What is the story behind Renna?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

What is the story behind Renna?

Postby xx dead account xx » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:43 am

What is the story behind Renna? This is Renna: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=313240

I was looking at Lawlilet's profile (I forgot why) and I viewed her most recent form post, which was this and I stumbled across this old CS agreement about this... Interesting pet named Renna and I was curious about the story behind it? Also, I thought this kind of behavior/posting was not allowed on Chicken Smoothie yet I saw staff/past staff posting ''not-so-nice'' things... I am really confused. o.o

Edit: Why does this particular custom pet say the username of the owner on it when other custom pets I have seen do not?
xx dead account xx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What is the story behind Renna?

Postby Burrito Bunny » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:55 am

Staff Custom Gallery wrote:Taylor is a friend of Tess. She made her Renna as a gift. Taylor is not a registered member on CS, and so Renna has Taylor’s name written on her. She is best known fro her rainbow coloring. Don't think you can pretend to be Taylor and claim Renna. She will not be placed into an account!

Also, remember, those posts were made way back in 2009. The way staff handle issues has changed since then c;

I hope this helps to clear things up a bit!
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby depressedanonymous, » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:57 am

Okay so basically Renna was an unadopted custom from 2008 when the account system wasn't in place yet. As a result, this custom was just floating around with no real owner. So, kitty decided to claim Renna as their own, because there was no way to tell if it was theirs or not.

The reason why it says "Lucas" as the adopters name is because when you adopt pets off-account, there is an option to put the adopters name in.

I love reading through the thread because it's funny to watch the staff members call out kitty for doing this lmao
___
___

She/her, adult.
Trader, crosstrader, collector, rat enthusiast.
Fair Trade Thread | New "Rares List" | The "What's My Pet Worth?" Thread
___
___
depressedanonymous,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xx dead account xx » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:02 am

Burrito Bunny wrote:
Staff Custom Gallery wrote:Taylor is a friend of Tess. She made her Renna as a gift. Taylor is not a registered member on CS, and so Renna has Taylor’s name written on her. She is best known fro her rainbow coloring. Don't think you can pretend to be Taylor and claim Renna. She will not be placed into an account!

Also, remember, those posts were made way back in 2009. The way staff handle issues has changed since then c;

Thank you, this explains a lot! :D
xx dead account xx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xx dead account xx » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:03 am

CollectorsEdition wrote:Okay so basically Renna was an unadopted custom from 2008 when the account system wasn't in place yet. As a result, this custom was just floating around with no real owner. So, kitty decided to claim Renna as their own, because there was no way to tell if it was theirs or not.

The reason why it says "Lucas" as the adopters name is because when you adopt pets off-account, there is an option to put the adopters name in.

I love reading through the thread because it's funny to watch the staff members call out kitty for doing this lmao

I almost feel bad for saying this, but the replies made to that particular thread are hilarious... :lol:
xx dead account xx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby depressedanonymous, » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:05 am

Yeah, I miss when rant threads were allowed! So entertaining
___
___

She/her, adult.
___
___
depressedanonymous,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Burrito Bunny wrote:

Yeah, I wanna confirm this with my own memories, if you'll believe me haha

CS was tiny in 2008, so things were super informal and not professional in 2008, probably because there was no need to be professional or formal in such a small community. By the end of 2009, CS had grown a TON, but CS was still pretty small, so some of the less serious issues were handled with the 2008 attitudes. Fewer and fewer issues were handled like this, though :) unfortunately I wasn't on CS from April 2010 to August 2011, so I don't know exactly when pretty much all issues were handled formally and professionally, but I do know that by the time I came back in August 2011, the 2008 way of handling issues had pretty much disappeared. CS is even bigger now, so there is definitely a need today to keep things formal and professional, so you shouldn't be seeing anything like what happened in that thread today on CS!

It's not just CS, either; since 2008, I've been a member of multiple small communities (smaller than CS in December 2008, I think!) where issues within the community were/are handled somewhat informally, with the only touch of formality being actual board warnings.

(This may be related to the actual thing that happens IRL: with more people comes the need for stronger structure. Tons of info out there but I forgot the exact name of this happening... but that's not usefully relevant here lol)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby depressedanonymous, » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:23 pm

nickjr wrote:
Burrito Bunny wrote:

CS was tiny in 2008, so things were super informal and not professional in 2008, probably because there was no need to be professional or formal in such a small community. By the end of 2009, CS had grown a TON, but CS was still pretty small, so some of the less serious issues were handled with the 2008 attitudes. Fewer and fewer issues were handled like this, though :) unfortunately I wasn't on CS from April 2010 to August 2011, so I don't know exactly when pretty much all issues were handled formally and professionally, but I do know that by the time I came back in August 2011, the 2008 way of handling issues had pretty much disappeared. CS is even bigger now, so there is definitely a need today to keep things formal and professional, so you shouldn't be seeing anything like what happened in that thread today on CS!

It's not just CS, either; since 2008, I've been a member of multiple small communities (smaller than CS in December 2008, I think!) where issues within the community were/are handled somewhat informally, with the only touch of formality being actual board warnings.

(This may be related to the actual thing that happens IRL: with more people comes the need for stronger structure. Tons of info out there but I forgot the exact name of this happening... but that's not usefully relevant here lol)

Do you think you can find any more examples of Staff being salty? I need something to entertain me haha.
___
___

She/her, adult.
___
___
depressedanonymous,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby i n f i n i t e » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:33 pm

CollectorsEdition wrote:
nickjr wrote:
Burrito Bunny wrote:

Do you think you can find any more examples of Staff being salty? I need something to entertain me haha.

^ same

I also find it very interesting reading and seeing what CS was like back in the day.. just from reading the thread, i've learned a lot more than I know :'D
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE
INVISIBLE ------
Hello! I'm your average teenage girl. I'm obsessing over
many things like anime, manga, webcomics, and much more!
I'd love to have a chat with anyone so if you ever need help,
or even just someone to have a talk with i'm always open!

FR - Eldemore -
She/her - DA - My Sticker Shop - credit
IT MEANS YOU'RE BRAVE ENOUGH
AND DO WHATS NEEDED
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
i n f i n i t e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby PikaPerfect » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:38 pm

i n f i n i t e wrote:
CollectorsEdition wrote:
nickjr wrote:Yeah, I wanna confirm this with my own memories, if you'll believe me haha

^ same

I also find it very interesting reading and seeing what CS was like back in the day.. just from reading the thread, i've learned a lot more than I know :'D

thirded lol

not to add more spam to the thread but i love reading old posts from 08/09 haha :')
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me