Suggestion for the pound event [If continued next year]

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Suggestion for the pound event [If continued next year]

Postby Blysse » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:27 am

Support.

I think I’ve gotten a rare pound pet like twice (been here since the start). But a few I got did turn rare after a while. I tend to just pick an older uncommon if I can’t get a rare immediately because my Wishlist is pretty small and I figure they’ll be rare one day. I honestly don’t even get Wishlist pets often anymore. Maybe a system that gave users more pets on their Wishlist to choose from? I’m happy with even a common from my WL.
Last edited by Blysse on Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
───────────────────────────────────────────╮
Blep ShopIcon ShopTradesCharacter List
╰───────────────────────────────────────────

ImageImageImage
Blysse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby YourLocalBreadDealer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:29 am

I believe that would be very unfair. Cause a lot of people only have rares on their wishlist and there would be a big throw off, being as there are uncommons/commons in the pound and a huge decrease in what we have at the regular pounds
don't be flippin' rude

also

good things come to those who ARKARKARKARKARK

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 12 people.
I have received 10 gifts.
YourLocalBreadDealer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blysse » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:30 am

T a l l u l a h wrote:I believe that would be very unfair. Cause a lot of people only have rares on their wishlist and there would be a big throw off, being as there are uncommons/commons in the pound and a huge decrease in what we have at the regular pounds

Good point. In a perfect world of fair players it would be cool, but someone would just Wishlist nothing but rares.
───────────────────────────────────────────╮
Blep ShopIcon ShopTradesCharacter List
╰───────────────────────────────────────────

ImageImageImage
Blysse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby YourLocalBreadDealer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:47 am

Blysse wrote:
T a l l u l a h wrote:I believe that would be very unfair. Cause a lot of people only have rares on their wishlist and there would be a big throw off, being as there are uncommons/commons in the pound and a huge decrease in what we have at the regular pounds

Good point. In a perfect world of fair players it would be cool, but someone would just Wishlist nothing but rares.

Okay cs glitched. It only showed me your comment and as the first page ??
don't be flippin' rude

also

good things come to those who ARKARKARKARKARK

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 12 people.
I have received 10 gifts.
YourLocalBreadDealer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:51 am

@Shooting Stars
"The banner does have limits because there were people (summer event 2011) got hundreds of banners (hence why the banner pets are still common x). Which means people could stay up all night, for the entire length of the event, and gather thousands of tokens. "
Thousands? Really? Even without the limit at best for a 10 day event you could get a maximum of 720 tokens. And that's not accounting for how long it takes to find a banner, or any other random variables that may cause delay.
"You are guaranteed a token every time you click a banner"
It usually takes at least 3 tokens to trade in for a pet. A new pet. That isn't worth a lot expect for the hype of 'New Rare!'. Kinda like if you only manage to get uncommon and then trade them up.
"you aren't guaranteed a rare every pound opening."
I'm not saying rares should be guaranteed -.- that's still random/luck.
"The limit would punish those who took their time to help build their collection or trading fodder, because "it's not fair to the newer/slower computers&internet/younger players!!!!" The limit for banner events is in place so people who have the time to be at the computer all day don't have thousands of tokens compared to the ones who have school and jobs. "
How is allowing someone to get 10 rares a punishment?? It would say you reached a limit, you would have still put time into them, your argument for that part makes no sense.
Yes you earned them. So? I'm not proposing they get taken away. You get to keep what you earned. If you put effort into hunting rares AFTER it says you reached the limit that's not my fault. You can't token hunt after you've reached the limit.
And the banner limit was literally made for almost the same reason as the banner limit. To many people getting to many tokens.
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:01 am

Support!
      The regular Pound is alright the way it is, but for the Flash Pound event, I didn't get a single rare. And I was there for the Pound opening many many times. It was very frustrating.

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:11 am

As far as I am concerned, if you can adopt rares so easily over others, you should be punished for having an unfair advantage. I really do not understand why people are so against this concept. Maybe it has something to do with self entitlement. Or that they know the system is exploitable and will say anything to protect it. I have already seen how much of an improvement I got when I went to a better network and a quality phone. Imagine how many rares I will have once I move near the server center that hosts CS and buy a $16,000 rig with a t2 line. I don't think I will get anything less than 1 list pet a month with that kind of advantage. Of course I would need to be rich and crazy to do that. But you get my point..

While this post suggests limits on rares for the flash pound only. I really do think it highlights how unfair the pound format is in general. Think about it. If people can get rares so easily in the 200k pound event, they can still get many good pets every regular pound opening over others. (Even with the adoption quantities being higher, and more RNG based, the pets still get gobbled up by speed users most of the time.)
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion for the pound event (Or pound in general)

Postby Eaglespirit » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:17 am

irisidium wrote:
    In the regular pound it's far more based on luck, so I don't think any extra cooldowns are really needed for it. Everyone has an equal chance at it which is arguably more fair. For the shorter flash pound event I definitely love the idea, but for the regular schedule I don't think it's needed.^^

Just quoting this since it makes more sense then I can for why it isn't as nessicary for the normal pound. There's a lot more pets and rares available in the normal pound opening, and while its still somewhat biased it seems more balanced then the pound event (which is why I changed the suggestion to just the event).
Even on my old slow phone I managed to snag a few rares there, ironically it was also the only time I got a VR xD by some miracle.
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:37 am

Obius wrote:As far as I am concerned, if you can adopt rares so easily over others, you should be punished for having an unfair advantage. I really do not understand why people are so against this concept. Maybe it has something to do with self entitlement.

Or maybe it's just simple common decency that no one should be punished for playing a game. :)
All games are the same.
If you put more time into the game, you get more rewards. If you put less time in, you get less rewards.

No one should be told they have to stop playing so the guy that only logs on once every three months needs a chance to catch up so everything is "fair".
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:33 am

Shian wrote:
Obius wrote:As far as I am concerned, if you can adopt rares so easily over others, you should be punished for having an unfair advantage. I really do not understand why people are so against this concept. Maybe it has something to do with self entitlement.

Or maybe it's just simple common decency that no one should be punished for playing a game. :)
All games are the same.
If you put more time into the game, you get more rewards. If you put less time in, you get less rewards.

No one should be told they have to stop playing so the guy that only logs on once every three months needs a chance to catch up so everything is "fair".

I would definitely say no one should be punished lol, but there should be restrictions and that I agree!

There are restrictions for the token event. It's so that the game will be fair for everyone. This is a similar way to make the pound more fair. It's not stopping anyone from getting rares, just making it so if you were lucky to get one you get a bit of a cooldown! That's exactly how the pound is now anyways? You adopt a pet, you get a cooldown and don't always get to adopt at the next pound opening. Is that punishment? No. It's making the game fair for everyone. This is just another restriction put in place for special event pound openings.
The luck will still play a factor. It will still be the exact same pound event, you just get a longer cool down.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups