Editing question?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Editing question?

Postby SolNox » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:51 pm

Hello!

I have recently joined Chicken Smoothie to roleplay and have been pretty actively posting since my join date several days ago. Nearly every time I edit something, it must be approved of by a mod (I completely understand why, as I was a Mod for a different website and...wow Mods see some stuff). I was beginning to notice it happening more with posts including image(s), however tonight it has returned to randomly having things needing mod approval. I have created a couple of wolf packs with a ranking system and each time I go to edit in someone's character to the list, it needs approval. I have obeyed the rule of only posting one reference photo per character and nothing I've written has been over G rating :lol:

Also, when I was initially writing up my roleplay thread I replied to my thread a few times immediately to break sections of the basic roleplay information into chunks (kind of hard to explain, but I had seen it done in the majority of other roleplays so I did this as well) so I could edit them with information later. I had edited my character information in, including three photos (one for each character) and the post needed to be approved of by a Mod. The entire post never came back, and it's been days since that had happened. I just assumed it was because I wasn't able to post photos here at all, however I tested this and was able to post header images and such (with Mod approval, of course).

I was just curious if this will continue until my account is a certain age, I hit a certain amount of posts, or if my account should be fine by now and this is a weird occurrence. I asked a member of one of the roleplays and she believed I should be free to post without needing to wait for things to be approved of by now (which it really doesn't take all that long at all - it's pretty impressive).

I don't really mind the thing about the character forms gone missing - I'm just curious if it could be answered and that might help figure out of there is in fact a malfunction with my account?

Thank you very much in advance.
SolNox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Editing question?

Postby Burrito Bunny » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:18 pm

Hello!

You are correct in noticing that this happens more with images. For about a week or so new members need their posts with images approved, and since the system can't tell if your image has already been approved or if it was newly added, every time you edit it it will be sent back to the approval queue. Perhaps there is an image in the post which is giving you trouble?

It's odd your post did not come back. Are you sure its missing? Check everything thoroughly and if it is still missing wait a little bit longer and send a help ticket to see if you can get an explanation.
Also, this might sound silly, but are you sure you posted them? I know I've been forgetful enough to write out long detailed forms and then fail to actually post them. :lol:

If you post a link to the role play it might help.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Editing question?

Postby Porcelaine » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:33 pm

If you're using an image from a certain website, it may need approval. There's a "black" list of sites that get pinged and need to be approved. Perhaps the moderators have not gotten around to that specific post, or it requires further review?
[list]Adopt a Newbie - Newbie Guide & Index - Need Help? -Get to know me - Characters

Hi there lovie, I'm Porcelaine
I'm always open to friendly folk, feel free to send me a hello!

The Adopt a Newbie program is constantly looking for volunteers to apply to help guide a new member!

I'm not as active as other members, my replies may take a while. Thank you for your patience!

Kindness is no virtue, but a common duty.
Porcelaine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me