Suggestion: Way To Find Pets

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Suggestion: Way To Find Pets

Postby Viridika » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:19 am

I completely agree, but Irisidium is right about the server. I can't tell you exactly how many times I've had to hunt down a pet through all my groups. Gets very annoying as the number of pets grows.
Viridika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Hydra » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:42 am

Perhaps it would be easier if there were less pets made? I imagine especially for people who aren't super adamant players, having 50 or so new pets every month and trying to keep up with them all can be stressful. It also just adds on to the difficulty of creating a search system...the artists make beautiful pets, especially for holidays, but there are so many x.x
We are all small on the wings of time, twirling about through the universe as a tiny mote twirls in the wind.
Queen Hydra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:54 am

Little Bat wrote:Perhaps it would be easier if there were less pets made? I imagine especially for people who aren't super adamant players, having 50 or so new pets every month and trying to keep up with them all can be stressful. It also just adds on to the difficulty of creating a search system...the artists make beautiful pets, especially for holidays, but there are so many x.x

Eh, I'm glad we have this many. More things to love, after all!

I believe most less active players don't worry much about getting all the pets. They generally adopt the new pets at the start of the month, and check on their growth sometimes. Maybe swap for a few outcomes they really like, but not all of them.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Hydra » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:53 am

It was just a suggestion. I know in my personal experience, between work, college, and other responsibilities, sometimes keeping up with the high quantity is confusing, and it only adds to the clutter, and increases the stress on the server. I love most of the pets that are released, they're often very beautiful and I enjoy collecting them, but I can see where less might be easier on everyone- even the artists, for they'd have less of a load each month.
We are all small on the wings of time, twirling about through the universe as a tiny mote twirls in the wind.
Queen Hydra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby d i z z y p i e » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:03 am

Support, but only if it doesn't put too much strain on the server.
d i z z y p i e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:50 am

Little Bat wrote:It was just a suggestion. I know in my personal experience, between work, college, and other responsibilities, sometimes keeping up with the high quantity is confusing, and it only adds to the clutter, and increases the stress on the server. I love most of the pets that are released, they're often very beautiful and I enjoy collecting them, but I can see where less might be easier on everyone- even the artists, for they'd have less of a load each month.

It's just a question of priorities at the end of the day - a lot of us do have work, college and other things that need our attention, so you're not the only one! Some of us play other sites too, it's just dependent on which you choose to prioritise. Obviously we're not demanding you quit your job to play CS haha! But there have been that many pets every months for years now, so I can't say I see much changing in the near future! On my busier months I tend to just put the outcomes I've missed on my wishlist at the end of the month and then bump my trade thread. There's a lot less hype after the month's ended, usually. I wish you the best of luck though - I totally agree, the pets are beautiful.

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Hydra » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:11 pm

I try to do that too, put the ones I miss on my wishlist. That is usually how I get any that slip by me. Anyway, I figured changing the quantity wouldn't change, it was just an idea I was throwing out there xP Just trying to come up with things that might help in making some sort of search method!
Queen Hydra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:34 am

You can also post on the monthly swap thread if you miss any outcomes. Since CS is mostly a kids site, we would think that some kids have more free time to collect pets than others and adults.

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gallifrey falls. » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:59 pm

smofir. wrote:You can also post on the monthly swap thread if you miss any outcomes. Since CS is mostly a kids site, we would think that some kids have more free time to collect pets than others and adults.

Sometimes the pets people lose track of aren't monthly swaps though - I think this is more talking about if you misplace a pet in a group. For instance, I've mistakenly categorized a rat from the 2010 Christmas Event as a monthly December adopt. The archives tell me I have the rat, but it isn't in my Christmas event group. Having a pull down tab in the archives like Little Bat suggests (or something similar) would help people with similar problems. Especially if they have a lot of pets c:
█████
█████

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carries morexxx
╔════════════╗

Hello! My name is gallifrey falls. I'm in
my 3rd year of college, so I might be sl
ow to respond to PMs or trades, sorry!
I love to write, though it has been mo
stly fanfiction so far. My fav things are
currently The Magnus Archives, Hazbin
Hotel, Gravity Falls, & Doctor Who.
PM me about anything, i love to chat!

╚════════════╝
╒══════════╕
trade thread - auction
light's on, light's off - ©

╘══════════╛
╒══════════╕
╘══════════╛
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Hydra » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:07 am

Gᴀʟʟɪғʀᴇʏ Fᴀʟʟs ❥ wrote:
    Sometimes the pets people lose track of aren't monthly swaps though - I think this is more talking about if you misplace a pet in a group. For instance, I've mistakenly categorized a rat from the 2010 Christmas Event as a monthly December adopt. The archives tell me I have the rat, but it isn't in my Christmas event group. Having a pull down tab in the archives like Little Bat suggests (or something similar) would help people with similar problems. Especially if they have a lot of pets c:

That's hitting the nail on the head ^^
Queen Hydra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me