[Question] searching in threads.

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

[Question] searching in threads.

Postby FreddyCenobite » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:27 am

I noticed rather unhelpingly that staff run threads don't show your posts when you search your username, meaning if you posted and don't feel like digging in 100 pages of your posts... you can no longer see whatever you said (which isn't helpful in counting threads, ftt, and anything really run by staff that try to prevent spam). Yet in regular member run threads I can still find my old user I changed a good year ago.

... Why?

I cannot recall if I posted some pets in the counting threads after December 18th of last year, and the pet species isn't up yet (the staff member hasn't updated it yet from last 18th) so I can't tell if I posted them or not, and I'm not allowed to post the same pet twice.
Basic info:
Pet of the moment:

Disabled adult She/Her Dog mom Ex-retiree
Movie geek Horror fan Halloween lover
My hoards Trade thread Offsite thread
My FRHow close I am to a full CS set
RIP my little butthead ♥️
CS TikoMy Tiko

If I haven’t responded to offer(s), it means I’m thinking
Last half of my user: Sen-uh-bite (send without the “d”)
Prefer no random PMs unless it's about offers
FreddyCenobite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [Question] searching in threads.

Postby Burrito Bunny » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:43 am

The search feature searches words, not username. So if you didn't leave your username (new or old) in the post you can't find it easily by searching the topic. I don't think it had anything to do with staff running the topic, unless I am misunderstanding you. It's all about physically writing your name or some other searchable term. (If you are searching inside the thread itself)

To find the posts you didn't leave you name in (or some other key word) try searching the name of the topic in your own posts to find it that way.
Last edited by Burrito Bunny on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FreddyCenobite » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:04 pm

Go to a topic you've posted in (I'll use nickjr's post in this very section); go to the thread's search option and put your user in.

Example:
Here's the result of searching in here. Using the search bar in that thread will result in the first link if you search "FreddyCenobite".

Now say in the list pet counting thread, here, I know I posted and even quoted myself in said thread. But in the search of that specific thread it never shows a single post that say "FreddyCenobite wrote: (insert post)". (I'm always on mobile, and my user is typed so much it's built into the library, so even "freddycenobite" and "Freddycenobite" work).

In every normal user run thread I post in I easily find the quoted posts, and I quote myself all the time unless not allowed, yet in staff run posts I do not find a single post I quoted while the "new post" thread icon says it's still in there. Why?

I see why it's not showing non-quoted posts, but - again - I quote my posts and replies to my posts all the time, but only in staff run posts can I not find them. Is this just coincidence? Or a mobile glitch?
Basic info:
Pet of the moment:

Disabled adult She/Her Dog mom Ex-retiree
Movie geek Horror fan Halloween lover
My hoards Trade thread Offsite thread
My FRHow close I am to a full CS set
RIP my little butthead ♥️
CS TikoMy Tiko

If I haven’t responded to offer(s), it means I’m thinking
Last half of my user: Sen-uh-bite (send without the “d”)
Prefer no random PMs unless it's about offers
FreddyCenobite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:25 pm

Hmm, I looked at a couple of your posts and didn't see any quotes, but I may just have picked a bad sample. Anyway, if you are having trouble I would suggest going to your profile and searching the name of the topic within your posts, like this: search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=How+many+list+pets+do+you+own&author_id=173171

It is probably just a weird coincidence because it works fine for me even on mobile.

Edit: oh I just found some of your posts which had lots of quotes. However they were under a different username. Could that have been the issue?
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:47 am

You have 24 pages of all posts you've ever quoted yourself on:
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=FreddyCenobite&author=FreddyCenobite&start=230

I can find no posts in the the How many list pets do you own where you quoted yourself.

If you changed your username and quoted yourself, they would show up under the old username.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me