[IMPLEMENTED] Mark store pets as store pets

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Support or no support?

Store pet markers similar to PPS pet markers (image tag, FAQ link)
73%
Separate archives for store pets
18%
Other
1%
No support for any change; keep things the way they are now
8%

Total votes : 300

Re: Should we mark store pets as something separate?

Postby nickjr » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:53 am

\\\ wrote:
      I strongly agree,
      just like the release of BBS,
      there won't be a need to put the release of the new Store Pet mark on the news board.

This won't cause too big of a demand increase,
      which I think would be great.

I think you missed that we always have news posts when there are new releases of anything: pets (direct adopts or indirect via tokens during events), items, stamps, etc. The only new releases that we don't get news posts for are some Advent Calendar adopts and the new free adopts during the summer event, but even those are indirectly announced via lines like "Come back tomorrow for another thing!"

So... your thing about the news post doesn't really hold
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ‍‍⠀ » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:55 am

nickjr wrote:
\\\ wrote:
      I strongly agree,
      there won't be a need to put the release of the new Store Pet mark on the news board.

I think you missed that we always have news posts when there are new releases of anything: pets (direct adopts or indirect via tokens during events), items, stamps, etc. The only new releases that we don't get news posts for are some Advent Calendar adopts and the new free adopts during the summer event, but even those are indirectly announced via lines like "Come back tomorrow for another thing!"

oh! i must have missed something since i looked in the old news posts and i didn't see a post about BBS!
‍‍⠀

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:57 am

\\\ wrote:
nickjr wrote:
\\\ wrote:
      I strongly agree,

oh! i must have missed something since i looked in the old news posts and i didn't see a post about BBS!

That's different, I think. We usually don't get news posts about new potential "content" in pets, if that makes sense. We don't get news posts about new lineart edits, for example.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ‍‍⠀ » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:03 pm

@nickjr

ok, so what i am thinking is that we put a 'store pet mark' on the store pets, just like pps and bbs.
      the 'release' of the new store pet mark won't be posted on the news.

i think this is cause less of a demand increase than making a new rarity tag for store pets.
      people will still notice the store pet mark everytime a new set is released, but i don't think this is as bad as making a new rarirty tag.

(if i am making any sense?)
‍‍⠀

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:26 pm

... I completely missed what you were trying to say earlier LOL That makes a lot more sense!

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:09 pm

To be honest, as far as admins are concerned; this is already a thing so shouldn't be canonized?

Though yeah the Store Pets receiving a tag will help drastically. But also removing the pets from the Rare's list and giving them their own list will help with the separation.
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Barb_ » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:15 pm

Oh my gosh, I would so love a tag/Id mark for store pets. If that is too much to ask for the. A way to have them as a sort category in the CS Archives would be the next best thing imho.
Barb_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby halloween3110 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:38 pm

Hi there all!

If I may be so bold to interject at this time...I would like to put my own point of view on the subject.
It's a simple point:

Why can't we continue to include Store pets in the Lists and make them VR, OMGSR?

At the end of the day,
when Store pets were introduced, there were less Members buying them (as opposed to normal adoptions)

Nowadays, there may be more members buying the store pets, but in ratio as to how many members are there who don't - how many?

eg: say in 2010,1 member in 1000 bought a store pet.

What is the ratio now? does it remain the same - or has this site grown exponentially and the store pets should actually be regarded as MORE valuable?

Can the Mods and Owners Give ACTUAL figures here??

Surely this would solve the eternal Store Pet question? :lol:

Please, also, PLEASE don't forget - these "Store Pets" cost real life money that we have to earn to buy them.

~Hally
halloween3110

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imabox » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:49 pm

@halloween3110 The biggest issue with keeping the Store Pets in the Rare's List is that their value (both rarity and demand) constantly change. Looking at demand - if we put the Store Pets lower on the List (or their same location) people are still going to expect more for them and it'll confuse those who are new to the list as to why they are offering a pet that is on the same tier as them, but they're being told it's not fair. If we put them higher to match "demand" it'll just cause people to request even more for them. Looking at rarity - every year Store Pets increase in value because more people join the site and there are more accounts that die that have the older Store Pets.
Either way it would be constant changes to the List which is why on the The "Rare's List Guide" we've been debating if Store Pets should be removed (along with other suggestions of change to the List). Although talking about removing Store Pets from the List is off topic, but I wanted to bring up why people are talking about if the Store Pets are removed.

I wasn't entirely sure what you meant about the the VR/OMGSR part, but I think you were talking about if we removed their tags to replace it with something else (if I'm wrong I'm sorry XD). From what I've been reading lately it seems like more people are on board with not removing their current VR/OMGSR tag, but adding another tag (like the PPS or BBS) that labels them as Store Pet with a link that let's people read about what a Store Pet is and why it won't be rereleased again.
ImageImage
I've come up with a new recipe!

Imabox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:45 pm

@ above

From my understanding the store pets are not going to be removed from the list so much as put in their own group/box with something to say along the lines of their values can not be gaged accurately enough to place them within the other tiers.

The reason for this is there is discussion to change the rares list into a list which is purely rarity based (currently it is rarity, availability & demand based). If this happens the rarity of most non-store pets can be worked out pretty easily based on both their rarity tag & when they changed from a lower to higher rarity (or in the case of some URs the fact they've never dropped below OMGSR). But with store pets which have been VR from their release there is no way of knowing whether they fall on the lower or higher range of VR, which would make it impossible to accurately place them on a rarity list.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me