think we'd have to build something new and do a lot of manual tagging or something to make this work @___@ The easiest thing I can think of is to assign some sort of "anchor point" to every item* (some sort of shared point that many items have--e.g. those two tufts of hair that drive Shian up the wall could be an anchor point for wings, big scarves, the free store blankets, etc; armbands and bracelets of all sizes generally go to that one area of the legs; etc) and then put a default coordinate (x,y) for the anchor point according to species/lineart since I think most pets with the standard linearts are the exact same size (with a few exceptions like the "floating cats" from December 2010 lolol), which means people will have to manually put on items for pets that don't have the standard crop or have really... intense lineart edits lol

* would most likely have to be manually assigned because we have so many different items of all different sizes and stuff LOL

I don't know how our current dressup system works (although I can make a guess: the (x,y) coordinates of the centers of our items are saved) so I don't know if we have anything that would greatly assist the creation of such a system...

An alternative, maybe? would be to allow us to use the arrow keys on our keyboard to move our items 1px at a time
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whoopsydaizy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Yes, as I said, my suggestion is optional! I happen to actually really like how it currently works... but sometimes with some obvious clothes items it's a little hard to get perfect, as Shian said. That's why I suggested a toggle! :^) I'm glad you guys like my suggestions. Thanks for the support!

nickjr, the one pixel at a time keyboard placement sounds pretty useful! Probably easier to code, so I support that. Thank you for the alternative suggestion!
whoopsydaizy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:10 pm

I'm not positive, but I think it's very unlikely that the original suggestion would work because pets aren't cropped at a uniform size (I know Shian asked about this last week with some sitting cats, but it's the case with most pets even if it's not so obvious as that) and there are line edits of course, even just the standard ones of flop vs. upright ears, that would change the coordinates the items were supposed to be snapping to.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whoopsydaizy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:14 pm

That makes sense. I just wish I'd work, heh, sometimes it gets a little annoying.

Would nickjr's suggestion of arrow key pixel by pixel work?
whoopsydaizy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:19 pm

Honestly, I can't say for sure on that, as I'm not familiar with how the items are positioned in the current system; I just know that sometimes they wiggle a little bit from where you left them so they may be trying to center themselves like someone suggested? I'm not sure if that would keep the pixel movement thing from working.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whoopsydaizy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:27 pm

Hmm. I wish I was familiar with it, so I could help make a better suggestion, but oh well! Thank you for your help, Lacuna.
whoopsydaizy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me