Items rarity tag - new idea!?

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Items rarity tag - new idea!?

Postby Lufi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:05 am

Well... i know that there was talked about rarity items a lot of time... and usually it was denied 'cause of store items and free items.
Okay so what about make it little different?
I would love to know how much are some event items rare mainly when items are not re-released.
But you ask... how to make rarity when are some items in store and everyone can buy them any time?

Well I thought about this:
- Store items which are possible to buy would not get rarity! Just some special tag like "Store item" doesn't matter if they are for $ or for free.

- Items which was in Store and then was removed would have rarity as other items - for example Scarfs from December 2010 or christmas tree decorations from advent 2009 - cause they are not possible to buy anymore.

- custom items wouldn't get rarity - same like custom pets - if item isn't in archive, they will not have rarity tag

- all other items (event items, limited store items) would get rarity tag same like pets - but maybe would be need to have a little different system for them but it would depend on Nick or Tess

I think that this could to help everyone to know which event items are rare and which not and what they actualy really worth.
What do you think about it? Do you have better idea or you see any problem on this one?
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Items rarity tag - new idea!?

Postby Aliria » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:23 am

I believe the issue with giving rarities to items isn't with store items, but with the fact that items don't have individual ID numbers like pets do, so counting them isn't possible.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:13 am

Aliria wrote:I believe the issue with giving rarities to items isn't with store items, but with the fact that items don't have individual ID numbers like pets do, so counting them isn't possible.

That sounds odd. Do you have a link to this? I would imagine that counting is still possible; you just can't differentiate copies of items for trades, but the system ought to know how many items of an item ID exist...
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:32 am

nickjr wrote:
Aliria wrote:I believe the issue with giving rarities to items isn't with store items, but with the fact that items don't have individual ID numbers like pets do, so counting them isn't possible.

That sounds odd. Do you have a link to this? I would imagine that counting is still possible; you just can't differentiate copies of items for trades, but the system ought to know how many items of an item ID exist...

I don't have an exact source, it's just always the reason why items can't have nice systems that pets have, and I feel like I've seen it applied to item rarities. I might be completely wrong though, my apologies if I am!
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:51 pm

Aliria wrote:
nickjr wrote:

I don't have an exact source, it's just always the reason why items can't have nice systems that pets have, and I feel like I've seen it applied to item rarities. I might be completely wrong though, my apologies if I am!

I've basically lived in this forum for the past few years haha and I've only ever seen that reasoning applied to "trades can't be autocanceled when items get traded away" but I could also be missing something!
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Misty_ » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:57 pm

A lot of animals look better rarity than they are. The rarity levers should have some more like little bit rare to make the game more fun
looking mainly for rare trades but all trade are welcome ♡

feel free to drop me a message about anything ♡

ahh love this show sm ♡
Misty_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acatalepsy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:37 am

Evie101 wrote:A lot of animals look better rarity than they are. The rarity levers should have some more like little bit rare to make the game more fun

Rarity has nothing to do with the way a pet looks (store pets are exceptions, since if a store pet looks nice more people will buy it and drive rarity down). Rarity is a systemic calculation done by a computerised process that compares certain ratios to determine rarity. I doubt they'd add a rarity arbitrarily to make the game "more fun"; the rarity system they have now is, for the most part, perfectly fine
you can call me acata or acaxxxxxpreviously Moona_ (also go by Moona and Moon)
Avi by Tsukoyami on DragCave

Discuss March 2021 here!
Help/Suggestions board here and FAQ here!

2021 Trade Fodder group here

Current Adopts: March 2021

Watch Me Grow! wrote:Image Image
acatalepsy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:45 pm

Even some store pets look like ideal month pets today, like the 2011 horses.

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:42 pm

nickjr wrote:

True, because items don't have an individual ID like pets do it's impossible to label a rarity on them and to cancel trades if you trade the item away.
Source: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2743706&p=88416992&hilit=item+rarity#p88416992

Maybe it is possible to count the items, but it might ask a lot from the server, since there are millions of items that need to counted, and I doubt you can only select the free ones and don't count the store items.
But I admit an item rarity would make things a LOT easier :D
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:25 pm

I love the idea if it's possible.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me