Suggestion: Split Giveaway Board/Rule Change

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

What do you think of this idea?

I like it/I think it could work.
73%
I don't like it/don't think it would work.
9%
I don't think there's a problem right now.
14%
Other (feel free to post below)
5%

Total votes : 22

Suggestion: Split Giveaway Board/Rule Change

Postby gallifrey falls. » Tue May 23, 2017 11:08 am

Hi! I'd like to make a suggestion regarding the current rule about giveaways not being allowed to require pretty forms/good coding/etc. I've seen some giveaways get locked or shut down because of it, and to me that doesn't make sense. I know staff have said if you want high-quality forms to move the giveaway to the Art Competitions board, but to me that doesn't make sense? If you want people to simply put effort into their forms and write more than just a few one-word answers, that doesn't seem to fit the Art Competitions board. That board is more if you want people to draw art or write stories for you, and in most giveaways that isn't the case. Plus, I feel as though people looking for free pets go to the Free Adoptions board more often than the Art Competitions board, because that sounds like it's more for art - which to me it sounds like it should be.

Rather, I think it would be helpful to split the giveaway board into two categories. One for purely free giveaways (getting rid of pets, free adoptions, raffles, etc) and the other for people who want prettier forms or have other requirements besides just filling out a few quick things like username, pet wanted, and reason.

I think this would be helpful because it would allow people with higher coding skills and/or more time to fill out lengthy forms in hopes of getting a pet to go to one board, and those without those skills or the time can go to the other board. There's no saying both types of people can't go to both boards, of course.

Or, if another board wouldn't work, maybe modify the rule? Giveaways can be held that judge based on effort/appearance in the same board as those which don't.

What do you guys think? Let me know if this doesn't seem clear, and I'll explain it more. Otherwise, please offer your opinions!
█████
█████

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carries morexxx
╔════════════╗

Hello! My name is gallifrey falls. I'm in
my 3rd year of college, so I might be sl
ow to respond to PMs or trades, sorry!
I love to write, though it has been mo
stly fanfiction so far. My fav things are
currently The Magnus Archives, Hazbin
Hotel, Gravity Falls, & Doctor Who.
PM me about anything, i love to chat!

╚════════════╝
╒══════════╕
trade thread - auction
light's on, light's off - ©

╘══════════╛
╒══════════╕
╘══════════╛
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion: Split Giveaway Board/Rule Change

Postby Schofield » Tue May 23, 2017 11:16 am

This is a really interesting idea. My only concern is that there isn't enough of these "pretty form" giveaways to merit an entire separate forum? D:
Schofield

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Tue May 23, 2017 12:13 pm

I would like that a lot. The reason that there are not many "pretty form giveaways" is that many people think it is against the rules (which it is in a way, at least on the giveaway board.) When I first joined there was ton of pretty form giveaways (I'm not sure if the rule is new or if it has just become better enforced.) My concern would actually be that the truly free giveaways would vanish, but I think raffles and stuff would stay the same.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gallifrey falls. » Tue May 23, 2017 12:26 pm

Yeah, I think Burrito Bunny is right; the reason there isn't many is that people think they aren't allowed. If you create a place for them, they'll start to show up.
    And, in response to your other thought @Bunny, I think you're right that purely free giveaways will stick around, especially raffles. People don't always want to look through length forms, and there will also people people running adoption centers or just giving away all their pets before they quit (first come first serve) and other giveaways where the person also picks by random.
█████
█████

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carries morexxx
╔════════════╗

Hello! My name is gallifrey falls. I'm in
my 3rd year of college, so I might be sl
ow to respond to PMs or trades, sorry!
I love to write, though it has been mo
stly fanfiction so far. My fav things are
currently The Magnus Archives, Hazbin
Hotel, Gravity Falls, & Doctor Who.
PM me about anything, i love to chat!

╚════════════╝
╒══════════╕
trade thread - auction
light's on, light's off - ©

╘══════════╛
╒══════════╕
╘══════════╛
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Tue May 23, 2017 12:54 pm

I don't think a board should be made specifically for prettied up forms, but the rule to be modified so pretty forms are allowed. I feel like if someone is giving away their own pets and belongings, they should have a say on what users are required to do in order to obtain the free adopts. An example would include Oekaki adopts, where prettied forms are allowed and the art did belong to the artist the same way pets/items are to the user giving them away. (: This is just my two cents in the idea.

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Tue May 23, 2017 12:55 pm

smofir. wrote:I don't think a board should be made specifically for prettied up forms, but the rule to be modified so pretty forms are allowed. I feel like if someone is giving away their own pets and belongings, they should have a say on what users are required to do in order to obtain the free adopts. An example would include Oekaki adopts, where prettied forms are allowed and the art did belong to the artist the same way pets/items are to the user giving them away. (: This is just my two cents in the idea.

I agree with this actually c:

Edit: The argument against it has always been "if it requires so much work or time, it's no longer free, because of all the labor put into it." But I also think that it is free still....no one is forcing you to participate in one that you feel in too demanding, and the owner isn't profiting from it. Like, an art contest would have a winner, and the host would get all the art. If you make a pretty form to prove you care enough to put effort into the contest, the owner doesn't get anything accept the feeling that these people are trying and aren't just being 100% greedy with 100%laziness as well. Just my thoughts!

Edit again: Also, the other argument is that people who don't have a lot of time and who don't have a lot of skill with coding or what not will have a hard time winning. But I do believe some of the truly "free" contests would remain, and I think people who can code and will take a chunk out of their day to do a little extra to prove how much they want to win should get some form of recognition. Plus people can always learn to code. I mean, there are plenty of guides and people willing to help!
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Tue May 23, 2017 1:05 pm

Yeah, I feel like art contests and free adoptions have similar concepts but only one is allowed prettied forms, if required. I feel like they both branch the same way when obtaining something, so I wouldn't mind that prettied up forms were mandatory in each contest. Many people who enter in art contests for an adopt most of the time pretty up their forms when allowed to, and they usually win the adopt but it does depend on how the artist judges. It should work in a familiar way with free adoptions.

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Thu May 25, 2017 4:28 am

Yes please. I don't think I've ever visited the artists subforum when looking for a giveaway. I can't draw stick figures that well, so I feel like such a category does not include me but I can write and I can code.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrinaLestrange » Fri May 26, 2017 3:03 pm

I believe it was split in the first place due to people complaining about the two boards being together....
I'm happy to announce that I am the mommy of a little girl named Chloe! Born June 2nd 2015!
Anastasia born April 23 2019!
Monroe born September 28 2023!
My birthday is Feb 9th!
DrinaLestrange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Fri May 26, 2017 4:17 pm

DrinaLestrange wrote:I believe it was split in the first place due to people complaining about the two boards being together....

That's the thing though. It wasn't split so much as, people complained about the ones that took effort and time, meaning not free so it was instead just tacked on to the art board. :/
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me