Trade Group Suggestion

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Trade Group Suggestion

Postby Coffeeeeeeee » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:24 pm

Hello! I was hosting an auction- and I was becoming a bit confused as to what trades were a bid for my auction, and which were not.
So- as the title says- "Trade Group Suggestion"
I have talked to two other people about this, and they thought it would be a nice addition to CS.

What would a "Trade Group" be?
Well, there are pet groups, right?
Why not trade groups?
This is going to be a little confusing to say--

You can organize your pets, so I feel it would be very much worth the coding effort to make that whole "organize your pets" thing into a trade format.

This being said, in a more - explained summary,

Maybe have some pre-set groups. (Auction), (Bids for other auctions), (Kind of like the "pets without a group" is a pre-set 'can't get rid of it' group.

Nobody else would be able to view your trade groups,
but I think it would help a TON when it comes to Auctions and Auction hosters.

They could ./ some trades that are bids for their auction, and say "Send to" 'Auction Bids', and then they could simply view ALL of the bids for their auction, instead of having regular trades, AND bids mixed into the same--

I'm more of a visual person, not very good at describing..

Basically you could move trades around from categories...

Yea.. visually--
This is a mess--

but the blue is just me covering names.
The highlighted ones would be the ones that are for my auction.
Some of them don't have the C$ on them, so I would perhaps think it is a gift (however I know they're not,) but if my sibling came on, and thought it was a gift, and they accepted- and then maybe traded like all the pets away- guess who would get banned? Me for scamming even though my sibling had no clue I was hosting an auction or anything about my account,
that is just an example of some things that can happen and why we should all get our own trade groups.

One to say "hey, these are for your auction, look at them before deciding a winner"
and another to say *perhaps*
"hey, these are all the auctions you've bid for, so you know, unless you want to have that trade cancelled, don't trade any of the pets in that bid away"

I think there should be a few default groups to organize your trades, but nothing else more.

So this would basically be like the whole "Create a new Group" thing with pets, where you can organize your pets,
but with trades, so you can keep trades in line, and not have that sibling example pop up- (it is unlikely, but it CAN happen)
Also- they are not the only reason. If you think about it- it would really just make everything more convenient for auction hosters, traders, and more.

If they were able to create their own groups-
some could be
"Trades for my ultimate dreamie" (so they can view if the trade gets sent back/cancelled,"
"Trades for advents"
"Trade downs I am curious if are fair or not" (I know there is a "is this trade fair thread" but you never know *shrugs*
Another really good one is a group that is
"Thinking"
So, the sent-in trades could be sent in, and then the accepted trades would be accepted, and the cancelled trades would be cancelled, and if they sent an edit, then the edit could sit there until you have time to get to it. If the player is unsure if they want to do the trade or not, they could put it in the "Thinking" category, and think about it overnight, instead of having to open up every single trade searching for it.

I know you can clear your trades, it was just a suggestion to help players keep a little more organized. :)
Coffeeeeeeee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Trade Group Suggestion

Postby Coco Bunny » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:55 am

Mm, I don't support this, sorry.
I find the whole thing long and confusing, and it can be solved by doing things yourself. People may not use the pre-set, irremovable groups and it'd just cause clutter. If you want an "Auction" group, make one.

For trades, you can put a rule into your auction that all bids must have "Bid" in the message and must be sent as a suggestion to stop accidental accepting.
Coco Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Enoch O'Connor » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:54 am

I completely LOVE this idea!

I find this idea very fascinating and a great idea to find out. I would love to be able to have some way of organizing my trades. I think it would help out a lot of players that love doing auctions and are always trading; and even if some people don't want to use the trade groups it's not going to be recommended it should be completely optional. Just like the groups for the pets. You could choose if you wanted to create groups or not. However, over all I love the idea and I think it should be tested out. :)
Enoch O'Connor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coffeeeeeeee » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:10 am

Ya ^
Coffeeeeeeee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:17 am

For what I'm understanding, I think this will be great for organizing. Some parts were just a bit unclear though :)

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coffeeeeeeee » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:37 am

^ I'm really bad at explaining can you help me make it more clear?
Coffeeeeeeee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meu » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:17 am

Is your suggestion similar to this one? I agree that trade groups would be helpful in a lot of situations but it seems that it can't be done on Smoothie's system.
ImageImage
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Meu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coffeeeeeeee » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:02 am

I believe that it is possible. They did suggest the same"ish" thing, but they didn't go into much detail. Maybe Simon thought maybe they went "automatically" organized- but it is possible. Just have a "sitting area" for the trades sent in, and then have it to where you can check the boxes and send to certain groups.
Coffeeeeeeee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me